Forum

Poll

What was your favourite Spyro the Dragon homeworld?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic V4: Let's Go Announced For 2018 - Main Titles in 2019
First | Previous | Page 36 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Pokémon Topic V4: Let's Go Announced For 2018 - Main Titles in 2019
84skylanderdude Emerald Sparx Gems: 4170
#1751 Posted: 05:43:02 14/06/2018
Quote: somePerson
how is the Safari zone gonna work?

It's replaced by Go Park
---
Please disregard my horrid childish username
fyra Emerald Sparx Gems: 4780
#1752 Posted: 13:13:35 14/06/2018
So a paywall in my Pokémon,I don’t play and never will play Go,pass.I stopped a bit sick of how stagnant the franchise is,will come back for the 2019 Pokémon game.
---
Last Spyro fan here...surrounded by Skylanders fans...cry in a corner
Muffin Man Gold Sparx Gems: 2388
#1753 Posted: 13:31:01 14/06/2018
Quote: HIR
All these complaints about friendly rivals makes me think Game Freak purposefully made Gladion the way he is as a giant middle finger to the people who complain. Bonus points in that they totally made him a furry.

Actually, heck with it, give us a rival that's ridiculously over-the-top angsty in the 2019 game just to **** with the fandom. :^)

Gladion was too far in the opposite direction though. Over-the-top angst isn't what people want. People want characters that feel real. A guy like Blue, who's really just a bit of a cocky asshole, is someone you might easily have to deal with in real life at school or even at your job when you're an adult. But people like Hau and Gladion? They are forced into too much of an extreme personality type. They don't feel real.
---
*Gives you a muffin*
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1838
#1754 Posted: 16:28:44 14/06/2018
If they want to be edgy, at least look at Silver first. He was edgy but also one of the best rivals
---
Now the true lesson begins!
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5059
#1755 Posted: 16:58:57 14/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I like Gladion, so... I don't really play Pokémon because it's supposed to be "realistic" in the first place. smilie (That said, Silver is probably my favorite rival)
---
Listen, mark my words, one day
You will pay, you will pay
Karma's gonna come collect your debt
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:01:09 14/06/2018 by Sesshomaru75
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4689
#1756 Posted: 05:59:02 21/06/2018
>tfw you're one of the only people who still plays go regularly so you're fully prepared for LGPE with multiple bird trios and shinies
---
is meatball an fruit
#1757 Posted: 22:00:10 22/06/2018
i pre-ordered the Let's Go Eevee pokeball plus bundle.
---
is meatball an fruit
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5135
#1758 Posted: 05:26:32 29/06/2018
Gladion is my favourite pokemon rival and him and Lillie are my favourite Pokemon characters overall so I will defend my children. >:(
I honestly thought Gladion was funny and his backstory in the original Sun and Moon games was the best thing.

I personally want a rival who is badass and all, but isn't a jerk like Silver and Blue I'm the unpopular opinion who doesn't like the 'jerk rival' and never cared for Silver at all lol. The closest we got to what I'm after is Hugh but I feel they could do better. (I guess Gladion falls under this too after a certain point but he refuses to be friends with the player ;_;) The 'I'm about to unleash my rage' was less realistic than Gladion's entire personality lol.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 6257
#1759 Posted: 06:26:23 29/06/2018
I do love Blue and Silver, but I do not get the whole "the rival NEEDS to be a jackass again" attitude that people seem to be having. The games have had plenty of rivals whose personalities I've loved without the rudeness. I absolutely love Hau and Gladion. Hugh got on my nerves at times, but he's also one of my favorites. Heck, the only rivals that were kinda meh for me in terms of personality were Calem/Serena and Brendan/May. To be honest though as long as the rival actually HAS a personality, backstory, and development, I'm easily satisfied.

Also, EEVEE IS TOO ADORABLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkBUcPAPhis
---
Oh look, a post
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:46:35 29/06/2018 by wanderist
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 7869
#1760 Posted: 12:19:54 29/06/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
All these complaints about friendly rivals makes me think Game Freak purposefully made Gladion the way he is as a giant middle finger to the people who complain. Bonus points in that they totally made him a furry.

Actually, heck with it, give us a rival that's ridiculously over-the-top angsty in the 2019 game just to **** with the fandom. :^)

Gladion was too far in the opposite direction though. Over-the-top angst isn't what people want. People want characters that feel real. A guy like Blue, who's really just a bit of a cocky asshole, is someone you might easily have to deal with in real life at school or even at your job when you're an adult. But people like Hau and Gladion? They are forced into too much of an extreme personality type. They don't feel real.

