Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Irrational Fears.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 00:49:48 29/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Lets share each other's phobias! Yay!

Mine? Submarines!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#2 Posted: 12:25:06 29/12/2017
Lifts (or elevators for u ****head americans)

Used to be terrified of escalators

Flies. If one lands on me I gotta scrub that area with bleach. They send chills all over my body and I'd be happy to be the one who obliterates them once and for all.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 15:48:08 29/12/2017
pedophiles
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#4 Posted: 03:39:42 30/12/2017
Oblivion. Not exactly irrational depending on your viewpoint, though. I'm just really scared of nothing. No senses, no thoughts, just nothing.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6059
#5 Posted: 06:21:23 31/12/2017
Syringes, IVs, anything of the medical needle variety.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 17:46:13 31/12/2017
darkSpyro.net
---
Bruh
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 19:41:35 01/01/2018
Failure.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#8 Posted: 23:07:05 01/01/2018
Rejection
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 02:05:11 02/01/2018
Snake Clowns...

No, but seriously, Rejection and not being able to achieve my dreams
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#10 Posted: 08:29:36 16/02/2018
Stairs :')
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:34:18 16/02/2018 by DarkCynder_543
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5537
#11 Posted: 14:04:45 18/02/2018
Escalators, televisions, anything that involves breaking the skin, death, falling from any height, and any song performed by Alvin and the Chipmunks.

I'm a giant ball of anxiety here.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#12 Posted: 17:25:48 04/03/2018
Heights or altophobia
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#13 Posted: 01:32:42 05/03/2018
-any horror stuff involving the eyes ugh, for some reason it makes me gag despite being completely desensitized to everything else
-jim carrey's grinch
-any form of test, i have notoriously bad test anxiety even when its low stakes
-even thinking about the afterlife ****s me up
#14 Posted: 01:43:42 05/03/2018
Being lonely forever. Not just in a romantic relationship, just in general. I'm feeling increasingly more detached from my friends and I feel like such a loner sometimes. I don't like it, man...
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#15 Posted: 07:40:24 05/03/2018
I'm a lot more worried about losing my friend Lovely Chris than most other people in my life, which is strange because our friendship is entirely virtual. I'm overly attached to him, and can't imagine having a friend quite as, well, lovely as he is. Even weirder than that is that I've never been interested in friends, and don't want a replacement.

I also don't like spiders near me.
#16 Posted: 14:46:34 05/03/2018
Flying Bugs
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#17 Posted: 15:26:43 05/03/2018
Low ceilings.
I'm talking about places you can't stand up in.
Tunnels, basically.
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#18 Posted: 01:45:43 15/04/2018
I'm afraid of leaves that have been partially eaten by bugs. It's such a weirdly specific thing and I have no explanation for it
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#19 Posted: 01:57:13 15/04/2018
Quote: DirtPrincess
I'm afraid of leaves that have been partially eaten by bugs. It's such a weirdly specific thing and I have no explanation for it

Could be part of trypophobia
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#20 Posted: 04:23:56 15/04/2018
Clowns. All because of Steven King's IT. I blame it on my mother and aunt. They made me watch the mini series when I was only six. Some family! Also centipedes. It's just so unnatural and creepy the way they move.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
TheDarlingErika Green Sparx Gems: 119
#21 Posted: 21:43:43 15/04/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
Lifts (or elevators for u ****head americans)

Used to be terrified of escalators

Flies. If one lands on me I gotta scrub that area with bleach. They send chills all over my body and I'd be happy to be the one who obliterates them once and for all.

Oh, I used to love escalators as a kid. But now... Well, see my below comments! ^_^;

Quote: Seiki
Syringes, IVs, anything of the medical needle variety.

I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish you the best of luck in overcoming it! People are shocked, proud, and horrified by the fact that I'm not scared of them.

Quote: Crash10
darkSpyro.net

That's not irrational...!

