Page 1 of 1
VV Still Developing Skylanders?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#1 Posted: 19:42:45 21/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Vicarious Visions just released a video tour of their studio on their Facebook page.
There are a couple of interesting things to note - first is that Skylanders is still heavily featured in their studio (like logos of SuperChargers plastered on various walls as well as many posters). The other, more interesting thing to note is that they still have a room dedicated to 3D printing Skylanders. Surely if they didn't have any plans to develop another Skylanders game, they'd have put that 3D printer in storage or got rid of it? Surely they wouldn't have a room dedicated to Skylanders if they had no plans on developing new Skylanders?
I can't help but feel this is good news for the franchise, I thought that Toys for Bob were going to be he studio continuing the franchise but what if we've got two new games in the pipeline? One by VV and one by TFB? Or both studios are working on the next entry together? Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic?

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:10 21/11/2017 by TTD
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 19:52:21 21/11/2017
Quote: TTD
Vicarious Visions just released a video tour of their studio on their Facebook page.
There are a couple of interesting things to note - first is that Skylanders is still heavily featured in their studio (like logos of SuperChargers plastered on various walls as well as many posters). The other, more interesting thing to note is that they still have a room dedicated to 3D printing Skylanders. Surely if they didn't have any plans to develop another Skylanders game, they'd have put that 3D printer in storage or got rid of it? Surely they wouldn't have a room dedicated to Skylanders if they had no plans on developing new Skylanders?
I can't help but feel this is good news for the franchise, I thought that Toys for Bob were going to be he studio continuing the franchise but what if we've got two new games in the pipeline? One by VV and one by TFB? Or both studios are working on the next entry together? Or maybe I'm just being too optimistic?

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

But hey that's just a theory

What, you think I'm gonna say something else?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 19:54:21 21/11/2017
And if you look on their YouTube channel, this video was originally uploaded on December 9th 2016, so it's nearly one year old now. But who knows? smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:00:19 21/11/2017 by SuperSpyroFan
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 19:59:17 21/11/2017
I'm half and half on this one. I mean, yes, they made a point about showing off Skylanders over other brands they'd be recognised for, and your specific points could well point to another Skylanders game by them. I'm sure we all remember the hidden references to Crash Bandicoot's N. Sane Trilogy between the announcement of the PS4 up to that game's formal announcement, and if VV were involved in any of them, it could be the case for Skylanders too.

On the other hand, I won't hold my breath for them to make another game. I've still got plenty of Skylander juice to burn through but I'm a pessimist more than I am an optimist I'm afraid.
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#5 Posted: 21:10:14 21/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
And if you look on their YouTube channel, this video was originally uploaded on December 9th 2016, so it's nearly one year old now. But who knows? smilie

Ah, I didn't realise that smilie But still, the mere fact that they have that room even in December 2016 even after the release of Imaginators must mean something?
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#6 Posted: 21:21:57 21/11/2017
That video was old when they uploaded it the last time. The weather on the outside was more May to June than December. Leaves on the trees, the types of flowers, etc. Albany NY in December is pretty much dead plants and no leaves on the trees at all.
---
Stay Cool!
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#7 Posted: 21:37:38 21/11/2017
One thing I'll add is this. The video was posted in December 2016. That was after those "cancellation" rumours started. So if this was from December and if those rumours were even true. This 3D printing room would be gone.

Agree or disagree I'm not here to start anything just giving. My two cents
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#8 Posted: 21:44:26 21/11/2017
You're definitely being too optimistic. The Franchise needs a break. Maybe even moving away from the Toys to Life format. I'm not even convinced that one year is long enough (meaning a game would come out next year). We may need to wait until 2019 or 2020 for the next

Toys to life needs to be 50/50. I have no problem spending $300 on games and figures if I'm getting $150 of video gaming (ie. the content of 2 1/2 games). But when you look at what the series has become to where you are getting less then what should be acceptable in an out of the box $60 after you've invested $200 into the game, that's swindling people.

Demand more from the series fans. Stop drinking the Kool-aid that the latter games were worth while. Too much investment required just to get a lackluster offering.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#9 Posted: 00:01:17 22/11/2017
Nope, means nothing.
---
bye
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#10 Posted: 02:08:45 22/11/2017
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICED THEY BLURRED THE THING HE WAS HOLDING???

