Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
DarkSpyro: AVATAR MISSHAP REBOOT
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#1 Posted: 17:27:11 07/02/2018 | Topic Creator
yES I WANNA TRY AND START THIS AGAIN I MISS IT TOO MUCH
GUYS I NEED TO RELIVE THISSS

So you're browsing your favorite site (Or one of em), and that so happened to be the purple and yellow abyss of DarkSpyro.net. What was so different today than usual? Well, it just so happened that everyone's avatars, including yours, have been all reset to default no avatar. Great, glitches. You sigh, and go into your settings and put up a simple filler for now, of a favorite character of yours. Soon to realize, that Dark52 has added a feature for custom titles and not to mention, bigger file sizes for avatars!! As you go back to your profile, you refresh the page a few times to see the change, and whaddaya know, it works! Though, your computer crashes as the last one loads, and before you know it, all you see is a flurry of colorful pixels, dragging you into the world of the internet!

Waking up, you dont feel normal, like you're not yourself...

Wait a gosh darn moment...

You're not yourself!

This is basically the same as Avatar mishap, though with a twist! Dark52, once a friendly moderator, has shown his true face, setting up a world of survival for his chosen users. They must navigate through this twisted world, and reach to his castle in the center of this entire digital universe. Once he is defeated, or if even possible, the users will gain access to a portal to the real world. This was all intended to be fun and games, but a few viruses have gotten to the admin's head...

1. No over powered characters, if your avatar is overpowered, make them less overpowered.
2. Control only your characters
3. if your avatar changes, DONT CHANGE THE ONES IN RP INSTANTLY!! HAVE A REASON FOR IT!
4. Be able to at least post 2-3 sentences per post
5. Your avatar form changes for the first time of being a new form must be for a reason, be it event or environment effects, just try not to make it all around the exact same time!

Name:

Name: Felicity (Felis for short)
Your CURRENT avatar: Mysterion, South Park Fractured But Whole
[User Posted Image]
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#2 Posted: 19:56:52 07/02/2018
Heyo! Look who’s back!

Name: Evan
Your CURRENT avatar: Foxtail Zerda, my OC
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#3 Posted: 00:22:32 08/02/2018
I am going to do stuff here!

Name: Storm
Current avatar: Sully (Fire Emblem)
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#4 Posted: 04:04:43 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
One more and we'll start!!
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8044
#5 Posted: 04:44:49 08/02/2018
;;;;;;3

Name: Shadmé
Your CURRENT avatar: Shadmé (I mean, just pretend I have my normal ShadméTheAngel avatar on...we all know what that looks like, lol)
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:22 08/02/2018 by ShadowMewX
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8550
#6 Posted: 04:54:07 08/02/2018
OOC: How how much I missed you Avatar Mishap. I'll pop in for this one. smilie

Name: Red
Your CURRENT avatar: Darin
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#7 Posted: 04:55:31 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((Yessssss accepted, all of you!!! I'll go ahead and start!))

All I can remember is logging onto Dark Spyro after years of inactivity and setting my icon to fit my current interests...
then, I passed out.

It had taken me a little while after to realize that I had not fallen asleep and had somehow awoke in a field, grass swooshing gently with the wind, and the slight bit of shade supplied from a tree that loomed above me. A odd sight after not remembering a single damn thing about what happened prior to me somehow waking up outside.

It hadn't been until I decided to sit up had I realized what I was wearing. The outfit, far too familiar seeing my recent addiction with South Park. Dark purple hood and cape, lighter purple suit with a green M on the chest. Gloves that I usually wouldn't wear outside of cosplay.

To make sure, I even touched the top of my head, flicking the question mark that I had thought to be there. It sprung back a little, but soon bounced back to the upright position, due to it being attached to a spring. I knew right at this moment as I stood up, that I was somehow Kenny McKormick's superhero persona, Mysterion.

Well...I guess the good thing about this is that I can't die, right?
---
#8 Posted: 05:15:57 08/02/2018
OoC: Time for long opening post yyeeEEEE

