Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
DarkSpyro: AVATAR MISSHAP REBOOT
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#51 Posted: 23:28:40 10/02/2018
"Ooh, that's bad, I guess? I mean, I know it's bad, but I've never died before. Sully, on the other hand, I have accidentally killed multiple times. Permadeath's a thing in that franchise though, so I better not go climbing any trees like you did. Hey, Skydancer, I can spot you. I've never held a fox before, but it can't be than different from a cat, can it?"
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#52 Posted: 00:06:10 11/02/2018
[OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot about the fanfic! That was cool! And yeah, with an RP as disorganized as Avatar Mishap, I can see there being tons of continuity problems. smilie And speaking of fan content, I wouldn't mind seeing fanart based on it, too. I might even make some myself. Emphasis on "might".]

"It's uh, Skyhunter," I corrected Storm from the treetops chuckling a bit. "Got Flight Rising on the brain, huh?" It didn't bother me, it was just amusing. As I carefully hopped from branch to branch, I saw that Storm was on the ground, watching out for me. After snagging a few vines that I determined to be enough, I looked down. "Okay, I got the vines. Coming down now."
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8067
#53 Posted: 00:22:47 11/02/2018
OoC: Yaaaas, that would be sweet! I had a fanart sketch when AM was in its prime, but I lost the sketchbook it was in. smilie Does anyone remember me and Rickorio hooking up? Because somehow I forgot that happened!
Edit: Also, whoo, second page! And one of these previous RP posts was my 18,000th post somehow!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:23:18 11/02/2018 by ShadowMewX
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#54 Posted: 01:09:08 11/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((oooh i might still have that old sketchbook!! lemme search for it!!))

I nodded, and would catch the fox if he fell. I knew that what happened to me probably wouldn't happen to him had he fell. I knew now that this regeneration thing might come in super handy, because hell, if we needed a human shield, here I am. "I'm here if you fall!"

((EDIT: Found it!! :0 Along with toon link me and darin!!
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] ))
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:31 11/02/2018 by prextail202
#55 Posted: 02:17:47 11/02/2018
[OOC: Aw, yeah! I remember those! Man, this whole thing is bring back all kinds of memories!]

And soon enough, I slowly descended, sliding down the tree's trunk and feeling my feet touch the ground. "Vine retrieval successful!" I announced, bringing my spoils to Redwes. "Okay, now here comes the hard part," I gulped. "Redwes, I gotta set the break now. It'll hurt for just a second, so you might wanna bite down on something." I placed my paws on his leg on either side of the break. "Ready?"
---
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#56 Posted: 11:16:21 12/02/2018
I nodded at the mention of the griffin... huh, Shadmé’s confusion was definitely not misplaced, I have no idea what to call any part of me except my head. When she asked who I was, I shifted slightly uncomfortably. “Well, uh, it’s almost definitely hard to tell, but I’m Fury.” I smiled as best I could with the strange fang things in my mouth. It probably looked creepy rather than friendly, but oh well.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#57 Posted: 22:01:16 13/02/2018
OOC: Aw... Darin was so adorable there. Good times. smilie

The user-soon-turned-gryphon found a nearby twig that had fallen near him, being prepared to bit down on it. "Ready.," he said with a nod.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:02:09 13/02/2018 by redwes
#58 Posted: 01:45:42 14/02/2018
OoC: Yes! I’m so glad you found those. <3 Judging by Shadmé’s old design, that’s probably the first piece of fanart I’ve ever gotten of her!

“Fury? As in, FuryBeam Fury?” I stared at him- her, that is- in disbelief. It seemed that one of my other friends was along for the ride, too! “That’s crazy! I don’t know if I should say that I’m glad you’re here, or feel pity that you got hooked in... Things are probably going to get unpredictable, consdering we all have no idea how it’s possible we got here in the first place. But might as well enjoy it while things are calm right now, though! Right?” I shrugged, stretching my shoulders. “What’s it like being a boat?”
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#59 Posted: 02:34:29 14/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((haha probably!!))

