Forum

Poll

Favourite Spyro the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Ōkami HD Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & PC
Page 1 of 1
Ōkami HD Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & PC
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5481
#1 Posted: 14:40:27 15/09/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

This critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 classic - originally remastered for the PlayStation 3 - will be re-released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC (via Steam) on December 12th this year.

This remaster will support 4K resolution, as well as provide both widescreen 16:9 and original 4:3 aspect ratios.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions will be getting a physical release as well.

- - -

Personally I'm very happy about this. I didn't play the game when it first came out, as I only got to play the original remaster on PlayStation 3, but I immediately fell in love with the game when I first started playing it.

Normally I probably wouldn't want to buy it again, if only because the point seems kind of mute, but 4K resolution in addition to a physical release is enough to get me excited.
---
The weather will never stop my drip
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 15:14:23 16/09/2017 by Sesshomaru75
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4684
#2 Posted: 15:09:54 15/09/2017
Well i got hyped for a second. Sucks its not coming to Switch.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 8694
#3 Posted: 18:19:01 15/09/2017
I still have my original copy from 2006 and I actually like the lower definition because it makes me feel like I'm looking at an old and weathered sumi-e.

Still love this game to death and I'm interested to see how it looks on PC.
SuperSpyroFan Platinum Sparx Gems: 6289
#4 Posted: 09:30:56 16/09/2017
Never heard of this game before. Looks interesting though.
---
I think I must be the minority who isn't effected by the motion blur in Reignited.
#5 Posted: 15:09:28 16/09/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Cover art for physical copies.
---
#6 Posted: 21:52:08 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Now that the game is out, am I the only one that finds it really odd that it's come out on literally everything except the Nintendo Switch? (Or, at least, that they haven't announced a Switch version yet?)
Like, the original game was already ported to the Wii, and both the Joy-Cons and touch screen would be perfect for using the Celestial Brush. Plus, even the PS3 remaster supports the PlayStation Move controller. (Not sure if the PS4 version does, though)

I'm probably getting the PS4 version for Christmas, but I'd buy a Switch version in a heartbeat. (Well, if I had a Switch, that is smilie)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:06:10 18/12/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#7 Posted: 22:07:10 18/12/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Now that the game is out, am I the only one that finds it really odd that it's come out on literally everything except the Nintendo Switch? (Or, at least, that they haven't announced a Switch version yet?)
Like, the original game was already ported to the Wii, and both the Joy-Cons and touch screen would be perfect for using the Celestial Brush. Plus, even the PS3 remaster supports the PlayStation Move controller. (Not sure if the PS4 version does, though)

I'm probably getting the PS4 version for Christmas, but I'd but a Switch version in a heartbeat. (Well, if I had a Switch, that is smilie)

Maybe pull a Bayonetta 2 like on Wii U?
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#8 Posted: 22:12:09 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Maybe pull a Bayonetta 2 like on Wii U?

That's possible, I suppose. Capcom would be stupid to not release it on the Switch at some point, but, then again, this is Capcom that we're talking about. *rolls eyes*
---
#9 Posted: 22:21:19 18/12/2017
More like Crapcom amirite?
---
#10 Posted: 22:46:52 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator

lel

Then again, I have to wonder why they're even bothering to re-release the game yet again even though every version so far has always been a commercial failure... Like, the game is amazing, but it seems a little odd.
Perhaps they have the same mindset they had when releasing the Wii version, which was basically that the game need only sell as much as the previous version to be considered successful?

There's great potential for the game to sell well this time due to it being on nearly everything instead of just one console, especially with it on PC. (And if it were to actually end up on the Switch as well)

- - -

I also wonder if they're re-releasing it for the same reason they were re-releasing some of the older Resident Evil and Mega Man games (And they also appear to be doing with Devil May Cry), which was to hint at a new game.

Kamiya did say back at E3 2016 that he had ideas for an Ōkami 2 and Bayonetta 3, and the latter is being made, so a true sequel could be a possibility, I guess?
Granted Bayonetta 3 is by PlatinumGames and being published by Nintendo, not Capcom, but Kamiya has wanted to work with Capcom on multiple projects for quite a while.

That, and Capcom could always hire PlatinumGames to do it if they really wanted to make a sequel. *shrug*

Edit: It also seems that Kamiya had a wolf t-shirt during the interview I linked, and he used it to hint at his next project. He basically did the Phil Spencer/Shawn Layden gimmick of using a t-shirt to tease for the next game, so...
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 23:07:01 18/12/2017 by Sesshomaru75
#11 Posted: 23:28:51 18/12/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75

lel

Then again, I have to wonder why they're even bothering to re-release the game yet again even though every version so far has always been a commercial failure... Like, the game is amazing, but it seems a little odd.
Perhaps they have the same mindset they had when releasing the Wii version, which was basically that the game need only sell as much as the previous version to be considered successful?

There's great potential for the game to sell well this time due to it being on nearly everything instead of just one console, especially with it on PC. (And if it were to actually end up on the Switch as well)

- - -

I also wonder if they're re-releasing it for the same reason they were re-releasing some of the older Resident Evil and Mega Man games (And they also appear to be doing with Devil May Cry), which was to hint at a new game.

Kamiya did say back at E3 2016 that he had ideas for an Ōkami 2 and Bayonetta 3, and the latter is being made, so a true sequel could be a possibility, I guess?
Granted Bayonetta 3 is by PlatinumGames and being published by Nintendo, not Capcom, but Kamiya has wanted to work with Capcom on multiple projects for quite a while.

That, and Capcom could always hire PlatinumGames to do it if they really wanted to make a sequel. *shrug*

Edit: It also seems that Kamiya had a wolf t-shirt during the interview I linked, and he used it to hint at his next project. He basically did the Phil Spencer/Shawn Layden gimmick of using a t-shirt to tease for the next game, so...

Hmmm, interesting. Bayonetta 3 is likely closer to the end of development, I'd assume later in 2018. Okami 2 for late 2019, perhaps?
---
#12 Posted: 23:50:54 18/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Hmmm, interesting. Bayonetta 3 is likely closer to the end of development, I'd assume later in 2018. Okami 2 for late 2019, perhaps?

Yeah, I'd imagine that Bayonetta 3 would be 2018 at the earliest, and, assuming they are making a sequel to Ōkami, Ōkami 2 would probably be 2019 at the earliest.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:24 18/12/2017 by Sesshomaru75
Ice Dragoness Platinum Sparx Gems: 7022
#13 Posted: 19:24:50 22/08/2018
Okami HD has now been released on Switch and a First 4 Figures PVC has been revealed!

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Note the final version won't lean so much.
---
★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5408
#14 Posted: 12:38:48 24/08/2018
Anyone know if the Switch version is the bad Wii port or did they port over a good one this time for a Nintendo console? I'll totally buy this game a third time if it's a good port.
#15 Posted: 18:17:50 24/08/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Anyone know if the Switch version is the bad Wii port or did they port over a good one this time for a Nintendo console? I'll totally buy this game a third time if it's a good port.

It's the same version as the others (Just mildly downgraded, if at all), not the Wii one.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me