Neither does Gary and his car of cheerleaders that he drove around with him in the original anime. :^)
---
*borks loudly* :3
#1761 Posted: 02:27:04 01/07/2018
Lol pokemon is a game where you catch wild monsters using elemental attacks (and somehow dont burn the forest by accident) and these small round gadgets and use the creatures to fight and win badges. It is nowhere near realistic even at its major plot summary. You have kids at like aged 10 wondering around in the wilderness and somehow don't starve and can walk around like an entire country without getting tired. You can fit a bike in your bag. A lot of clearly able pokemon can't fly but you can fly on a ****ing pidgy. Why does a few characters suddenly need to be 'realistic' if the actual game itself is nowhere near realistic lol.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:08:53 01/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5830
#1762 Posted: 02:37:32 01/07/2018
Why does a game need to have dialogue at all if it's just turn based RPG ****? Just have random trainer battles everywhere. You can apply the same logic here. Because it's more fun.

I want to root for the supporting cast if my protagonist NEEDS to be a walking sheet of cardboard. Not too little, not too much.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:57 01/07/2018 by Bifrost
#1763 Posted: 20:05:26 01/07/2018
Quote: Muffin Man

Neither does Gary and his car of cheerleaders that he drove around with him in the original anime. :^)

I never said anything in support of the anime, though...

Quote: DarkCynder_543
Lol pokemon is a game where you catch wild monsters using elemental attacks (and somehow dont burn the forest by accident) and these small round gadgets and use the creatures to fight and win badges. It is nowhere near realistic even at its major plot summary. You have kids at like aged 10 wondering around in the wilderness and somehow don't starve and can walk around like an entire country without getting tired. You can fit a bike in your bag. A lot of clearly able pokemon can't fly but you can fly on a ****ing pidgy. Why does a few characters suddenly need to be 'realistic' if the actual game itself is nowhere near realistic lol.

People enjoy characters that feel like real people. Doesn't matter how unrealistic everything else is.
Doesn't matter if the character is even human at all. I mean look at Spyro, he totally feels real. I could easily imagine myself meeting someone in real life who has the same personality as Spyro. And that makes me enjoy him more.
---
*Gives you a muffin*
#1764 Posted: 04:57:26 02/07/2018
Bentley and Agent 9 aren't really realistic though. They have a personality that's extreme in one direction and a complete exaggeration of it. So Spyro has both realistic and non-realistic characters. Also if I ever met someone with Spyro's original personality from the first game, I think I would get annoyed lol. Its very over the top 90s corny and cocky, which I'd honestly go as far to say isn't very realistic ether despite being fine for a game.

In a lot of games you tend to get a mix bag. I personally feel that not all characters should be realistic, since those who aren't tend to be quite funny and an enjoyable experience, but that's just me aha.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:02:40 02/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1765 Posted: 13:16:11 02/07/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Bentley and Agent 9 aren't really realistic though. They have a personality that's extreme in one direction and a complete exaggeration of it. So Spyro has both realistic and non-realistic characters. Also if I ever met someone with Spyro's original personality from the first game, I think I would get annoyed lol. Its very over the top 90s corny and cocky, which I'd honestly go as far to say isn't very realistic ether despite being fine for a game.

In a lot of games you tend to get a mix bag. I personally feel that not all characters should be realistic, since those who aren't tend to be quite funny and an enjoyable experience, but that's just me aha.

That's true, an exaggerated and unrealistic personality type can still be fun. I guess I just mean specifically in the case of people wanting a rival like Blue in a new Pokemon game, or characters like the R/B/Y characters in general, it just means they want characters who feel more grounded because it worked really well before and we'd like to see it done that way again. There's nothing wrong with Gladion being an extreme edgelord, but my point is that it's pretty much just as antithetical to what was appealing about Blue's characterization as Hau's extreme positivity is.
---
*Gives you a muffin*
azz01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2777
#1766 Posted: 16:33:48 12/07/2018
So it was confirmed that Oddish, Sandshrew and Growlithe are LGP exclusives and Bellsprout, Vulpix and Meowth are LGE exclusives. So base don this, LGP is Red version and LGE is Blue version. Wouldn't be surprised if we got more version exclusives based on this.
---
Go into Orbit, stan LOOΠΔ!
Stream favOriTe
#1767 Posted: 16:35:01 12/07/2018
new LGPE trailer!

