Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Legit Pie VS. Net Neutrality, broadband speeds, and common sense.
Page 1 of 1
Legit Pie VS. Net Neutrality, broadband speeds, and common sense.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1 Posted: 06:45:28 09/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Since the other topic has died off, I decided to create this for the latest updates on Legit Pie's rampage against Net Neutrality.

He apparently can't show his face in public anymore, because of many death threats, which is too much, but it is happening.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/...s-death-threats

According to the recent news, killing NN is not quite enough for Legit Pie, because he firmly believes that our internet access speeds are waaaaaaaaay too damn fast...

https://www.extremetech.com/in...ndards-way-fast

On a slightly happier note, the Senate CRA vote to overturn Legit Apple-Pie's new ruling has been approved and is guaranteed to happen. Not saying that we definitely will win both the house and senate, but at least the ball is rolling for turning Net Neutrality into an actual law, and not just a rule.

http://tumblr.fightforthefutur...erturn-the-fccs

Thoughts, complaints, rants, memes, and unecessary jokes about the FCC, please commence! XD
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 12:55:20 09/01/2018
Too fast? **** that noise, we lag behind a number of other nations in the broadband speed department. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 13:09:25 09/01/2018
He thinks it's too fast

"Hey guys, let's throw some legit pies at the wall"
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 14:58:45 09/01/2018
balgeet pie thinks its too fast
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#5 Posted: 22:34:31 09/01/2018
If it's not as fast as sonic, it's to slow
#6 Posted: 05:49:50 10/01/2018 | Topic Creator
I legitimately think that he is delusional. I do not know where you get off thinking that our internet is somehow "too fast."

For instance, in Japan, you pay $25 for an equivalent U.S. plan that is going to cost you nearly $75 a month.

In fact...

Here is an imformative chart, comparing broadband speeds across the globe...

https://www.fastmetrics.com/in...-by-country.php

Did anyone see his lightsaber video yet? It's old now...

---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#7 Posted: 17:50:42 10/01/2018
i cant believe balgeet motu patlu ajit pajit purple pieman thinks the harlem shake is still cool
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#8 Posted: 20:10:47 10/01/2018
ajit pai needs to legit die
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#9 Posted: 20:33:21 10/01/2018
These are 7 things you can do. That’s it.

“Plans to restore internet freedom”
---
Soon.
#10 Posted: 21:53:38 10/01/2018
balgeet motu patlu ajit pajit purple pieman should go back to working tech support
#11 Posted: 05:58:31 11/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
I don't have more to say except thanks. I haven't just bumped into this and I don't go looking for it or have more to say because I'm just tired of life.

You're welcome! I didn't mean to make you tired of life, though, because that's messed up. :-(

Quote: ZapNorris
i cant believe balgeet motu patlu ajit pajit purple pieman thinks the harlem shake is still cool

Legit Pie thinks that 70s Disco, moon shoes, windows 95, yo-yos, and space bags are still cool.

Quote: Chompy-King257
ajit pai needs to legit die

Well, apparently you're not the only one who's said that, because death threats are the reason that he cancelled his CES appearance.

Quote: emeraldzoroark
These are 7 things you can do. That’s it.

“Plans to restore internet freedom”

That is supposed to be congress' job now. At least the vote is coming to the floor now.

balgeet motu patlu ajit pajit purple pieman should go back to working tech support

But then he would make life miserable for everyone who needs technical support. He would take away Technical Support Neutrality, and throttle tech support speeds, and cause customer service reps to buffer for long periods of time.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:59:18 11/01/2018 by BlackNight12
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#12 Posted: 06:04:27 11/01/2018
Quote: BlackNight12

But then he would make life miserable for everyone who needs technical support. He would take away Technical Support Neutrality, and throttle tech support speeds, and cause customer service reps to buffer for long periods of time.

Doesn't that already happen?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
BorisTheParrot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#13 Posted: 06:11:59 11/01/2018
He barley overtaken LeafyIsHere in my list of most Cringeworthy and Painful to watch videos of 2017. There is something very off-putting and cynical about someone who is trying to take away something people love to use daily, and then make a video showcasing the worst and most embarrising things involved with what they love so much.
---
"Don't criticise what you can't understand" - Bob Dylan
#14 Posted: 06:26:48 11/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki

Doesn't that already happen?

Yes, but he hasn't actually taken away Technical Support Neutrality yet. If he does this, then we will not even have the name in place... :-(

Quote: BorisTheParrot
He barley overtaken LeafyIsHere in my list of most Cringeworthy and Painful to watch videos of 2017. There is something very off-putting and cynical about someone who is trying to take away something people love to use daily, and then make a video showcasing the worst and most embarrising things involved with what they love so much.

