Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Purchasing assorted games/game lots in bulk
Page 1 of 1
Purchasing assorted games/game lots in bulk
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 02:47:37 17/09/2017 | Topic Creator
A kind-of silly and underrated topic about purchasing video games in bulk

I've been looking into collecting games under a budget, and I've read that there is more value when it comes to purchasing preowned/loose video games in bulk. Has anybody ever tried buying games in bulk at fair prices? I checked eBay, which I have never shopped at, but I'm planning to try it one day and purchase such lots. I mean it's kind of thrilling because you never know what you're going to get, kind of like trading cards. Of course, I'm aware you may get the same game, I have several uses for them if that's the case.

Is it a good and affordable option? Have you done bulk-purchases? Is it worth it?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#2 Posted: 13:28:42 17/09/2017
I'm not sure this counts because it's digital, but I often use Humble Bundle for a lot of purchases on PC. Pay what you want, choose where the dosh goes to and which tier of games/content you desire. Humble Monthly on the other hand is a little less appealing because of the hidden contents; for about £7 a month/$12 US you can get a selection of random games, but I only recommend that if the 'early unlock' is what you want. Otherwise, why pay £7 when there's an abundance of other bundle stores that give you more (and with greater certainty) for less?

Unfortunately bulk buying isn't common where I live. Car boot sales start as early as 4AM and finish before 10, with people swarming newly parked vehicles like locusts asking for stuff before a table's set up with goodies. If you manage to get to one in time, bulk purchases are still rare because people love to hoard their goods and won't barter under any circumstances. The same with stores, even charity shops or local game stores. Unless you're a regular customer and bring them a lot of goods for credit in return, you're not likely to be able to buy bulk.

Having said all that, I've got some good deals thanks to CeX's sometimes erratic pricing, and eBay's joblots have some corkers - I've bought massive amounts of tat just to get a single game that's worth the price of the entire lot. PS1 games are good for that, so too are Warhammer books when I can find the oldies.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:32 17/09/2017 by Johnbonne
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me