Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > If you could change one thing about any Spyro game, what you change?
Page 1 of 1
If you could change one thing about any Spyro game, what you change?
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1 Posted: 20:57:07 30/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Pick any Spyro game, and think of one thing you would change about it. :-)

Spyro the Dragon - More female characters besides Zoe.

Spyro: Year of the Dragon - I would have made Bianca playable after you beat the game or something!~

Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly - Nothing, to me, it is perfect! ^_^

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - Take the Darth Vader reverb and Kanye West autotune off of Malefors voice. They butchered Mark Hamil's awesome evil voice.

As a bonus, for the Legend of Spyro in general, the same thing I said for Spyro the Dragon. Two female characters, a balanced cast does not make.

yaaaaaaay!~ ^_^
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 23:46:23 30/01/2018
Spyro 1: get rid of the god damn drift
spyro 2: A fourth homeworld
spyro 3: Dunno in general, maybe let me get to that island in midnight mountain ;-;, but um, make mushroom speedway work on my disc???
A hero's tail: MAKE FLAME AND EMBER MORE RELEVANT GEEZ
enter the dragonfly: the only thing that would make this game better would be erasing it from existence
TLoS: Uh, make it a spyro game??? Like the combat is so repetitive and the games are way too difficult at times, just let me charge and flame, cuz i really wanted to love these games, i tried recently but i just couldnt get past the first bit without rage quitting and getting bored of the lame combat, but that's just imo, like i think the idea is great, it just should have better combat
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:10 30/01/2018 by Lunarz
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#3 Posted: 01:31:17 31/01/2018
keep cree summer as cynder all three legend games
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#4 Posted: 09:05:41 31/01/2018
Spyro the Dragon - Better boss fights, especially Gnasty Gnorc.

Year of the Dragon - More full levels where you play as the other characters rather than each character having one level (two if you count Sgt. Byrd in Enchanted Towers) and a few challenge portals.

Season of Ice - Include the maps in the non-Japanese versions.

Enter the Dragonfly - More levels

A Hero's Tail - More levels for Hunter. I was expecting one in each world like the minigames.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#5 Posted: 15:44:22 31/01/2018
Spyro the Dragon

- Auto-save feature

- Would be nice to see a cutscene where Spyro meets Sparx for the first time, they could add a bit more back story for Spyro since the original opening cutscene is pretty short anyway.

- Fix Spyro's charge controls when he moves from left to right.

- Possibility of adding another world based around swimming, and being able to learn to swim, and even carry across other abilities from 2 & 3?

- Changing Spyro's voice actor to Tom Kenny.

- Add challenges so it breaks up the gameplay from collecting stuff all the time.

- Add skill points

- Ability to control the camera using the right analog stick.

- Improve boss battles, the only decent boss was Metalhead imo.

Spyro 2

- Add more levels in the final homeworld, and make you collect a lot more orbs to get to Ripto.

- Modenize the challenges, some feel a little dated.

- Keep the roll from Spyro 1.

Spyro 3

- Keep the roll from Spyro 1.

- Screen time between Spyro and the Sorceress.

- Make the Sorceress fight more interesting. It's very lackluster when compared to Ripto, especially the Super Bonus Round fight.

- Make the extra characters a lot more easier to control.

- Every level should have a different soundtrack (on the PAL version, Evening Lake plays the Sunrise Spring soundtrack, The Sorceress battle plays the Lost Fleet soundtrack [in both battles], and all the speedway levels play the Mushroom Speedway track)

- Modenize the challenges, some feel a little dated.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:03:48 01/02/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#6 Posted: 17:31:18 31/01/2018
Insomniac trilogy: re-releases to PSN should map camera controls to the right analogue stick. Oh, and put the double jump glitch into Spyro 3, please and thank you. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#7 Posted: 19:59:03 31/01/2018
@SuperSpyroFan I like that Spyro is voice by Carlos Alazraqui in the first game because he's supposed to be young and it's like his quest to adulthood, that's always how I saw it.
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#8 Posted: 20:19:30 31/01/2018
Quote: HIR
Insomniac trilogy: re-releases to PSN should map camera controls to the right analogue stick. Oh, and put the double jump glitch into Spyro 3, please and thank you. XP

They definitely won't use the double jump glitch, I heard in a co-commentary on one of Tealgamemaster's YouTube videos, he was with Mike Stout, an Insomniac developer, and he said that Spyro 2 wouldn't have shipped if they found out about the double jump when it was in development, and that's why it's not in Spyro 3.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:49 31/01/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 20:37:20 31/01/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: HIR

They definitely won't use the double jump glitch, I heard in a co-commentary on one of Tealgamemaster's YouTube videos, he was with Mike Stout, an Insomniac developer, and he said that Spyro 2 wouldn't have shipped if they found out about the double jump when it was in development, and that's why it's not in Spyro 3.

