Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
So Rampage is getting a movie
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#1 Posted: 09:09:18 17/11/2017 | Topic Creator
So you guys know about that dumb game about mutated people that are now animals destroying **** from the 80's that got a series of games under it's belt (last so far being Rampage: Total Destruction)? The one with Gorilla, Wolf, and Lizard? Yeah someone must've decided to do a movie throw back to that because yes there's a movie coming with a Giant Gorilla, Wolf, and Lizard ripping a city apart with Dwayne the Rock Johnson. God I wish I was kidding.

Also today I learned the Wii port of Rampage: Total Destruction, had more monsters and now I am sad knowing that I grew up not knowing about it's wii port.

---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 10:11:41 17/11/2017
(harambe joke)
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3 Posted: 10:39:15 17/11/2017
I don't want this to suck so smug-people like MatPat of Game Theory could point at it to justify that films based on games can never work. The whole lack of interaction argument is utter crap. There are games with stories that can't be condensed from 8-15 hours to 2 hours but Rampage SHOULD work because it's a monster movie. How do you screw up a story with three giant monsters smashing up buildings?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4 Posted: 12:59:43 17/11/2017
Why does this look so good
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#5 Posted: 16:08:45 17/11/2017
RTD on Wii was the best, omg. I'd love another game. Maybe this'll be good for the future of the game series? I know a Kinect game was planned at one point.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#6 Posted: 20:47:00 17/11/2017
EDIT: Rewatching the trailer to see what I did and didn't enjoy. It's hard to say; I love Rampage but there's nothing I really enjoyed about the trailer. I saw the odd monster, which is cool but that's not telling me much. Or is the focus going to be on a grey ape destroying grey buildings? Some neon wouldn't go amiss.

Show me the rampage in Rampage, or at the very least some adversity (bullets pinging off of a gorrila that's bringing down entire buildings by slamming into them doesn't do much for me), then I'll consider seeing this. In the meantime, I'd rather anyone but Hollywood produced video game movies - the length could be more appropriate, casting could be riskier, the sound design would kick bottom (or at least be appropriate) and I'd find more charm in the effects than the CG I saw here.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 21:00:53 17/11/2017 by Johnbonne
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#7 Posted: 23:27:30 17/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: StevemacQ
I don't want this to suck so smug-people like MatPat of Game Theory could point at it to justify that films based on games can never work. The whole lack of interaction argument is utter crap. There are games with stories that can't be condensed from 8-15 hours to 2 hours but Rampage SHOULD work because it's a monster movie. How do you screw up a story with three giant monsters smashing up buildings?

By only giving us Monsters rampaging in a city for 10 minutes of the film. I can see that being a problem really, but it seems they are showing more and more of the monsters and the effects of the experiment pod with the Gorilla through out the film so. We're gonna get more action scenes I am sure.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
This honestly actually looks like it'd be at least a decent monster flick, ngl, so I'm kind of excited. I did like playing World Tour and Total Destruction as a kid.

Yeah, though TBH idk how to feel about the CGI. Like I don't like how you can easily see that it's CGI, that's me being nitpicky tho.
Though I wonder if they plan to do a sequel because this might work as a box office hit because monster movie, what other monsters are they gonna add in? Because through out the series they pretty much have a Rogues Gallery of crazy monsters they can use. Some of which are flat out aliens.

Quote: Johnbonne
EDIT: Rewatching the trailer to see what I did and didn't enjoy. It's hard to say; I love Rampage but there's nothing I really enjoyed about the trailer. I saw the odd monster, which is cool but that's not telling me much. Or is the focus going to be on a grey ape destroying grey buildings? Some neon wouldn't go amiss.

Show me the rampage in Rampage, or at the very least some adversity (bullets pinging off of a gorrila that's bringing down entire buildings by slamming into them doesn't do much for me), then I'll consider seeing this. In the meantime, I'd rather anyone but Hollywood produced video game movies - the length could be more appropriate, casting could be riskier, the sound design would kick bottom (or at least be appropriate) and I'd find more charm in the effects than the CG I saw here.

Well through out the film it looks Dwayne Johnson, goes to other areas because of reports of 30+ foot monsters/animals in the area thanks to the same experiment pods and tries to contain them in 1 city or something. But I will admit Chicago is not the most interesting place to smash because everyone and their grandma destroyed Chicago at some point, but it's probably another throw back because I think in almost all the games you can go to Chicago and destroy it.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#8 Posted: 01:55:14 18/11/2017
What I like is that it looks mostly action-oriented, like Kong Skull Island

Give the characters personalities and boom, perfect film
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Fayveer09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9223
#9 Posted: 17:11:01 18/11/2017
i'm surprised this movie actually exists. feels like there's been talk of this happening forever but it's actually real now.

i like the rampage games so i'm hoping this is a half-way decent video game movie for once
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#10 Posted: 22:20:47 19/11/2017
I loved the games and i think this is a fitting tribute.

Like Sess said it could be a decent monster movie, because the majority are total bleh....

I for one am looking forward to it.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me