I have one thing to say and one thing only.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:11:54 22/11/2017 by Luminous35
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#11 Posted: 02:48:56 22/11/2017
Quote: Luminous35

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

okay but when i saw that photo on insta i thought it was a dildo or something they'd need to blur idk
#12 Posted: 15:14:16 22/11/2017
Quote: Luminous35

Not to mention that was the ONLY 3D print they blurred out that was in the room. It definitely means something
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#13 Posted: 17:11:35 22/11/2017
It is Acti's doomsday button that, when pressed, makes every Skylanders toy blow up simultaneously, achieving Acti's messed-up goal of world domination that involves killing millions of innocents.

They used Skylanders to cover up this conspiracy, as they knew it would sell fast and reach everywhere. The ultimate tool for such an apocalyptic operation.

After the FBI found them out, they gave it to VV for safekeeping, hoping that the FBI wouldn't find anything when they raided Activision HQ, therefore getting them off their watchlist.

Thus why it is blurred out. It obviously took place during the raid, and somebody forgot to put it back in the vault after they had finished analysing it for bugging devices. They just blurred it out, hoping nobody would suspect anything.

But not me. I've found you out, Acti, and I intend to-

[This message has been deleted by Activision]

-----

Maybe this could mean a new game, but wasn't this video a few years ago now? I think it could just be a prototype or canceled Skylander (like Sun Dragon), but then again, it was blurred out... apparently, though I haven't watched the video yet, so I'm just taking your word for it RN.

Doesn't it take a few years to make these games? They could already have started development way back then, perhaps. Sky7 could be closer than we think.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#14 Posted: 17:35:17 22/11/2017
well i just saw that video and i admit its interesting, but i would not rise my hopes.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#15 Posted: 17:41:30 22/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
It is Acti's doomsday button that, when pressed, makes every Skylanders toy blow up simultaneously, achieving Acti's messed-up goal of world domination that involves killing millions of innocents.

They used Skylanders to cover up this conspiracy, as they knew it would sell fast and reach everywhere. The ultimate tool for such an apocalyptic operation.

After the FBI found them out, they gave it to VV for safekeeping, hoping that the FBI wouldn't find anything when they raided Activision HQ, therefore getting them off their watchlist.

Thus why it is blurred out. It obviously took place during the raid, and somebody forgot to put it back in the vault after they had finished analysing it for bugging devices. They just blurred it out, hoping nobody would suspect anything.

But not me. I've found you out, Acti, and I intend to-

[This message has been deleted by Activision]

-----

Maybe this could mean a new game, but wasn't this video a few years ago now? I think it could just be a prototype or canceled Skylander (like Sun Dragon), but then again, it was blurred out... apparently, though I haven't watched the video yet, so I'm just taking your word for it RN.

Doesn't it take a few years to make these games? They could already have started development way back then, perhaps. Sky7 could be closer than we think.

Video was from December 2016 after those rumours started about it ending. I honestly don't think it was cancelled at all at this point
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:43:23 22/11/2017 by SkyFan91
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#16 Posted: 18:29:42 22/11/2017
Perhaps it was just out on hold and a cancellation was just a miscommunication to the guy who announced it? Like he was told it was cancelled but who ever told him made the mistake.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#17 Posted: 18:43:56 22/11/2017
IIRC, each next Skylanders game is in development after a game is released. So when SSA was out, SG was in development; when SG was out, SSF was in development; SSF, STT; etc.. Not entirely sure, and don't know if they start development before or after it is released. About one or two years on each game, I think.

So, if they had this in 2016, that would be just under a year from now. About a year and a half from this video to Fall 2018, which IIRC is the average development time. Meaning...

I'll look at this video later to make sure, and also look into development times, but I'm almost certain this means Sky7 is on its way. All aboard the hype train, I guess!

TBH I don't care much about Skylanders anymore, but considering Imaginators quickly became one of my favourite games of all time (2nd favourite Skylanders game after Giants), I'm interested to see what they make this time.

Especially if I can use my Imaginators again. Morgen was one of my favourite skylanders, even if he was one I made myself. And Joakim Broden - I wanna kick ass with him again.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#18 Posted: 19:30:42 22/11/2017
Guys.
That thing they blurred out, I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be a joke.
Like... It was something inappropriate for younger audiences and that's why they couldn't show it.