Quote: DarkCynder_543
Stairs :')

Seriously? Same here! I've gotten better with it over the years, but I still tend to freak out when I have to walk up or especially down a staircase. Strange thing is, I used to love going up and down escalators, but out of nowhere I became afraid of them, too. I'm making a speciic point this year to get rid of this irrational fear, though! I hope you can, too! :-)

Quote: Vespi
-any horror stuff involving the eyes ugh, for some reason it makes me gag despite being completely desensitized to everything else
-jim carrey's grinch
-any form of test, i have notoriously bad test anxiety even when its low stakes
-even thinking about the afterlife ****s me up

Oh? I used to be horrified to death of him, but one day it just wasn't scary to me anymore, and I watched the whole movie through without being scared. I was pretty satisfied with myself. I hope yours can go away as well! ^_^
---
Are you ever dreaming of me?
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#22 Posted: 23:15:26 15/04/2018
Well, I used to be terrified of bees. People told me that if I ever got stung it would hurt so bad I would cry, and pass out, and all that jazz...

Then I got stung, and I was like...

That's it?
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
#23 Posted: 23:29:31 15/04/2018
Quote: DannySleepTalks
Well, I used to be terrified of bees. People told me that if I ever got stung it would hurt so bad I would cry, and pass out, and all that jazz...

That's it?

My thoughts exactly.
---
#24 Posted: 00:05:24 16/04/2018
Quote: Felines

That's it?

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you! I'm so glad someone else gets it! What was with all the hype if that was gonna be it...?
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
#25 Posted: 00:14:38 16/04/2018

That's it?

My thoughts exactly.

Thank you! I'm so glad someone else gets it! What was with all the hype if that was gonna be it...?

Well, bees are a rational fear. A whole bunch of them can kill you, especially if you're allergic, so that is a fear that's understandable. Sure, if it's just one bee, you're just like, meh. But have a whole hive and your opinion can change drastically.
---
#26 Posted: 00:25:19 16/04/2018

My thoughts exactly.

Well, bees are a rational fear. A whole bunch of them can kill you, especially if you're allergic, so that is a fear that's understandable. Sure, if it's just one bee, you're just like, meh. But have a whole hive and your opinion can change drastically.

Very true! Yeah, bees are a completely rational fear, but thanks to some people, I was irrationally afraid! X3 In fact, I had reason to suspect I might be allergic due to family members having allergies, but thankfully, I must not be...

If it's a bunch, though, totally...

Run. Like. Hell.

[User Posted Image]

Seriously, though, no joke...
---
#27 Posted: 00:56:58 16/04/2018
Well, people like to exaggerate, perhaps to make you as afraid as them. Like the fear of lizards, or frogs. They can't do any harm to you, yet you'll see people jumping and squealing when one of the critters jump on them.
---
#28 Posted: 01:13:00 16/04/2018
That's so mean, tho ;~;

XD Yeah, you're right. I love lizards, myself.

And frogs too! Especially these li'l guys...!
[User Posted Image]
---
#29 Posted: 01:40:40 16/04/2018
That looks like one of my own. Is that a Puerto Rican tree frog? Certainly looks like it. They're quite abundant here smilie

Speaking of fears again, that Beedril image you provided me reminded me of something; have you noticed how Pokemon seem to concentrate of certain species as mean? Not only Beedril. You have some like Ursaring. They had quite a nasty reputation in the Pokemon universe, just like grizzly bears and their temper.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#30 Posted: 02:12:12 16/04/2018
Roller coasters and fun fair rides. I can't even smile or laugh on them. I haven't gone on one in years because they've only ever been a terrifying experience for me. Maybe it won't be bad now that I'm older but even as a kid/teen, my peers never had problems so I think it's just something inherent to me. It might have to do with the fact I'm not in control and don't know the person who is, because I can handle a fast moving vehicle just fine.

