Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Do I Try Too Hard Sometimes?
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#1 Posted: 20:25:50 12/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Like, I know that I am sometimes annoying, but okay, I'm just wondering if these happen because it looks like I try too hard? I don't really want to known as a 24/7 semi-spamming tryhard, but right now, this sort of feeling inside me is bothering me. I just want to know whether there's some aspects of me I need to improve.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#2 Posted: 20:26:47 12/11/2017
I know I do.
---
Soon.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 20:28:12 12/11/2017
You? Naaaah. Really, nope.
---
Bruh
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#4 Posted: 20:36:16 12/11/2017
I think everyone here thinks everyone here is annoying.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#5 Posted: 04:56:53 13/11/2017
I hate the phrase "trying too hard"

Why shouldn't people try hard?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Ezajium Blue Sparx Gems: 684
#6 Posted: 22:51:44 13/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan

This, probably.
And yet, a lot of us stay.
---
Just relax, and the stream of time will take you wherever you need to go. Just gently drift along with the flow and you'll be there before you know it.
#7 Posted: 23:06:22 13/11/2017
Quote: Ezajium

This, probably.
And yet, a lot of us stay.

We're all in an abusive relationship with dark52.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#8 Posted: 23:24:58 13/11/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude

Trying hard but not getting something really good out of it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#9 Posted: 23:33:38 13/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

What if trying hard is your kink? Then you're always getting something out of it.
---
#10 Posted: 23:45:02 13/11/2017

What if trying hard is your kink? Then you're always getting something out of it.

I mean like its good to try hard, but I think what OP is referring to is closer to what I described.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#11 Posted: 23:55:36 13/11/2017
What if you try hard whilst you are already hard? This adds an entirely new dimension to the ****posting meta... I should contact the tier lists immediately, this strategy could be too OP if done right.

---

I think "trying hard" always tends to refer to those who don't put any effort into getting popular (following trends, doing what everybody else is doing, trying to make everybody notice you, etc.). Those who actually come up with interesting ideas and such to get where they are, well... they don't start as much drama, so nobody cares enough to think of a term for them. They're more interested in the people who actually do try hard, then proceed to harass them and point out why they're wrong.

On this website, at least. Most other websites I've been to tend to leave them alone unless they've been particularly bad, so maybe finding new users to harass is just a dS thing.
---
#12 Posted: 00:54:39 14/11/2017
I don't think you're annoying either. As I said, everyone here thinks everyone here is annoying, it's like we're all in one big cycle of constant hate. The only times I remember seeing notable activity here is when somebody disagrees with something, and everybody joins in to give that user a "**** you" - like with ZapNorris earlier.
---
#13 Posted: 01:12:11 14/11/2017
Actually most users on here I dont find that annoying. Maybe a bit odd but not annoying.
---
#14 Posted: 01:15:47 14/11/2017
Actually most users on here I dont find that annoying. Maybe a bit odd but not annoying.

"I honestly find you quite annoying TBH"
---
#15 Posted: 01:53:33 14/11/2017

I did say most users, haha.

And even then, I still like you.

And, for the hell of it. I'd like to apologize if you're feelings were hurt last night.
---
#16 Posted: 02:02:48 14/11/2017

I did say most users, haha.

And even then, I still like you.

And, for the hell of it. I'd like to apologize if you're feelings were hurt last night.

Nah, I expected that kind of response, I actually made the topic just to add to the pile of repeated topics. In other words, I made it as a joke.

And I'm pretty sure many users find me, or have found me, annoying. Searching up my old username in search topics shows that, it seems, and I'm surprised I haven't been as hated this time.