Since the whole video is comical, that's actually a rather obvious conclusion to me.

What did intrigue me is that poster they had on the wall at the beginning and end of the tour.
It reminded me of certain SWAP Force's promotional arts, with a group of characters in carious poses, but I couldn't recognize any familiar face there.
Then again, I could hardly make out the basic shapes of those characters, to begin with.

Might be interesting to try and analize it better, perhaps.

UPDATE:
so, two of them are definitely Big Bubble Pop Fizz and Splat, and the others don't look like Skylanders, except for maybe one who may be a Fire character.
I'm leaning towards it being a shot of V.V.'s "mascots".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:55:04 22/11/2017 by Drek95
#19 Posted: 20:07:52 22/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Perhaps it was just out on hold and a cancellation was just a miscommunication to the guy who announced it? Like he was told it was cancelled but who ever told him made the mistake.

I'm thinking it was like broken telephone. I remember Liam tweeting at one point in the past that he has several sources. The first source originally said this "the next skylanders game was delayed due to sales and one of the options was a cancellation but decided against it" the message was passed on to the other and people got words mixed up and it turned into that it was cancelled
#20 Posted: 20:19:20 22/11/2017
Just watched the video, without audio and on my 3DS though. It was still quite blurry, but I noticed one "Skylander" on the 3rd shelf down that looked slighty blurrier than the others. Not sure if that was the one.

Yes, it certainly seemed comical, but from the general atmosphere I got from it, a "can't show kids" joke really didn't feel like it belonged there. A "kid's won't get it" joke seems to be quite common in these sorts of things (several kid's movies and shows have hidden NSFW jokes IIRC), but that's not the same thing. Besides... who the **** would put a dildo in a room dedicated to Skylanders, even if it was a joke? You'd need to be off your head to even think of that idea, let alone consider it.

It was probably something they forgot to remove, so blurred it out... no, that is even less likely. I think this was intentional.

They made this over a year ago, that is true. So it's not likely they had any specific intentions to release it then, maybe, unless Acti have been at this for a long time. Maybe they decided to make it then so some of the more "hardcore" fans might notice it.

Either way, why did they only post it to FB just recently? I think Acti was behind this. They noticed the blurred-out unannounced Skylander and thought it would make a good "leak", so they asked VV to release it to get the hype train rolling when one of the more dedicated fans (like Luminous35 and me) noticed it.

It's like that Spitfire prototype that just so happened, totally not intentional at all, to show up someplace in Mexico that I've already forgotten the name of. And all those countless other "leaks" on obscure websites and videos that I vaguely remember.

The video date is the only thing that defies my theory, but aside from that, I'd say that this is almost certainly not a coincidence. Acti don't do "coincidences", and I'm willing to bet that 90% of the "leaks" were set up by Acti. Including this one. I would have thought their workings would be obvious by now - "accidentally" show something not yet revealed, then treat it like it totally wasn't intentional. Not sure if they did anything like this with Imaginators, I can't remember that as well.

Not sure if I'm making much sense here, I'm really tired RN, but my point still stands - after that Spifire prototype, I really think this sort of thing is intentional.
---
#21 Posted: 19:07:29 24/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Just watched the video, without audio and on my 3DS though. It was still quite blurry, but I noticed one "Skylander" on the 3rd shelf down that looked slighty blurrier than the others. Not sure if that was the one.

Yes, it certainly seemed comical, but from the general atmosphere I got from it, a "can't show kids" joke really didn't feel like it belonged there. A "kid's won't get it" joke seems to be quite common in these sorts of things (several kid's movies and shows have hidden NSFW jokes IIRC), but that's not the same thing. Besides... who the **** would put a dildo in a room dedicated to Skylanders, even if it was a joke? You'd need to be off your head to even think of that idea, let alone consider it.

It was probably something they forgot to remove, so blurred it out... no, that is even less likely. I think this was intentional.

They made this over a year ago, that is true. So it's not likely they had any specific intentions to release it then, maybe, unless Acti have been at this for a long time. Maybe they decided to make it then so some of the more "hardcore" fans might notice it.