Also, eye horror or uncanny valley horror. I won't run away screaming, but I might freeze and stare for a sec the first time. Then always look away if I know it's coming.

Like I'm a huge fan of Doki Doki Literature Club and have been de-senstised to most of the jumpscares and other freaky stuff, even finding some of it funny.

But the Yuri eyes. They still unsettle me. And I feel like they shouldn't. When I first saw them, they were showing up in my sleep, now it's not that bad, but I still would rather not see them in the moment as it does make me uncomfortable.

Also to a lesser degree, technology/glitch horror. Like if I'm watching a video on some sort of meta fictional horror game or something similar and my laptop starts buffering the video at an overly convenient time, then I'll get paranoid.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:10 16/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#31 Posted: 02:24:49 16/04/2018
That looks like one of my own. Is that a Puerto Rican tree frog? Certainly looks like it. They're quite abundant here :D

Speaking of fears again, that Beedril image you provided me reminded me of something; have you noticed how Pokemon seem to concentrate of certain species as mean? Not only Beedril. You have some like Ursaring. They had quite a nasty reputation in the Pokemon universe, just like grizzly bears and their temper.

The coquí, yeah! I love 'em, there so cute!

Yeah, omg, I think about that sometimes! I thought it a little unfair, because I like some of the Pokémon they depict as mean, and I wish there were friendlier ones sometimes. XD I think Beedrill and Ursaring are probably common fears in the Pokémon universe!
---
#32 Posted: 02:44:01 16/04/2018
^Oh, so you do know their common name. I used the long name cause I didn't think you knew their native name. So I was right. Yeah, there are plenty here at home, and I have to get them out of the house on a daily basis cause my mom is afraid of them smilie

As for Pokemon, you're right. That is unfair. It's sad how many animals have such a dastard reputation because of how they are displayed in fiction. Sharpedo is another one, though it's not as often at least, but still doesn't help much. No doubt many people fear sharks, and even today, they still do movies where sharks are the monsters. I really pity them. Fear leads to slaughter. Sure, Sharks have killed people, but it doesn't even begin to compare how much worse is the other way around smilie
---
#33 Posted: 03:05:30 16/04/2018
^Oh, so you do know their common name. I used the long name cause I didn't think you knew their native name. So I was right. Yeah, there are plenty here at home, and I have to get them out of the house on a daily basis cause my mom is afraid of them :roll:

As for Pokemon, you're right. That is unfair. It's sad how many animals have such a dastard reputation because of how they are displayed in fiction. Sharpedo is another one, though it's not as often at least, but still doesn't help much. No doubt many people fear sharks, and even today, they still do movies where sharks are the monsters. I really pity them. Fear leads to slaughter. Sure, Sharks have killed people, but it doesn't even begin to compare how much worse is the other way around :(

Haha, yeah, I love coquí so much, and I've long been fascinated by Puerto Rican culture and wildlife. How do you feel about coquí frogs? It must be tough for you if you like them and your mom doesn't! XD

Wow, it's so cool that you think the same as me on that. Yeah, Sharpedo, too. And basically all Poison-types have got a bad name thanks to all of the evil teams (Rocket, Galactic, etc.) that use them. :-( It's just like in real life with real animals. Sharks are... admittedly, kind of scary, but I love them anyway! X3 It's terrible when a shark or any animal hurts or kills someone, but unless you're trying to defend yourself, or it's for food, I don't think people should kill animals either. Not just because they're scared of them! D:

btw, you can leave a message on my GB or PM me if you want to keep talking there, so we don't derail this... Although, the part about your mom especially I think could technically still be considered on topic. X3
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#34 Posted: 19:22:21 19/04/2018
I'm terrified of dogs. Ever since I was chased by one when I was about 8, I have never been comfortable around dogs unless they're on a leash. Of course my dad doesn't understand and just tries to force me to interact with dogs at every opportunity, as if that's going to help.

