Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > I just found out what Peru uses Guinea Pigs for
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I just found out what Peru uses Guinea Pigs for
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 05:05:02 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
cries
Why are people so cruel :"( even the shamans!
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 05:11:27 20/01/2018
Oh my.... thats ugh, quite grotesque...
#3 Posted: 05:16:10 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bryman04
Oh my.... thats ugh, quite grotesque...

Even when they arent using them for, well you know, the shamans are abusive to their piggies by holding them incorrectly and using them to do some kind of spiritual massage by using the Guinea Pig to scratch various parts while holding them incorrectly.
I saw one of the massaging sessions, and it made me feel really bad cuz it looked like torture.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#4 Posted: 06:05:49 20/01/2018
Idk how to tell you this, but Guinea Pigs as food in South America isn't a new thing. Like you're talking about South America where most of their food sources are fruit and rodents (unless in like a technologically advanced city).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#5 Posted: 06:37:12 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Trix Master 100
Idk how to tell you this, but Guinea Pigs as food in South America isn't a new thing. Like you're talking about South America where most of their food sources are fruit and rodents (unless in like a technologically advanced city).

It's still very sad
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#6 Posted: 08:50:41 20/01/2018
What type of rock were you living under?
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#7 Posted: 09:23:48 20/01/2018
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
What type of rock were you living under?

Uhhhhh maybe this one.

[User Posted Image]
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#8 Posted: 13:11:19 20/01/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX

It's still very sad

****ers deserve it

They happily eat their own young for christ sake!
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#9 Posted: 19:14:26 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

It's still very sad

****ers deserve it

All rodents do that if there is a shortage of food

So you're just making excuses
(Do note I am very emotionally attached to guinea pigs because they were the main pets I had growing up)
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#10 Posted: 19:36:13 20/01/2018
Ummmm, why are mods picking on KrystalLBX? She is obviously very fond of/attached to guinea pigs. She is upset after watching some cruel things relating to them, and just trying to express it.

Myself included (though I am an animal lover in general) there are a lot of cat lovers here. Just try to remember how you feel when you see something terrible involving a cat, a dog, or whatever your favorite animal is. It hurts, and you want to talk about it.

KrystalLBX: People are stupid, some of these things have been passed down with tradition, and these people view these things differently than we do. It is no excuse to be abusive, though. I feel bad for the guinea pigs.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#11 Posted: 19:39:49 20/01/2018

It's still very sad

****ers deserve it

I get the hunch that you're just joking. But in case you're not, that outlook is akin to saying that a human family getting brutally killed and eaten by wolves/bears/etc was deserved, simply because some humans do atrocious things to their own kind.

Also, when there's a shortage of food, like Krystal said, eating the young is like mercy killing. The babies are very likely to starve to death during famine, since the mother hardly has enough to sustain herself let alone produce milk for her young. Dogs and other animals do the same thing with the runt of the litter; the runt is likely to die and starve anyway by getting pushed around by their siblings. Plus, it's better for the species in the long run if they give up on a litter during a time when nurturing them would likely go to waste, and have another when there's more abundant food, and a greater likelihood of them successfully reaching adulthood and being able to reproduce. If an animal is too altruistic, and gets themselves killed by trying to protect another animal that's likely to die anyway, they aren't likely to reproduce. It's harsh and unfair, but nature sucks like that.
#12 Posted: 20:39:29 20/01/2018
"idk how to tell you this" = sarcasm. Sarcasm is rude, especially when you're touching on a sensitive topic with someone.

"What type of rock were you living under?" Need I explain that? How is that by any means not going to be insulting to her when she is clearly upset. Especially bad, considering it was from Spyro Fanatic.

lmao all you want, but they were being rude. I consider that picking on. Not just them, though. I forgot to mention king pen.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#13 Posted: 20:42:52 20/01/2018
chris pratt eats his farm animals and posts the body parts on social media
#14 Posted: 21:35:44 20/01/2018

It's still very sad

****ers deserve it

(Do note I am very emotionally attached to guinea pigs because they were the main pets I had growing up)

Not just on a shortage of food, some just do it because they are stressed

understood, but still, nature is nature
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#15 Posted: 22:15:15 20/01/2018
Quote: BlackNight12
Ummmm, why are mods picking on KrystalLBX? She is obviously very fond of/attached to guinea pigs. She is upset after watching some cruel things relating to them, and just trying to express it.

