Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Polls > Favourite Upgrade Path: Starcast
Page 1 of 1

Favourite Upgrade Path: Starcast

Megastart Me Up Poll 25% (25)
Enhance the Decoy Poll 19% (19)
Don't have him Poll 24% (24)
Never played Imaginators Poll 31% (31)
Favourite Upgrade Path: Starcast
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#1 Posted: 18:52:03 03/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Chompy Mage's "The Champ of Chomp!" path is a very clear winner for his poll.

Next we'll go to the new Dark Skylander, Master Starcast, which of his two paths do you prefer? Do you prefer to upgrade his megastar or his shadow form decoy?

[User Posted Image] Megastart Me Up
Enhance the giant rideable Megastar.
Star Stomp Star Leap Star Shards
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
While surfing the Megastar, press (Triangle) to do a shockwave inducing stompy attack. Press (X) to leap off the Megastar, which stays there a while and damages enemies. Interdimensional Shurikens now shatter into many smaller but deadly pieces when they hit the Megastar.
Enhance the Decoy
Upgrade the Shadow Form Decoy.
Star of the Show Dark n' Powerful Sharp and to the Point
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
Shadow Form Decoy shoots SIX homing projectiles. Shadow Form Decoy now does even more damage! Homing projectiles now pierce enemies. Also, Starcast has a greater critical hit chance when Shadow Form Decoy is active.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 19:38:15 03/01/2018
MEGA-START ME UP
GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#3 Posted: 23:55:50 03/01/2018
smilie Disgust
PATH: Megastart Me Up
REASON: I thought the Megastar upgrades looked cooler: I especially liked Star Leap and Star Shards
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#4 Posted: 19:42:31 04/01/2018
It is beyond a shadow of a doubt to me that Enhance The Decoy is the better path. The decoy effectively becomes stronger than Starcast himself on this path, as its projectiles penetrate enemies and do more damage than Starcast's shurikens. This is especially important, because Starcast's shurikens have damage output that is so low, it's terrible and it actually makes Starcast dangerous to his enemies, plus the decoy makes enemies (excluding bosses) lose awareness of where Starcast is and buys him some peace of mind... good thing the upgrade that makes Starcast's decoy attack with projectiles also make it useful against bosses on this path! The penetrating projectiles also make it easier for Starcast to deal with huge crowds, which normally overwhelm him in levels like the Dragon Temple.

Megastart Me Up upgrades what is literally Starcast's worst attack (he is so easy to hit when he's riding that horrible, slow star, and it's actually harder to hit enemies when he's up there than you might guess) and making matters worse, the upgrades on this path don't even correspond to his soul gem, so the upgrades on it won't enhance his attacks when he's riding the UFO at all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:07 04/01/2018 by Sworn2Skylands
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#5 Posted: 01:01:27 05/01/2018
Megastar Me Up, all the way!
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
kczportalmaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1635
#6 Posted: 16:11:10 05/01/2018
Megastart Me Up
---
go home villains your all drunk off for your G()D DVWN @5535
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 22:07:04 07/01/2018
I agreed Enhance My Decoy as it they can't track you. It suits my gameplay.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#8 Posted: 18:07:10 08/01/2018
Megastar Me Up is not about damage output, it's about fun, utility and above all versatility. It's the best path to fully harness Starcast gameplay.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me