Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > pokemon ultra sun and moon were leaked
Page 1 of 1
pokemon ultra sun and moon were leaked
cookieeater Gold Sparx Gems: 2486
#1 Posted: 20:44:31 08/11/2017 | Topic Creator
thoughts?
---
my fursona is a hot dog
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 20:58:52 08/11/2017
I’m so glad I don’t care about Pokémon anymore
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3 Posted: 21:01:45 08/11/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

Tyk..

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 21:10:11 08/11/2017
They split a Platinum in two pieces even though the changes are almost entirely story and encounter table. Eh. Some of the new stuff is really cool though.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 21:15:05 08/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: TheToyNerd

Tyk..

*HIHD’s Heart snaps in two*

I’m sorry, dude! I just haven’t fully played through a Pokémon game in AGES! Initial grind always turned me off, unfortunately
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#6 Posted: 21:29:22 08/11/2017
I don't care about Pokemon USUM either. Although I like the Pokemon games I do have, it looks too similar to SM with few changes other than nostalgic references added. However, it seems that they've been doing that so long now (all mainseries 3DS games have quite a lot of throwbacks IIRC), so it's starting to lose its effect.

Even though I like the games I have, they're not games I'd consider masterpieces or ones in any of my top three/ten/whatever lists. I prefer games like TLoZ and Kirby.

Games I own (including sidegames), favourite to least favourite:
Super Pokemon Rumble Blast
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates of Infinity
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire*
Pokemon Moon
Pokemon White 2
Pokemon X

*Only mainseries game I haven't replayed. I've got most of my legends and mythics on this game, including shiny Kyogre and Groudon IIRC, and don't want to reset and lose them. Thinking of wonder trading them, but can't remember if that works with mythics, and not sure I want to get rid of them either.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#7 Posted: 16:27:40 09/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost
They split a Platinum in two pieces even though the changes are almost entirely story and encounter table. Eh. Some of the new stuff is really cool though.

because lore wise it's 2 different tellings of the same story

version 1 as 1 legendary as the legendary of the game the evil guys want to use

version 2 has the other

Also it encourages trading
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#8 Posted: 16:33:04 09/11/2017
stakataka meta 2k17
#9 Posted: 16:48:15 09/11/2017
Quote: Windumup

My point still stands. They're still expecting you to play the same game four times for the entire Gen 7 experience.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 17:14:18 09/11/2017
Own man now every time I look at the moon on the sky I see spoilers
---
Bruh
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#11 Posted: 18:23:27 09/11/2017
The new stuff they showed is cool but I can't bring myself to care much because I already played Moon
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#12 Posted: 20:22:11 09/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
gay spoilery post

Spoilers dude
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:32:20 10/11/2017 by 84skylanderdude
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#13 Posted: 23:02:51 09/11/2017
The first one was awful and they've managed to make it worse, that takes some skill.
---
^ You all know it's true
#14 Posted: 23:08:58 09/11/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Greeble
The first one was awful and they've managed to make it worse, that takes some skill.

excuse me

I refer you to the post above.
---
^ You all know it's true
#15 Posted: 23:16:52 09/11/2017

I loved Sun, don't know what you're talkin' about. :^) Much better than X/Y, imo. US/UM look pretty exciting too, at least for me.

I've played every game and they were horrible.

Even the Anime wasn't enough to save it.

I think they're struggling to come up with decent ideas.
---
^ You all know it's true
#16 Posted: 23:17:40 09/11/2017
It's bad if you played S/M fully, but by itself it's good since it added good postgame and fixed most of the lag, so if you haven't caught up better just go for USUM. My crticism is just on the split.
---
#17 Posted: 23:26:16 09/11/2017
I've played every game and they were horrible.

Even the Anime wasn't enough to save it.

I think they're struggling to come up with decent ideas.

I've also played every game and thought they were great, aside from a few small complaints here and there. You just have an awful opinion. :^)

Literally who cares about the anime, though? lol

I think S/M had great ideas. smilie

You see it that way because you have issues with anything i say, and i'm not getting into it with you.

There are fans of the anime, but you're not one of them so it doesn't matter to you.

It might have been good in theory, but not execution.

I've seen a lot of opinions that agree and disagree about the game as a whole, so not everyone is going to like it but you get that with most things.

Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon may change some opinions, but mine won't be one of them.
---
^ You all know it's true
#18 Posted: 23:33:02 09/11/2017
I think the combat system is terrible, one of the worst I've ever seen, honestly. I know it has a really big competitive scene and can be played competitively, but for most of the main games, you can just grind your Pokemon a bit, spam your strongest attacks, and win. And there are challenges such as nuzlockes too, which can also add to the challenge, but it's still pretty basic unless you analyse most Pokemon and their movesets. It's mostly the sidequests and minigames I like.
---
#19 Posted: 23:54:25 09/11/2017
Blind and semi-blind Nuzlockes are lit, if you like getting attached to pixels it's a great way to shake up a run, even in older Pokémon games. Though I'll admit to reading too much on the game on my own runs, after a semi-wipe in a blind White 2 I got too paranoid.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#20 Posted: 00:14:24 10/11/2017
Judging from what I saw. I'm actually a little let down and I am gonna try to keep it spoiler free because I did see someone play an emulation.

Like whatever is new is actually very cool. Some of the **** they thought was needed that could literally be scrapped are in and kind of taints my hopes a bit. But I am really upset with some characterization being completely tossed out window, the story seems relatively the same-ish. Like it's the same book, with new chapters, which I would not mind that at all if it was literally DLC. Game Freak pretty much said "Ah yes look at this new game!" when it's $40 of DLC really. I know they're basically in this timeline of director's cut of pokemon, but I still can't help the feel that some points were rushed with the new content. Granted they put effort in some new stuff, but still I just kind of don't like it. I adore the new things, I hate the old point for point obvious **** though (There's cutscenes that point out the obvious and it's painful).

That said, I would much rather get the game for less than $40 imo. Personally I like SuMo better, it had a interesting dynamic in enemy interactions and I just had more fun with it (even if some characters actually over stayed their welcome with me).
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#21 Posted: 00:15:26 10/11/2017
Are blind runs when you play games without any knowledge on strategies/movesets/etc prior to playing? If so, all of my runs (on any game) are like that, I always make plans as I go along. I might have a faint idea of what to do, especially if I've played the game before, but other than that I never plan anything.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#22 Posted: 00:19:40 10/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan
Are blind runs when you play games without any knowledge on strategies/movesets/etc prior to playing? If so, all of my runs (on any game) are like that, I always make plans as I go along. I might have a faint idea of what to do, especially if I've played the game before, but other than that I never plan anything.

I think that's what a Blind run is. Not entirely sure though.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#23 Posted: 00:21:25 10/11/2017
Quote: AmbushFan

Either no prior knowledge aside from trailers and stuff, or you haven't played it in so long you don't remember things like trainer placement or encounter areas. From what I've seen, semi-blind Nuzlockes use guides for small things, but they avoid anything that might remove the challenge. It's not frowned upon, I mean S/M proves why it's acceptable with so many encounters locked behind SOS or special parts of grass.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:23 10/11/2017 by Bifrost
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#24 Posted: 00:56:28 10/11/2017

I loved Sun, don't know what you're talkin' about. :^) Much better than X/Y, imo. US/UM look pretty exciting too, at least for me. Don't see how either are "awful", let alone how the latter is in any way "worse".

SM were pretty terrible though and there's enough legitimate arguments that someone is fully capable of not liking them without getting told they have an "awful opinion".

-First island treats you like a baby dragging you by the hand in a way that gets rather annoying rather fast. Opens after but still has some moments where it treats you like a baby.
-There's no national dex. So any Pokemon imported over and a number of post-game Pokemon just don't register.
-Half of the Mega Stones are missing and forced as events, while those that remain cost BP trying to make that feature seem abandoned and dead in favor of Z-Crystals and only makes it seem like the same will happen to them next gen.
-The gen 1 pandering, notably with Alolan forms was rather annoying. While Alolan forms aren't inherently terrible, it would've been nice if there was at least 1 that wasn't from Kanto.
-Nearly every main character suffers from poor writing with at least 1 major flaw that can be attributed to bad writing.
-RotomDex has a habit of never shutting up, which is terrible when he's integrated into your Dex & map. Trying to view the map gets difficult as you have to listen to his entire little speech before you can and trying to go through any menu only makes him restart his given string of dialogue from the beginning.
-Festival Plaza is a massive step backwards from PSS. When trying to trade with people in my friends list, I often have a pretty hard time trying to find the person. You also can only be online if you are in Festival Plaza and can't be online and open for trades while exploring like you could in Gen 6.
-Don't even bother with online if you have a bad connection. I understand this was to avoid an exploit that caused cloning glitches from Gen 6, but punishing players for having their internet cut-out mid-trade isn't exactly the way to go about it.
-A large chunk of Pokemon, ESPECIALLY new Pokemon in Gen 7 are locked to spawn rarities at or below 10%. Entire Pokemon lines being locked behind SOS encounters also makes trying to find new or specific Pokemon so much harder than it needs to be.
-SOS encounters in general can get annoying unless you happen to be packing a status move, or just want them to happen for shiny reasons. Rather easy to get hit unprepared and caught in a loop of battling 20+ Pokemon with only a few under-leveled 'mons. I also don't recall the game telling you that status moves can block SOS calls, ironic given this is the gen that tries to hold your hand most and tells you what moves are how effective against the enemy.
-Return of Apricorn balls from Johto was great, but why are you only given 1 of each with it impossible to gain more? These balls don't exactly have amazing catch rates and most are so stupid niche that you're rarely if ever going to use them unless you like the given aesthetic. There's no reason for you to not be able to obtain more.