Myself included (though I am an animal lover in general) there are a lot of cat lovers here. Just try to remember how you feel when you see something terrible involving a cat, a dog, or whatever your favorite animal is. It hurts, and you want to talk about it.

KrystalLBX: People are stupid, some of these things have been passed down with tradition, and these people view these things differently than we do. It is no excuse to be abusive, though. I feel bad for the guinea pigs.

I wasn't picking on her. I was just putting out the information she found wasn't new.

Like I understand being fond of an animal and figuring it out to be a food source today kind of sucks (I mean in Korea they cook dogs/ have dish made out of dog). But that's survival in a different continent.

Okay you just called a bunch of people that don't live in the cities and live off the land that probably don't have a lot of livestock with them "stupid" for eating guinea pigs when those rodents breed like a madman. Especially since it's kind of part of their culture and they live in a different country than ours so different laws and etc. I'd hate to see what you think about the people in Africa that live off the land.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#16 Posted: 22:25:49 20/01/2018

why do you like to assume things? lately you've been jumping who don't agree with you, and sometimes you seem to assume the worst and honestly? im sick of it.

nobody here was picking on windumup/Krystal. simply, they were trying to tell her that it's not new information. While I argue that the delivery could have been better from some people, my point still stands.

i dont think it's appropriate to white knight for people when its obviously not necessary.

when it comes to the guinea pigs, you have to understand that people from all around the world eat animals that Americans/Europeans might find weird. they aren't stupid for doing so, they're culture is more accepting towards it than ours is. while you don't have to like or respect that tradition, you shouldn't come in and tell people that they're stupid/they're culture is stupid for it.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:55 20/01/2018 by parisruelz12
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#17 Posted: 22:26:08 20/01/2018
I hadn't heard about this before, but I'm honestly not surprised. Different cultures do different things and it's not unusual for other people in other countries to eat animals we might normally we treat as pets, or generally eat things we just find weird. Can't condemn them for just following their culture.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#18 Posted: 22:29:13 20/01/2018
I knew people ate Guinea Pigs because of the inspirational and magnificent movie G-Force 8)
---
Gay 4 GARcher
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#19 Posted: 22:31:52 20/01/2018

****ers deserve it

Not just on a shortage of food, some just do it because they are stressed

understood, but still, nature is nature

some eat the smaller pups because they deem them weaker.
survival of the fittest.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#20 Posted: 23:13:25 20/01/2018
The previous civilizations around Peru pretty much lived off of corn, potato and llama. Back then you did have to get all the meat you could, even if it's your furry pet, in lower classes. Just like some other questionable habits, these traditions stayed since people are just used to it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#21 Posted: 00:01:54 21/01/2018
I knew a guy from Vietnam and he told me dogs taste good
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:05:43 21/01/2018 by AestheticDragon
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#22 Posted: 02:22:22 21/01/2018
Quote: DragonCamo
I knew people ate Guinea Pigs because of the inspirational and magnificent movie G-Force 8)

...what?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#23 Posted: 04:12:15 21/01/2018
yeah well peru also gave us peruvian flute bands
#24 Posted: 05:26:16 21/01/2018
Quote: StormDragon21

...what?

[User Posted Image]
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#25 Posted: 05:58:26 21/01/2018
I somehow managed to repress most of that movie.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12096
#26 Posted: 07:56:18 21/01/2018
"idk how to tell you this" = sarcasm. Sarcasm is rude, especially when you're touching on a sensitive topic with someone.

"What type of rock were you living under?" Need I explain that? How is that by any means not going to be insulting to her when she is clearly upset. Especially bad, considering it was from Spyro Fanatic.

lmao all you want, but they were being rude. I consider that picking on. Not just them, though. I forgot to mention king pen.

