Forum

Poll

Did you take part in the Spyro and Friends Grand Prix?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic V4: SwSh Release November 15th! - Dexit Talk Now Banned.
First | Previous | Page 54 of 64 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 63 64
Pokémon Topic V4: SwSh Release November 15th! - Dexit Talk Now Banned. [STICKY]
Vespi Yellow Sparx Gems: 1300
#2651 Posted: 05:32:40 11/07/2019
[User Posted Image]
- - -
---
(◕︿◕✿)
I am Groot. (*I Guardians of the Galaxy 23:48*)
KrystalLBX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1518
#2652 Posted: 12:20:59 11/07/2019
Quote: Vespi
[User Posted Image]
- - -

tyranitar isnt even that tall
---
Calling all the undead slayers
emeraldzoroark Gold Sparx Gems: 2658
#2653 Posted: 12:31:52 11/07/2019
Quote: KrystalLBX
[User Posted Image]
- - -

tyranitar isnt even that tall

He is, actually. At 6' 7", Tyranitar should pretty much tower over a child.
---
This avatar will be a reminder of my ultimate goal.
Even if I can’t bring it to Gen 8.
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#2654 Posted: 14:11:20 11/07/2019
It's not even a problem if Tyranitar is short, it should at least be consistenly short.
---
I do art!
IF YOU HAVE TO ASK, IT'S TOO LATE
#2655 Posted: 14:17:38 13/07/2019
Btw some news on the Sword/Shield Models

these models are brand new
more specifically
every model in sword/shield is being built from scratch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:46 13/07/2019 by KrystalLBX
#2656 Posted: 14:27:25 13/07/2019
weird how they’re remaking assets they already have
---
#2657 Posted: 14:37:11 13/07/2019
Quote: emeraldzoroark

When they were transfering the models over to SS, it didnt work right so they had to rebuild them.

Not only that, but the dynamax models arent just size up the model and add the clouds seen during dynamax so they also need to program all those models.

Now imagine we have about 1000 pokemon in sword shield.

That's quite a lot, and puts more reason to limit how many pokemon will be in gen 8's dex other then the ones state before (Game balance, appreciation of the pokemon in the dex, and so on)
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 8657
#2658 Posted: 15:05:57 13/07/2019

When they were transfering the models over to SS, it didnt work right so they had to rebuild them.

Please do not refer to the games using the initials of one of Hitler's major Nazi paramilitary groups.

Stick to SwSh, please and thank you.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:13 13/07/2019 by HIR
#2659 Posted: 15:15:13 13/07/2019

Not only that, but the dynamax models arent just size up the model and add the clouds seen during dynamax so they also need to program all those models.

That's quite a lot, and puts more reason to limit how many pokemon will be in gen 8's dex other then the ones state before (Game balance, appreciation of the pokemon in the dex, and so on)

Ok the remaking 1000 models thing in a short amount of time would be a valid argument... if we were actually getting patches or the whole dex back in Gen 9. But we know we aren't so it still feels lazy. And data storage isn't an issue since the switch is much more powerful than the 3DS.

Game balance isn't a legitimate argument either. Removing things to balance the game is rarely a good idea. If anything, it means more people will be using the same Pokémon on their teams. If they balanced their game properly (like how they nerfed Gale Wings in Gen 7) it wouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, appreciation of the dex is very subjective. Many people have old Pokémon they love and want to appreciate them.
---
#2660 Posted: 15:22:05 13/07/2019
Quote: HIR

Please do not refer to the games using the initials of one of Hitler's major Nazi paramilitary groups.

HGSS also
but that's kind of an overreaction, more then 1 thing can have the same initials.

Ok the remaking 1000 models thing in a short amount of time would be a valid argument... if we were actually getting patches or the whole dex back in Gen 9. But we know we aren't so it still feels lazy. And data storage isn't an issue since the switch is much more powerful than the 3DS.

Game balance isn't a legitimate argument either. Removing things to balance the game is rarely a good idea. If anything, it means more people will be using the same Pokémon on their teams. If they balanced their game properly (like how they nerfed Gale Wings in Gen 7) it wouldn't be a problem.

Lastly, appreciation of the dex is very subjective. Many people have old Pokémon they love and want to appreciate them.

We may get over 60 percent of the overall dex, in Sword and Shield.