Trying to compare them to XY doesn't automatically make these games amazing, that's like comparing **** with **** to find the shinier of 2 turds.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:44 10/11/2017 by Seiki
#25 Posted: 01:05:44 10/11/2017
Quote: Seiki

I loved Sun, don't know what you're talkin' about. :^) Much better than X/Y, imo. US/UM look pretty exciting too, at least for me. Don't see how either are "awful", let alone how the latter is in any way "worse".

SM were pretty terrible though and there's enough legitimate arguments that someone is fully capable of not liking them without getting told they have an "awful opinion".

-First island treats you like a baby dragging you by the hand in a way that gets rather annoying rather fast. Opens after but still has some moments where it treats you like a baby.
-There's no national dex. So any Pokemon imported over and a number of post-game Pokemon just don't register.
-Half of the Mega Stones are missing and forced as events, while those that remain cost BP trying to make that feature seem abandoned and dead in favor of Z-Crystals and only makes it seem like the same will happen to them next gen.
-The gen 1 pandering, notably with Alolan forms was rather annoying. While Alolan forms aren't inherently terrible, it would've been nice if there was at least 1 that wasn't from Kanto.
-Nearly every main character suffers from poor writing with at least 1 major flaw that can be attributed to bad writing.
-RotomDex has a habit of never shutting up, which is terrible when he's integrated into your Dex & map. Trying to view the map gets difficult as you have to listen to his entire little speech before you can and trying to go through any menu only makes him restart his given string of dialogue from the beginning.
-Festival Plaza is a massive step backwards from PSS. When trying to trade with people in my friends list, I often have a pretty hard time trying to find the person. You also can only be online if you are in Festival Plaza and can't be online and open for trades while exploring like you could in Gen 6.
-Don't even bother with online if you have a bad connection. I understand this was to avoid an exploit that caused cloning glitches from Gen 6, but punishing players for having their internet cut-out mid-trade isn't exactly the way to go about it.
-A large chunk of Pokemon, ESPECIALLY new Pokemon in Gen 7 are locked to spawn rarities at or below 10%. Entire Pokemon lines being locked behind SOS encounters also makes trying to find new or specific Pokemon so much harder than it needs to be.
-SOS encounters in general can get annoying unless you happen to be packing a status move, or just want them to happen for shiny reasons. Rather easy to get hit unprepared and caught in a loop of battling 20+ Pokemon with only a few under-leveled 'mons. I also don't recall the game telling you that status moves can block SOS calls, ironic given this is the gen that tries to hold your hand most and tells you what moves are how effective against the enemy.
-Return of Apricorn balls from Johto was great, but why are you only given 1 of each with it impossible to gain more? These balls don't exactly have amazing catch rates and most are so stupid niche that you're rarely if ever going to use them unless you like the given aesthetic. There's no reason for you to not be able to obtain more.

Trying to compare them to XY doesn't automatically make these games amazing, that's like comparing **** with **** to find the shinier of 2 turds.

You make a lot of great points.

It's a shame that the creators don't take fan feedback into account before they plan additions.
---
^ You all know it's true
#26 Posted: 04:32:56 10/11/2017
I'm hoping for a jump in quality on the Switch game similar to the jump from Skyward Sword to Breath of the Wild
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#27 Posted: 11:29:37 10/11/2017
Quote: Seiki

*snip*

You make a lot of great points.