How is it that the most interesting things happen on days that seem so otherwise unordinary?
DarkSpyro. That Spyro the dragon forum that had been my Internet home for years. Opening a new tab on my phone- an aimless habit I'd developed- my eyes lazily flickered over to the purple DS logo. I didn't visit much anymore, but I tried to make the effort to pop in every once in a while to earn my gems. What an odd thing. I sat there a moment, one finger on one hand hovering over the logo, the other hand draped across my couch, as I pondered that website a moment. It had once been the site of teenage wonder and excitement: making my first Internet friends, learning BBCode on my first forum, playing games, drawing, writing, RPing, making a name for myself...hmm. I wondered what all had changed. Had I really gotten too old for this?
Perhaps it was my eyes playing tricks on me, but for a moment the logo seemed to vanish, as if inundated by a static square. My gaze snapped to it immediately, but it was as if nothing was wrong. After a bit of a yawn, I decided that it definitely wouldn't happen again if I kept dumbly staring at it like that, so I just pressed the logo to head to the website.
For a moment, it appeared that I was logged out. I stared at my blank avatar, confused. No, that wasn't it- my avatar, for some reason, had been deleted. No big deal, I thought, opening a new tab to download my usual Shadmé avatar off my DeviantArt. When I went to my DarkSpyro settings to put it in, I suddenly realized why everything had been so messed up. dark52 must have updated the site, somehow! My avatar was larger, in better quality than before. And not to mention, there was a spot for a custom title right underneath. I smiled, filled with a sudden nostalgia. It had seemed like everyone on the site had wanted custom titles as a feature ever since that one April Fool's prank, and here they were! Figuring I could change it to something better later, I decided on "The Dark Angel" for mine, then settled back and admired my handiwork after a refresh. My smirking Shadmé avatar, loud and proud, underscored by the custom ti-
Everything went black.
It happened instantaneously- I didn't even have time to cry out. One moment, I was lazily lying on my couch, the next, I was aimlessly floating in a dark space, feeling hot and cold, and deafened by the nonexistent sound, everything and nothing whizzing past my eyes and ears for both mere seconds and an everlasting eternity.
Finally, the blackness faded away. I think the only word to describe my condition was awful- I felt like I was being stabbed in a million places, and I couldn't feel the ground beneath my feet, or anywhere I outstretched my arms. My back ached, I couldn't lift my head, and I must have been facing downward, because gravity was pulling all my hair past my face, so I couldn't see a thing.
"God...dangit," I muttered.

OoC: Uuh, I'm trapped in a mass of tree branches. Sorry if that's not clear. Who wants to help? smilie
---
#9 Posted: 05:17:24 08/02/2018
*Click, click, click* 'Ah-- perfect. Back to normal,' thought the user as he assigned his never-changing avatar once again. The next thing he knew, everything started acting up as he frantically tried to close DarkSpyro. It was too late, however, and the flurry of colorful pixels soon took hold of him. Suddenly he was in a dream, so he thought at least. 'Am I-- am I asleep?,' he thought as he soon discovered that he was in the air as if souring above the sky. It was just then that he started falling a loud screech could heard coming from... somewhere. "What the... what's going on here?," he frantically thought out-loud as he searched his 'body' for a parachute or some other means of safely landing. "Are those... are those claws?!," he frantically out-loud again as he looked at his hands and suddenly he felt something else... it felt as if something were attached to his back. "Are these... are these wings? Am I some sort of bird or...," he said realizing what else he could've become in this strange dream-like world. It was at that moment that he hit the top of large tree, several of its large branches, and then he soon hit the ground below with a loud THUD. The first thing that hit the ground was a tan furred/feathered head with a brown bird-like beak.

OOC: I think we all found the same tree. smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:18:48 08/02/2018 by redwes
#10 Posted: 05:19:18 08/02/2018
[I’m not reusing an old intro post, what are you talking about?]
[Also fair warning, I probably won’t have a lot of time for RPing for the time being.]

I knew I was in for a crazy day the second I opened my eyes.

Laid down low on the ground, I raised my head up, squinting as my eyes adjusted to the light. The serene ambiance of a silent forest greeted my senses as I stumbled to my feet. A light breeze rippled through the treetops and dappled sunlight beamed down lighting the forest floor. Aside from the occasional twitter of a bird, there were no signs of anyone else in my area. It seemed peaceful enough, but it was still jarring to wake up in the outdoors instead of my warm, soft bed. But that wasn't even the most bizarre thing about my situation.

The first thing I noticed- well, I noticed a lot of stuff, but this one stood out the most -was that I was having some difficulty standing up. It was so weird, I felt really off-balance. Now, you could blame that on me still being groggy from my slumber, but it doesn't usually take long for me to really wake up. Every time I tried to stand, I tipped over and fell back on my hands, and after several fruitless efforts, I eventually decided Screw it, I'm walking on all fours today. The next most apparent thing was that I felt oddly alert, aware of my surroundings, ready to take a fight-or-flight action. Especially weird, seeing how I just got up. My senses seemed much keener as well; I could hear something little rustle around beneath the forest litter carpeting the ground, presumably just a bug or something, and my normally nearsighted vision was suddenly remarkably clear. I noted that everything seemed very large, even by a forest's standards, but what really caught my attention was an unusual presence behind me.

As I whipped around to see what dared creep up behind me, there was a flash of fur, and the thing was gone. But I could still sense it behind me, so I continued to chase it around and around until I crashed into a tree, dazed and dizzy. "Ow, my head..." I muttered, not even noticing that my voice had adopted a distinct accent. Sitting, clutching the lump on my cranium, I finally saw my assailant clearly, laying down by my side, swaying contently. A tail, and a very familiar-looking, bushy tail at that. But that didn't make any sense. What was it attached to? It took me about ten seconds to figure it out, and I gasped as I did: It was attached to me. With that initial shock, I finally took a good look at myself, and found my body covered in a soft coat of sandy yellow fur. And speaking of my body, its structure was very petite, yet strong enough to put up a decent fight, and definitely not human by any stretch. "What the-" was all I managed to say before I silenced myself, noticing my new New York accent for the first time. I racked my troubled mind to put the pieces together, and I finally came to a conclusion.

