Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > OH **** GUYS! lMPORTANT INFO DISCLOSED
Page 1 of 1
OH **** GUYS! lMPORTANT INFO DISCLOSED
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1 Posted: 17:49:40 14/11/2017 | Topic Creator
I mean, it makes sense being Illumination, but Universal also owns DREAMWORKS ANIMATION

WHY NOT DREAMWORKS?

NOT ****ING ILUMINATION!

PLEASE GOD NO!

I mean, Illumination isn't bad, I like some of their movies, Love the first DM, but STILL

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2 Posted: 18:24:55 14/11/2017
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 18:26:17 14/11/2017

- - -
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4 Posted: 18:27:17 14/11/2017
If Illumination already has a hard time creating things that don't align to an audience chart, I'm just scared what they'll do to Mario.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#5 Posted: 18:29:23 14/11/2017
I don't think it will be that bad

I mean, Mario doesn't talk, so uhhhhh
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#6 Posted: 19:23:29 14/11/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
I don't think it will be that bad

I mean, Mario doesn't talk, so uhhhhh

What? He does tho...

Also, yep, this is gonna be ****! Illumination is the WORST!
#7 Posted: 19:25:38 14/11/2017
HAVE WE NOT LEARNED OUR LESSON? ARE WE DOOMED TO REPEAT THE FAILURES OF THE PAST?
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#8 Posted: 19:35:06 14/11/2017
Yeah screw Illumination Entertainment!!!!!!!! I mean it's not like they made two of the best animated films of this decade or anything and have only made two really bad movies so far!!!!! TWO OUT OF THEIR EIGHT FILMS ARE REALLY BAD!!!!!!!

I'm not going to act like I'm not skeptical of this because this is still a video game movie but what is with this website and its hate on Illumination?
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:42 14/11/2017 by pankakesparx456
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#9 Posted: 19:37:35 14/11/2017
Holy ****, I must be really tired right now. I actually thought something serious had happened, but then realized it was a HIHD topic. I should go back to sleep.

Another Mario movie is pretty bad too, maybe just a bit below nuclear warfare in "catastrophes that could end the world". Even worse considering it's by Illumination, but hopefully there won't be any Minion cameos and we'll be fine.

Hopefully.

Or they might just do a similar thing to Mario + Rabbids and make the entire main cast Minion versions instead. God help us all.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#10 Posted: 19:37:36 14/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: pankakesparx456
Yeah screw Illumination Entertainment!!!!!!!! I mean it's not like they made two of the best animated films of this decade or anything and have only made two really bad movies so far!!!!! TWO OUT OF THEIR EIGHT FILMS ARE REALLY BAD!!!!!!!

I'm not going to act like I'm not skeptical of this because this is still a video game movie but what is with this website and its hate on Illumination?

I don't hate Illumination, in fact, I like them, but their movies then to be poor and rather plain and even on the cheaper side of production. I find it surprising that they were chosen over Dreamworks.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#11 Posted: 20:03:44 14/11/2017
Quote: pankakesparx456

Sure. Despicable Me was pretty great, but I think their films have always just been kinda boring, bland and formulaic. I don’t trust them with making a fun Mario movie
#12 Posted: 20:03:47 14/11/2017
Also, if we're hating on Illumination, I want to say that Despicable Me 2 is by far one of the worst movies I can remember watching (haven't watched any infamous ones such as Foodfight! yet). The first film was a pretty good story about a bad guy who was actually bad - although he later became good, which is where the second movie ****s itself up.

The second movie seemed to have completely forgotten that Gru was evil, and also put way to much focus on the love story between him and that other spy - resorting to love stories seems to be a common tactic when the studios realize they can't think of anything better.

And that was it. A love story, completely forgetting what made the first so unique, Gru just wasn't a villain anymore.

IIRC the Minions didn't even have much screen time except for a few scenes, even that would of been better than the pile of **** that was supposed to be about a villain-turned-good, except he was hardly portrayed as a villain now.

