Page 1 of 1
what I personally want to see
truegamer64 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1334
#1 Posted: 18:31:45 05/11/2017 | Topic Creator
this franchise has been ruined for me since trap team. trap team was the last game I bought, the first time I didn't complete my collection, and the next 2 games looked horrible.
if we were to get another skylanders game, here's what I want:

- swap force graphics (the best graphics on any skylanders game)
- redesigned skylander upgrade graphics from like from swap force (only swap force characters had the new upgrade graphics, add it to existing characters)
- make magic items, expansion items, battle items, traps, vehicles, and creation crystals useless. no point in dragging them out
- add more levels and characters as the game goes on. maybe after a year of the game being out add like 4 chapters and maybe 1 character per element (actually update the chapters don't require us to buy them)
- no gimmick at all. no giants, no swap force, no trap masters, no superchargers, no sensei. just new core characters
- backwards compatibility to all previous characters
- regular elemental gates, feats of strength, and areas only minis can get to
- go back to the original skylanders figure bases please for gods sake
- for the main 8 elements: 2 new core figures, 2 returning, 1 lightcore, 1 villain (villains can have the bases from imaginators)
- for light and dark: 4 new core figures, 1 returning, 1 villain
- returning characters act as they did in swap force, but can be upgraded on both paths and instead of 1 wow pow have 2

- returning characters i would want:
spyro, star strike, slam bam, punk shock, trigger happy, drobot, sunburn, smolderdash, cynder, grim creeper, flashwing, fist bump, stealth elf (would be series 4 not 5), bumble blast, pop thorn, and scratch

- lightcores:
double trouble, echo, wind up, trail blazer, ghost roaster, scorp, high five, sonic boom

- villains:
rage mage, gulper, bruiser cruiser, chef pepper jack, masker mind, cuckoo clocker (reassigned to earth element), broccoli guy, krankenstein, luminous, nightshade

- there would be no new giants, but some villains, trap masters, superchargers, and sensei would be able to do feats of strength
- this is everyone that can do feats of strength:
all giants, wildfire, ka boom, krypt king, wallop, head rush, gusto, knight light, thrillipede, nightfall, mysticat, king pen, tide pool, chain reaction, row bow, flare wolf, pit boss, tri tip, ambush, wild storm, starcast, aurora, grave clobber, gulper, bruiser cruiser, chef pepper jack, wolfgang, cuckoo clocker, krankenstein, hood sickle
This is solely based on how big the character is
- there could also be areas only small skylanders could get to. this would include
all minis

feedback below or what u want to see
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 18:38:41 05/11/2017
God no, the Swap Force upgrade graphics? Do you REALLY want this embarassment of graphic design?

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

Your other choices are alright even if I don't agree, but this one? I'd rather have bad graphics that are actually different pictures.
I can't even tell Smolderdash's attacks from one another when looking at the pictures rather than the names, it's that bad.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 18:42:09 05/11/2017
Your Swap Force graphics part makes no sense because SuperChargers is the exact same visually, but better.
---
Bruh
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#4 Posted: 18:46:28 05/11/2017
Could you explain why you want to see these things, or what they'd add to the game? For some of them, there's some decent enough reasons and make sense (character size, preferences, etc.) but not much else. For example, why not give Villains the same bases as the new Cores? Wouldn't they clash if you had 'normal' bases as well as the (often criticised) Imaginators bases? Why have four new core characters for Light & Dark when the other elements only get two?

Those're just minor gripes though. My biggest complaint with your suggestion is phasing out figures that people have bought because they're too old? Why not improve on them instead? Could you offer ideas on how to make them more fun?

As for what I want to see, just another game that expands on everything we've already got. Let us use Rift Engines to zoom around the maps, Swappers can have more stages for them, Trap Masters get bonuses from trapped enemies (should you choose to turn them in alive for a greater reward at the end of the mission), Giants can be Giant and Minis can be Minis. I'll leave the plot and other things up to whoever's in charge of my dream project. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:47 05/11/2017 by Johnbonne
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#5 Posted: 20:15:11 05/11/2017
Quote: Johnbonne

Those're just minor gripes though. My biggest complaint with your suggestion is phasing out figures that people have bought because they're too old? Why not improve on them instead? Could you offer ideas on how to make them more fun?