"Removing things to balance the game is rarely a good idea"
Removing threats from the meta to introduce new ones or allow others to shine when previously they couldnt.

Also you'll appreciate the ones that were able to make it in, because they are among the options of pokemon to use on your journey.
Imagine all your favorites got wiped (unlikely) except one. You'll quickly use it and appreciate it even more because it was able to make it to Galar.

the dex is pretty cluttered, and that makes it harder for game balancing.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:51 13/07/2019 by KrystalLBX
#2661 Posted: 15:25:53 13/07/2019
K then

Use SWSH so we aren't talking about Soulsilver.
---
#2662 Posted: 15:39:02 13/07/2019
Quote:
the dex is pretty cluttered, and that makes it harder for game balancing.

Gamefreak could just look at stuff like smogon to see what people are saying are overpowered or underpowered and buff/nerf accordingly.

Less=/= more
---
#2663 Posted: 15:43:07 13/07/2019
Considering they already lied about high quality animations, balancing, and "some pokémon wouldn't fit in Galar's habitats", it's entirely posible they're also lying about this, considering a) they didn't make these models, Creatures Inc did, why would they lose that code if it's not stapled to a 3DS and b)datamining shows PLGO has the exact same models as SM/USUM and they wouldn't make exact identical stuff if they had no reference point.
---
I do art!
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5916
#2664 Posted: 16:17:36 13/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Don't derail this topic with this whole argument again, please.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 5719
#2665 Posted: 16:43:55 13/07/2019

C'mon HIR, this is reaching beyond belief, and you know it. The Pokemon fandom has used SS for SoulSilver for years (and in this topic and the 3 previous Pokemon topics), and the Zelda fandom has used SS for Skyward Sword for years. Chevrolet uses the SS initialism for their Super Sport line (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Sport_(Chevrolet)).

It would be like asking Porsche to not use the 911 moniker for the Porsche 911/Turbo after September 11th, 2001. That would be a dumb request in my estimation.

Not everything revolves around Hitler.

Also yeah, stop derailing.
---
"If Jesus showed up now, he'd be in jail by next week"
Motörhead - Brave New World - Hammered (2002)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:47:41 13/07/2019 by JCW555
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4495
#2666 Posted: 23:19:22 13/07/2019

Knowing how exporting and recycling game assets works, unless GameFreak is just really bad at their job and asset management, that sounds like a horrible lie. At the very least, they should have all of Kanto's 151 from Let's Go ready to go and any of those being cut is unnecessary.

And yeah, you could just size up the model, run a modifier to up the polycount a bit to correct for the bigger size potentially leading to things looking more rough and low quality, then add in the clouds which they should be recycling and only have had to make once. This is something that could be done really quick for a single Pokemon. If they can program a way to automatically upscale & subdivide the mesh, it could probably be done in-engine with only needing to program a set of the special effects for it to overlay.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2667 Posted: 06:27:08 14/07/2019
Quote: Seiki

Knowing how exporting and recycling game assets works, unless GameFreak is just really bad at their job and asset management, that sounds like a horrible lie. At the very least, they should have all of Kanto's 151 from Let's Go ready to go and any of those being cut is unnecessary.

And yeah, you could just size up the model, run a modifier to up the polycount a bit to correct for the bigger size potentially leading to things looking more rough and low quality, then add in the clouds which they should be recycling and only have had to make once. This is something that could be done really quick for a single Pokemon. If they can program a way to automatically upscale & subdivide the mesh, it could probably be done in-engine with only needing to program a set of the special effects for it to overlay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokem...eveals_all_old/
---
#2668 Posted: 08:07:36 14/07/2019
hey krystal fun question: when are you gonna realize that a multi-billion dollar corporation can be criticized for its mistakes and doesnt need people on the internet white knighting for them
---
(◕︿◕✿)
#2669 Posted: 17:57:52 14/07/2019
hey krystal fun question: when are you gonna realize that a multi-billion dollar corporation can be criticized for its mistakes and doesnt need people on the internet white knighting for them

Mistakes as in plural mistake?
Cuz only 1 mistake so far
[User Posted Image]
And even that one, I could see it getting cooler when it evolves if it does evolve.