Speaking of Minions, I can see why people find them annoying - and if I seen any more of them, I would probably also find them annoying - but I do think they could of actually been better if done right. Give them a less one-note personality that mainly consists of saying "banana!" every few seconds as if it's the funniest joke in the world and will somehow bring world peace - which it won't, if anything, I think that's the sort of intense irritation that would make anyone resort to violence in the first place.

Let's just hope and pray that Kimmy never hears them utter that word, then.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#13 Posted: 20:10:30 14/11/2017
The problem with Illumination as of late was talked about in a recent IHE video. They haven't made anything entertaining with their art directions since DM, and Sing(and I think The Secret Life of Pets?) is especially egregious because every character is designed after an audience with the design itself as an afterthought. None of them are made to be interesting and have lasting impact, just to catch someone's attention in a trailer, usually with known voice actors.

That's.... Everything against Mario's design philosophy. Everyone is memorable, from the magikoopas to the Broodals(even if they're not interesting compared to the rest of the cast). Giving these guys the movie rights, unless Nintendo is constantly looming over them and making them get certain parts right, will get a super average movie at best(and probably less enjoyable than the original SMB movie, trainwreck or not), justifying yet another Video Game Movie Adaptation cliche to the max at worst.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:57 14/11/2017 by Bifrost
#14 Posted: 20:14:28 14/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: AmbushFan
Holy ****, I must be really tired right now. I actually thought something serious had happened, but then realized it was a HIHD topic. I should go back to sleep.

Another Mario movie is pretty bad too, maybe just a bit below nuclear warfare in "catastrophes that could end the world". Even worse considering it's by Illumination, but hopefully there won't be any Minion cameos and we'll be fine.

Hopefully.

Or they might just do a similar thing to Mario + Rabbids and make the entire main cast Minion versions instead. God help us all.

OK, that got me. That was funny.
---
#15 Posted: 20:27:39 14/11/2017
Ok, moving to actual seriousness now. I'm not sure how many people watched the video HiHD posted, but apparently Nintendo made it abundantly clear they want as much control on this as possible, which actually gives me hope that they won't let something as horrific as the past experience happen again. Like, if Illumination is mainly doing just the animation, then I don't see too much of an issue, it's just if they get into the writing.

But there's also the fact that trying to take a largely plot-less game and turn it into a feature film can be, difficult. Imo the best way to do it would be to try and adapt Odyssey's story, but even then you can run into some issues.
---
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#16 Posted: 23:15:52 14/11/2017
Hopefully the characters will have their same voice actors from the games.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
#17 Posted: 23:32:33 14/11/2017
the problem with illumination is that they run their company specifically to spend the least amount of money on possible on making the actual film, so they can easily make the budget back with ticket and toy sales. so this movie isn't being made to be good. it's being made to make illumination money.
#18 Posted: 23:41:28 14/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
the problem with illumination is that they run their company specifically to spend the least amount of money on possible on making the actual film, so they can easily make the budget back with ticket and toy sales. so this movie isn't being made to be good. it's being made to make illumination money.

This describes pretty much every major company nowadays. Nobody gives a **** if it's actually decent - as long as it makes money, it's good enough for them.

Well, besides us, we care about whether or not something is good quality. But they don't care about us - as I said, they only care about whether or not we're going to watch it.
---
#19 Posted: 00:14:33 15/11/2017

my point
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#20 Posted: 00:40:33 15/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

my point

its not your point lol
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#21 Posted: 01:07:55 15/11/2017
To each their own I guess, but aside from The Lorax and Hop(which were years ago) I fail to see how they could possibly make something offensively bad. ESPECIALLY considering how offensively bad the live action Mario movie is.

I mean yeah, I'm skeptical, it's a video game movie and those have historically fallen flat with very few exceptions(and even then, those exceptions are fine at best), but I'm not skeptical of it just because Illumination is doing it. Despicable Me is a cultural phenomenon for good reason. They had a rough start but since DM2 they haven't really made anything awful or even bad enough to warrant getting angry over.

Unless they take a direction like The Lorax or Hop, which WERE worth getting mad over, then at worst I just see this as being another mediocre video game adaptation. They'd have to really try to mess it up given their recent track record(And seeing as how Nintendo wants to be heavily involved, they would have to REALLY try to screw this up big time).
---
Cool cool.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me