The fur, the accent, the tail- it all made sense now!

I had become Foxtail.
---
#11 Posted: 05:28:15 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((It's ok for time! I completely understand, I wont be online all the time either, college classes haha
also you guys im excited for this RP omg, way too excited))

It so happened to be that there had been a few more trees around the area, and I hadn't noticed the new arrival until she spoke. I blinked, and turned around, seeing a way too familiar looking person...no, angel hanging from the tree. No, this couldn't be...oh god, the RP, that old RP...

I almost wanted to cry then and there (truthfully because of memories and the fact that I might be stuck here along with the others) but I couldn't, sure I had been turned into a child but I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me. I then decided to walk over, and look up at the winged person hanging from the tree. As if I wasn't already short enough before this...

"Uh...need any help?"
---
#12 Posted: 05:36:30 08/02/2018
OoC: Yay, I can work with this! smilie
Also, looks like it's ninja time! Tried to integrate your post into mine as well as I could, Prex, lol!

I hadn't been laying there too long before I heard a wild screeching somewhere above me. "Oh crap, what's that," I spoke aloud, shaking and thrashing desperately to be free from whatever was holding me in its grasp. Something collided with another something below me, which made the entire structure tremble. Suddenly, it clicked- I must be in a tree! I stretched an arm above my head, and with more strength than I thought I had, I snapped a tree branch above my head. Finally, I could look up and see my surroundings!
The sudden rush of sunlight came as a surprise, and I had to squint. I turned my gaze downward, only now realizing how far away from the ground I was, and also wondering how my eyesight had become so good that I could spot the thing that must have collided with the tree earlier: a golden-furred animal laying on the ground. I then noticed a rather short, cloaked individual approaching, and several essential questions popped into my head: Who's that, and should I be scared? Why the heck am I in a tree outside in the first place and not on the couch? And what was that screech?
My third question was about to be answered. I felt a shadow cross my body, and before I could tilt myself to get a better view of what the heck was falling from the air, it was pitched through the tree, breaking several branches...including the ones that I was currently tangled in. With a yelp, I fell off the tree, struggling to figure out how I should fall to cause the least damage to myself. It only occurred to me the moment I hit the ground that I'd fallen way slower than I should have. I let out a grunt of complaint as I struggled to my feet, senses kicking in to a fight-or-flight response. Mysterious cloak guy, mysterious projectile, mysterious surroundings...I had to keep my guard up! I whipped out my bow, flared my wings and-
Wait, WHAT?!
---
#13 Posted: 05:41:30 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
The feathered animal colliding suddenly with the tree, and said winged person falling out, I quickly jumped back as to not get hit by anything. Sure I was Kenny and couldn't really die, I still felt pain and that was something I didn't wanna go though. I blinked, wide eyed. What should I do? Frankly, I wasn't sure myself. It just all happened too fast.

So there I was, just blankly studying the situation, a little zoned out, and just trying to piece everything together in my head.

way to go prex, good job on being 'helpful' and looking like a lost idiot.

OOC: haha it just started and the ninjas are already here smilie
---
#14 Posted: 05:50:55 08/02/2018
OOC: Oh my-- the ninjas! Not the ninjas! smilie

As the human-turned-bird-something hit the ground, his eyes remained closed his large feathered body remained motionless. Closer inspection of the large creature would reveal two front clawed 'hands', a pair of pawed feet, a long tail with lion-like fluff at the end, and a pair of two large feathered wings. Fortunately-- there didn't seem to be any sign of major injury or blood at first, although a large red scar was noticeable over the creature's left eye. Perhaps an old injury of years past? Whatever this creature was, it was no ordinary bird...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:53:38 08/02/2018 by redwes
#15 Posted: 05:52:16 08/02/2018
OoC: Ninjas and Avatar Mishap go hand-in-hand! smilie

My attention diverted away from all my previous concerns, I backed away so I could get a good look at myself. I hadn't realized anything had changed when I was trapped in the tree, but now that I had control of my body again, things were feeling more than a bit off. Where did I even begin? The wings, probably. I mean, come on! What human suddenly grows wings?
It didn't take more than a moment for me to discover that I had full control over them, like I did with any other limb. I flapped my wings gently, trying that out. Even though the wing bones were hollow, they were still a significant weight on my back, and my stance had adjusted to accommodate. The wings were lined with fuzzy black feathers, and I knew instantly from the coloration alone what I was dealing with (although I didn't know why). The bow, the wings, the...attire, the improved strength and vision...
I felt a goofy grin stretch across my face as I grinned at the cloaked guy, whom I now recognized as Mysterion from South Park. (Mysterion? Huh. All things considered, I didn't feel as threatened as before, considering that his true identity was a fourth grader in the show.) "I'm Shadmé!" I said aloud, not caring if anyone around me knew what that even meant. I tucked my bow away, figuring I wouldn't need it. "I'm actually Shadmé!"

