Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Nintendo Direct General Discussion Topic
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Nintendo Direct General Discussion Topic [STICKY]
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#201 Posted: 11:33:15 06/09/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75

It sucks, but honestly I'm glad they did it

I'm honestly just disapointed cause I have nothing to look forward today
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#202 Posted: 23:47:15 06/09/2018
I don't really understand why they delayed it tho
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#203 Posted: 23:54:32 06/09/2018
Quote: Grizzle

[User Posted Image]
- - -
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3248
#204 Posted: 23:58:45 06/09/2018
So now the question is
when will the direct be moved to?
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Shiny Shellos caught 5/1/2022
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#205 Posted: 00:05:24 07/09/2018
Quote: somePerson
Quote: Grizzle

[User Posted Image]
- - -

But does the direct come out of hokaido?
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#206 Posted: 00:13:19 07/09/2018
It's common in Japan to delay events whenever a disaster like this happens. Japan has a far more collective culture than most Western countries. Even if the disaster did not affect anyone at Nintendo directly, a delay is absolutely to be expected.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#207 Posted: 00:29:16 07/09/2018
Also, at least one dev team is in Hokkaido. It's not just about the respect, they have to know how the families are doing before doing anything "celebratory", which is something japan is VERY much against when a large disaster happens.

Joe Merrick also said something in a deleted tweet that might mean it was EVEN MORE too soon than just a direct, but in case it spoils a reveal:

He said the direct would have something themed after a disaster - unclear if it'd be smash news or pokémon news, but either way, they had even more reason to cancel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:30 07/09/2018 by Bifrost
#208 Posted: 00:59:45 07/09/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Also, at least one dev team is in Hokkaido. It's not just about the respect, they have to know how the families are doing before doing anything "celebratory", which is something japan is VERY much against when a large disaster happens.

Joe Merrick also said something in a deleted tweet that might mean it was EVEN MORE too soon than just a direct, but in case it spoils a reveal:

He said the direct would have something themed after a disaster - unclear if it'd be smash news or pokémon news, but either way, they had even more reason to cancel.

But how would Joe Merrick know about that?
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#209 Posted: 01:55:48 07/09/2018
Dunno, I saw it on a reddit post. He does have press info but he could've been just speculating and it was taken out of context.
---
#210 Posted: 02:11:04 07/09/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
So now the question is

The earliest I'd say is this weekend, latest is probably next month

Probably depends on if anything else happens
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#211 Posted: 04:16:30 07/09/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
So now the question is

The earliest I'd say is this weekend, latest is probably next month

Probably depends on if anything else happens

there was some splatoon stuff planned tonight that has now been moved to the 13th in internal game data

Quote: NintendoEverything
OatmealDome, known in the Splatoon 2 scene for datamining and uncovering all sorts of information about the game, has noticed that the Ranked rotation pool with Starfish Mainstage that was supposed to start on September 7 has been removed. All current rotations are preset until September 14 as well. Finally, the Salmon Run gear planned for September 7 has been moved to September 14. In other words, everything originally planned prior to tomorrow has been bumped back exactly one week.

still speculation but maybe next week :o
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#212 Posted: 14:19:28 12/09/2018
Direct announced for Thursday (tomorrow). Saw it on Twitter.
#213 Posted: 16:36:32 12/09/2018
Great, I have a doctor's appointment at 4:40

And I can't watch on my chromebook because my school blocked every single video on youtube

I'm screwed and I'm gonna be spoiled for what happened, YAY!!!!

(Actually, is it possible for someone to PM me the direct after it's done)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:10 12/09/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#214 Posted: 17:28:57 12/09/2018

And I can't watch on my chromebook because my school blocked every single video on youtube

i gotchu
ill send u the link to the direct and you can rewind it, that way you even avoid youtubers putting things like "GOKU WALUIGI SMASH CONFIRMED??" in their thumbnails
#215 Posted: 18:02:45 12/09/2018
Quote: Vespi

i gotchu
ill send u the link to the direct and you can rewind it, that way you even avoid youtubers putting things like "GOKU WALUIGI SMASH CONFIRMED??" in their thumbnails

