Page 1 of 1
Xbox Backwards Compatibility
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 20:40:40 03/11/2017 | Topic Creator
https://xbox.uservoice.com/for...y=Skylanders%20

Please vote for Backwards Compatibility for Skylanders on the Xbox One. Even if you aren’t an Xbox guy or don’t own the 360 versions, this is a step in the right direction to show that people still want to play their Skylanders. Don’t sell those figures just yet.....vote them in to be played again!!
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
CakeMc Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2 Posted: 20:45:06 03/11/2017
This is something that most likely will not happen, you need a Xbox 360 portal to play the Xbox 360 Skylanders games, the Xbox One only supports Xbox One Peripherals. I can only imagine them releasing them as a Remaster, but not in the near future.
---
Kaos - The Master Of All Battle Classes
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 20:47:07 03/11/2017
Link doesn't work, either way. It's linking to the shortened version of the URL.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#4 Posted: 20:55:10 03/11/2017
Post the correct link please <3
#5 Posted: 01:03:59 04/11/2017 | Topic Creator
https://xbox.uservoice.com/for...y=Skylanders%20
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#6 Posted: 01:17:00 04/11/2017 | Topic Creator
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas

Try this if the other didn’t work.

And there are 4 games that were released on the Xbox One, including the game this forum is in. There are plenty of peripherals available to play all 6 games on Xbox One.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#7 Posted: 07:26:03 04/11/2017
Quote: CakeMc
This is something that most likely will not happen, you need a Xbox 360 portal to play the Xbox 360 Skylanders games, the Xbox One only supports Xbox One Peripherals. I can only imagine them releasing them as a Remaster, but not in the near future.

This, unfortunately. No point in making the games compatible with XBone since it won't work with the required peripherals.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it happen. But remaster is the only feasible solution here.
#8 Posted: 12:14:59 04/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Again, 66% Of Skylanders games were released on the Xone. As long as you have ANY portal, Giants and Spyro’s Adventure will be playable on the system. Quite espousing this non-sense.
---
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#9 Posted: 13:31:46 04/11/2017
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Again, 66% Of Skylanders games were released on the Xone. As long as you have ANY portal, Giants and Spyro’s Adventure will be playable on the system. Quite espousing this non-sense.

No they won't
The 360 BC ONLY emulates the software part, not the hardware side, it CAN NOT read the USB ports (or any other hardware accessory, which is why if you look in the BC part of their forum, the likes of Disney Infinity, various singing games, Rock Bands, even the 360 Kinect games have had their topics closed with "Team Xbox (Admin, Xbox) responded
Because this solution is a software-only emulation, titles that require a hardware accessory are not part of this feature."
And that's not to mention the whole "360 portal only works on 360, XOne portal only works on XOne" thing.
#10 Posted: 14:04:47 04/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: bisylizzie

No they won't
The 360 BC ONLY emulates the software part, not the hardware side, it CAN NOT read the USB ports (or any other hardware accessory, which is why if you look in the BC part of their forum, the likes of Disney Infinity, various singing games, Rock Bands, even the 360 Kinect games have had their topics closed with "Team Xbox (Admin, Xbox) responded
Because this solution is a software-only emulation, titles that require a hardware accessory are not part of this feature."
And that's not to mention the whole "360 portal only works on 360, XOne portal only works on XOne" thing.

Except IT DOESNT NEED TO!!!! You use the portal from the Xbox One version of the games to load the Skylanders to play the 360 versions. Just like you use the Xbox One controllers to play 360 games.

The Xbox One portals read all figures already. It’ll work if the game is available and you have an “Xbox One” portal. You guys are talking about using a 360 portal. Get over it and get an Xbox one Portal. There are plenty out there.
---
#11 Posted: 14:30:04 04/11/2017
You're asking for compatibility work from a company that won't even renew one of Netflix's most popular kids' shows because they want it to die that much.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#12 Posted: 14:38:55 04/11/2017
Thanks for sharing the links, I've voted but I feel it's going to be in vain. I just can't see either Activision or the development houses wanting to go ahead even if it gets a large number of votes.... votes which have been accumulating from 2015 and we can't be sure if voters would still be interested in that.
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#13 Posted: 14:43:11 04/11/2017
I'm a PS4 guy soooooooo yea no.
#14 Posted: 19:14:49 04/11/2017
Like others have said. Xbox One Portals WILL NOT WORK!!! Xbox 360 BC ONLY emulates the software part, not the hardware side, so the Xbox One Portals will NOT work, neither will the 360 because Xbox One doesn't support 360 hardware
---
#15 Posted: 19:28:18 04/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Like others have said. Xbox One Portals WILL NOT WORK!!! Xbox 360 BC ONLY emulates the software part, not the hardware side, so the Xbox One Portals will NOT work, neither will the 360 because Xbox One doesn't support 360 hardware

That doesn’t make any sense, and seems like a lame excuse people are just regurgitating. If that were the case, no game would accept Xbox one controllers. You are blurring together info by people wanting to port things like Rock Band over while using their OLD peripherals. I think folks are “crossing the streams” in their assumptions with how that works.
---
#16 Posted: 19:29:16 04/11/2017
Ok, then tell me, did you play TT on X360 with an Xbox One portal/TT X1 with an Xbox 360 portal and did it work? Yes or no. If no, then it'd take effort from Acti, and they won't give a sweatdrop of effort to this franchise anymore.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:30:43 04/11/2017 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 01:13:59 05/11/2017

That doesn’t make any sense, and seems like a lame excuse people are just regurgitating. If that were the case, no game would accept Xbox one controllers. You are blurring together info by people wanting to port things like Rock Band over while using their OLD peripherals. I think folks are “crossing the streams” in their assumptions with how that works.