I can't stand feeling or even seeing things touch the insides of people's forearms or sides of their necks. If I see a scene on TV where someone has a blade held up to their neck, or are injecting something into their forearm, I have to look away. My classmates keep drawing on the insides of their forearms for some reason during class, and every time I see it I flinch and have to look away. I think this is because when I was much younger, my little brother broke a glass door and ended up with broken glass in his forearm just inches away from an artery. My I overheard my parents say something like "I'm glad it didn't land a couple inches down, or you might be in the emergency room now," and it's terrified me forever
---
Dead
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#35 Posted: 04:22:35 29/04/2018
Quote: AmbushFan
Oblivion

The Deadlands, Coldharbour, or the Shivering Isles?
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#36 Posted: 16:40:26 29/04/2018
Spiders
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
#37 Posted: 23:27:07 01/05/2018
Getting my actual irrational fear out there

Speed
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#38 Posted: 23:30:26 01/05/2018
Insects getting into my ear

I had a bee fly near my ear and it freaked me out so bad that I began covering my ears when I went back outside
#39 Posted: 23:32:16 01/05/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd

I had a bee fly near my ear and it freaked me out so bad that I began covering my ears when I went back outside

Yeah I had an incident like that

A wasp came out of nowhere and went into my ear, I started freaking out and covering my ear and the wasp stung me in the earlobe
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#40 Posted: 23:34:30 01/05/2018
Thanos
#41 Posted: 00:05:34 02/05/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Yeah I had an incident like that

A wasp came out of nowhere and went into my ear, I started freaking out and covering my ear and the wasp stung me in the earlobe

Then try sleeping with mosquitoes zooming in your ears every night! smilie
---
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#42 Posted: 00:16:08 02/05/2018
I know it's probably not completely irrational, but being alone in the world genuinely terrifies me.

Like I know my parents are gonna die before me and while not a pleasant thought since I love my parents, I can accept that fact. However, I have lost one sister to a disease (Cystic Fibrosis) and my other sister has the same thing. Thankfully, she isn't as bad when it comes to her health, but I know it is gonna shorten her life span many years and no doubt she will die before me too. These facts really scare me to the point that sometimes I don't sleep. I'm just terrified that one day my immediate family (I don't have the best relationship with cousins, aunts and uncles) will all be gone and I'll be by myself.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#43 Posted: 01:53:52 29/05/2018
Being lonely forever. Not just in a romantic relationship, just in general. I'm feeling increasingly more detached from my friends and I feel like such a loner sometimes. I don't like it, man...

Took the words right out of my mouth.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#44 Posted: 16:56:34 30/05/2018
australians
#45 Posted: 21:09:02 30/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
australians

**** off
---
I draw stuff.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#46 Posted: 21:23:51 30/05/2018
bees
spiders
heights
falling asleep on the bus
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#47 Posted: 17:11:24 02/06/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Getting my actual irrational fear out there

Speed

Sonic is the best horror game.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:11:49 02/06/2018 by Crash10
#48 Posted: 18:41:16 02/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Okay no, but seriously, I'm terrified of immense objects in the ocean. Submarines, sea mines, even freaking whales sometimes. I have nightmares about swimming across the ocean and being too scared to look down in fear of what I might see down there. It's not the danger aspect of these objects/animals ... it's just, their freaking size, shape, and dark colour makes them so unnerving that I can help but freak out when I look at them.
This also counts for huge objects on top of the open ocean as well. Bloody, those huge ass navy warships?? No way!! D':

When I see these things on the television or in a book or something, I literally can't look at them and have to turn away.
Not so much the whales, but the other things ..... *shudder*
---
I draw stuff.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#49 Posted: 17:15:39 06/06/2018
Wasps and hornets.
Large swarms of insects or spiders.
Losing the people I love or care about.
Dying in my sleep.
Getting a virus on my computer.
Underachievement.
Large, hooved animals running near me. I feel like they're gonna trample on me.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me