edit
Someone was complaining about Lapras not making ripples when it swims and how fake the water looks
Here's an alligator swimming gracefully like that Lapras, notice the water and the lack of major ripples
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:35:02 14/07/2019 by KrystalLBX
HeyitsHotDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 5101
#2670 Posted: 18:28:23 14/07/2019

[User Posted Image]
And even that one, I could see it getting cooler when it evolves if it does evolve.

edit
Someone was complaining about Lapras not making ripples when it swims and how fake the water looks
Here's a crocodile swimming gracefully like that Lapras, notice the water and the lack of major ripples

Gamefreak's attention to accuracy is almost unrivaled, thanks for showing me this, Krystal.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#2671 Posted: 18:34:05 14/07/2019
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

[User Posted Image]

edit
Here's a crocodile swimming gracefully like that Lapras, notice the water and the lack of major ripples

Gamefreak's attention to accuracy is almost unrivaled, thanks for showing me this, Krystal.

Hey you're welcome, and tbf I was kind of seeing fake water in games. Sure blue is commonly seen as the "water color" in games, but our oceans only look blue because it reflects the sky.
---
TheFlyingSeal Platinum Sparx Gems: 6120
#2672 Posted: 18:40:51 14/07/2019
That alligator is definitely still making pretty big ripples. That's actually how you spot the difference between a log and a gator in the first place, is if it makes ripples.

It's physically impossible to move through water without creating noticeable ripples, and that's what people have criticisms about. All the past Pokemon games, even the first ones with EXTREMELY limited graphics capabilities, showed some sort of ripples:
[User Posted Image]

I personally can't find the Lapras animation, but I'm sure it's a detail they're gonna fix once the game's in the polishing process.
---
There's a light that shines, and it's power is mine. Though our body is weak and breakable, the spirit is indomitable!
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5076
#2673 Posted: 19:55:11 14/07/2019
pokemon community rn
[User Posted Image]
#2674 Posted: 21:05:20 14/07/2019
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
That alligator is definitely still making pretty big ripples. That's actually how you spot the difference between a log and a gator in the first place, is if it makes ripples.

It's physically impossible to move through water without creating noticeable ripples, and that's what people have criticisms about. All the past Pokemon games, even the first ones with EXTREMELY limited graphics capabilities, showed some sort of ripples:
[User Posted Image]

I personally can't find the Lapras animation, but I'm sure it's a detail they're gonna fix once the game's in the polishing process.

See the alligator video above
it's not just alligators apparently.

Not the Lapras but an example of (not final footage) the water including a gyrados moving through it

more water gameplay same trailer

I feel more of a ripple could be added, as you said though. It's more important on Gyrados since its much bigger then a Lapras.

But of course, not final footage
---
#2675 Posted: 21:34:27 14/07/2019
The "not final footage" stuff is meaningless because, if you remember, back in the USUM days, Nintendo released a trailer for Ultra Necrozma two weeks after the game came out and it still said "gameplay footage not final."
---
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 4495
#2676 Posted: 22:53:24 14/07/2019
Quote: Seiki

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokem...eveals_all_old/

I didn't say you were lying, just that that statement is one, even if it's from GameFreak itself.

And looking over that and the broken Engrish that Google translate spits out for the article still brings about my point where they should have all of the Kanto ones ready to go at the very least from LG where it notes about how things now being on the Switch possibly being some problems.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#2677 Posted: 23:06:09 14/07/2019
Accidently posted this in confessions but...

So about the models being made from scratch...
---
#2678 Posted: 23:08:41 14/07/2019

So about the models being made from scratch
---
#2679 Posted: 23:22:21 14/07/2019
Can you sum up the video? I’m not eager to waste my time with Verlisify’s videos.
---
#2680 Posted: 00:03:33 15/07/2019

[img]snipped that ungly grinch[/img]

[User Posted Image]

and thats just from the past 2 months, i can go back all the way to 1998 and gen 2 if youd prefer

the pokemon company is not free from criticism just because they make a series thats nostalgic to people around the world. i like fire emblem and persona, but i can recognized intelligent systems and atlus have made a ton of mistakes that should rightfully be called out. the pokemon company is no different. you really need to get off your high horse and realize that

if youre excited for the game, thats cool, but let people express what they think is wrong with the game. if you see something you disagree with, just let it go, but if youre really taking it that personally where you have to defend every single point someone makes about this game being rushed and poorly made, then you need to step outside and experience anything other than the internet for a while. TPC is a multi-billion dollar corporation, it doesnt need a personal keyboard warrior.
---
(◕︿◕✿)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:09:46 15/07/2019 by Vespi
#2681 Posted: 00:29:21 15/07/2019