I know. I was being silly with that one. It's just, literally the whole Ripto's Rage speedrunning community formed around that glitch. And even if you're not a runner, using it to go out of bounds is pretty great. I mean, Insomniac has a pretty (unintentionally) amazing history of players being able to go super far out of bounds in their games. Heck, even Ratchet & Clank 2016 had a lot out of out of bounds areas be given solid surfaces, so they could unintentionally be explored. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 22:29:00 01/02/2018
All in modernized graphics for Nintendo Switch.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#11 Posted: 03:58:24 17/02/2018
  • More female characters in general
  • Free flight for all
  • Origin of Spyro's parents
  • Make all the LOS games more open and not so linear
  • Scrap DotD altogether and have Krome make The Darkest Hour. IDK what it would be like but it CAN'T be as bad as DotD.
  • Put the Spring world in Ripto's Rage
  • Play as Hunter and Sparx more in the Classics
  • Play as Bianca and Elora.
  • Work Spyro and Sparx becoming friends into the story of the classics
  • More character development for all characters as well as more interaction between all characters in all the games, especially for the villains. For example, WHY does Ripto hate dragons? Also flesh out the tensions between the dragons and the Gnorcs.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:02:31 17/02/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#12 Posted: 00:28:42 20/02/2018
•Spyro 1: Nothing, I genuinely wouldn't change a thing
•Spyro 2: Expand Dragon Shores more, let there be more to do, a beach to explore, make it a fully fledged level more similar in size to a homeward than a sub level
•Spyro 3: Complete it. Have whatever mini boss is missing in Dino Mines, add in that missing room at the beginning of Midday Gardens, access the island in Midnight Mountain, have there be more than one Super Bonus World (why would there be a section saying 'worlds' in the atlas for there only to be one)
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#13 Posted: 09:12:56 20/02/2018
Quote: Spyrobaby
•Spyro 2: Expand Dragon Shores more, let there be more to do, a beach to explore, make it a fully fledged level more similar in size to a homeward than a sub level
•Spyro 3: Complete it. Have whatever mini boss is missing in Dino Mines, add in that missing room at the beginning of Midday Gardens, access the island in Midnight Mountain, have there be more than one Super Bonus World (why would there be a section saying 'worlds' in the atlas for there only to be one)

So you wouldn't want an auto-save feature in Spyro 1? Like in 2 and 3?
---
#14 Posted: 23:32:09 20/02/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Spyrobaby

So you wouldn't want an auto-save feature in Spyro 1? Like in 2 and 3?

Do you know what I forgot that was a thing. In that case, yes, that is the one thing I would change smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#15 Posted: 00:19:33 21/02/2018
After the beat the game, you get free flight for the entire game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 00:49:32 21/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
After the beat the game, you get free flight for the entire game.

Ooh I'd like that! Although in the first game, aren't the levels a bit small to really utilise it? Unless of course in a remaster or remake they were to expand the levels seeing as a lot of them look like there could be a lot more, and free flight would be a way to explore more of the levels. It would be a lot of work, but I'd love that smilie
---
#17 Posted: 01:30:22 01/03/2018
Improve the boss battles in Spyro 1 and make a spring home in Spyro 2.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:45 01/03/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#18 Posted: 10:10:40 01/03/2018
I've never been able to say this of any other game but there's literally nothing I can think of that's in need of change. Anything I'd want is really just for me, like more mobs with greater challenge (reaction, movement and projectile speed, greater spread with weapons), or bosses in the first game having more involvement with each phase including Gnasty Gnorc. Even then I'd only see that as a positive if that was a difficulty setting; I like being able to shut off my brain while I play these games.
#19 Posted: 12:51:44 01/03/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
Improve the boss battles in Spyro 1 and make a spring home in Spyro 2.

And make the races less boring in Spyro 3! They need to be faster and have the opponents be more of an active opposition as opposed to just flying in a line that you have to gradually pass with no real challenge other than just flying and waiting.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me