not too much but does show a few things-

partner pokemon can be male or female
trainer outfit is customizable
YOU CAN STYLE THE PARTNER'S HAIR IM DYING
misty is shown with her starmie
some pokemon can find hidden items (male nidoran is shown as an example)
arcanine is ridable
online is confirmed even though we knew that already
---
is meatball an fruit
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 7868
#1768 Posted: 22:28:40 12/07/2018
Hey guys. I know the main subject is about the upcoming game, but there's something I just found out that's really bothering me. I might be late for this, but I now know about the banned episode of the anime. I'm sorry, but am I the only one who finds it absurd how practically anything that involves a black face gets banned? I can understand about the Jynx controversy, but this episode? It only shows a Pokemon disguise, and not even the whole face is painted black. Pokemon is not the only one that has suffered from this. Forgive my ignorance, but how I showing a face just partially painted black racist? It just doesn't make sense! smilie
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#1769 Posted: 22:37:33 12/07/2018
The episode that was banned yesterday wasn't called blackface, Disney cut it because of concerns that it might be interpreted as blackface. As far as we know, they are aware a Passimian just has that face pattern. And nor TPC or Disney probably wants to deal with "Pokémon anime has a racist episode equating black people to lemurs" as headlines, true or not. It's a lot easier to spread a lie than prove it false to most people.
---
I do art!
Those who called us mad, are you listening? (...) Your future is a farce! You have none!
#1770 Posted: 23:09:13 12/07/2018
So the fear is that it might be interpreted as blackface? It's still an absurd controversy. So showing a just remotely black face is racist? Who came up with that? It's like you say. Passimian just happens to have a black spot and Ash simply disguised himself as one. There is nothing racist about that. This blackface controversy is getting exaggerated! smilie
---
#1771 Posted: 23:32:52 12/07/2018
some LGPE version exclusives got revealed!

Oddish line, Kanto Sandshrew line, and Growlithe lines are exclusive to Let's Go Pikachu. Kanto Vulpix line, Kanto Meowth line, and Bellsprout lines exclusive to Let's Go Eevee
---
is meatball an fruit
#1772 Posted: 03:14:59 13/07/2018
Nice, so I will be able to have Ninetales on my team for sure now.
---
#1773 Posted: 03:41:17 13/07/2018
and the succmaster victreebel

also, a japanese version of the trailer with
---
is meatball an fruit
#1774 Posted: 04:05:12 13/07/2018 | Topic Creator
Apparently the next Pokémon movie is going to be called "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution". *thonking emoji*
---
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4283
#1775 Posted: 06:20:02 13/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Apparently the next Pokémon movie is going to be called "Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution". *thonking emoji*

i'll use my mega stone as an umbrella stone
#1776 Posted: 13:16:53 13/07/2018
ahhhhh team rocket is in the game. Dammit that may give me enough reason to get it :')
---
KrystalLBX Blue Sparx Gems: 680
#1777 Posted: 14:19:44 13/07/2018
But will they keep their disguises?
#1778 Posted: 14:23:55 13/07/2018
I'm genuinely excited for this game. The past two games wore me out with how they were trying to tell big narratives, so a return to a simpler narrative will be nice. Though, I just don't know which versions to get. Pikachu is obviously the superior starter battle wise and it seems like LGP seems to have the better version exclusive, but Eevee is adorable and one of my favourite pokemon, topped only by Piplup. smilie the choices.
---
Stream favOriTe
#1779 Posted: 15:18:57 13/07/2018
Will this game be based on the anime? It really seems that way smilie
---
#1780 Posted: 15:43:33 13/07/2018
Why are people freaking out about the TRio, exactly? This game is a remake of Yellow... which they were in. It's not surprising they're here and this doesn't mean it's based off the anime. Good grief. -_-
---
#1781 Posted: 16:16:51 13/07/2018
Freaking out? Not me at least. I don't mind if the game resembles the anime at all.
---
#1782 Posted: 16:46:14 13/07/2018
No, by freaking out I mean getting super hyped up. Like... this was to be expected. I wouldn't be surprised if they act exactly like they did in Yellow.
---
#1783 Posted: 17:33:25 13/07/2018 | Topic Creator
I think people are excited because Let's Go seemed more like it was inspired by Yellow rather than actually being a remake of it.

