Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Even though I'm allowed to like FFXIII...
Page 1 of 1
Even though I'm allowed to like FFXIII...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 00:31:51 21/09/2017 | Topic Creator
..., my experience will always be hindered by the majority consensus as forums, professional game journalists, popular YouTubers and other Internet-personalities cemented FFXIII as a crime against nature. Next time I play XIII, it won't be fun as it should be or rather it will be less enjoyable for me because I'm always thinking about what others say.

However because of recent events, there are worse things to side with or defend than some empty linear spectacle.

Who else here is my side of losers and weirdos who like XIII?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:47 21/09/2017 by StevemacQ
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 00:36:40 21/09/2017
I think you've just summed up what it's like to be a Skylanders fan, holy ****!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#3 Posted: 00:43:53 21/09/2017
I like the characters, I like the story. I mostly enjoy the game, but the level system of the Crystarium annoys me to no end. Otherwise I like it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#4 Posted: 00:45:20 21/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Well ToyNerd, I did enjoy Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure well enough Giants was even more fun but I couldn't keep up with the yearly releases. Even I'm not a fan, I would like to see it get another chance in 2018.

Sesshomaru75, your comment is merely a slap in the face compared the years of stab-wounds I've felt after defiantly entering FF fandom in the worst possible time.

I'm just having one of these days again, it take a while but I'll move eventually before I relapse from future FF retrospectives.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:30 21/09/2017 by StevemacQ
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#5 Posted: 01:22:33 21/09/2017
why do you let other people online decide whether you can like something? how can you like anything?
Spellslamzer75 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1333
#6 Posted: 01:31:43 21/09/2017
I also liked FFXIII. It may have not been super amazing, and it certainly has its flaws, but it really wasn't the apocalyptic disaster of a video game that many people act like it is.

At least the game itself works properly, and isn't an unplayable glitchy mess.
---
Strength, courage, and evil
#7 Posted: 01:36:27 21/09/2017
Quote: Big Green
why do you let other people online decide whether you can like something? how can you like anything?

I mean, for me it's an anxiety thing. It's incredibly stupid, I know, but I hate feeling like an outcast and not having people to talk to about certain things. I feel silly enjoying something that's been universally panned like that because I start to think is something wrong with me and my tastes?
#8 Posted: 01:44:12 21/09/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

I mean, for me it's an anxiety thing. It's incredibly stupid, I know, but I hate feeling like an outcast and not having people to talk to about certain things. I feel silly enjoying something that's been universally panned like that because I start to think is something wrong with me and my tastes?

Screw the haters, embrace your inner hipster and enjoy the fact that only you like it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#9 Posted: 01:55:46 21/09/2017
Quote: Seiki

Screw the haters, embrace your inner hipster and enjoy the fact that only you like it.

I guess. Again, I like talking about the things I enjoy with other people. It's very difficult to talk about something only I like.
#10 Posted: 01:56:44 21/09/2017

I guess. Again, I like talking about the things I enjoy with other people. It's very difficult to talk about something only I like.

That's what the voices in your head are for.
---
#11 Posted: 02:12:57 21/09/2017

Those usually tell me I'm stupid for liking certain things anyway.

Sorry if I seem stubborn on this issue, I've just been told so many times that nobody gives a crap about X or Y. Made me feel self-conscious about my tastes and causes me anxiety sometimes
#12 Posted: 02:16:53 21/09/2017

Those usually tell me I'm stupid for liking certain things anyway.

Sorry if I seem stubborn on this issue, I've just been told so many times that nobody gives a crap about X or Y. Made me feel self-conscious about my tastes and causes me anxiety sometimes

It's fine. I'm only being about half-helpful anyway.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13 Posted: 02:17:04 21/09/2017
I got used to this after I became a loner. If I tell nobody about the stuff I like, I won't take the risk of people bashing on it or whatever, right?
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 02:20:45 21/09/2017
But, being a loner makes me feel... lonely
#15 Posted: 02:21:56 21/09/2017

You get use to it. Not exactly a good thing, but you do.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 02:22:22 21/09/2017

That's the best part believe me

That said, I'm only saying this on a real life contest. The internet is a much better place to talk about whatever you like, if you know the right places. Research is essential.
---
Bruh
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#17 Posted: 02:26:24 21/09/2017

I'm literally the same way. It's dumb, irrational, and frustrating, but it's hard to shake off the notion that people will think less of you for liking something unpopular. A few things in my case come to mind unrelated to fandoms, but it's the same idea. It's just something we need to work through and hopefully be able to move on from, if only a small degree at least.
#18 Posted: 02:31:35 21/09/2017
Quote: Waaksian

I'm literally the same way. It's dumb, irrational, and frustrating, but it's hard to shake off the notion that people will think less of you for liking something unpopular. A few things in my case come to mind unrelated to fandoms, but it's the same idea. It's just something we need to work through and hopefully be able to move on from, if only a small degree at least.

Like many of my other emotional issues, this will probably only go away with time. A long, painful amount of time.

EDIT: Sorry for kinda taking over the thread with my BS
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:36:41 21/09/2017 by TheToyNerd
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#19 Posted: 06:31:04 21/09/2017
Basically me and Gates to Infinity.
---
Soon.
#20 Posted: 22:36:15 26/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Jirard. I've officially relapsed again.

When I saw Jirard's DEFEND IT! episodes on DmC and Skyward Sword, I could tell he was being earnest and sincere. But I feel like he's being ironic with Final Fantasy XIII, especially with Jesse Cox, who uses his popularity and influence to make hate towards XIII far more known.

I wish I could start a career, maybe even a thesis on why Final Fantasy XIII isn't bad but I don't have the equipment or confidence to become a YouTuber plus I hate the sound of my own voice.

I pray to God this is the last time I have to do this.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me