Thank you mate

Also, Goku Waluigi best anime
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#216 Posted: 21:45:22 12/09/2018
Oi. Enough's enough.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#217 Posted: 05:26:00 13/09/2018
Yay Direct tomorrow
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#218 Posted: 12:00:09 13/09/2018
I'd probably exepect something on the Yoshi Yarn game, a smash bros announcement cause, duh, and well

That's it, everything else is unknown
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#219 Posted: 13:40:51 13/09/2018
I'd probably exepect something on the Yoshi Yarn game, a smash bros announcement cause, duh, and well

Yoshi's World we already know the name.
Smash Bros announcement is definite
And Splatoon 2 event info (goes live today)

Im predicting
Overwatch
PUBG
Zelda the Phantom Curse
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
#220 Posted: 14:57:48 13/09/2018

Yoshi's World we already know the name.
Smash Bros announcement is definite
And Splatoon 2 event info (goes live today)

Im predicting
Overwatch
PUBG
Zelda the Phantom Curse

that’s funny
ill eat my switch if that’s true lmao

Wants
-Snake amiibo
-FE Three Houses gameplay
-Bandana Waddle Dee for Smash, Octoling Echoes
-Splatoon update (known)
-Diablo III release date (EDIT: Nov. 2)

Expectations
-Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 release windows
-Isaac or Geno in Smash, Shadow and Ken Echoes
-Yoshi’s Crafted World (basically known)
-Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (known)
-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered (known)
-Civilization 6 (known)
-Something Labo

EDIT: k well thats one down
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:33:50 13/09/2018 by Vespi
#221 Posted: 15:10:18 13/09/2018
Expectations:
Yoshi's Crafted World
Civilization 6
Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition

Wants:
Chandelure(Don't judge me) or Bandana Dee in Smash
NSMBUD
(I'll update this later because I have 2 min of class left)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#222 Posted: 17:22:29 13/09/2018
Wants:
Animal Crossing
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (Remake or new game, just gimme my slick and 4k ultra hd kecleon shop music
Skull Kid in Smash (everyone else I want more is unreasonable)

Not much else really.
---
Soon.
#223 Posted: 21:57:45 13/09/2018
THREE MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's GO!

My final FINAL prediction, Gen 4 remakes
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#224 Posted: 22:41:27 13/09/2018
What a waste of a direct
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#225 Posted: 22:43:22 13/09/2018
ISABELLA IS IN SMASH, ANIMAL CROSSING 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Insane! Absolutely insane
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#226 Posted: 22:52:27 13/09/2018
tom nook was robbed
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5357
#227 Posted: 22:52:50 13/09/2018
WRONG MYSTERY DUNGEON THIS FEELS LIKE A KICK TO THE CROTCH

ANIMAL CROSSING IS GOOD THOUGH

yelling
---
Soon.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#228 Posted: 23:07:57 13/09/2018
This is the first Direct I'm salty after, because of the Mystery Dungeon stuff. Yes, this is a remaster of a Mystery Dungeon not developed by Spike Chunsoft, but it still disappointed me.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#229 Posted: 23:18:17 13/09/2018
VIII and XIII will come to the Switch in 2019, so why announce them a year before their 20th and 10th anniversary respectively?

With VII coming to the Switch, I hope Sephiroth becomes a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. As for assist trophies...

• Chocobo
  • Moogle
  • Tonberry
  • Kain Highwind
  • Kefka
  • Tidus
  • Lightning
  • Noctis
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#230 Posted: 23:27:38 13/09/2018
Im so disappointed in the Splatoon update. So today we're only going to get 4 new weapon kits and Starfish Mainstage should be going back into the rotation soon. The Splatfest changes are odd, but I guess it'll be nice since Splatfests will be the only new thing to look forward to after October.

The stage shown off in the Direct is being added in October and it's the final stage to be added in the game. There's another Kensa Collection then as well, with presumably new kits for the Brella, Splatling, and Slosher. New weapons will continue to December and then it'll just be Splatfests until next July. There's apparently a new sub and special weapon thrown in October's patch as well.

But that's it? I have to start paying for all of my disconnects and communication errors and I have basically no incentive to pay for it? I can understand that sounding a little selfish but I mean, people are already on the fence about the Online, and some people will only be paying it for Splatoon.