I decided to stand nearby to comfort the gryphon as best as I could during this, it was the least i could do right now, cause it could hurt a bit. I was still however, in a little disbelief that this whole avatar thing had actually happened...Oh well, maybe some good'll come out of it.
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#60 Posted: 13:20:33 14/02/2018
I kneeled down next to the griffon, and held out my hand. "I don't know how griffons work, but when I felt pain it always helped to squeeze someone's hand. You could try it with me?"
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#61 Posted: 13:35:33 14/02/2018
I took a deep breath. "Here we go," I said to Redwes, seeing everyone else pitching in to help, I shifted the broken leg into place with a small crack! and held it there. "Okay, someone get the cast ready."
---
#62 Posted: 02:15:54 15/02/2018
Redwes, the user-turned-gryphon, gave a nod and held onto Stormdragon's hands with a long-nailed claw. He tried not to press in too hard as the fox-turned Skyhunter put the bone in place.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:51 16/02/2018 by redwes
#63 Posted: 17:35:46 17/02/2018
“It’s weird for sure,” I said, and I would’ve shrugged if I had shoulders. “I mean I know that this boat could turn into a person but I don’t know how so I guess I’m stuck as a sentient boat which is not great if I have to defend myself or if the water runs out or whatever...” I paused for a moment before adding, “I have no idea how to move honestly. I’m pretty useless right now.” I shifted a little bit, though it was mostly just rocking back and forth. Saying this aloud cemented the truth, and I was really nervous. My mind was racing and I couldn’t really keep up with my own thoughts.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#64 Posted: 23:07:32 19/02/2018
"I don't know how boats move either," I replied, completely at a loss to how I should comfort her. "Thankfully, it's a river, and there's a lake that direction-" I pointed to my right- "so if you follow the current, you could probably practice figuring things out there. I don't think it's possible for the water to run out, so take all the time you need." I glanced over my shoulder a moment to check on the others. Skyhunter, Prex and Storm were gathered around Darin. I hoped he was doing okay.
"Don't worry," I murmured aloud, interrupting my own thoughts, "if anything bad happens, I'll protect you and everyone else."
---
#65 Posted: 00:19:49 20/02/2018
I kind of expected it, but the gryphon's grasp was very strong. I squeezed back with my greatest strength until the bone was set in place. "I'll get the cast ready."

I found the branches thrown down by the guy who died, and gathered the vines collected by Skyhunter. I arranged the branches on either side of the gryphon's leg. "Sky, are you any good at tying knots? I can't, really. I doubt any form would make me able to."
---
#66 Posted: 16:21:56 20/02/2018
I experimentally moved around, trying my best to figure out how to get myself from point a to point b. Somehow, I managed to get a bit closer to the shore. I gave up on moving normally, sticking my face into the dirt and shoving myself into the current. I remembered suddenly that boats steer with a rudder, which, surprise, I have, and I managed to kind of guide myself to the shore of the lake Shadmé had mentioned.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#67 Posted: 02:41:24 02/03/2018
OOC: *pokes RP alive*

As the others took care of him, parts of redwes/Darin's mind wondered back to the previous RP and what they could possibly encounter once again. He tried to distract himself from the pain and hopefully prepare himself at the same time...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:41:42 02/03/2018 by redwes
#68 Posted: 00:43:04 27/05/2018
OoC: I’m back! Time to ruin everyone’s lives! smilie

I followed Fury from the shoreline as she figured out her new body. She seemed to be making a bit of progress, as she’d reached the lake from the river. The lake would be deeper than the river, and it was definitely more space, so it was most ideal for her to practice in. I idly glanced over my shoulder. The other group was a fair distance away, so I couldn’t make out any details. All I could do was hope that the others were making progress on Darin’s leg.

