Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
important rant
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 22:37:15 16/09/2017 | Topic Creator
okay mini rant here

i absolutely hate it when sitcoms have a character playing video games and then they do THE THING

YOU KNOW

THE THING

WHERE THEY DON'T EVEN PLAY THE GAME REALLY

THEY JUST MASH THE BUTTONS SO THAT IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE "GAMING"

AND THE GAME IS JUST SOME WARPED PERCEPTION THAT SOME OLD PEOPLE CAME UP WITH BECAUSE THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT VIDEO GAMES

SO THEN THE KIDS ALL LIKE "YEAH i LEVELED UP NEW HIGH SCORE!!!11!!"

AND THERE ARE JUST LASER BLASTS AND SCORING SOUNDS THAT SOUND LIKE THEY CAME FROM AN ARCADE CABINET

LIKE WHY IS THIS SUCH A CLICHE IN TV SHOWS

IT'S LIKE HOW ONE CLICHE FOR KIDS' ROOMS HAS A GLOBE IN THE ROOM BUT LITERALLY NO ONE YOU KNEW IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ACTUALLY OWNED A GLOBE IN THEIR LIFE AND IF THEY DID THEY PROBABLY WEREN'T COOL ENOUGH FOR ANYONE TO KNOW THEY HAD A GLOBE IN THEIR ROOM IN THE FIRST PLACE

sERIOUSLY GUYS THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT KEEPS ME UP AT NIGHT THIS INFURIATES ME SO MUCH WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A SHOW WHERE A KID IS PLAYING GAMES AND IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THEY'RE HAVING A SEIZURE

yes this deserved its own topic do nOT FIGHT ME ON THAT
---
Cool cool.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:32 16/09/2017 by pankakesparx456
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#2 Posted: 23:16:58 16/09/2017
It's amusing but it's probably just another one of those Hollywood kind of things where it makes sense to film it like that but doesn't reflect reality. Someone calmly sitting there only pushing buttons sometimes doesn't look as intense as someone mashing buttons
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#3 Posted: 23:21:33 16/09/2017
I actually use to own a ****ing globe as a kid.........

It was buried so deep in my closet and never used. I eventually just got rid of it earlier this year.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 00:36:09 17/09/2017
Ironically, I see video game adaptations kinda doing the same.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#5 Posted: 01:40:19 17/09/2017
If you think hollywood gaming is bad, stay FAR away from TV news where they try to be hip and cool with the kids to talk about games. LoL is exactly like soccer, every cool game nowadays is mobile(notice the contradiction) and let's bring up in every article that the reporter couldn't be assed to learn a thing about games and they're still "in the Atari era" so it's ok if they get every single piece of info wrong.

The ONE time someone actually tried to put effort into gaming news and articles in Brazil, I think he lasted a total of 2 ok attempts until the higher ups forced him to talk to actors and **** who are completely clueless.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#6 Posted: 22:28:17 17/09/2017
On the radio sometimes I hear them talking about 90's music and then play a 1-Up sound effect from Super Mario.
---
Soon.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#7 Posted: 22:39:42 17/09/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark
On the radio sometimes I hear them talking about 90's music and then play a 1-Up sound effect from Super Mario.

I think they need to understand music a little better.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me