What's that supposed to mean? Because I'm "Spyro Fanatic" I'm expected to act in a virtuous way at all times and you're more lenient on the behavior of other mods?

I've seen other mods talk to users far worse than my rock quote, but I suppose that's alright for them since they're not "Spyro Fanatic."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:56:38 21/01/2018 by Spyro Fanatic
#27 Posted: 09:57:40 21/01/2018

What's that supposed to mean? Because I'm "Spyro Fanatic" I'm expected to act in a virtuous way at all times and you're more lenient on the behavior of other mods?

I've seen other mods talk to users far worse than my rock quote, but I suppose that's alright for them since they're not "Spyro Fanatic."

I'm very guilty of talking to users very poorly, I will admit that. Sometimes my anger and salt gets the better of me.
---
icon from Empoh
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#28 Posted: 12:54:49 21/01/2018

...what?

[User Posted Image]

Yes, but why?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#29 Posted: 18:59:47 21/01/2018

I wasn't picking on her. I was just putting out the information she found wasn't new.

Like I understand being fond of an animal and figuring it out to be a food source today kind of sucks (I mean in Korea they cook dogs/ have dish made out of dog). But that's survival in a different continent.

Okay you just called a bunch of people that don't live in the cities and live off the land that probably don't have a lot of livestock with them "stupid" for eating guinea pigs when those rodents breed like a madman. Especially since it's kind of part of their culture and they live in a different country than ours so different laws and etc. I'd hate to see what you think about the people in Africa that live off the land.

Nope. Didn't directly call those people stupid. I said people in general. I even defended them. Read it again. I said it was passed down with their culture, and they don't view it like we do.

I want to debunk right now, because it seems like there is a misconception that I am a crazy animal lover or something? I'm okay with this sort of thing in other countries, because that is the way these people live. There are animals I will not eat, but I would never comdemn someone for doing something that is a part of their culture.

She said it was "abusive." If they were beating the animals for no reason, that is different than eating them?

Quote: parisruelz12

why do you like to assume things? lately you've been jumping who don't agree with you, and sometimes you seem to assume the worst and honestly? im sick of it.

nobody here was picking on windumup/Krystal. simply, they were trying to tell her that it's not new information. While I argue that the delivery could have been better from some people, my point still stands.

i dont think it's appropriate to white knight for people when its obviously not necessary.

when it comes to the guinea pigs, you have to understand that people from all around the world eat animals that Americans/Europeans might find weird. they aren't stupid for doing so, they're culture is more accepting towards it than ours is. while you don't have to like or respect that tradition, you shouldn't come in and tell people that they're stupid/they're culture is stupid for it.

See above for the last part.

Qoute some times that I "assumed" things. I'll know better. The people who don't agree with me part is nonsense, though. This is S&N, and pretty much nothing I say here should be taken seriously. I disagree with people for fun on this board, like everyone does.

I don't understand this at all, really. Over my head. If people don't understand my humor, than fine, but for someone pointing the finger at me for assuming, you don't seem innocent yourself.

Alydol.
---
#30 Posted: 19:04:12 21/01/2018

...what?

[User Posted Image]

Yes, but why?

The 3rd act when whatever the main guy is basically saying they were all trash, he says that whatever the female pig is, that he saved her at like a south american food stand that they were planning to cook her
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#31 Posted: 19:13:23 21/01/2018
In addition to my last post.

I didn't know I managed to become such an annoying user. I'm simply joking, if you want to talk to me seriously, let us try outside of S&N.

The mods who are jumping at me, I actually like you guys. I was just pointing out that is was a little rude, and I felt you were "picking on" her. Alydol made all those insensitive cat jokes, and the guinea pig jokes were poorly timed with what Krystal was saying about thinking about her guinea pigs.