Either way, why did they only post it to FB just recently? I think Acti was behind this. They noticed the blurred-out unannounced Skylander and thought it would make a good "leak", so they asked VV to release it to get the hype train rolling when one of the more dedicated fans (like Luminous35 and me) noticed it.

It's like that Spitfire prototype that just so happened, totally not intentional at all, to show up someplace in Mexico that I've already forgotten the name of. And all those countless other "leaks" on obscure websites and videos that I vaguely remember.

The video date is the only thing that defies my theory, but aside from that, I'd say that this is almost certainly not a coincidence. Acti don't do "coincidences", and I'm willing to bet that 90% of the "leaks" were set up by Acti. Including this one. I would have thought their workings would be obvious by now - "accidentally" show something not yet revealed, then treat it like it totally wasn't intentional. Not sure if they did anything like this with Imaginators, I can't remember that as well.

Not sure if I'm making much sense here, I'm really tired RN, but my point still stands - after that Spifire prototype, I really think this sort of thing is intentional.

This is plausible. It is interesting that Acti is usually okay with leaks nowadays but hey more hype for the fans which is good
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:07:55 24/11/2017 by SkyFan91
#22 Posted: 21:49:36 24/11/2017
"oops i accidentally dropped a box containing fully-functional prototypes of five unannounced skylanders on someone's doorstep in the middle of nowhere"

-Acti a few years from now, probably.
---
#23 Posted: 00:23:54 25/11/2017
Sorry, I can only speak for myself, but I'm not feeling hyped by this thing at all.
I cannot even consider it a leak, intended or not, just overthinking a funny video.

Besides, Activision could use dozens other ways to generate hype more efficiently, if they wanted to.

Trust me, I'd be the first one to rush to whatever topic to start speculating and analize if we found out some actual leaks... I just believe this isn't the case.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#24 Posted: 01:36:16 25/11/2017
Acti's idea of "hype" is, as I said, is dropping a box containing fully-fledged prototypes of five unannounced Skylanders on someone's doorstep in the middle of nowhere. Pretty much.

Perhaps it's because the idea of such a totally not intended at all occurrence is more mysterious, and therefore more likely to gain speculation? Show the world Tree Rex, say he's bigger and stronger than regular Skylanders and can access areas regular Skylanders can't, and then it's all spelled out for you. A prototype shows up in the middle of nowhere? "Maybe the base could open up and you could put something in the base to upgrade him?", " He looks like he could be a Tech elemental, maybe there are dual elements?", etc.. Lots of discussion, and of course, hype.

Blurred out Skylander in a one-year-old video? "This could mean something, maybe they're already working on the next game?", "Maybe VV are working on this alonside TFB?", "I'm not sure..." - boom. Discussion, hype, conversation, literally everything Acti could want.

Just downright say the next game is about pets or whatever it is this time? "Hey, that's cool, now when is it released and here's my idea for the next game..."

Yes, Acti could do all sorts of things to generate hype. But putting a blurred Skylander in a photo or video is surprisingly more effective, and certainly less costly, than getting their employees to bungee jump off the grand canyon or whatever other PR tricks they could think of.

I remember something a while back, called Unfavorable Semicircle. Nobody knew what that was about, so everybody flocked to it to try and understand. What if they revealed that is was just some complicated message that just said "Hi there"? Nobody would care.

Likewise, Acti do this because they know it will bring out more conversation and therefore hype. Odd, but it works. If only they had a larger or more dedicated fanbase to keep up with their tricks, but I wouldn't want that for the mere sake of contributing to their mindgamds.
---
#25 Posted: 02:51:36 25/11/2017
I hope you are right.
I'd hate being right now, after I was wrong about Krakatoa.

I'd be more convinced if we knew a new game would eventually come out, but we aren't even sure about that.

Just to be clear, are we talking only about the blurred out black thing the guy is holding in the 3D printer room?
Or are there more blurred out things I missed?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#26 Posted: 04:03:56 25/11/2017
Quote: Drek95
I hope you are right.

I'd be more convinced if we knew a new game would eventually come out, but we aren't even sure about that.

Just to be clear, are we talking only about the blurred out black thing the guy is holding in the 3D printer room?