OoC: I have the benefit of actually knowing your character since I have watched South Park, Prex. Wonderful! smilie
---
#16 Posted: 05:58:47 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yesssss!!!! my character is known! smilie

"Wow...and I didn't think that this could get any...well, oddly familiar," I said and chuckled nervously. Now, the question is, was this the Shadme that I knew? Or was this really just the character she created and nothing more? I needed to figure this out. Maybe the oddly familiar part would hint towards something, I didn't wanna sound like an idiot so I played it cool for now, or maybe I should mention something....
"So Shadme...as in ShadowMewX?"
---
#17 Posted: 06:07:25 08/02/2018
OoC: I know everyone here. I am the all-powerful. >:3

I blinked and turned to stare at Mysterion, scarcely believing what I'd just heard come out of his mouth. "H-how...wait, you know my username? I don't even use that one anymore! I only use it on..."
DarkSpyro. Because I can't change it.
Duh, DarkSpyro! I'd been on DarkSpyro before winding up... here. My words trailed off as I made that connection. DarkSpyro. The glitches. This guy's reference to my DarkSpyro username...
Something fishy was going on here. I knew that modern-day virtual reality was nowhere near as advanced as the likes of, say, the ones fiction like Sword Art Online or Ready Player One seemed to illustrate. But dark52 was illusive- was it possible he was some sort of super programming genius working behind our backs to turn his website into a massive virtual reality? Ha! What a kooky theory. But I had no explanation as to why I was here, and I couldn't tell if the person standing before me was an NPC programmed to know my DarkSpyro username...or another person, like me, trapped on the other side.
So, I decided to test it. "I guess...yeah, that's me. Please call me Shadmé, though! What should I call you?" I smiled, trying to process everything that was going on right now. That was going to be one heck of a challenge.

OoC: I'll be right there in a moment, redwes and Skyhunter! Don't wanna ignore ya. ^.^
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:11:48 08/02/2018 by ShadowMewX
#18 Posted: 06:11:54 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
I...couldn't believe it. This was actually her.

"Oh my god, it is you!" I said, a bit shocked, before I decided to calm myself down a little and actually say who I really was, and NOT usually a immortal 4th grader.

"Uh...Shadme, would you believe me if I said I was Prex?" I then asked her, of course it would probably make sense given the situation at hand...
---
#19 Posted: 06:29:08 08/02/2018
I raised my eyebrows after the first comment. That didn't seem like something an NPC would say, would it? Unless it was one of those plots where the main character is an amnesiac. ...Like Shadmé is. Oh gods, the FoLaD flashbacks! But then again, if this whole thing were some virtual recreation of my character's memories, why would it spawn in Mysterion to talk to me, of all characters?
Thankfully, I didn't have to dwell on that weirdness for long. Mysterion introduced himself...or should I say herself, as none other than Prex. I leapt up and down in excitement at that realization. "Prex? Oh, that's so crazy! I can't believe it's you!" And yet, I could! It was almost tradition for us to meet like this. And she had been getting into South Park lately, hadn't she?
"If you're here, then that means..." I spun to face the thing that had crash-landed into my tree. He lay in a motionless pile of dusty brown fur and feathers. "...he must be a user too, and then..." I spun again to face the golden-furred animal that had initially collided with the tree, and noticed that it was a rather familiar fennec fox. "...He must also be one. ...Wait, aren't they Skyhunter and redwes? I'd recognize their OCs anywhere!"

OoC: Probably my last post for tonight! I'd like to give the others a chance to catch up. 'Night! ^.^
---
#20 Posted: 13:54:05 08/02/2018
[i]...Wait, aren't they Skyhunter and redwes? I'd recognize their OCs anywhere![/s]
Huh?
My (rather large) ears perked up at the sound of the name "Skyhunter". In case you didn't know, that's my username on darkSpyro, and besides there, I hadn't used the name anywhere else on the internet (though I did end up giving the name to a deity-like OC later). So how were Mysterion and Shadmé able to use that name so freely?
Wait, better question, what were Mysterion and Shadmé doing here!?
So not only had I become Foxtail, but these two fictional characters were also standing before me? What's going on!? From what I gathered, these two identified themselves as prextail and ShadowMewX, another two users from dS, and two that I had become friends with to boot. Coupled with Shadmé mentioning my username, I could only assume that this had something to do with the purple dragon fan site. And wouldn’t you know it? The last thing I remember doing before arriving was- you guessed it -update darkSpyro. Something about some kind of avatar thing? I wasn’t really paying attention when I did it.
This situation was starting to seem very familiar...
But that could wait for later. What mattered now was that two of my friends were looking at me, probably thinking I’m a huge dolt for crashing headfirst into a tree, and I had to save face. “Yeah, take that, tree!” I abrasively scolded the offending plant. Glancing back at the two users, I sighed. “Okay, yeah, I’m a huge dork. Sue me.”