I was expecting some big send off kind of thing for 4.0, but it looks like it's just less content than there was in 2 and 3.0. The new stage looks nice, and Im excited about the new sub and special, but this game has been such a big part of life that if it's ending I'd want it to go out in style. I assume the final Splatfest will be something big, maybe Off the Hook vs the Squid Sisters?

I just... I'm immensely disappointed and my day is ruined. How is someone supposed to want to pay for the Online if one of the most popular games to use it is dying out a few months after? I think I'm skipping out on the year subscription and just subscribing until January.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#231 Posted: 23:47:26 13/09/2018
Isabelle?

That's gonna be a big "meh" from me, lads.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#232 Posted: 23:53:08 13/09/2018
It felt a little indifferent about this one

For one thing, the announcements such as Luigi's Mansion 3, Isabelle for smash, and Animal Crossing on Switch, were nicee

But there was like, wayyyy too much final fantasy

I was mainly surprised by the price of the online services, only $20.00 for a year? That's a lot better than I expected.

Granted, i'd prefer if the Online wasn't payed at all, but still, nintendo continues to surprise me
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#233 Posted: 00:25:57 14/09/2018
this wasn't it, chief
#234 Posted: 00:46:19 14/09/2018
Why are people complaining about how the ghosts in the new Luigi's Mansion look too cartoony? Did they actually play the original Luigi's Mansion, or are they just saying that to look their opinion is better
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#235 Posted: 00:56:57 14/09/2018
Why are people complaining about how the ghosts in the new Luigi's Mansion look too cartoony? Did they actually play the original Luigi's Mansion, or are they just saying that to look their opinion is better

They're not cartoony, the complaint is that they're just a simple design. the first Luigi's Mansion had a whole family of ghosts with unique designs.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#236 Posted: 00:58:34 14/09/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

They're not cartoony, the complaint is that they're just a simple design. the first Luigi's Mansion had a whole family of ghosts with unique designs.

No, I don't mean those

I mean the regular ghosts, like this guy

[User Posted Image]
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#237 Posted: 01:05:49 14/09/2018
Dark Moon was full of this ghost, just with different colors or size(there are exceptions). People liked the original enemies more because, not just the portrait ghosts had all unique designs, even the regular enemies all had interesting shapes.
---
#238 Posted: 01:07:15 14/09/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Dark Moon was full of this ghost, just with different colors or size(there are exceptions). People liked the original enemies more because, not just the portrait ghosts had all unique designs, even the regular enemies all had interesting shapes.

Alright, I see what you mean now

I was just confused, cause these guys are quite similar to most of the ghosts in Dark Moon and the ones we recently saw
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#239 Posted: 02:16:18 14/09/2018
i was kind of indifferent towards this direct but there were a number of cool things i enjoyed:

-ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH BAYBEE
-isabelle deserved her spot, im proud of her
-im pumped for the katamari remaster and the kirbys extra epic yarn
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#240 Posted: 08:11:39 14/09/2018
My thoughts:
- I predicted that Isabelle will be revealed as a Smash fighter as well as an announcement of a new AC game.
- I didn't expect all those FF games to get ported to Switch. As a fan of Mystery Dungeon style games, I'll be getting Chocobo's Dungeon.
- I also didn't expect Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn. I've always wanted to play that game, so I'll be getting it.
- Yoshi's Crafted World looks cute.
Looks like 2019 is gonna be a good year of gaming. smilie
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#241 Posted: 13:17:04 14/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Pretty underwhelming imo but still some pretty cool stuff. Luigi's Mansion 3 was probably the highlight for me, and considering we just got a whole Smash direct I'm surprised we got anything Smash at all tbh. Still, Isabelle being in the game is great and I don't really care for Animal Crossing but a new Animal Crossing game is still pretty hype.
---
Cool cool.
#242 Posted: 13:48:20 14/09/2018
I feel as if the Luigi's Mansion 3 ghosts are just placeholders, not only do their animations appear way too stiff for a game so far in development, they also appear way too much, like, there wouldn't ever be 5 of the same ghost in one room

So I'm guessing those are just Placeholders for later

I'll put my full thoughts on the direct at a later time
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#243 Posted: 13:58:00 14/09/2018
I feel as if the Luigi's Mansion 3 ghosts are just placeholders, not only do their animations appear way too stiff for a game so far in development, they also appear way too much, like, there wouldn't ever be 5 of the same ghost in one room

So I'm guessing those are just Placeholders for later

I'll put my full thoughts on the direct at a later time

I doubt they're placeholders, they're new ghost designs, why make a few design for just a placeholder? And I'm sure their animations will be polished, no doubt.

