Page 1 of 1
Tree Rex figure dead?
Riser Yellow Sparx Gems: 1339
#1 Posted: 23:26:18 12/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Hey there. I was going through my collection of skylanders as I was loading them into Imaginators on the ps3 version and for whatever reason when I placed Tree Rex on the portal there was no reaction from the toy. He didn't light up or be recognised by the portal at all so I'm assuming the chip in him is dead.

But i don't understand why? I don't even think I've played him much since trap team, and in the place where i kept him all my other giants characters and such still work.

I'm concerned if something similar will happen to the rest of my collection now. I imagine there is a certain 'shelf life' with these toys but this seemed premature to me. Fortunately Tree Rex seems inexpensive to replace. Might buy the gnarly variant whilst I'm at it since i have the sidekick version
---
This is survival of the fittest~
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#2 Posted: 23:36:01 12/11/2017
It’s likely the apocalypse. Run.
---
Soon.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 03:01:36 13/11/2017
Like all technology, it has a shelf life and will eventually fail. While the “date” it should have lasted til is 14-15 years out, Copies will slowly but surely start to fail. It probably won’t happened you for another few years. Thankfully, Tree Rex is one of the most common figures due to his inclusion in the starter pack. I’ve seen the portal owner pack for $10 if you still want a brand new one.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 08:18:07 13/11/2017
I was going to suggest it might have to do with temperature, but if all the other figures still work, that can't be the case. It only just occured to me now with my room getting awfully chilly, and I don't want all my books to rot or machinery to go bust. I'm honestly not too sure why they're dead, but my answer would be that it just bit the dust from old age. Was it a pre-owned figure? That might be why - the previous owner may not have looked after it well and sold it on the brink of its lifespan. Other than that, I've no idea.

While this isn't much of a solution, I would suggest buying a brand new figure - Tree Rex is as cheap as chips, and has been since the first single figures of him were being sold.
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2468
#5 Posted: 16:36:45 07/11/2018
my tree rex also died he does not work when placed on the portal but works when placed on the trap slot but i cannot recall if he lights up or not
---
my fursona is a hot dog
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#6 Posted: 07:38:08 10/11/2018
Funny I've had the ship from Pirate Seas die. And the only other character/item that's died has been one of my numerous Tree Rex's. Maybe it's just him?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 07:14:55 12/08/2019
OMG! a tree rex epidemic is happening, i gotta check my tree rex now.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me