Paris is "sick of me," but I like pretty much everyone here. I can't think of anyone I dislike, you are all smart and funny people.

and honestly, I'm not taking this all too seriously, so it hasn't affected those thoughts, really. If it was out of place to say I thought you were picking on her, sorry. You guys are good mods, though. better than other sites I've been on, lol.
---
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#32 Posted: 19:17:45 21/01/2018
I don't think anyone here particularly likes each other TBH. In our own ways, I think most of us probably feel like we're hated here. Probably because we just like arguments and drama, and it comes off seeming like we hate [particular user].
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#33 Posted: 19:44:04 21/01/2018
^Hey now. Like I said, I don't hate anyone. I think I do like just about everyone here. You included Ambush. I think you're pretty funny.

idk, you guys make me laugh, and tolerate my sense of humor when I post here. It's like a dysfunctional family, but a family-kinda-thing?

I kind of regret some of the things in my last two posts. I am off to make ammends.
---
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#34 Posted: 19:51:11 21/01/2018
I'm not saying anyone here hates anyone, but whenever someone starts drama or an argument, it always seems that way. Whether or not that hate is intentional or just mindless arguing, I don't know. What I do know is that drama has become quite tiring at this point.

Argh. Hate talking about this, it's really confusing. Or maybe that's just because it's 8PM and I should probably be going to sleep now. IDC.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#35 Posted: 20:16:20 21/01/2018
Whoops, I didn't mean to put hate! O_O

I don't know, from point of view, the users here have always been pretty sensitive. It isn't bad to me, it can just lead to things seeming bigger than they actually are.

What I do know, is that I think everyone should walk away from this topic feeling good about themselves. I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. This is stuff & nonsense, and I treat it that way 100%.

You're good people. Look at some other big forums and you'll feel good about this community. dark52 attracted some really interesting individuals.
---
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#36 Posted: 21:18:54 21/01/2018
Quote: AmbushFan
I don't think anyone here particularly likes each other TBH. In our own ways, I think most of us probably feel like we're hated here. Probably because we just like arguments and drama, and it comes off seeming like we hate [particular user].

you're projecting really hard here. a lot of us have made friendships here that have lasted for years.
#37 Posted: 00:55:41 22/01/2018

Nope. Didn't directly call those people stupid. I said people in general. I even defended them. Read it again. I said it was passed down with their culture, and they don't view it like we do.

I want to debunk right now, because it seems like there is a misconception that I am a crazy animal lover or something? I'm okay with this sort of thing in other countries, because that is the way these people live. There are animals I will not eat, but I would never comdemn someone for doing something that is a part of their culture.

She said it was "abusive." If they were beating the animals for no reason, that is different than eating them?

You still vaguely called people stupid over some traditions and such in other countries where they don't have the same laws and education as us, so yeah. Still a dick move imo. Like I agree that some things in other countries are not okay, but I am not really gonna call a vague group of people "stupid" over it and jump on everyone's back for disagreeing/saying it's not new information, when considering how things work in their country is common knowledge and probably taught in cartoons, schools, or in books for kids. Quite a contradiction to your post really. Or at least what you seemed to imply at first. You should probably choose your wording a lot better than me, considering how this went.

"Abusive" well to be fair Krystal was being extra vague about the information she read/saw. Like maybe it was person catching their food for the day and had a hard time holding the wild guinea pig. Or had a holding technique that prevented them from getting scratched. Maybe I am missing some information myself on other things they do to guinea pigs, but still.

Either way I feel like you too pouncy when you type. I know it's a pot calling kettle black at this point, but you do really seem to pounce on anyone either is just saying "not big news really" or other small things that are actually not really harmful with a very assumptive paragraph.
---
icon from Empoh
#38 Posted: 01:03:25 22/01/2018
^ ok?

again, I didn't vaguely call them stupid, I even defended them somewhat. I meant people in general, and not because of those actions. I was trying to make her feel better, because she was obviously being offended by some of the posts.

Pouncing? Provide quotes, and I will not pounce. This is S&N, I am usually joking and being sarcastic, so it is probably a misunderstanding.

I stand by the rudeness comments, but I could have worded some things better this time around, as I was being serious, so I will give you that.
---
#39 Posted: 01:07:18 22/01/2018
^ ok?

again, I didn't vaguely call them stupid, I even defended them somewhat. I meant people in general, and not because of those actions. I was trying to make her feel better, because she was obviously being offended by some of the posts.