People want to phase out the figures because the toys-to-life genre is dying. With the deaths of Disney Infinity and LEGO Dimensions, and the huge decline of Skylanders, it's inevitable that the toys-to-life fad is dead.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#6 Posted: 21:44:39 05/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
God no, the Swap Force upgrade graphics? Do you REALLY want this embarassment of graphic design?

Your other choices are alright even if I don't agree, but this one? I'd rather have bad graphics that are actually different pictures.
I can't even tell Smolderdash's attacks from one another when looking at the pictures rather than the names, it's that bad.

bro are u kidding me the upgrade graphics from spyros adventure and giants look like it was made in the 90's

Quote: Crash10
Your Swap Force graphics part makes no sense because SuperChargers is the exact same visually, but better.

oh word then i guess those graphics i havent watched superchargers gameplay in a while i forgot it was the same graphics

Could you explain why you want to see these things, or what they'd add to the game? For some of them, there's some decent enough reasons and make sense (character size, preferences, etc.) but not much else. For example, why not give Villains the same bases as the new Cores? Wouldn't they clash if you had 'normal' bases as well as the (often criticised) Imaginators bases? Why have four new core characters for Light & Dark when the other elements only get two?

As for what I want to see, just another game that expands on everything we've already got. Let us use Rift Engines to zoom around the maps, Swappers can have more stages for them, Trap Masters get bonuses from trapped enemies (should you choose to turn them in alive for a greater reward at the end of the mission), Giants can be Giant and Minis can be Minis. I'll leave the plot and other things up to whoever's in charge of my dream project. smilie

villains get imaginators bases because what i'd like to see eventually is every villain from trap team turned into a figure. and if 10 out of all the villains have an imaginators base, it'd just be weird
4 core characters for light and dark because:
regular elements i would want 2 core, 2 returning, 1 lightcore = 5 figures (excluding villains)
light and dark only have 1 core each from trap team so if they both get reposed + 4 new core = 5 figures (each element)
this would also allow them to play catch up because they have always had less characters than any other elements. also for upcoming games would allow more core figures to be potentially reposed
also from what i've heard magic items are already killed, and they're pretty useless anyway. if i were to go buy imaginators today would i really use my magic item from spyros adventure even though I bought it with my own money? no, i don't find them fun. it was my suggestion and my opinion though, i can understand if other people want want them. battle/expansion packs are the same thing, they do just as much as a magic item
and from what i've seen on imaginators there's no slot for traps so thats gone
as for vehicles... they're pretty recent so i guess it's controversial. a lot of people hated the whole vehicle idea in the first place. i want this game to go back to it's roots, and if it did that, there would be no need for vehicles
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#7 Posted: 22:21:15 05/11/2017
Truegamer64 please do not argue and give your personal view about what you love about VV. Especially don't start saying that TFB's art sucks. Topics like these just never end well. I would know.
#8 Posted: 22:24:26 05/11/2017
Quote: truegamer64

bro are u kidding me the upgrade graphics from spyros adventure and giants look like it was made in the 90's

Literally what matters about UI graphics being new graphics

The Order is a photorealistic videogame, that doesn't mean its good
Art is as much about substance as it's quality, you can't just slap filters and call it pleasant unless it's already decent. I'd take a retro style game even if it was 'made in the 90s' if it's more memorable than some of the AAA garbage coming out nowadays.

These are great memorable ****. It's in different angles, different things happen; if you reset the character you can buy all of these without even looking at the description(even if they weren't the same upgrade path).

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

First they attack enemies. Then they snare and have a cronch. This can be remembered - and look, new graphics. VV's UI design is amazing most of the time but those upgrades in both SF and SC are not.

Quote: SkyFan91
Truegamer64 please do not argue and give your personal view about what you love about VV. Especially don't start saying that TFB's art sucks. Topics like these just never end well. I would know.

I don't even care about VV vs TFB, I've been studying way too much on game presentation I'll gladly take this argument as long as it won't get heated.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:34:03 05/11/2017 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 22:31:30 05/11/2017

I actually thought that was a compliment.
I mean, 90s rocks, right?

Seriously, though, the way characters look inside SWAP Force's upgrade tree images is debatable, the way the whole pictures look is not.
They are lazy and cheap most of the times.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#10 Posted: 22:54:53 05/11/2017
Quote: Drek95

I actually thought that was a compliment.
I mean, 90s rocks, right?

Seriously, though, the way characters look inside SWAP Force's upgrade tree images is debatable, the way the whole pictures look is not.
They are lazy and cheap most of the times.