Yes, he is a beyotch.
---
#15 Posted: 07:32:39 11/01/2018
Internets to fast, we need to go back to dial-up! /s
#16 Posted: 07:37:51 11/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bryman04

Dial up, rotary phones, antennas, and sending letters.
---
#17 Posted: 08:46:46 11/01/2018

Sending letters? That ****s old school, here in Ajit Pieville we scribble on flat stones.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#18 Posted: 13:41:05 11/01/2018

I mean, at least 2 million Americans still get internet from AOL dial-up. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#19 Posted: 14:39:15 11/01/2018
Windows 98

Sponsered by pie
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#20 Posted: 03:48:04 12/01/2018
I'm not as paranoid about telecom companies raising their rates up the ass at one time. They have to know that'd be suicide, they'd lose too many subscribers.

What I'm worried about is how smaller telecom companies will be driven out of business and unable to rise, which will stifle competition and strengthen monopoly.
#21 Posted: 05:38:16 12/01/2018 | Topic Creator

Sending letters? That ****s old school, here in Ajit Pieville we scribble on flat stones.

Then we may as well tie a string between a couple of hundred cups and call it darkspyro.cup.

Quote: HIR

I mean, at least 2 million Americans still get internet from AOL dial-up. >.>

eeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiieeieieieieieieiiiiiiiwiwiiiiiiwiwiiiiii------EEEEEEEEE-----iiiiiiiiiiiieieiiiiiieiieiiieiieiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieiieieieiiiiwiiwiiwiiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee---e---e--e---e---e--e-IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Windows 98

Sponsered by pie

Windows 4000 B.C., sponsored by Le' sh*it pie.

Quote: Metallo
I'm not as paranoid about telecom companies raising their rates up the ass at one time. They have to know that'd be suicide, they'd lose too many subscribers.

What I'm worried about is how smaller telecom companies will be driven out of business and unable to rise, which will stifle competition and strengthen monopoly.

Not really suicide, because there will be no competition. As you mentioned, no more/less startups, and the only choice for a provider being the telecom giants. It is a perfect business strategy, but it screws the consumer (we sad little beyotches) over.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:41:08 12/01/2018 by BlackNight12
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#22 Posted: 23:41:25 12/01/2018

Then we may as well tie a string between a couple of hundred cups and call it darkspyro.cup.

Excellent! Now I can ****post more effectively without even connecting to the internet!

"Hey guys, guess what? It's Kay's birthday today!"
"Shut up AmbushFan, it's not even 1AM yet."
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#23 Posted: 05:02:55 13/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: AmbushFan

Excellent! Now I can ****post more effectively without even connecting to the internet!

I think I'll probably cut my string on you, lol. It is like blocking a user on the internetz.

Quote: Drawdler
Ah BlackNight, don't worry that wasn't because of you at all and this NN thing isn't that big a part of it, just another brick in the wall. I'll message you about it if you want but it's mostly because my living situation has been stagnant for 5 and a half or so years. It's just that **** like this (and I found out about this topic before the last topic about it and was giving it tons of thought anyway) makes me more tired of life. It just seems so hard just to make a living and then there's **** like this. And more important than how it puts a lot of disgusting people at the top, it makes **** worse while everyone says things aren't that bad. There's a time and place for saying that and thinking about the present, but I wish that kind of attitude would die, because it seems to make people complacent. But maybe I'm saying that because my family keeps saying that kind of **** when I explain over and over how much I hate being stuck at home and never having alone time.

Ahhhhh, okay. I totally get what you are saying. My entire business relies on the internet, and it is my main source of income. I think that is why I keep reporting on it here. Not to try and upset or worry anybody, but because it actually very directly impacts my well-being depending on what happens with the whole situation.

Thumbs up to that kind of attitude ending also. These things are happening now, wheter people want to admit it or not. Even if it won't affect us for a year or two or three, being in semi-denial is not a healthy outlook on things.

And yes, of course you can send me a message. I would be glad to listen to whatever you have to say! ^_^

----

Reporting in again...! This is an interview that happened at the CES just a few days ago (the same one where Legit Pie cancelled his appearance because of the death threats).

It is with Mignon Clyburn. She was one of the 2 in the 3-2 vote to keep or repeal NN. So she was one of the Jedi.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/...neutrality-ces/

This next page makes an "interesting" comparison between NN and Game of Thrones, lol. I think it was for click-bait. XD

It goes over the history of the Net Neutrality rules that were just repealed, and offers a good insight to the current situation. It is particularly useful to those who still don't quite understand the whole Net Neutrality thing. It is also a pretty quick read, so if you want to brush up on the Net Neutrality debate, then this is a good quick reference. Spread your knowledge!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...4b0c198cb444c6b
---
#24 Posted: 05:09:40 13/01/2018

I think I'll probably cut my string on you, lol. It is like blocking a user on the internetz.

