Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Academy Cynder
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 23:51:07 14/09/2017 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image][User Posted Image]
Think Spyro is the only purple-skinned, wisecracking, devil-may-care dragon in the Skylands? Well, actually he is. But there’s also Cynder, an ambitious, violet-scaled dragon who arrived at the Academy with a mysterious past that she refuses to talk about. Maybe it has something to do with how preternaturally talented she is in the dark arts, with awesome—and sinister—powers like her spectral lightning and shadow dash. Or how she’s always taking those weekend trips down to the Underworld. Until the Skylanders can get to the bottom of what’s really driving Cynder, she’s content to be the brooding ying to Spyro’s carefree yang, adding a much-needed edge to the Skylanders’ fight for good.
From the Netflix page.

---

Don't know if you guys have seen it yet. Sorry if you have though!
She looks so much better in the show than in the games!
Hype.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 23:55:25 14/09/2017
Yup, it's on the Academy sub-forum. I guess I should suggest you to discuss about it there.
---
Bruh
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 00:03:08 15/09/2017
Well, for overall reactions from the greater fandom, it fits here too.

Love her design way more than DOTD Cynder and regular Skynder, that's for sure. I have minor complaints there and there, but you can see a lot of personality in her shape and it looks like her animations will look pretty good because of her snake body.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#4 Posted: 00:23:05 15/09/2017
For once I actually don't mind it that much,it's rather nice looking.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 00:52:15 15/09/2017
I really like how she's not just a female Spyro, but has a rather unique design and most likely personality.
She seems a bit more energic than her canon counterpart but they already confirmed she will still be "darker" than the rest of the cast.

I wonder how they'd treat Nightfall...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#6 Posted: 18:31:13 15/09/2017
Cynder is one of my favourite dragon Skylanders so I like that they are making her a main character for the show. I wasn't sure about her redesign at first but I think it will grow on me.
I'll probably get some hate for saying this but I don't know why Sprocket is being made a main character. I've always found her overrated but I'll give her a chance for the show.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#7 Posted: 19:35:04 15/09/2017
Some characters seem to be picked by what part of the plot they can fill(Ka-Boom as a bouncer comes to mind), so she's probably there for that but also working with her whole canon personality of treating heroism like any other job.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:21 15/09/2017 by Bifrost
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#8 Posted: 21:30:41 15/09/2017
Like DOTD teen Cynder more as Academy teen Cynder....
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#9 Posted: 22:27:07 19/09/2017 | Topic Creator
You can see her in the new trailer.

I know this is prolly in the Skylanders subforum, but just for the sake of me and everyone else who doesn't frequent it I'll post it in this thread too.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#10 Posted: 05:10:36 20/09/2017
But... Why is Spyro surprised/excited she's a dragon? Didn't we see Flashwing in Episode one? She's a type of dragon. And what about all the other Dragon Skylanders like Blades, Whirlwind, Spotlight, and Blackout? Trap Masters already exist in SA and the last two were introduced in Trap Team, so shouldn't they have been off camera somewhere? Spyro should already know there are other dragons in Skylands is what I's saying.
#11 Posted: 12:16:57 20/09/2017
I think Spyro is just excited to see a dragon that looks like him. Flashwing is made of crystals and, if the backstory is still there, comes from outer space. Other dragons either aren't a thing in the show canon, or are retired Skylanders, or are woring far from the Academy.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#12 Posted: 12:44:13 20/09/2017
She looks animated much better.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Blayze Gold Sparx Gems: 2299
#13 Posted: 09:37:49 22/09/2017
LOOKS CUTE
---
I'm wearing lots of belts..... for no reason at all ~Jinx
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me