I will admit certain characters look really weird in the upgrade tree in SF, but it wasn't something I was completely bothered by. Luckily SC fixes that since the Superchargers looked more polished in their upgrade trees : P
#11 Posted: 22:57:55 05/11/2017
Nope, some instances of SC still have the problem with ~new~ effects. It's much less common though, usually just the primary or secondary attacks. SF had as many as mostly every upgrade picture with a duplicate in a few characters(Stink gets both of his main attacks as the same model just mirrored with extra shurikens, wowie). It only changed for extra parts of the attacks or new effects entirely.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:59:11 05/11/2017 by Bifrost
#12 Posted: 23:47:32 05/11/2017 | Topic Creator

did you even read the title? "what I personally want to see" it's about my opinion. how is that arguing. oh wow the whole world doesn't have the same opinion as me i'm so shocked
#13 Posted: 23:50:58 05/11/2017

did you even read the title? "what I personally want to see" it's about my opinion. how is that arguing. oh wow the whole world doesn't have the same opinion as me i'm so shocked

No I know it's not arguing. I've done the same thing as you before and that DID NOT go well at all. TFB fans can get really defensive
#14 Posted: 00:46:58 06/11/2017 | Topic Creator
No I know it's not arguing. I've done the same thing as you before and that DID NOT go well at all. TFB fans can get really defensive

yea u right i'm getting the same vibe.. but whatever i mean i personally prefer VV graphics if other people disagree it's whatever. i don't see this going well lol
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#15 Posted: 06:00:12 06/11/2017
Quote: JCW555

People want to phase out the figures because the toys-to-life genre is dying. With the deaths of Disney Infinity and LEGO Dimensions, and the huge decline of Skylanders, it's inevitable that the toys-to-life fad is dead.

Still, I'd like my toys to see more use and if there's a way to make that non-intrusive or obligatory, it could work. I suggested it before because I've paid for my toys and haven't got a lot of use out of Gimmicklanders or traps/vehicles, so I wouldn't mind there being bonuses for people who have them.

This is a criticism I have with Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions though - without the toys feeling useful or a need to swap them out on the fly, the TTL component of the game feels pointless. smilie
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#16 Posted: 02:30:23 07/11/2017
Imaginators figures and their bases are too bulky. They need to reduce the size and cost of the figures moving forward.

You have your timeline spot on though. I own all six, and post swap force, gameplay was sacrificed to push the gimmick. The figure gimmick of swap was completely skipable if playing 2 player.....the way it should be. Playable Villians needs to be minimized moving forward. It was a failed experiment that has sacrificed story and development of the villians themselves in an effort to give us more PCs limited game value, yet a significant Money suck.

In general, some keys points have been hit on in the thread: stop pushing the gimmicks and continually limiting gameplay. I think the fanbase wants to get back to the core skylander experience we loved in the first three games. Just simplify, focus on gameplay, and up the number of game sells and stop trying to create a money sink. 5 million games sold with only an average of 4 extra toys per copy is better the 1 million games sold with 15 extra toys per copy. And for those quick to say “it’s obvious they know this” Trap Team and Imaginators with the gimmicks choking out content show that’s not how they have been approaching it.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#17 Posted: 16:13:04 07/11/2017
Gameplay was sacrificed to push the gimmick in Swap Force as well dude.
#18 Posted: 17:22:15 07/11/2017

yea u right i'm getting the same vibe.. but whatever i mean i personally prefer VV graphics if other people disagree it's whatever. i don't see this going well lol

Agreed. Your opinion is just that. It should be heard. I’m overall annoyed that some of the elitists act like VV hasn’t brought anything to the series and everything good was TfB. But some of it is just mental gymnastics. We should be pushing for the best of both worlds and acknowledge the VV has surpassed TfB in putting together larger “playgrounds”, treating Villians with more respect, and maintaining balance. As Bifrost has showcased, TfB has better presentation on upgrade path powers. This was partially due to the obnoxious amount that the swappers required (VV made their bed though. They needed to sleep in it) with split halves.

But now I spinning off. Once your opinion. Accept the fact it’ll be criticize. Everyone realize that both companies have brought good stuff to the table
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#19 Posted: 17:28:01 07/11/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
Gameplay was sacrificed to push the gimmick in Swap Force as well dude.

Gameplay had problems in areas, but in the case of Swap Force, very little of those problems were gimmick imposed. The big one could be argued it hurt to have attack buttons split into two different upgrades pools, but you could also claim that’s makes them more customizable and gives more options if done correctly.

