darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Do they know it's Christmas time at all?
Page 1 of 1
Do they know it's Christmas time at all?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 03:34:44 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
So how is everyone coping with the impending first Skylanders free Christmas in more than half a decade? Will you insert the disc of your favourite entry and play a couple of chapters for old times sake?

And do you think Activision are sitting around missing the series as much as we are? Although for them it would be more the profits that they might be missing.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#2 Posted: 03:51:49 18/12/2017
This Christmas, I am going to celebrate the absence of Skylanders by saving much more money than usual.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3860
#3 Posted: 07:10:04 18/12/2017
Skylanders is over because of SC and SI. I hope TFB gets one more chance at a game. We will see...
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#4 Posted: 08:19:55 18/12/2017
Other than stores heavily discounting Skylanders to try to get rid of them (see https://twitter.com/GoNintendo...520290524958720), I doubt Activision cares much anymore.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:25:28 18/12/2017 by JCW555
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#5 Posted: 10:44:27 18/12/2017
Quote: JCW555
Other than stores heavily discounting Skylanders to try to get rid of them (see https://twitter.com/GoNintendo...520290524958720), I doubt Activision cares much anymore.

$2 SuperChargers Nintendo starter sets WOW! I also saw that the Infinity 3.0 sets were just as cheap and their figures are down to $1 each. Basically clearing out both as much as possible.

I was very shocked to see the Legendary Imaginator Crystals down to 50 cents. I had a $5 reward coupon to burn so I got in on the super bargains. It won't be too long before they blow out the Imaginators I guess but I already have all of them aside from the two Chompy Mages so there isn't much to look forward to unless I decide to collect one of each crystal design.
---
Stay Cool!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#6 Posted: 11:45:27 18/12/2017
I'm buying some actual gifts this year instead of stressing myself with the mail office to import one or two. Wish it wasn't because of the series dying out though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#7 Posted: 17:49:31 21/12/2017
I'm actually getting Imaginators for the Switch for Christmas, and I can't wait to play it!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#8 Posted: 22:24:01 23/12/2017
All Skylanders, including Racing Packs/etc. (minus Imaginators) are 50 cents at TRU right now. And from the looks of it they still weren't selling, no one in a very crowded TRU was even looking at them.
#9 Posted: 22:44:48 23/12/2017
Quote: yelvy
I'm actually getting Imaginators for the Switch for Christmas, and I can't wait to play it!

A little off-topic, but weren't Switch's loading times horrendous? Like, really really bad? I've heard so.

IDK if I'm getting a Switch (my parents have hinted at it once or twice though), but if I did, I was thinking of getting SI for it since my Wii U broke. However, after hearing about the loading times, I was put off, so I'm wondering if they really are as bad as people say. If so, then I'll just save my money unless I can find it cheap (which I probably can TBH).
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#10 Posted: 04:04:46 24/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Well I'm missing having a new Skylanders game. Yes my wallet is better off without it, but I still wish there was a new one this year. Or even next year. But I can't see that happening, not in a true TTL version. Can't see shops wanting to stock that much plastic ever again. But I hope they release proper Skylanders console games again at some point in the future. I will miss the excitement of putting the disc in tomorrow afternoon and seeing the start of a new adventure.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#11 Posted: 12:11:35 24/12/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Quote: yelvy

A little off-topic, but weren't Switch's loading times horrendous? Like, really really bad? I've heard so.

IDK if I'm getting a Switch (my parents have hinted at it once or twice though), but if I did, I was thinking of getting SI for it since my Wii U broke. However, after hearing about the loading times, I was put off, so I'm wondering if they really are as bad as people say. If so, then I'll just save my money unless I can find it cheap (which I probably can TBH).

Hmmm... I asked about this and I think the loading times were improved in an update? I don't know for sure.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#12 Posted: 20:29:39 28/12/2017
Yes, load times were improved in a subsequent update. Load times are now on par with the Wii U version, where originally they were around 2-3x longer.
#13 Posted: 02:18:52 29/12/2017
I owned the Wii U version previously, so that's good to hear. I now have a Switch, so I might see if I can find it cheap.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me