[Say, Prex, do you have Discord? :3]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:55:55 08/02/2018 by Skyhunter
#21 Posted: 15:44:15 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((sure do! HopeOrDespair#1030 ))

That fox, he was extremely familiar too. That had to by Skyhunter, had to be, there was no other way! Guess I'm the odd one out for not choosing one of my OCs as a icon, could have been a fox or a bat...Anyways at least i'm still human for the time being so I guess I can't complain, could have been worse. In fact it could have been far worse, I could have picked one of my favorite South Park characters, Jimmy Valmer, as my icon. Thank god I decided to just go with something I had saved.

"That has to be them, no other way it could be, right?" I asked, looking up at Shadme, unless their OCs seeped into this universe...

No, if me and Shadme are here, then those two have to be Sky and Redwes.
---
FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
#22 Posted: 16:27:01 08/02/2018
(Can I join or has it already gotten too far)
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#23 Posted: 16:28:12 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((not too late at all!))
---
#24 Posted: 16:30:15 08/02/2018
(Yey)

Name: Fury
Your CURRENT avatar: The King of Red Lions
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#25 Posted: 18:57:16 08/02/2018
(WOAH GUYS I FELL ASLEEP AND WHAT HAPPENED)

I don't know why, but I was on darkSpyro again. It was a bit of a distraction, I guess, and it's not like I had anything important to do.
I felt like I'd had this avatar for long enough. Sully was cool and all, but I had her as my avatar for such a long time. I went to my avatar gallery, found an old but familiar picture of Skyward, and switched.
---
My head banged on something distinctly metal, and I grunted in pain. My voice seemed deeper. I get it. It's like one of those old games we would play, right? I'm Skyward now, or something. I looked down at my hands, but they were unfortunately human, though a bit rougher. No wings or tail, either, as I reached to my sides and back. I was wearing armor, which must have been what I was hurt by.

I sat up, and looked around. I was in a field, with a few trees scattered about. Not too far away, I noticed a small group. So, there's a gryphon and fox, the fox must be either intelligent or someone's pet, a weird short superhero guy, and...Shadme! A familiar face, no matter where I was. I lunged up to run to her, but tripped over what appeared to be a spear. Good to know that no matter where I was, some things stayed constant.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#26 Posted: 19:14:03 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
((accepted, and we all are just kinda finding eachother ))
---
#27 Posted: 21:18:11 08/02/2018
OoC: omg rip if you'd been jimmy

I couldn't help but laugh a bit at Skyhunter's embarrassedness. "It's Skyhunter, alright! It has to be!" I waved cheerfully at the sheepish fennec. "Hey, Skyhunter! It's super cool to meet you in person! ...Does that phrase even work when none of us are human? Oh well!"
Truth be told, I was a bit giddy with excitement. I didn't know how or why, but I was Shadmé. And I was surrounded by friends in a situation we'd all role-played out many times. The fact that it was happening for real was beyond belief! Maybe we'd get lucky this time and not have to fight a crazy admin. Was it idealistic of me to think like that? Probably. But as things were, all was going well.
I was distracted for a moment to see a rush of red and silver in my peripheral vision. Tilting my head, I noticed that someone had been trying to approach, but had tripped on a spear on the ground. Looked like Sully from Fire Emblem. Sully, huh? I knew only one DarkSpyro who liked Sully...
"Hey!" I called, waving even more wildly at who could only be my best friend Storm. "Are you okay? You should get your butt over here and join the club!"
---
#28 Posted: 22:03:18 08/02/2018 | Topic Creator
OOC: RIP indeed smilie

The whole situation...didn't settle well with me. Opposite to Shadme's excitement, I just had a bad feeling about all of this. I wanted to enjoy this sure, but I just couldn't. The bad feeling of what the reason behind this might be...not a good one.

"I wouldn't get too excited, as cool as this might be, I have a bad feeling about this....a real bad feeling,"
---
#29 Posted: 22:42:07 08/02/2018
Meanwhile, the user-turned-gryphon slowly began to open his eyes and take a look at his surrounding. And without yet trying to move his head or collapsed body, he immediately noticed that something was off. He blinked a couple times and briefly closed his right eye to confirm it-- yup he was Darin alright who of course was known to be half-blinded specifically in the left eye. 'Well, this will take some getting used to. Again.,' he thought with a sigh. He began to lift his head with success followed by his front claws and... "Scree!!," he inadvertently screeched in pain as he fell down upon trying to lift his hind legs.

The last time he had found himself in such an situation, he had broken his wings and even fell come to think of it. This time, however, it seemed to be one of his hind legs at least as far as he could tell. 'But wait-- if I'm here again, that means...,' he thought looking for and soon spotting the others not that far off. He quickly noticed the golden fox that could be none other then Skyhunter, followed by the winged human that must have been Shadmé. He saw the others as well, although he didn't immediately recognize them. Why did he have to break something though...? Again?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:06:46 08/02/2018 by redwes
#30 Posted: 23:44:09 08/02/2018
I chuckled heartily. "Hi, Shadmé," I greeted the angel, getting up to my paws. "Nice to finally meet you in the... well, pixels, I guess." I was so excited! Even if I was stuck in this new foxy form, I didn't really care what was going on or how any of this was even possible. All I knew was that two of my best friends were here and I somehow became Foxtail, and that was good enough for me. Though admittedly, I was a little curious. Was this like the historic RP that brought us all together in the first place? Would we have to combat doppelgangers and dark lords and static warriors and a tyrannical dark52? Hopefully not. Hopefully the good admin had managed to iron out all the bugs.