Then I'll do it the extra-old-fashioned way. Get a microphone, attach it to the biggest amps I can find, and let it rip.

"HEY GUYS, GUESS WHAT?!? IT'S KAY'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!"
---
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#25 Posted: 09:33:09 13/01/2018
Yeah man our speeds are too fast for the other nations, guess we need to slow down because slow and steady wins the race.
#26 Posted: 19:12:43 19/01/2018 | Topic Creator
We are one vote away from winning a majority vote in the senate to restore Net Neutrality. This does not guarantee anything, but it would be one out of three potential rounds in the Sentae/House/White House.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/1...h-50-votes.html

Susan Collins jumped on as a republican supporting the vote. Just one more, and that will be that for the Senate. The house will probably be harder, but like I said, at least this is a start.

What do you all think?
---
#27 Posted: 09:22:17 20/01/2018
I want something that gives us back Net Neutrality but it's even better than before.
#28 Posted: 19:20:27 20/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Well, this is what the senate is currently trying to do. and some 21 states are suing the FCC now. Which is good!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/1...h-50-votes.html

I posted this yesterday, I think!
---
#29 Posted: 00:04:29 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Comcast's DOJ thingy with NBC has run out, and by September they can join AT&T, Verizon, and the devil in throttling our content! ;-)

https://arstechnica.com/tech-p...r-just-expired/
---
#30 Posted: 00:09:35 23/01/2018
Legit Pie is getting death threats? I guess you could say...

Legit Pie needs to legit die.

I think this pun might have been made earlier, sorry. Also, is Legit Pie a nickname or something?
---
#31 Posted: 00:14:07 23/01/2018 | Topic Creator

I think this pun might have been made earlier, sorry. Also, is Legit Pie a nickname or something?

Yeah, someone posted the joke earlier I think, lol. XD I think the death threats are way too much, though. Throw eggs at his windows but don't threaten to kill the man.

Yeah, I'm making fun of his name, "Ajit Pai." Rhymes with "Legit Pie." and its cheesy funny. One of my irl friends said it a while back, and now I keep using it to refer to him. I don't know the last time (other than this post) I typed/said his real name! XD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:04 23/01/2018 by BlackNight12
#32 Posted: 00:18:22 23/01/2018
Legit Pie/Ajit Pai needs to legit die is such a perfect pun, seriously. Let's just take a moment to appreciate that. It's as if the stars and planets aligned in such a way to make it possible, that one of the most hated people on Earth right now has a perfect pun opportunity for a death threat.

It's like poetry.
---
#33 Posted: 04:32:36 31/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Here are some interesting articles about Net Neutrality...

Netflix, who was once very confident that they indeed did not need NN and somewhat abandoned us, has either had a change of heart, or some kind of freak out, and is now really pushing the FCC's repeal to be overturned.

https://www.law.com/therecorde...k-netflix-says/

This guy got in trouble with the police after trolling the FCC HQ by creating a slow lane and a fast lane in front of the FCC building to illustrate what might happen.

https://mashable.com/2018/01/3...e/#4Dx9rc1CAsqK

And last but not least, has anyone seen this awesome Burger King commercial? They described the whole Net Neutrality thing so perfectly.

http://www.houstonpress.com/ar...rality-10159868

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltzy5vRmN8Q

How do you feel about Whopper Neutrality?
---
#34 Posted: 04:34:24 31/01/2018
burger king is the hero we need
#35 Posted: 04:38:07 31/01/2018 | Topic Creator
burger king is the hero we need

I've actually always been a McDonalds kind of person, but BK will certainly do for Net Neutrality! XD

Would you put some bobby sauce on that big whopper? XD
---
#36 Posted: 04:56:02 31/01/2018
i want the creepy-ass burger king king to violently assault legit balgeet pie on live television
#37 Posted: 17:48:45 30/11/2020
Guess who is stepping down in January
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#38 Posted: 19:31:51 30/11/2020
Quote: willspyro
Guess who is stepping down in January

no pie for valentines day
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2325
#39 Posted: 06:02:04 02/12/2020
lol see you later legit
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#40 Posted: 02:32:42 06/12/2020
Please just never forget that Legit Pie was my joke first. Proof.

Yeah, someone posted the joke earlier I think, lol. XD I think the death threats are way too much, though. Throw eggs at his windows but don't threaten to kill the man.

Yeah, I'm making fun of his name, "Ajit Pai." Rhymes with "Legit Pie." and its cheesy funny. One of my irl friends said it a while back, and now I keep using it to refer to him. I don't know the last time (other than this post) I typed/said his real name! XD

Boom. Who do you think that hot girl she's talking about right there is? Yeah.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me