For example, the male protagonist isn't Red, the female one isn't Leaf (I know that she's from FR/LG, but that's not my point), the rival isn't Blue/Green, etc. (They're all obviously loosely inspired by them to an extent, but that's besides the point)
Because of things like this, among others (Such as the more casualized gameplay and GO integration), it seems a lot less like an actual remake, so people are surprised to see Jessie and James (And yes, Meowth too) because of that.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:40:49 13/07/2018 by Sesshomaru75
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9331
#1784 Posted: 17:58:40 13/07/2018
Anyone else hoping that in 2020, they’ll release a game like Let’s Go that is set in Johto? Since this year is Yellow’s 20th anniversary, it would make sense if they released a Crystal inspired game to celebrate that game’s 20th anniversary.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4280
#1785 Posted: 18:07:00 13/07/2018
Quote: alicecarp
Anyone else hoping that in 2020, they’ll release a game like Let’s Go that is set in Johto? Since this year is Yellow’s 20th anniversary, it would make sense if they released a Crystal inspired game to celebrate that game’s 20th anniversary.

From what I remember hearing. Let's Go is supposed to be new series. It's likely we'll get every region over time.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#1786 Posted: 18:30:13 13/07/2018

I would love this. Gen 2 is my favourite gen so it would be nice to see it remade in this more casual style.
---
Stream favOriTe
#1787 Posted: 18:33:52 13/07/2018 | Topic Creator
I just hope that Let's Go doesn't affect our chances of getting D/P remakes in the traditional style. :/ (I highly doubt that it will, but it is a concern of mine)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:39:46 14/07/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#1788 Posted: 18:37:35 13/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I just hope that Let's Go doesn't affect our chances of getting D/P remakes in the traditional style. :/ (I highly doubt that it will, but it is a concern of mine)

I don't think it would. I would like to think Nintendo knows how much fans want D/P remakes and wouldn't give up the chance to make all the money they can from them.
---
Stream favOriTe
#1789 Posted: 19:01:30 13/07/2018
Quote: azz01

I would love this. Gen 2 is my favourite gen so it would be nice to see it remade in this more casual style.

I agree. That was the best region for me as well smilie
---
#1790 Posted: 19:12:47 13/07/2018
Johto is my favourite region, so I would love to see it in Switch graphics.
---
#1791 Posted: 01:33:28 14/07/2018
If they continue making these games, it's probably something for the casual audience so I don't see why it would interfere with Sinnoh remakes.

But if they do use other regions I look forward to Johto and Hoenn in Switch graphics since SoulSilver and Emerald are my favourite games. They should use Emerald since it's a lot better than R/S imo. I want to have Blaziken and Swampert in those glorious graphics <3
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:35:23 14/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1792 Posted: 02:17:25 14/07/2018
... so, am I the only one who dislikes LGPE's graphics? I mean they look polished, for sure, but I strongly disliked the bobble-head models from Gen VI... so to see them randomly getting brought back despite Game Freak jumping to a more powerful system with better hardware is disappointing to the say the least. I sincerely hope this graphical style is solely for LGPE. Honestly more excited about (what sounds like) fully orchestrated music because it's about damn time. XD
---
#1793 Posted: 03:25:13 14/07/2018 | Topic Creator
I didn't really like the "chibi" artstyle in Gen VI either, but I actually really like how it looks in Let's Go. I don't think the choice is hardware-related at all here, as I think it's merely just to make it more appealing to children.
(I know Pokémon is already appealing to children, but a lot of things about Pokémon that were already accessible to children have been changed and casualized for Let's Go, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reasoning behind the artstyle as well)

I'm quite certain that Gen VIII games won't have the "chibi" models of Gen VI, but perhaps something more like Gen VII's models with the amount of polish of these titles.
If anything, I think the Let's Go series as a whole (Assuming it is going to be a "side series" from now on) will have the more "chibi" artstyle of Gen VI, whereas the "true" main games from now on will have the more "proportionally accurate" models of Gen VII.
(If only for the sake of making them visually distinguishable from one another)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:40:41 14/07/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#1794 Posted: 04:04:39 14/07/2018
I'm fine with the chibi style but I imagine they will go back to full sized models for gen 8.
---
#1795 Posted: 19:58:38 15/07/2018
I wonder how long it will take for a Pokémon game to look like the Shadow duology on Gamecube(the Orre games),I would gladly take another game in that style and tone.
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 6257
#1796 Posted: 23:13:11 21/07/2018
Soo this interview with Masuda came out, and...people aren't happy with him.