I was so wrapped in these thoughts that I barely noticed the griffon. After the piercing screech it made, though, I couldn't miss it for the world. It actually kinda made me jump. If we were going by dS logic, I was looking at Redwes. Cool. The more the merrier! Though he didn't seem very merry right now, in fact, he looked hurt. That's not good. "Hey, uh, are you alright?" I asked the user-turned-griffin, knowing the answer would most likely be "no".
---
#31 Posted: 00:08:47 09/02/2018
As the user-turned-fox finally noticed him, he glanced back at his hind legs and then at Skyhunter. "Ugg.. I think I broke something on the way down. I can't lift my-- well my hind legs I suppose.," Red said taking a moment to properly describe the injured part. He tried to get up again without success, lifting his front claws first but soon failing after that. "What is with this world and breaking things?," he then said with a sigh purposefully avoiding another screech and bearing through the pain as he fell again.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:24 09/02/2018 by redwes
#32 Posted: 00:20:31 09/02/2018
So much for making a good first impression. I picked up the spear that I tripped over. How did the material strength go again? There was bronze at the bottom, and this was most clearly not bronze. Silver at the top, and this was a bit too dark to be silver. That left either iron or steel. Neither too bad of an option.
"Alright. So, anyway. I'm a bit disconcerted. I'm Storm, I guess. And, Shadme's here, right? And the fox, you seem familiar. You're that guy...that fox-guy. I can't find the right word for you."
---
#33 Posted: 00:30:02 09/02/2018 | Topic Creator
I blinked, "Storm? StormDragon?" I asked curiously, the first username that came to my head. I just truthfully wanted to get to know everyone here and as to who they were and whatnot. Besides, we haven't talked in a while and it would be nice to know who was who. I kept forgetting how I wasn't really recognizable for who I really was...
---
#34 Posted: 01:50:37 09/02/2018
I winced with sympathy as the poor creature tried to stand, only to collapse in agony. "Broken leg, huh?" I spoke, walking behind Redwes. "Well, nothing a little bit of life energy can't cure."
I focused and held my paw out, expecting a light green aura to come and envelop the griffin's leg and mend his broken bone... but nothing happened. Well that was awkward. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I didn't know how to use Foxtail's bio-powers, since I'm not entirely sure how they work myself, and I'm the one that gave him those abilities!

I heard a new voice mention something about foxes, and given that I was the only fox there, I concluded they were talking about me. Sully from Fire Emblem stood before us, and while I couldn't tell who it was, he mentioned the name "Storm". Putting two and two together, I came to the conclusion that I was looking at StormDragon, one of Shadmé's friends (and popular shipping partner). "It's Skyhunter," I answered her. "Or Foxtail, if you're wondering who I am right now. Not like who I am as a person, but who I am as a character. And I don't mean character personality-wise, I mean- well, you know what I mean." I shook my head; I really need to stop trying to overexplain everything...
---
#35 Posted: 05:08:14 09/02/2018
OoC: "And popular shipping partner" I'M DEAD. smilie