It's a shame that the creators don't take fan feedback into account before they plan additions.

By this point, Gamefreak probably think that the best answer to their fan's feedback is to fill the game with throwbacks and references. USUM
has almost every villain from the series made into a team, and pretty much every legendary from the series also appears in Ultra Space, IIRC. Can't get much more obvious than that.

ORAS had a postgame filled with almost nothing but previous legends, XY gave Mega Evolutions to a lot of older Pokemon to put more attention on them, and in SM almost every building was built by "someone from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/etc."
and several trainers from older games appear at the Battle Tree
, along with lots of other references and throwbacks I've probably forgotten.

It's not just Pokemon that does this, but it's only Pokemon AFAIK that has been doing this for several years consistently. Recently (past year or two), throwbacks and nostalgia seem to have become more prominent. Yooka-Laylee and Mighty No. 9 were inspired by popular franchises; TLoZ: ALBW was incredibly similar to ALTTP; Fire Emblem Awakening had Einherjars of many previous characters, as well as the enire continent being based off Archanea and Valentia (kind of excusable because this was originally intended to be the last game in the series); Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors... This is how it should be done, keep the throwbacks and references for special occasions such as crossovers.

Not just videogames either, there's also the DC Cinematic Universe and Ghostbusters (I think there's another really important film I'm forgetting here) which are all based on already popular franchises or reboots. Luckily, neither the DCCU or Ghostbusters have done well.

Not sure if music has got onto this trend yet. Some bands I listen to seem to have started doing this, but since they don't have big enough fanbases, I don't think they've done it for same reasons as videogames/movies.
---
#28 Posted: 16:14:45 10/11/2017
Oh yeah, The Force Awakens was the other film I was thinking of. This one actually did really well, but personally I didn't like it - there were so many throwbacks in this one.
For example, Han Solo's death. Very similar to Obi-Wan in A New Hope.
There's a massive trench throughout Starkiller Base, and another trench run scene. Except this time it had so little focus and just felt forced because of nostalgia.
Another desert planet, used near the beginning of the film.
Another droid exactly like R2-D2.
And more.
---
#29 Posted: 17:29:41 10/11/2017
Yeah, at least TFA wasn't as bad as sand. It wasn't coarse and rough, and it didn't get everywhere.

After watching TFA, I do think TLJ will be bringing in some new ideas. TFA had enough differences from ANH, so it opens up some new possibilities that ESB couldn't do. For example:
IIRC General Hux didn't get killed, unlike that guy in ANH.
Kylo Ren has already shown that he regrets what he's done, unlike Vader, who only shown regret during RoTJ IIRC.
Rey has already shown herself as a good user of the Force, and she fought Ren better that Luke fought Vader in ESB, actually doing some sizeable damage to him instead of getting her hand cut off.
Overall, Rey, Finn, and Poe are very different to Luke, Leia, and Han.
---
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#30 Posted: 20:44:27 12/11/2017
Video game section
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#31 Posted: 00:43:43 13/11/2017
I can say with confidence that USUM had some really neat ideas, but they were very poorly executed. I realize this was Game Freak's "B-team," but that's the same team that brought us HGSS, B2W2, and ORAS. All of which I prefer over the other games in their respective generations. Like, I get Pokémon's a kids franchise, but considering they put Gens I and II on the Virtual Console, you'd think they could at least try to add a bit more of a challenge.

Oh well, I guess I'll just ROM hack this one to make it more fun. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#32 Posted: 05:07:49 13/11/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Why do people care about the Pokémon timelines much anyway? I can get liking background lore but these really aren't games that build up some kind of continuous story or lore between generations. I mean Gamefreak are pretty infamously criticised for cutting or downgrading cool features in each game, and honestly that applies to the story too. You never see older gen legends actually be plot-relevant or mentioned as important events or anything and the most you see of older characters is usually some postgame cameo role.

for fun
---
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#33 Posted: 19:22:38 13/11/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Why do people care about the Pokémon timelines much anyway? I can get liking background lore but these really aren't games that build up some kind of continuous story or lore between generations. I mean Gamefreak are pretty infamously criticised for cutting or downgrading cool features in each game, and honestly that applies to the story too. You never see older gen legends actually be plot-relevant or mentioned as important events or anything and the most you see of older characters is usually some postgame cameo role.

I’m just like “Yeah, it’s there but what about Mystery Dungeon?”
---
Soon.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me