Ambushfan said that there was another blurred figure. I haven't looked back at the video but if there is another then we need to start looking at the bigger picture
#27 Posted: 10:11:52 25/11/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Quote: Drek95
I hope you are right.

Ambushfan said that there was another blurred figure. I haven't looked back at the video but if there is another then we need to start looking at the bigger picture

Thanks, that's exactly why I asked.
I'll try to give a better look at the video, then.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28 Posted: 11:36:19 25/11/2017
I only seen a figure that looked slightly blurrier than the rest. However, I'm viewing from my 3DS, so it's already quite blurry anyway. Hard to tell if it really was blurred out, or just my 3DS being bad as usual.

On the 3rd shelf down in the cabinet, I think. As I said, not sure if it was actually a new figure or just my 3DS being blurry. So don't get your hopes up for this one.

It might also help to look at the posters again, too. See if they match up with any we've seen before. If they don't, and/or feature characters together that haven't previously been seen together, that could be another hint. I don't see why they'd have posters of older Skylanders for a new game, but I'm pretty sure this has happened before - one of my Skylanders cases from the Giants era have artwork of S1 SSA characters on them, alongside S2 and new Skylanders.

And if they aren't posters we've seen before... then I don't see why they'd bother making new ones unless there was a purpose for it.

Of course, there's also that question we've had since the beginning. In Dec. 2016, months after SI was out and Skylanders (seemingly) on it's deathbed, why would VV still have Skylanders merch? Surely they weren't making another game if the franchise is over?

And how long does it take to make these games? Almost one year since this video (with a seemingly unannounced Skylander), giving them a full year of development next month (I know they probably don't work at Christmas, but that's not too important right now; the basic concept is the same, lots of dev time), if not now.

I reckon they started a month or two before this video was posted. However, IIRC some/most Skylanders games start development from the second game before they release (SSF during SSA, ST during SG, etc.). Can't remember the full details, but I just remembered this little fact, and dev time could say a lot about what to expect from Sky7. I think we could be getting a lot more dev time for this, given the 1-year-long hiatus, especially if TTD is right and TFB are in on this too. And that would say a lot. Maybe Acti noticed the fall in Superchargers' sales, so they did this to ensure the next game was actually something to write home about, something that really would become a modern classic like how games such as Ocarina of Time did?

As I said, I really shouldn't get my hopes up, I'm mostly sticking to the facts and the most concrete evidence I can find. But now that I think about it, I think a 1-year-long hiatus could also mean something, and TFB working together on a game that already has a longer dev time that previous Skylanders game... then that would certainly be interesting.

But let's not get our hopes up here. That last part was mostly reverie, it's the blurred figues and posters we should be focusing on now. Maybe don't focus on what sort of quality it will have until it is actually shown to us without these mindgames of theirs.

...I wonder if Acti is reading this. After all, they must have determined somewhere down the line that not giving the full picture was more effective than showing it all at once, anf I think they might have discovered that after seeing our speculation over the blurry poster for Giants. So maybe they are taking our thoughts into consideration... how many of us asked for a hiatus to get the franchise back on track?

Ah... speculation again. I don't think Acti care much about us honestly, their only target audience are the kids with the fat wallets. But if they did... or if they realized after Superchargers that they needed a change of pace...

I should stop now. I'm probably getting y'all far too hyped. I know that I'm certainly getting too hyped typing this.
---
#29 Posted: 03:41:17 07/01/2018
VV has an unannounced project with the director of Superchargers being it's lead director.

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/Har...784293814996993
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#30 Posted: 10:59:06 09/01/2018
I hope it's those Spyro remakes.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#31 Posted: 11:13:38 09/01/2018
As long as they treat them with the same passion they used for Crash, I’m all for that.

But knowing how they didn’t like the classic trilogy, I’d prefer if someone who appreciated those games handled them.

More inclined to believe it’s a new Skylanders entry, if anything, especially since TfB developed the last one.
Or something completely unrelated alltogether.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#32 Posted: 22:15:12 09/01/2018
Only two people from V.V said that...They said that they like the legend of Spyro and Sky-Spyro they said that they weren’t fans of classic Spyro they never said that they hated classic games.
#33 Posted: 23:06:53 09/01/2018
I probably don’t remember it well, but I though they were speaking for the whole team (either that or they were important members).

Sorry if I misunderstood that.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me