Far away from the group, on a hill that overlooked the lake, a shuddering dragon emanating dark energy observed the group of users. A few patches on his body would occasionally flicker with pixels. His pure-white eyes flitted from user to user, collecting data on each one. prextail202. ShadowMewX. redwes. Skyhunter. StormDragon21. FuryBeam136. All arrived approximately 30 minutes ago. Danger potential: minimal. A single paw gently brushed a blade of grass, which became alight with static. As it blew in the wind, it touched another blade of grass, which activated with the glitch, thus deactivating the other. And so this small, near-unnoticeable chain of static proceeded down the hill through the grass, towards the group of users...
Environmental Virus 001 released. I will be sure to observe the status and reactions of the other users touched by the virus shortly. With that, the dark dragon turned and flew away, far out of sight...
---
#69 Posted: 11:51:48 27/05/2018
I gave a quiet growl of sorts as I realized just how limiting this was going to be. A boat, even a living one, was confined to water. I almost laughed as I recalled the phrase I loved to use when speaking about the King of Red Lions. Never underestimate the power of boat. What power? I was useless as a boat, even more useless than as myself. I laughed bitterly now. I might have powers over water and wind or I might not. How could I tell if I did? I wasn’t sure.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#70 Posted: 19:13:24 27/05/2018
While Fury continued to figure things out, I pulled out my bow and peered at it. It gleamed silver in the sunlight, with red patterns forming the center of each blade. Separating the blades came easily, and so I took a few experimental swings, aiming at nothing in particular. I myself had no knowledge on how to use my weapon in either of its forms, but my body seemed used to these particular motions, for I swung with ease. Reforming the bow, I moved my fingers to where the string would be, and in an instant, an arrow of light appeared. That is so awesome! I let go of the arrow and it flew true, piercing the center of a tree in front of me. The arrows had a slight homing ability, which was probably the reason I’d been able to hit anything in the first place. Thank goodness for that.
I heard a chuckle from my friend behind me, and so I turned to face her. However, I couldn’t tell what she was laughing at. “Fury? Are you okay?”
---
#71 Posted: 20:07:54 27/05/2018
“Just fine!” I said, though even I could tell it wasn’t convincing. Keeping up my sarcastic tone, I continued. “I’m just so excited to be stuck as an aquatic vehicle that may or may not have powers depending on which game you play! I’m so happy that I’m stuck here in the water and don’t have any limbs!” I forced a smile, though with my face being carved out of wood it really wasn’t any different from before. “I have no idea what I can do because the character I am is so weird. You’re over there shooting arrows and I’m here floating and having an existential crisis. This is such a great experience!!!”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#72 Posted: 00:44:13 28/05/2018
"Okay, alright..." I said, taking deep breaths to steady myself. I really hope I didn't mess up setting the break. Seeing that Storm had set the branches that would support the griffin's leg, I wrapped the cast up in vines to the best of my ability, double-knotting it at the end to ensure it wouldn't come apart too easily. No idea I was that dexterous, especially given my lack of thumbs in this form. Nonetheless, Redwes's cast was finished. "Okay, so just try not to put too much weight on it, and it should heal up eventually," I advised my injured friend, unable to shake the feeling I came off as a tiny bit patronizing.
Well, with that problem solved, we could get to a bigger issue: surviving. We'd need food, water, and shelter, and we couldn't get that unless we got a feel for the land. Time for some exploring! "Hey, I think I'll scout ahead, see if I can find anything that can help us," I volunteered. "Be back in a bit." And with that, I departed into the woods, into parts unknown of the virtual world.
---
#73 Posted: 14:11:30 28/05/2018
I had no idea Fury was holding all of that in. I immediately and quickly tucked my bow away, feeling flooded with guilt (pardon the pun). "O-one thing at a time, Fury! This really isn’t as bad as-" Don't you dare say that, the cynic in my head countered. You get to be your self-insert. If you try to compare that to her situation then she’s going to get more upset. Think of something else to say.
I started over. "Well...it will take some time to learn, that’s for sure. I can't imagine what it must be like." I paused for a moment, thinking. "Nonetheless, we haven’t been here all that long, and we've got this place all to ourselves, so that leaves us plenty of time to get you all figured out!" I shrugged. "It really, really doesn't matter if you have powers or not. We won't be fighting each other or anything like that. In fact, it may be a good thing that it worked out like this- Darin has a broken leg, and he'll need help being carried while he heals up!"
---
#74 Posted: 20:32:24 29/05/2018
I shouldn’t have been surprised when Shadmé spoke. She was ever the supportive one, and I took a deep breath to calm myself, half expecting a salty ocean breeze due to my position as a boat that spent the game sailing the seas. “You’re right,” I said eventually, sighing. “It’s just... jarring, to say the least. Being a worm would be preferable to a boat in my opinion, but I suppose I’ll take what I can get.” I wanted to lift my glasses and cover my face in my hands as I often do when stressed, but without any limbs or glasses that was impossible. I suppose that was one bright side. I didn’t have to rely on glasses to see.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#75 Posted: 01:39:48 30/05/2018
"Hey, wait, Sky!" I called after the departing fox. "I'll come along. If you run into trouble, I've got a weapon." I fumbled around for my lance, and ran after Skyhunter. I turned around, and looked back at the gryphon with the broken leg, but then shrugged. He'd be alright.
---
#76 Posted: 02:35:16 30/05/2018
My ears perked as I heard the voice of Sully, and I looked back to see Storm rushing to join me. "Sure, tag along!" I invited her with a grin on my muzzle. It was probably for the best I had company. Foxtail's a glass cannon, I didn't know how to use his bio-powers, and the only other protection I had was a simple pistol. Not to mention, if this was anything like a certain historic RP, well, going it alone would be a really bad idea. But what about the others? Well, they'd be fine. They had each other to protect themselves. With those matters out of the way, I was all set.