As for the last part, how too many ghosts, since when that was ever set in stone? They could easily add more ghosts than usual in a room if they wanted to.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#244 Posted: 18:20:26 14/09/2018
Alright, thoughts time(Also, I'm only referring to the new info stuff, not like Super Mario Party or stuff they just talked a bit on)

Luigi's Mansion 3:I still stand by the ghost designs not being final, but even if they aren't I don't care, the game looks fun and so does next year, just in general(Also Polterpup is ****ing beautiful)

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn:(Jon works for Nintendo Confirmed) But yeah, this was a neat little surprise, and I'm sure my friend will be extatic cause he loves this game

Mario+Luigi Bowser's Inside Story+Bowser Jr's Journey:OMFG DID YOU GUYS SEE THOSE NEW CHARACTERS!!!!

Luigi's Mansion(3DS):I like the whole Co-op thing and the amiibo functions, it really makes this feel like a more definitive version of the game. Also note how they only showed 3 of the 4 amiibo functionality

Yo-Kai Watch Blasters:I'm not really a fan of Yo-Kai Watch, so I'm not getting this, but it looks pretty neat

Ultimate Bundle:IDGAF

Final Fantasy:Okay, so, I might play like 2-3 of these, but like, there were WAAAAYYYY too many games shown off, still neat you can play a ton of FF games on the switch

Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon:EveryBuddy:Yes, yes yes yes yes YES!

Civilization VI:Never played it, not interested either

Asmodee Digital:BORING

Yoshi's Crafted World:Okay, I see why they delayed this, the game looks, sounds, and is just so much better. Also there is something oddly adorable about a Yoshi riding a Yoshi.(ALSO DID YOU SO THOSE WEIRD TENTACLE THINGS THOSE WERE SO CUTE!!!!!)

Daemon X Mochina:I probably won't get this game, but honestly it looks pretty cool

Cities: Skyline:BORING

Town:I really hope they keep that title, it's just hilarious, but I'm not sure, the combat looks so, weird. Glad to see Game Freak is trying something new(Even though they've done it before)

Katamari Damaci ReRoll:YES YES YES YES

New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe:Honestly, this looks really freakin good, NSMBU is probably the best New Super Mario game, since it's the most new of all the games, also good job confirming Peach is just a transformed Toad

Cap-Com Beat Em's Up Bundle:Sucks AVP couldn't make it, but copyright exists

Mega Man 11:I love the new bosses, but their names kinda suck, Bounce Man, Block Man, Blast Man, IMPACT MAN?! Can't wait for Thanks Man in Mega Man 14

Mario Tennis Aces Updates:MY BOIS SHY GUY AND PETEY!!!! YAAAASSSSS

Splatoon 2 Update:I don't really play Splatoon, and honestly, this isn't gonna change that

Nintendo Switch Online:Eh, but the Price is pretty good, granted I'd prefer if It didn't exist but hey

Isabelle In Smash:YES YES YES YES YES YES

Animal Crossing Switch:Yeah! Despite what you guys might think from yesterday's Discord, I really love Animal Crossing! Happy to see it coming to Switch

I'm still hoping for another Wario Land game
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:39 14/09/2018 by King-Pen Krazy
#245 Posted: 01:53:30 15/09/2018
I just realized that yesterday also had a direct last year

Nintendo planned this from the start
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#246 Posted: 23:26:29 12/02/2019
we're back boys

https://twitter.com/NintendoAm...321632456040448
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#247 Posted: 00:25:51 13/02/2019
Stuff I wanna see:
-3D Kirby
-amiibo TTL (or similar)
-More Disgaea ports
-Persona 5 port
-Another Smash newcomer (but please not a FE rep dammit)
-Captain Toad 2
#248 Posted: 00:34:03 13/02/2019
FE3H news

ALL MY YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#249 Posted: 01:37:33 13/02/2019 | Topic Creator
F - Z E R O F O R T H E L O V E O F G O D

realistically tho I'm hoping for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Joker gameplay for Smash and that's about it
---
Cool cool.
First | Previous | Page 5 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me