Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Spyro Numskull merchandising in 2018
Page 1 of 1
Spyro Numskull merchandising in 2018
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#1 Posted: 18:17:47 02/12/2017 | Topic Creator
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro..._of_numskull_x/

Well, t-shirts, mugs and other merch (like the Crash Bandicoot merchandise) of classic Spyro are coming around March/April 2018.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#2 Posted: 00:30:22 03/12/2017
Good, good. I want a T-shirt or something.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 00:32:59 03/12/2017
Quote: danyq94
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro..._of_numskull_x/

Well, t-shirts, mugs and other merch (like the Crash Bandicoot merchandise) of classic Spyro are coming around March/April 2018.

They didn’t specify classic Spyro, but if that were the case... OOOOOOH, BOY.

As if the First 4 Figures’ statue weren’t a big enough hint.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#4 Posted: 00:35:19 03/12/2017
Well they need to do something for the 20th Anniversary though...
#5 Posted: 01:45:38 03/12/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Drek95
They didn’t specify classic Spyro, but if that were the case... OOOOOOH, BOY.

As if the First 4 Figures’ statue weren’t a big enough hint.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they would've said Skylanders if they meant Skylanders.

Could be referring to The Legend of Spyro’s merchandise, but I agree that classic-themed ones are more likely.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#6 Posted: 02:35:58 03/12/2017
Yeah, it’s probably just me not wanting to get too hyped about this.

Because as I’ve already said, if it truly is classic-related merchandise then I think there is no way a remake isn’t under development.
It’s a bit different from First 4 Figures’ announcement video, but N-Sane Trilogy was already announced back then.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#7 Posted: 06:42:15 03/12/2017
Remakes no, but we could get a Spyro anniversary collection of some sorts?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#8 Posted: 08:29:17 03/12/2017
Their stuff leans on the "nostalgia-bait" side, there's a good reason to believe it will be classic.
The line of console keychains are very nice.
---
#all Spyros are valid
#9 Posted: 10:24:01 03/12/2017
Quote: KeybasHedKey

By “remakes” I meant the same old first three games completely rebuilt from scratch but kept as close to the originals as possible, just like how V.V. did for Crash.

They are considered remakes purely from a technical point of view, nothing major truly changes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#10 Posted: 03:50:42 04/12/2017
Quote: Drek95
Quote: KeybasHedKey

By “remakes” I meant the same old first three games completely rebuilt from scratch but kept as close to the originals as possible, just like how V.V. did for Crash.

They are considered remakes purely from a technical point of view, nothing major truly changes.

I'm pretty sure she knew that. I think she was implying that they might release the actual legitimate first three games on the PS4, without remaking/remastering anything. Not like how they did with Crash, but more like, oh, I don't know, how Capcom does with every single one of their games, every year, lol.

If Activision decides to be a real jerk about it, that might be what we wind up with in the case they decide that Spyro isn't worth the investment, but still wants to make a quick buck off of the anniversary.

By the way, who is this person who posted the tweet from Numskull? Are they trustworthy, because this could be absolutely nothing.

Although, this is precisely how it started with Crash last year. I forgot his name, but the guy from the company that released the Crash action figures accidentally let it slip, and Activision tried to cover it up afterward. If they try to cover for it later, like, "That's not what I meant, I meant it would be cool if we made some merchandise," then that's when you know this is legit happening.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#11 Posted: 10:34:07 04/12/2017
Oh... I honestly haven’t even considered that option at all.

I mean, probably the only reason why Spyro sold slightly less than Crash was because of how horribly the first two games were ported in Japan, with the third one not even reaching out there because of how badly they were received.
This is Activision’s chance to show japanese fans how Spyro’s truly supposed to be.

Besides, Activision itself owes much to him, since he’s one of the reasons why Skylanders got all that attention and success so fast.

All of the above without even mentioning how much those remakes are requested by fans, the many fan-games and projects focused around him and the fact they are already showing interest in merchandise not unlike how they did with Crash the past two years.

Only releasing an HD remaster for his 20th birthday would be an insult to what he has meant in all his hystory, to all the fans and frankly to Activision’s intelligence as well, since they would loose the possibility to earn as much money (if not more) as with the N. Sane Trilogy.
Assuming the remasters would sell less, which I think is highly probable since we are talking about a two decades old trilogy which probably everyone has had a chance to play by now thanks to the digital collections on the PlayStation Store, and would be laughable if re-released completely untouched.

I mean, they are doing it for Shadow of the Colossus after they already developed a remaster for the PS3, and that game barely has half the years of Spyro the Dragon.

Plus there’s this tiny voice inside of me who keeps saying “They did it for Crash, there is no way they aren’t doing it for his number one friend/rival as well”, for what it counts.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:43:39 04/12/2017 by Drek95
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#12 Posted: 10:35:26 05/12/2017
I think it would be a huge insult if they did nothing for Spyro's 20th.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me