And one things for sure: it didn’t impact the amount of content.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#20 Posted: 17:38:42 07/11/2017
okay first of all, don't listen to skyfan91. his opinions are invalidated automatically.

second.. keep tfb's graphics.
#21 Posted: 17:44:34 07/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
okay first of all, don't listen to skyfan91. his opinions are invalidated automatically.

I am holding an L to you bruh
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#22 Posted: 17:58:05 07/11/2017

... don't make me post the group chat screenshots, kid.
#23 Posted: 18:00:35 07/11/2017

... don't make me post the group chat screenshots, kid.

Those are past irrelevant. But aight I'll end it here.
#24 Posted: 18:18:50 07/11/2017
The upgrade pictures for TFB games are all screenshots with new filters and effects though, except maybe SSA which seems to paint over the particles. If VV wanted, they could've done upgrade pictures with different poses by taking more screenshots in a debug room :I But idk how they were actually done, it might've been just inexperience with the engine at the time so they used what they had instead. Always gotta keep in mind that we don't know how most of a game is developed until someone explains it (which usually isn't done because gamers like to think they're being 'cheated' if devs use QoL tweaks).
---
#25 Posted: 23:21:19 07/11/2017
The upgrade pictures for TFB games are all screenshots with new filters and effects though, except maybe SSA which seems to paint over the particles. If VV wanted, they could've done upgrade pictures with different poses by taking more screenshots in a debug room :I But idk how they were actually done, it might've been just inexperience with the engine at the time so they used what they had instead. Always gotta keep in mind that we don't know how most of a game is developed until someone explains it (which usually isn't done because gamers like to think they're being 'cheated' if devs use QoL tweaks).

Let’s put it this way: If VV told me the upgrade pictures were slapped together thinking they’d be visited later, but ran out of time because they were concentrating on more arenas, I’d have no problem with that.
---
#26 Posted: 00:07:50 08/11/2017
I wouldn't either. But then that'd be more reason to not want them back; it'd be not intended : P
---
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#27 Posted: 12:52:15 08/11/2017
What I would want from future Skylanders games
  • Some more Series 2's, 3's and 4's
  • Some more playable villains
  • Imaginators still useable
  • PVP Battle Mode
  • Just, just a new game, please. I don't care if there is a gimmick or not this time.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:53:06 08/11/2017 by SkylandrPurists
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#28 Posted: 15:47:15 08/11/2017
• I would rather have re-imagined characters instead of series x...I still want to see Roller Brawl turn into a bat , Hex using more spells , Spyro using elemental breaths , Pop Fizz having more potions , Jet-Vac getting wings , Stealth Elf useing multiple weapons and etc. I don’t .

• More imaginators parts would be nice TBH especially from V.V so we’ll get the chance to see how different their parts are going to be from TFB’s

• PVP is essential Witch !!

• Have the villains that haven’t turned to the good side escape cloud cracker prison and team up with some of VV villains then reveal a huge new villain that controls the others.

• Battle arenas and Survival mode pleaaaase.

• A little house for my Skylander that I can decorate...at least I’ll be able to do something with massive amount of money I have.

• A better version of the M.A.P + NPC Skylanders.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#29 Posted: 17:45:19 08/11/2017
I would rather have brand new characters with similar concepts to already exsisting ones, but with unique and original twists to them, or even simply unlock new attacks virtually without requiring new purchases (I understand the last option is wishful thinking, and Activision would do everything in its power to monetize on new powers).

They could use the lack of a release this year, and potentially the following one, as an excuse to explain why certain characters who trained a lot now have new abilities.

I will not shell out more money for new versions of characters I already own, no matter how they call them and how much different they are.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:45:59 08/11/2017 by Drek95
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#30 Posted: 09:58:16 15/11/2017
all I want is:

a good, fun game with more focus on lore & gameplay than on another new gimmick
worthwhile use for all our older toys ( including magic items, location pieces battle items & vehicles...Traps are debatable though :/ )
new content added via patch or fair priced expansion rather than just expensive packs for 1 level
no lame racing or PVP please...racing is fine in it's own spin-off though ( 3DS Superchargers Racing is a really good Mario Kart type game )
no locking areas behind new toy paywalls....this greedy bs has ticked me off since TT
path-switching
in-game shops to spend excess gold in
NO POINTLESS MICROTRANSACTIONS FFS
playable Eon ( come on, we all want to kick some butt with his beard-fu moves )
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me