I nodded excitedly at Skyhunter. "In the pixels indeed!" A screech interrupted my thoughts, and I couldn't help but jump. It was a bit off-putting, especially after Prex's ominous comment. But thankfully, the noise had merely come from the griffon, who was awake at last. Definitely redwes' character Darin- I caught notice of his signature scar. To my concern, his leg was broken. He must have damaged it the fall. He had broken a bone in the original Avatar Mishap, hadn't he? Yup, he had. I scratched my head as I tried to remember how we'd solved that problem. We might have used some herbs or a blue chain or something...yeesh. Fourteen-year-old roleplaying skills.
Hoping that Storm and Prex were getting along for now, I crept closer to Skyhunter and redwes. Skyhunter was stretching out a paw towards redwes, but nothing was happening. "Is redwes okay?" I asked, realizing how dumb the question was as soon as I'd said it. "I mean...is there anything we can do to help? Being all injured out in a strange environment is definitely not a good thing."
---
#36 Posted: 11:04:54 09/02/2018
I woke up feeling rather confused, as my gaze was trained on the ground- no, that was water. I was staring at water. I was floating, on water. A dream. Yeah, this was just a weird dream. I would pinch myself and I would wake up in my bed with a funny dream to share. Then I realized I couldn’t feel my hands. Looking behind me- wow my neck was flexible in this dream- I blanked. I was a boat. No, the boat. The power of boat. That thought almost made me laugh but the reality of the situation set in. This wasn’t a dream. I was the King of Red Lions. And I was a boat, so I was stuck in the water. I called out in confusion. “Hello? Anyone there?”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#37 Posted: 01:28:31 10/02/2018
"Well..." I told Shadmé, looking up from the fallen griffin. "I'm not sure. I can't get Foxtail's bio-powers working and we haven't discovered any plot MacGuffins yet, so it looks like we'll need to have it heal naturally." I nibbled my claws, trying to recall what I had learned in my biology classes to find something to help resolve this. "W-well, the first thing we should do for a broken bone is to set the break." I looked up at Redwes. "This might hurt," I warned him taking hold of his leg.
But before I could do that, my ears perked up as I heard another voice coming from nearby. So there was someone else here, huh? I scanned the area and found a lake (?) near where we had all met up, and floating on that lake was a sort of sailboat. But not just any sailboat, as the carving on the boat's bow made it a familiar sight. It was the King of Red Lions, and no doubt another user. I would've investigated, but I couldn't just leave Redwes here. "Hey, uh, Shadmé?" I asked the red-and-black angel. "I heard someone over by that lake, you mind checking that out for me?"
---
#38 Posted: 02:21:57 10/02/2018
"True that," I said with a bit of a nervous laugh. "There was no dearth of deus ex machinas in the original Avatar Mishap, huh?" But this was real life. Broken bones couldn't just be fixed with the snap of a finger. It would take time, real resources and a bit of know-how to ease redwes' injury.
"We'll need to splint his leg and wrap it, right?" I asked, watching as Skyhunter took hold of redwes' leg. "The branches from the tree I was in were pretty sturdy- I hope a stick or something like that would work. And maybe some of those vines could be used to wrap it? Unless you'd happen to have a first-aid kit on hand, which I totally don't."
Skyhunter's ear twitch caught my eye. I wondered briefly what it would be like to have hearing that good. Thankfully, I didn't have to wonder too long what he'd detected, as he soon turned his head to the source. Floating in a lake was a red boat that I recognized as the King of Red Lions from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker after a bit of squinting. (Maybe I should finish playing that game...)
The user-turned-fennec requested that I go check it out. After a nod, I began heading over to the boat. A character that specific meant that it had to be another user. But who? And would they regret their avatar choice? I couldn't imagine that it would be too fun to be bound to water...
---
#39 Posted: 02:27:53 10/02/2018 | Topic Creator
"Want me to get splints? I could probably get some sturdy sticks, and the vines from the trees do seem sturdy..." I said, and then went to go and climb the tree, proceeding to try and break off a few branches, ones that I thought might be sturdy enough anyways. It was our best bet, and it was the least I could do. Besides, falling out of the tree and dying was actually one of the least of my worries, I was Kenny after all.
---
#40 Posted: 02:32:04 10/02/2018
I took a look at the griffon's broken leg. "All the books I've read had the characters tie the broken bone to a stick. With cobwebs or something. But we could probably find something better. Y'know what, I wish I picked Lissa or something." I ducked down and approached the griffin, holding out my hand. I had no idea about proper griffin etiquette, but maybe it was like a dog. "Hey, do you know if it's intelligent? Can it speak?"
---
#41 Posted: 02:42:28 10/02/2018
The user-turned-gryphon glared at Storm, not having exactly appreciated the last time he been compared to a mere animal or pet the last time around. "Yes I can talk-- as can we all. If you haven't noticed, everyone here is a user despite whatever their appearance can be. And it wouldn't be the first time ether.," he then said explaining the concept to the new user-turned-avatar. He would leave it to someone else to explain who he was and what character his current appearance represented. It didn't help ether that he was injured, an event which had last time led to him being ridden if he remembered right. 'Or was it that someone else was injured and then they rid me? Gah... why must this happen again?!,' he thought agitated by the present situation as well as his leg.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:16:54 10/02/2018 by redwes
#42 Posted: 04:04:47 10/02/2018
"You guys read my mind!" I complimented them, looking to the tree branches. "Splints are exactly what we need to deal with this." As Shadmé went to attend to the King of Red Lions, I heard Prex offer to get sticks from the trees. "Yeah, sure, go for it," I encouraged her. She seemed the most equipped to deal with it, being immortal and all, so if anything bad happened, it wouldn't be too big a deal.
I looked up at Storm just as Redwes told her off about his ability to speak. Kinda rude of her to assume that, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't know Darin could talk. "This is Redwes. He's a regular RPer and Forum Gamer on dS," I explained to her. "Right now, he's his OC, Darin the gryphon."
---
#43 Posted: 04:35:00 10/02/2018 | Topic Creator
As I broke off a few sturdy branches I tossed them down, however, reaching for the vines...that was something that caused a little problem. As I was about to reach it, the branch supporting me snapped, and I fell, and you guessed it, tumbling to my death with a big *SNAP* Once I hit the ground. Talk about dying early on.

However, I was prepared for this to happen cause hell, I was a immortal.

Of course I couldn't come back like Kenny did in the show, this universe had it's own twist on bringing me/him back. The corpse burst into pixels and quickly reformed me, no scratches at all.

Just leaving me confused, and a bit....concerned?