Quote:
  • The main reason why Pokémon Let's Go doesn't have wild battles is to make it similar to Pokémon GO.
  • However, that's not the only reason. Masuda thinks that the classic catching mechanics may be too difficult for some players, so they wanted to simplify the captures by introducing the GO mechanics.
  • This was a controversial decision even at Game Freak, but Masuda says that as he is the director it's "his responsibility".
  • It appears that the fishing minigame has also changed and now you waggle the worm.
  • They need to keep trying new things for Pokémon or the gameplay will stale.
  • They intend to continue experimenting with new gameplay styles and some of them may also generate the same kind of controversial discussions.
  • They are open/listening to feedback, both positive and negative, for consideration for the future.
  • When asked about the graphical style of Let's Go, Masuda responded that he chose the style to be more fantasy like, not realistic, and so parents could more instantly recognise it as Pokémon, and a safe game, at a glance when peering in to check on their kids from another room.
  • Pokémon CP are different in LGPE and in GO. A Pokémon with the same CP number in both games will be stronger in GO.
  • This time the person in charge of the music is Shota Kageyama. They decided to use classical instruments with the goal to relax players while listening and create the vision of a peaceful world.
  • Alola forms won't appear in the wild in LGPE, however there may be a way to obtain them without Pokémon GO...

I've been optimistic about Let's Go and didn't find the wild battles to be as big of a deal as others did, but...the old way was too complicated? Also apparently even others at GameFreak didn't agree with the capture mechanics for this game.

On the bright side, yay I may be able to get my Alolan Vulpix without GO.

EDIT: Full translated interview here. That summary wasn't 100% worded correctly.
---
Oh look, a post
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:19:03 22/07/2018 by wanderist
#1797 Posted: 23:31:23 21/07/2018
>keep trying new things
>make the same game a third time without so much as touching the gyms and towns

choose one
It really just feels as short sighted as the USUM interviews. It's Pokémon. You CAN go all the way out if you want change, that's how Mystery Dungeon and Conquest sold. Prodding little things and pleasing no one with several uncommitted changes hasn't worked at any point so why keep doing it?

I think a good example is BOTW versus Skyward Sword. You take a big risk and put your heart into it, making something that might not be perfect, but it's genuine change; or you slap a gimmick, remove things that people liked, and call that innovative when it truly is just the same old same old. Commit to it.
---
I do art!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:40:46 22/07/2018 by Bifrost
#1798 Posted: 13:24:23 22/07/2018
I wonder if the GB Sounds item from HGSS will be in LGPE. Probably as a reward from the Game Freak staff in Celadon.
---
#1799 Posted: 13:44:09 22/07/2018
If only they could check if Genius Sonority still exist because we really need a cool looking darker Pokémon game like the old Gamecube duology with shadow Pokémon,it’s been far too long I’ve been waiting for the return of the shadow saga or something in that style,also capture mechanics are easy to understand,this is a really stupid reason to avoid saying we think modern kids are morons,I will boycott Let’s go and only come back to the franchise when Gamefreak will finally listen to what his long term fans wanted for years,maybe it will need a Sonic Mania situation(as in fanmade officially sanctioned game) but it’s well known that they despise their fans with all those projects getting killed left and right instead of giving them a serious look and finally hire fancreators to make the dreamed game.

I moved out to the SMT franchise instead for mons stuff because I got tired of getting treated like a baby,releasing the same games twice,how stale it was getting and how much was taken away(difficulty,strategising,post game,contents,cool rivals,cool villains,legendaries being special and a challenge to get)
---
#1800 Posted: 03:49:05 29/07/2018
Eh because Lets Go is more dedicated to a casual fanbase I didn't care much that there wasn't any battles. But the reasoning behind it I feel is a bit weird considering the main core games were aimed at kids to begin with lol.

I'm really hoping this doesn't affect the main line games though. I think just having one on the Switch is big enough to shake things up lol. I'm personally hoping for a more open world gameplay myself rather than set routes.

Johto is my favourite region, so I would love to see it in Switch graphics.

oh god i read 'johto' as 'jojo'
---
First | Previous | Page 36 of 38 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me