Pouncing? Provide quotes, and I will not pounce. This is S&N, I am usually joking and being sarcastic, so it is probably a misunderstanding.

I stand by the rudeness comments, but I could have worded some things better this time around, as I was being serious, so I will give you that.

But the problem is that, as worded by Mmorris, "Being Offended doesn't make you the good guy."(In fact, I think he used it against this same user.) The thing we are saying is that people will do what they can to survive. I don't throw **** at people for eating Shark Fin Soup, even though Sharks are my favorite animal
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#40 Posted: 01:11:00 22/01/2018
When did I throw ****? I didn't call those people stupid? Krystal obviously wasn't the bad guy, though. When you say something rude to someone, you should apologize.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand your post.
---
#41 Posted: 01:14:04 22/01/2018
When did I throw ****? I didn't call those people stupid? Krystal obviously wasn't the bad guy, though. When you say something rude to someone, you should apologize.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't understand your post.

1:When did I say you throw ****, I was talking about Windumump saying that people are cruel for *gasp* EATING MEAT!!!!!

2:Not saying she was the bad guy, we were just trying to explain to her that people have to survive in many different ways, and I never reallly said anything rude
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#42 Posted: 01:21:11 22/01/2018
^ ok?

But the problem is that, as worded by Mmorris, "Being Offended doesn't make you the good guy."(In fact, I think he used it against this same user.) The thing we are saying is that people will do what they can to survive. I don't throw **** at people for eating Shark Fin Soup, even though Sharks are my favorite animal

The way you worded it, with the rest of the paragraph came off like you were still talking to me. I don't think Krystal was doing that either, though.

you said "****ers deserve it". Which was actually worse than the mods. You called an animal that she loves and was trying to express that love a ****er.

That is rude.

By the way, Tiger Shark babies devour each other inside their mothers stomach, no exceptions. Tiger sharks are one of my favorite sharks, and you said you like sharks, so that comment begs the question if sharks should be abused and they deserve it?

Again, I'm not angry as I type this, you seem like a good user overall.
---
#43 Posted: 01:25:55 22/01/2018
^ ok?

The way you worded it, with the rest of the paragraph came off like you were still talking to me. I don't think Krystal was doing that either, though.

you said "****ers deserve it". Which was actually worse than the mods. You called an animal that she loves and was trying to express that love a ****er.

That is rude.

By the way, Tiger Shark babies devour each other inside their mothers stomach, no exceptions. Tiger sharks are one of my favorite sharks, and you said you like sharks, so that comment begs the question if sharks should be abused and they deserve it?

Again, I'm not angry as I type this, you seem like a good user overall.

If I'm gonna be honest(And this is not just me defending myself) It was a joke I made because of the fact Guinea Pigs eat their own young
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#44 Posted: 01:37:51 22/01/2018
can we all just hold hands, pet guinea pigs and sing kumbaya ;-;

tbh i volunteered at a pet place and either a guinea pig or hamster gave birth and nobody had any idea it was gonna happen and we had to find the tiny babies in the shavings and separate them so they didnt get eaten
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#45 Posted: 01:38:18 22/01/2018
Alright, fair enough, I am sarcastic/joking most of the time when I post on S&N.

It was a badly timed joke though, because she was actually upset. I don't think she needed/wanted to hear that cursing bit.
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#46 Posted: 01:40:09 22/01/2018
Alright, fair enough, I am sarcastic/joking most of the time when I post on S&N.

It was a badly timed joke though, because she was actually upset. I don't think she needed/wanted to hear that cursing bit.

same
smilie

-
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:26 22/01/2018 by Lunarz
#47 Posted: 03:33:02 22/01/2018
^ ok?

I have a good question for you on the bolded front. Do I really have to provide quotes. It's like every other thread in SnN honestly.
---
icon from Empoh
#48 Posted: 03:41:58 22/01/2018
What have you been reading? I said I'm mostly joking? I thought sarcasm was oxygen here in S&N. It sure used to be.

Give me at least one quote. *I'm being serious, I just want to know what people have been thinking of my posts, apparently?*
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me