Anyway, as you probably know by now, we both find each other annoying. Luckily it's not a hardcore hate relation that would once again lead to what happened with my old account.
---
#17 Posted: 02:09:44 14/11/2017
While I don't know your old username, I'm sure we didn't interact much and odds are I didn't hate you as well. Either way, good to see your less hated now, from what you can tell.
---
#18 Posted: 02:13:42 14/11/2017
We interacted a lot when I was new (along with three other users), and we even played SSB4 a few times. For about a month or two, then we stopped.
---
#19 Posted: 02:28:10 14/11/2017
We interacted a lot when I was new (along with three other users), and we even played SSB4 a few times. For about a month or two, then we stopped.

Ahhhh, I know who you are. It seems you wanna keep it in the dark, so I'll keep my mouth shut outta respect.
---
#20 Posted: 02:39:07 14/11/2017
I'm not that bothered about whether or not people remember who I was, but it seems like there's some sort of unwritten rule not to say my name (last time my name was mentioned, the topic was closed within an hour), so it's probably best if it prevents anymore unnecessary drama.
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#21 Posted: 04:12:01 14/11/2017

Still, shouldn't one be commended for a hard effort? sorry if the point is completely going over my head that happens a lot
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#22 Posted: 07:52:42 14/11/2017 | Topic Creator
I like that all of you are generally being real. Thank you for that.

But you know, I guess I was wondering if I was being too annoying to be tolerable. Glad that I'm not this way....albeit with a few exceptions, most notably to the one who wrote this:

[User Posted Image]

But hey, it's not like I express my love for Spyro that gives off this vibe. Really, it's just that I've had some passionate habits in the past that I feel uncomfortable with now, and sometimes there are times where almost exclusively the author of that imaged comment says that there are still hints of my old habits, and they weren't necessarily the best habits to have. I agree with the latter part of that last sentence to a high percentage margin, but as I've made efforts to improve, I also still have made unintentional new enemies because of nicknames and memes I've given that were of a very lesser extent to be malicious. Sometimes the thoughts of me being a bad person circulate in my head when I think of these things. Honestly, it makes me feel a bit better to know the comments give hints that I'm not the worst person in the world. Thank god.

Quote: Drawdler
I don't think you're annoying. You can post about stuff a lot of people won't find as funny/aren't into around here like osu I guess but you're not pushing it on anyone or spamming it or anything, so no harm done. You're good in my book.

I don't think you're annoying either. As I said, everyone here thinks everyone here is annoying, it's like we're all in one big cycle of constant hate. The only times I remember seeing notable activity here is when somebody disagrees with something, and everybody joins in to give that user a "**** you" - like with ZapNorris earlier.

Seriously, thank you. <3

But yo, HIHD, what is this?

While I don't know your old username, I'm sure we didn't interact much and odds are I didn't hate you as well. Either way, good to see your less hated now, from what you can tell.

lol, so we have another one like this? Now *I'm* curious to know their name. :rofl:
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:53:57 14/11/2017 by DS D
#23 Posted: 11:51:39 14/11/2017
As I said, I'm not so worried about it, it's more because (as I said) there seems to be some sort of unwritten rule not to mention it. I guess I must of become more annoying than I remember.

My old username was Qcumber. I'd still be on that account now, but I can't access it anymore anyway.
---
#24 Posted: 15:10:20 14/11/2017

Still, shouldn't one be commended for a hard effort? sorry if the point is completely going over my head that happens a lot

Nah, don't worry happens to me to sometimes.

Like what I mean is, like they try hard, but with out any effort or hard work put into it, almost as if their desperate.

Like when companies use memes or "hip" words like swag or something to appeal to a younger generation. Niagara Falls' mascot Totes McGoats being a prime example of it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:14:10 14/11/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
#25 Posted: 15:14:31 14/11/2017
Yeah, that's what I'd consider the definition of "tryhard". I did it a lot with my old account, no wonder people found me annoying.

Though that was only at first. I had different motives nearer the end.
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#26 Posted: 22:16:17 19/11/2017
I've been called a lot of things, so don't let it get you down.

Just be yourself and if people don't accept you, that's their loss.
---
^ You all know it's true
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#27 Posted: 01:36:04 20/11/2017
You aren't annoying to be honest.
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me