Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Ten Reasons Why Girls and Panzer is Funny
Page 1 of 1
Ten Reasons Why Girls and Panzer is Funny
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 20:24:49 18/01/2018 | Topic Creator
  1. Tanks are normally associated with exaggeration. When you see someone driving a tank (mainly someone that normally doesn't), you think that's funny because it's very exaggerated.
  2. Cartoons are generally associated with comedy. Animes are cartoons, so it's easy to make that association from the get-go.
  3. It's about girls who are; on a debatable nature, beautiful. When you see a beautiful person,
  4. you tend to get red and start laughing, which is also a common reaction to something funny.
    So yeah, the connection of getting shy and chuckling because of a beautiful girl and laughing because of something funny is easy to see.
  5. It's common for people and events of World War II to be parodied on films, cartoons, games and other media, so it's easy to see comedic material in the subject.
  6. By making important figures of the war be replaced with cute girls, the writers have an opportunity to play with some silly and comedic twists, that both subvert war movie tropes and anime tropes.
  7. Going back to the first point, making cute anime girls drive tanks is rather comedic, because those girls look kind and sweet, but they are driving dangerous and destructive vehicles of death.
  8. Its something easy to meme about, and, well, memes are supposed to be funny, so, if it's all going right, you should find it funny too.
  9. Not sure if any of you noticed, but an army marching for a battle can be a rather funny situation, depending on how it's done. The music, camera work and character expression needs to help the comedy, and I assume that's what the writers intend to do.
  10. Again, it's about cute little girls, those normally aren't soldiers, or generals, or have any involvement at war. It's a funny concept by itself.
  11. It's just funny, it's the funniest.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:26:45 18/01/2018 by Crash10
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 20:38:14 18/01/2018
Wait a ****en second..... did you and ambushfan trade accounts?!
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#3 Posted: 00:44:40 19/01/2018
Quote: Crash10
When you see a beautiful person, you tend to get red and start laughing

I'm pretty sure this is an anime-ism and never actually happens in real life. Like getting nosebleeds when you're horny or falling on your face when you're shocked by what someone said.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#4 Posted: 00:58:31 19/01/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: Crash10
When you see a beautiful person, you tend to get red and start laughing

I'm pretty sure this is an anime-ism and never actually happens in real life. Like getting nosebleeds when you're horny or falling on your face when you're shocked by what someone said.

Nop. That's legit real life, it happens ALL the time. Like when your nervous and you have a single giant sweat bead on the side of your face. Real Life. Or when your shocked and you eyes turn into giant round empty white perfect circles. It's all Real Life.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#5 Posted: 02:51:03 19/01/2018
This post is ****. Girls und Panzer is NOT funny, it's only ruining the world by bringing down the roles of tanks among other thing. Tanks are funny? I wouldn't say that if I were fighting at Kursk. They are designed for killing.

Don't even talk about Girls und Panzer memes. I saw a NAVY Seals one once and it was terrible. Thanfully there are not many Girls und Panzer memes, I hate them. They make an already overcomedic anime even more comical and that is not good given the subject matter.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me