I am aware of how the backwards compatibility program works. Let me rephrase it. Xbox One Controllers work with the Xbox 360 games, but not any other peripherals. I can confirm this by contacting Xbox Support if you would like?
---
#18 Posted: 03:43:38 05/11/2017 | Topic Creator
I think the more pressing matter is get the vote tickets to 2500 for both SA and Giants. Nothing will get done if there is not enough demand. Even if it didn’t happen, they’d know people wanted it and could possibly look at putting pressure from their side.

And for those blaming Activision, any peripheral nonsense is 100% on Microsoft. You can take a Wii Portal and plug it in to a PS4 and it will work (at least some do for some games). Xbox has been particular with their game peripherals as they are a bigger money maker then any individual game.
---
#19 Posted: 05:45:44 05/11/2017
I think the more pressing matter is get the vote tickets to 2500 for both SA and Giants. Nothing will get done if there is not enough demand. Even if it didn’t happen, they’d know people wanted it and could possibly look at putting pressure from their side.

And for those blaming Activision, any peripheral nonsense is 100% on Microsoft. You can take a Wii Portal and plug it in to a PS4 and it will work (at least some do for some games). Xbox has been particular with their game peripherals as they are a bigger money maker then any individual game.

I think the reason 360 peripherals don't work on the Xbox One is due to security (So I've heard). I voted on SA and G Backwards compatibility regardless, you never know, something could come from this, very small chance but not impossible
---
#20 Posted: 02:07:14 07/11/2017 | Topic Creator
It’s not even just a “get to play the games on your Xbox One” type deal. The fans need to use every outlet available to get another Skylanders game rolling (hopefully get back to the basics and not continuing this gimmick/power ramp garbage).
---
#21 Posted: 08:41:45 07/11/2017
We've tried already. But turns out we're not the target audience, and the games aren't selling. If kids aren't making as much money as possible for the series, we don't matter - or worse, to the publishers it's our fault. Such is having a franchise with Acti, just replace kids with teenagers for the rest.
---
#22 Posted: 23:34:38 07/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
We've tried already. But turns out we're not the target audience, and the games aren't selling. If kids aren't making as much money as possible for the series, we don't matter - or worse, to the publishers it's our fault. Such is having a franchise with Acti, just replace kids with teenagers for the rest.

You have the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies which really only appeal to children. And then you have the MCU which is enjoyable for the entire family. This is where they should look moving forward. Skylanders can keep the “safe” mantra in tact for kids while understanding keeping the adult and “aging to teen” gamers satiated and drawn to the game is a positive. Pokémon is a premium example of a franchise that just focuses on improving the look and quality of the game, while keeping it simple with mods to the basic formula.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#23 Posted: 08:42:17 12/11/2017
Xbox is probably the worst place to push for anything Skylanders related. The Xbox audience just isn't into cartoony family friendly games.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#24 Posted: 11:51:47 12/11/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Muffin Man
Xbox is probably the worst place to push for anything Skylanders related. The Xbox audience just isn't into cartoony family friendly games.

If you look at the sales numbers, they were getting better and better as the series went on. It’s this type of foolish, stereotypical thinking that caused Activision to give Xbox the finger with SC. That’s when the sales numbers shot back over to Nintendo, the system where the game didn’t look gorgeous, unlike the PSbox.

If they treated that gaming community with an iota of actual respect, and acknowledged that’s where the majority of their growth was through their first 3 games, the dumpster fire might not be AS bad.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#25 Posted: 18:12:24 12/11/2017
Indeed, arbitrary opinion is arbitrary.

I only know 4 people in person other than myself who play Skylanders games, but 3 of the 4 are on Xbox. (The other one was 3DS and now Switch.)

And of course, I play on XBone.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:53 12/11/2017 by McMurderpaws
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#26 Posted: 06:32:54 14/11/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

If you look at the sales numbers, they were getting better and better as the series went on. It’s this type of foolish, stereotypical thinking that caused Activision to give Xbox the finger with SC. That’s when the sales numbers shot back over to Nintendo, the system where the game didn’t look gorgeous, unlike the PSbox.

If they treated that gaming community with an iota of actual respect, and acknowledged that’s where the majority of their growth was through their first 3 games, the dumpster fire might not be AS bad.

The sales may have been growing on Xbox, but how did the overall numbers compare between all three consoles? I'm curious to see these sales figures.

All the same, though, Xbox has put way less effort into catering to family audiences than Playstation and Nintendo have. Their biggest games that they almost always focus on are shooters or realistic sports or racing games. And it's noteworthy that they are the only one of the big three consoles to never have any kind of exclusivity with anything Toys to Life related (Nintendo has their own amibo line as well as a crossover with Skylanders, while Playstation had exclusive starter packs for Disney Infinity, Skylanders, and Lego Dimensions).

I just don't think it's likely that Xbox is going to prioritize making Skylanders games backwards compatible.
---
Boop me if you see this.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#27 Posted: 17:05:24 15/11/2017
i was gonna vote but they want me to make an account for microsoft, so i cant be arsed... sorry guys i tried.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me