"Did I die?" I blurted out, as if that was even a question.

Of course you died ya idiot.

((kenny death counter: 1))
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:36:29 10/02/2018 by prextail202
#44 Posted: 13:34:10 10/02/2018
I saw someone approaching, and I narrowed my eyes- how did I narrow my eyes exactly, now that I think on it? I'm a sentient boat. I narrowed my eye shaped carvings? Maybe that was a more accurate description. The figure was a familiar one. "Shadmé?" I asked, recognizing the angel almost instantly. Forgetting my earlier 'this is real' thought, I shook my head. "This has to be a dream, there is absolutely no way I am a boat and Shadmé just happens to be here," I say to myself, trying to convince myself more than anything. I stared at her. "This is a dream, right? There's no other explanation. I'm dreaming." Yet still a nagging thought in the back of my mind insisted that this was no dream, this was happening.
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#45 Posted: 14:50:59 10/02/2018
The King of Red Lions recognized me instantly. I was a bit surprised, and also a bit embarrassed that I couldn’t recognize them in turn if I tried to guess. Was my avatar really that well-known among DarkSpyro users? Or was this someone I knew well?
The sentient boat was muttering something about him dreaming, and so I raised my hands up. “Hey, hey, relax! I swear you’re not dreaming. And I can...kind of prove it? Well, first off, you and I and everyone else would be having the same dream, and the odds of that are pretty much astronomically impossible. And second, if this were a dream, you would now be aware of it, and therefore, you’d be lucid dreaming. However, there is no way to change the world around us merely by thinking about it, so you aren’t lucid dreaming.” I grinned a bit. “Whether the the fact that it’s not a dream is good or bad is up to you. Personally, I enjoy it.”
---
#46 Posted: 18:05:54 10/02/2018
I jumped back at the griffon's words. "Oh my gods! I'm so sorry! It's Darin, Darin hates humans, right? I'm sorry for making you hate them more!"

I heard a crashing noise behind me, where the tree was. I tried to jump back again, but this time I fell down. I quickly turned around, just in time to see a burst of pixels re-form into the strange superhero guy. "Hey? What happened?"
---
#47 Posted: 18:37:12 10/02/2018 | Topic Creator
I blinked, and rubbed the back of my neck, cause hell it hurt. Guess I still felt pain afterwards. Better than dying for real anyways.
"Uhhh...I fell out of the tree and I think I snapped my neck by accident...? Oops" I added with a nervous chuckle. Never thought I'd say that, but here I am, saying I just died.
---
#48 Posted: 19:40:54 10/02/2018
Well, that was one heck of a start.
I watched in horror as Prex tumbled down from the treetops, my eyes shut tight as she hit the ground hard. They were still shut, my face still frozen in a pained expression by the time she regenerated and stood back up, speaking, asking if she had died. Hey, just because your friend's immortal doesn't mean you can't be scared for them if they're in danger!
Thankfully though, I opened my eyes and saw her no worse for wear, if slightly pained. I sighed with relief. "Okay, good, I guess we're all cool then?" I asked, looking at the pile of sticks. "Now we just need something to wrap it up. I think I'll take care of the vines this time, somebody catch me if I fall." And with that, I hugged the tree and hoisted myself up its trunk. It took every bit of strength my petite little body had, but I eventually reached the forest canopy.
---
#49 Posted: 22:34:25 10/02/2018
“Ah, you have a point,” I noted. “I’m just honestly panicking right now and I’m stuck in the water because I’m a boat and I don’t know how to not be a boat and I don’t know what to do in this situation...”
---
28 STAB WOUNDS!
Why am I a loser
#50 Posted: 23:10:52 10/02/2018
OoC: I just posted a chapter of the original Avatar Mishap fanfic and am only now deciding to take notes by going through each page of each topic of the RP. I've made a ton of discoveries, including people I had completely forgotten were in it and things that I'd forgotten had happened. (And a picture of chibi Shadmé that Prex drew but I can't see anymore because the image hosting site she used deleted it, rip.) Man, there are so many plot issues, and the whole "people disappear for half the RP but come back" is making it difficult to plan a cohesive story, but I'm sure I'll figure it out, lol! smilie
Also, Darin, I found the answer! I rode on your back in the original when both my legs got broken, and I think Prex did too for a little bit. You broke a leg and a wing in the original, but it was healed by the ~magical~ fast-healingness of the area, haha. I forget how I got my legs un-broken, though. Time for more digging!

"Oh!" I exclaimed. "I don't blame you for being nervous or upset or anything, don't think that. I'm sure I'd be panicking if I was a boat, too." I scratched my head absentmindedly. "Uh...I can tell the others to move closer to the water so that we're all together? The lake appears to be connected to a river, so if we decide to walk anywhere, you could come along if we walked beside the river." I shrugged. "Only problem is that Darin- he's a griffon- broke a leg, so we probably aren't going anywhere for a while. Though maybe we could transport him to your, er, back if we do?" I snapped my fingers suddenly. "Wait. You know who I am. Who are you? Probably should've asked that earlier."
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me