Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > The Internet is like an insane asylum
Page 1 of 1
The Internet is like an insane asylum
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 11:13:36 12/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Many people on the Internet would love to go back to a time when people with mental illnesses were locked up in insane asylums or displayed in freak shows prior to psychiatrists theorizing and coining terms. I'm talking about mental illness in general, whether you're born with one or got one over time like PTSD, autism, schizophrenia or Alzheimer's Disease.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 11:17:29 12/01/2018
I mean, yeah, many people with problems get to hse the internet and get away scot-free with horrible things, or more functional people get more opportunities to get stressed real quick. But that needs treatment, not incarceration(that's an english word right?).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#3 Posted: 00:00:02 13/01/2018
I do agree that darkSpyro is full of crazies, yes.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 00:15:07 13/01/2018
yeah pretty much
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#5 Posted: 04:47:19 13/01/2018
I honestly have no freaking idea what you just implied? Please clarify, I am not sure if I should be very, very offended or not.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#6 Posted: 09:50:25 13/01/2018
It's an insane asylum because you're in it.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#7 Posted: 10:28:05 13/01/2018
>People would love to go back to the time of insane asylums

>Me seeing a lot of people that actually help and want to help people be stable, but requires cooperation and follow up

>Also I am a person of a mental illness and I don't act a complete lunatic thanks to finding good people to learn from and understand things better.

I don't understand what you are saying tbh. Like I want to see some people really improve and really be generally nice people, but some people really don't cooperate no matter what approach you go about it. Which kind of upsets me really, but I understand that's how people work.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#8 Posted: 11:27:37 13/01/2018 | Topic Creator
People on the internet compare anything terrible to autism like ones saying Mighty No. is making autistic screams for being a failure or using words like Triggered as an insult when trigger a serious problem for people with PTSD.

I know not everyone thinks this but I can't say those who do are in the minority anymore thanks to bigots getting mainstream attention.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#9 Posted: 11:47:52 13/01/2018
On the Mighty No. 9, I legitimately never heard anyone use "Autistic screams" for it when describing a bad game. Triggered on the other hand I know is an issue, because of that and more.

I just personally don't see how those connect with people "thinking/saying" locking people with a mental illness up though? I see it more like people need to read a dictionary and use better words.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#10 Posted: 19:45:57 13/01/2018
I think the reason "triggered" is used as a joke is because of how it became stereotyped as overused among SJWs.
---
#11 Posted: 20:05:39 13/01/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
A lot of people don't even use it properly. Like, what exactly has been triggered? Anger, sadness, etc.?

I think triggered should always refer to PTSD, like the "shell shock" kind. When hearing or seeing a particularly thing will always remind you of bad memories - that kind of thing. The kind that is irreversible and uncontrollable.

Meanwhile, nowadays, "triggered" is so normalized that it can be said whenever there's something someone doesn't disagree with. Like we're completely disregarding people who have been in wars and seen things that really can't be unseen and will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

That's how I remember first hearing about "being triggered", and that is how I believe it should be used. For people who have gone through Hell and will never forget what happened.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#12 Posted: 21:18:28 13/01/2018
the word "triggered" has become such a joke that whenever i hear it being used in an un-ironic sense, as in my college professor wanting people to write down what "triggeres" them, i can't help but roll my eyes and huff.

there are legit "triggers" like seeing a war movie might give a WW2 veteran flashbacks of being in WW2, and then there are people who abuse it. Hearing the word "trump" isnt going to make you angry, honey. getting offended is a choice, made by YOU. YOU choose to get angry to the point where you feel inclined to break public property.

just my two cents lol~
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#13 Posted: 21:42:31 13/01/2018
"Got one over time like Autism"

You cannot get autism, you are born with it.
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#14 Posted: 21:43:26 13/01/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX

When I heard the phrase "autism is curable"

I cringed so hard, I lost all of my blood, and the magically regained it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#15 Posted: 21:48:12 13/01/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Quote: KrystalLBX

When I heard the phrase "autism is curable"

I cringed so hard, I lost all of my blood, and the magically regained it

When I heard the phrase "autism is curable", every electron in my body simultaneously became autistic.
---
#16 Posted: 22:19:15 13/01/2018
believe in god and all of your problems will magically disappear :D

If being religious means I can go to Heaven and have a gangbang with Mako, Nekota, and Carpaccio, I'm totally down for that.

Amen.
---
Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
#17 Posted: 22:27:12 13/01/2018
believe in god and all of your problems will magically disappear smilie

when i was young i was told to believe in god, and then all of my problems magically appeared smilie
#18 Posted: 22:29:23 13/01/2018
Quote: Crystal Dragon
believe in god and all of your problems will magically disappear :D

when i was young i was told to believe in god, and then all of my problems magically appeared :D

Then you are not believing hard enough, brother.
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#19 Posted: 22:54:23 13/01/2018
It appears he's mentally challenged
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#20 Posted: 23:11:55 13/01/2018
Quote: AmbushFan
A lot of people don't even use it properly. Like, what exactly has been triggered? Anger, sadness, etc.?

I think triggered should always refer to PTSD, like the "shell shock" kind. When hearing or seeing a particularly thing will always remind you of bad memories - that kind of thing. The kind that is irreversible and uncontrollable.

Meanwhile, nowadays, "triggered" is so normalized that it can be said whenever there's something someone doesn't disagree with. Like we're completely disregarding people who have been in wars and seen things that really can't be unseen and will haunt them for the rest of their lives.

That's how I remember first hearing about "being triggered", and that is how I believe it should be used. For people who have gone through Hell and will never forget what happened.

Many other mental illnesses have triggers also, like anxiety and ocd. Seeing sjws and anti-sjws alike using the term "triggered" as a joke or for simple things they disagree with really takes away from how serious a term it is for mental illness.
#21 Posted: 23:20:30 13/01/2018
Anxiety and OCD I can also understand, it's just that I more commonly associate it with PTSD. Either way, it's quite serious, and shouldn't be talked about so lightly. I'm sure these SJWs wouldn't like to know what it is really like to have PTSD, anxiety, etc..
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#22 Posted: 09:34:24 14/01/2018
So, instead of using "triggered", I can use "salty"? Doesn't seem to be ofensive, unless someone has a trauma regarding salt or something.
---
Bruh
#23 Posted: 09:36:38 14/01/2018
Salty is a far better word for those situations, yes, IMO.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me