Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Who is your favorite playable character in any of the games?
Page 1 of 1
Who is your favorite playable character in any of the games?
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1 Posted: 06:34:02 03/02/2018 | Topic Creator
Between every Spyro game, which is your favorite playable character. Classic, TLoS, it doesn't matter which. Whoever your favorite is. Spyro himself included of course. :-)

I can't really pick in the Classic games, so I will say Spyro! :-)

In TLoS, there are only two choices and that doesn't happen until Dawn of the Dragon. While playing with friends I usually played as Cynder, though, so I guess I could say that?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 06:56:44 03/02/2018
Spyro, Flame if he were an actual true character, and Hunter from A Hero's Tail as second.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#3 Posted: 09:44:08 03/02/2018
I really enjoy playing as Spyro in the original games, who doesn't want to play as a cool-looking fire breathing dragon, right? smilie

Playing as Hunter in A Hero's Tail was pretty neat, and it was the first time, and the only game where you can play as him, properly, not like in Spyro 3. Also, Hunter's design is the best in AHT in my opinion, he looks really weird in the PS1 era, when compared with AHT.

I enjoyed playing as Sheila, even though she moves a little fast, and when you do the double jump, she stops for a brief moment which is odd. But other than that, she's fun to control.

Sgt. Byrd is interesting because you can fly anywhere you want, don't know why this was such a big deal in Dawn of the Dragon considering this was done way before in Spyro 3, even though it's a different character, but at least you can go anywhere around the level, unlike DOTD where you always had some type of wind pushing you in a random direction. Only bad thing about Sgt. Byrd is that he floats, he doesn't really control precisely, which can be a little annoying if you're trying to avoid enemies.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#4 Posted: 14:10:32 15/02/2018
I definitely liked playing as Sgt. Byrd the most, and I wish he had more gameplay (I wish all the secondary characters in YotD had more gameplay, but especially Sgt. Byrd).
---
Boop me if you see this.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3779
#5 Posted: 15:30:36 15/02/2018
I loved playing as Hunter, Flame and Ember in A Hero's Tail. Hunter's level in the cave where you have to save Spyro is so fun. Sheila was also pretty fun in Year of the Dragon, but didn't really like most of the characters you could play as in that. My favourite though is getting to play as Cynder in Dawn of the Dragon.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#6 Posted: 09:50:11 16/02/2018
Sgt. Byrd was the most fun for me because I loved the unlimited flying.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
WAMBurt1984 Gold Sparx Gems: 2896
#7 Posted: 23:23:39 05/01/2019
Apart from Spyro and Sparx, I like Sheila and Agent 9 And St Byrd is good.
---
British, Geek, Playstation player, Spyro & Sparx fan (Duo not shipping) & Rachet & Clark/Crash/Xbox hater.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#8 Posted: 01:39:25 06/01/2019
Sheila and Sgt Byrd
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#9 Posted: 21:26:12 06/01/2019
Has to be Cynder haha
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#10 Posted: 23:46:26 09/01/2019
Spyro in Classic Spyro, Cynder in DotD.

Spyro is better for combat than Cynder from a speedrunning perspective but from a casual perspective, Cynder is better because her Shadow Strike is 100% safe at all times and makes enemies do your bidding. Wind is also fun to mess with.

Also she can get infinite air time using an exploit I discovered almost a decade ago, lol.

Might actually redo this in RPCS3 for better quality.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#11 Posted: 22:10:53 16/01/2019
No love for Blink? Poor Blink, no one likes him. ... not even me.

I actually like playing as Sheila. Maybe it's just because kangaroos are awesome and she has a nice simple gameplay to her, but I just find her a satisfying character. I really like her redesign. She now actually looks like an important character instead of just a generic cartoon kangaroo.
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3859
#12 Posted: 22:26:56 16/01/2019
Spyro obviously smilie
In YOTD, I liked playing as Sgt. Byrd. Hunter was cool to play as in AHT, but mostly because he's one of my favorite characters personality-wise.

In DOTD I mained Spyro.

In Skylanders, I also focused on using Spyro, but got some fun out of Drobot (SOO OP). It's hard to judge with Skylanders tho because old characters are basically nerfed with every new game. At least on hard mode that is.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me