"Alright! Two friends going on another whirlwind adventure!" I said with gusto. But little did I know, in my enthusiasm, that danger was closer than I thought...
---
#77 Posted: 23:45:19 31/05/2018
Quote: Skyhunter
"Okay, alright..." I said, taking deep breaths to steady myself. I really hope I didn't mess up setting the break. Seeing that Storm had set the branches that would support the griffin's leg, I wrapped the cast up in vines to the best of my ability, double-knotting it at the end to ensure it wouldn't come apart too easily. No idea I was that dexterous, especially given my lack of thumbs in this form. Nonetheless, Redwes's cast was finished. "Okay, so just try not to put too much weight on it, and it should heal up eventually," I advised my injured friend, unable to shake the feeling I came off as a tiny bit patronizing.

As Sky and Storm went off to explore, Redwes/Darin carefully got up and gave a thankful nod. 'I think I would've preferred a broken wing to this, but at least I have three (four? five?) other limbs to help to support me. Aw well...,' he thought to himself. In real life, he had never broken a single bone, but seemed destined to do so again and again in this virtual world. He only hoped that the other unfortunate events wouldn't repeat themselves-- remembering how the his previous "misshap" self had found himself stuck in a trap and eventually frozen in crystal. Only time would tell...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:02:55 01/06/2018 by redwes
#78 Posted: 14:13:01 12/06/2018
“Yeah, I don’t blame you,” I quietly said in response. “Being a boat seems like it would be a lot different from being a human.” No hands, no legs, and the eternal feeling of being at the mercy of the waters. All things considered, I thought Fury was taking it well. Of course, there were benefits too; a boat body was likely a ton more durable and a ton more inconspicuous. Distracted by my thoughts, I turned my head behind to see that Darin was still on the hill with Prex. Storm and Skyhunter were nowhere to be found.
“That’s odd,” I noted, changing the subject. “Some of our friends are missing. I’m gonna go up there and see if the others know where they are! We might have to try loading Darin onto your back- is that okay with you?”
---
#79 Posted: 10:37:30 13/06/2018
Meanwhile, Darin did his best to keep the weight off the now treated leg and was somewhat successful. With some effort-- he was able to walk albeit with a slightly limp upon moving his hind legs. Between that and having no depth perception due to the blind left eye, it wasn't exactly an pleasant experience. However, he also knew he would only hold the eventual party back if he didn't do otherwise. On the bright side... his own good eye had nearly perfect 20/20 vision if that could even be considered a bright side. "One of these days, I'll successfully enter this form without breaking something.," he thought out-loud to no-one in particular.
---
#80 Posted: 00:17:38 16/06/2018
"Yes, I'm fine with that," I said, shifting closer to the shore to facilitate doing so if it came to it. "If I can do anything at all, I'll do it."
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#81 Posted: 04:43:01 16/06/2018
“Thanks, Fury!” I left my friend-turned-boat as I hiked away from the shoreline and towards the griffon in need. To my amazement and surprise, Darin seemed to be attempting to walk on his own. I quickened my pace to catch up with him, holding a hand to his shoulder in order to steady him. It seemed that Skyhunter and the others had done some good work on his broken limb, which I was immensely grateful for.
“Hey Darin,” I greeted. “Turns out the boat down there is one of our fellow users- her name’s FuryBeam! She offered to give you a ride on her...um, back? Is that how that would translate? Anyway, it might be easier for you rather than having you put too much pressure on your leg!”