[User Posted Image]

and thats just from the past 2 months, i can go back all the way to 1998 and gen 2 if youd prefer

the pokemon company is not free from criticism just because they make a series thats nostalgic to people around the world. i like fire emblem and persona, but i can recognized intelligent systems and atlus have made a ton of mistakes that should rightfully be called out. the pokemon company is no different. you really need to get off your high horse and realize that

if youre excited for the game, thats cool, but let people express what they think is wrong with the game. if you see something you disagree with, just let it go, but if youre really taking it that personally where you have to defend every single point someone makes about this game being rushed and poorly made, then you need to step outside and experience anything other than the internet for a while. TPC is a multi-billion dollar corporation, it doesnt need a personal keyboard warrior.

Complaining about graphics and a couple hundred mons not showing up isn't going to change gamefreak's mind.
---
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5942
#2682 Posted: 00:53:38 15/07/2019

[User Posted Image]

Complaining about graphics and a couple hundred mons not showing up isn't going to change gamefreak's mind.

While that is true, since we all been over this garbage argument.

1. Voting with my wallet thanks (not worth the $60 and lies)
2. For both sides here's a video
---
乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#2683 Posted: 06:57:18 15/07/2019
Quote: somePerson
pokemon community rn
[User Posted Image]

I'd say it's more like TM06.
---
#SobbleSquad
Lunar Green Sparx Gems: 221
#2684 Posted: 04:10:05 17/07/2019
[User Posted Image]

i just gotta say real quick that this opinion is wrong, immoral, and hurtful. i will not stand for any slander against my lil boy impidimp. he's the absolute best part of swsh and i wont hear anything but >:((
#2685 Posted: 05:24:49 17/07/2019
Quote: Lunar
[User Posted Image]

i just gotta say real quick that this opinion is wrong, immoral, and hurtful. i will not stand for any slander against my lil boy impidimp. he's the absolute best part of swsh and i wont hear anything but smilie(

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

You were saying
---
Lunar Green Sparx Gems: 221
#2686 Posted: 05:49:43 17/07/2019
Quote: Lunar
[User Posted Image]

i just gotta say real quick that this opinion is wrong, immoral, and hurtful. i will not stand for any slander against my lil boy impidimp. he's the absolute best part of swsh and i wont hear anything but smilie(

generic monkey

mareep 2

bowser but worse

You were saying

you were saying

my problematic goblin boy is and always will be the best

[User Posted Image]
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10114
#2687 Posted: 05:58:01 17/07/2019
^It’s become one of my favourites too.
Also, am I the only one who didn’t realise that the purple part below Impidimp’s face was its tongue and not part of its belly?
---
#SobbleSquad
#2688 Posted: 12:58:09 17/07/2019
I knew it was the tongue. Hence why my mind immediately went to Deltarune's Lancer.
---
somePerson Platinum Sparx Gems: 5076
#2689 Posted: 02:53:14 22/07/2019

animations look slick and clean. trainer battle initiation looks really cool and colorful. unique animation for the starters' signature move... I MEAN WTF WHY IS TAIL WHIP BAD! THIS TREE LOOKS BAD TOO!
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 300
#2690 Posted: 11:20:56 22/07/2019
Idk if I'll buy this game. I hadn't bought a Pokemon game since ORAS, which I thought ****ing sucked, so when I saw the trailer for this, I was actually pretty excited, but I don't know anymore without the National Dex. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have all the 'mons. 7 reigons prior have done it, why can't this game? Sure you could argue that the Switch demands better models, but the 3DS models look good enough, just slap some new shaders on that and we'd be set. People are saying that the models are new, so ok. Why does it matter? They look the exact same as the 3DS models. It looks like the models were recreated from scratch, which I could believe, because Game Freak are ****ing stupid.

Remember when they put all the Pokemon in the SM demo so the whole dex got datamined before you could say "**** Sanzaru"? I remember that. Remember when they cloned Lillie's model in Sun and Moon for every instance of when she appears so a pretty sizeable piece of the game is Lillie's models and animations? I remember. These BOYS have no BRAINS my man.

Anyway yeah, SS looks kinda dull. I like Zacian tho, he looks ****ing cool.
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
#2691 Posted: 21:48:22 22/07/2019
Quote: Doggo144
Idk if I'll buy this game. I hadn't bought a Pokemon game since ORAS, which I thought ****ing sucked, so when I saw the trailer for this, I was actually pretty excited, but I don't know anymore without the National Dex. There's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have all the 'mons. 7 reigons prior have done it, why can't this game? Sure you could argue that the Switch demands better models, but the 3DS models look good enough, just slap some new shaders on that and we'd be set. People are saying that the models are new, so ok. Why does it matter? They look the exact same as the 3DS models. It looks like the models were recreated from scratch, which I could believe, because Game Freak are ****ing stupid.

Remember when they put all the Pokemon in the SM demo so the whole dex got datamined before you could say "**** Sanzaru"? I remember that. Remember when they cloned Lillie's model in Sun and Moon for every instance of when she appears so a pretty sizeable piece of the game is Lillie's models and animations? I remember. These BOYS have no BRAINS my man.

Dont listen to those downtalking the game. It's going to be really good
---
#2692 Posted: 23:03:06 22/07/2019
Considering this game seems to be even more ORAS than ORAS, I think that's a safe thing to fear.
---
I do art!
#2693 Posted: 23:12:43 22/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Considering this game seems to be even more ORAS than ORAS, I think that's a safe thing to fear.

What does that even mean?
#2694 Posted: 23:15:37 22/07/2019
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bifrost

What does that even mean?

Cutting content, I guess. Remember the Battle Frontier? Gamefreak doesn’t.
---
#2695 Posted: 23:16:56 22/07/2019 | Topic Creator
Ah, that makes sense. I still thoroughly enjoyed ORAS personally, but I did find the removal of the Battle Frontier (Let alone the lack of even the Battle Tower) to be a little odd, to say the least.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:38:49 23/07/2019 by Sesshomaru75
84skylanderdude Emerald Sparx Gems: 4996
#2696 Posted: 00:12:01 23/07/2019

[User Posted Image]

~~~~~
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#2697 Posted: 00:24:59 23/07/2019
Quote: 84skylanderdude

[User Posted Image]

~~~~~

Why
why doubt.

There is nothing wrong with sword/shield
---
#2698 Posted: 00:27:11 23/07/2019
So, are you saying that, despite not having played them yet, Sword & Shield are already perfect? Absolutely perfect? Because that's what it sounds like. And there are few games out there that are perfect. Every game has something wrong with it. It's just a matter of if the things that are wrong with the game are frustrating enough to make you not want to purchase it. Which, in the case of these games, they are.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:34 23/07/2019 by HIR
#2699 Posted: 00:28:32 23/07/2019 | Topic Creator
I don't doubt that I'll personally enjoy it, but at the same time I can't blame people for being concerned and/or not agreeing with the decision.
(Though I feel that some people are taking things too far and getting worked up over other things that aren't as significant, like animations and things of that nature)

The decision is legitimately a bad one, and their excuses so far have been just that; excuses. So, while I'm personally still going to buy the game myself, I don't blame others for deciding against it.

So, are you saying Sword & Shield are perfect? Absolutely perfect? Because that's what it sounds like. And there are few games out there that are perfect. Every game has something wrong with it. It's just a matter of if the things that are wrong with the game are frustrating enough to make you not want to purchase it. Which, in the case of these games, they are.

That, and Pokémon's never been perfect. Far from it, in fact. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:37 23/07/2019 by Sesshomaru75
#2700 Posted: 00:31:56 23/07/2019
Ok, I’m just gonna say it: Dexit is OBJECTIVELY the worst thing to happen to Pokémon. Even if you’re ok with not having every Pokémon, you can’t deny the fanbase has been torn apart. And Pokémon is nothing without it’s community. The whole appeal was the trading and battling with friends. Without a community, there’s no Pokémon. THAT’S what’s wrong with SW/SH.

Anyway, I’ve said enough. I’m not willing to derail this any further.
---
First | Previous | Page 54 of 64 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 ... 62 63 64

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me