---
#82 Posted: 17:34:09 16/06/2018
"Thanks. And perhaps you're right.," Darin said gracefully accepting the help and shoulder support.
---
#83 Posted: 13:46:51 17/06/2018
I smiled, glad that all was going well, even though our pace was slow. I tried my best to support him and gently guide him back down to the lake where Fury was docked.
“Say,” I said, looking around a bit, “Would you happen to know where the others went? I assume nothing bad happened, or else you and Prex would be up in a panic about it, but truthfully, I’m surprised that they’re gone already.”
---
#84 Posted: 21:27:01 17/06/2018
"They volunteered to scout ahead. That way.," Darin quickly said motioning towards their previous direction. He tried his best not to show weakness, despite the situation.
---
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#85 Posted: 22:26:40 18/06/2018
Hey, is there room for another?
Name: darknessdawn
Your CURRENT avatar: Star the Zoroark (Original, based on the Pokémon Zoroark. Has a nasty scar over his right eye. If he opens it, there's a black void with a red pupil beneath.)
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
#86 Posted: 04:21:18 22/06/2018
(OOC: Haven't heard from Prextail in a while, hm... Maybe we could elect a moderator to manage the topic while she's away?)

Into the digital forest I strode, with Storm at my side, unsure what to expect, but still eager to explore. I had been mapping the area out in my head, taking note of landmarks we could use to find our way back. We'd fixed Redwes's leg- sort of -and found fresh water, now we needed to find some food and shelter. As we neared a clearing, my foxy nose picked up a rather pleasing aroma. An aroma... of food!

There, in the center of the clearing, stood a lone tree, taller than its peers, and decorating its branches were several small fruits, which I could only assume were figs. "Hey Storm, you hungry?" I asked, looking back over my shoulder.
---
#87 Posted: 02:26:51 26/06/2018
"Ah, no thanks. I don't like figs." Although, in this weird place of wherever-we-were, food would likely be scarce. And figs certainly were edible. "Actually, maybe I'll grab one." The tree was tall, but I was able to reach some figs clustered on a low branch. I threw a few down to Foxtail, and tasted one for myself. It was rather crunchy, but better than I expected. "Should we take some to the others?"
---
#88 Posted: 21:51:35 26/06/2018
"It'd be a good idea," I said to Storm, biting down into the juicy fruit. Not half bad. "I think they'd appreciate us finding some food." With that, I scooped up as many of the fruits as I could carry. I was about to head back when something caught my eye; there was an odd flicker in the grass, near the clearing's edge. It sparked and crackled, kind of like static on a TV screen. Some sort of visual glitch? Looks like the server still had a few bugs to iron out. Might be worth checking out though. I swallowed the bit of fruit I was holding, then went to investigate the oddity.
---
#89 Posted: 21:36:35 27/05/2019
"Ahh, that would explain it! Good plan," I responded. "In the old RP, danger struck pretty much immediately, and we couldn't really do anything about survival until all the threats were out of the way. But it looks like things are going a lot more smoothly now. Aside from your leg, of course. I meant, no crazy chains that turn people evil, no possession, no threats..." I nodded and smiled at Fury as we approached. "We'll just get you up there, and then we'll be free to explore! Don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty excited to see how this all plays out. Hey Fury, you mind pulling over to the side of this bank here so we can load Darin up?"
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me