Forum

Poll

Which was your favourite Year of the Dragon homeworld?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Pokémon Topic V4: Let's Go Announced For 2018 - Main Titles in 2019
First | Previous | Page 32 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39
Pokémon Topic V4: Let's Go Announced For 2018 - Main Titles in 2019
KrystalLBX Blue Sparx Gems: 733
#1551 Posted: 19:05:12 12/05/2018
I kinda want the Piuk leaks to be real, just the idea of a submerged region (which I have been wanting for a LONG time) would be something I would love

Below is some fan game concepts I've had for a submerged region

) an entire region in a glass dome that is so big that through humans they were able to keep various sections of the region to mimic a normal land region. (So your "foresty" area will be a huge garden of many many trees) and the people (in my fan game ) dont get a lot of outside contact as it's a custom to not allow non natives into the region, and people are forbidden to leave the region

The Ancient duo (the mascots) protected the region, and even attacks people trying to harm the protective dome or even enter (which is why the people are so against people entering because the Ancient Duo clearly doesnt want outsiders inside their region)

Gyms exist in this region, but the purpose of beating the Gym challenge and the E4 afterwords is to receive the blessing of the Ancient Duo and be granted one wish.

Your rival makes his wish very clear, he wants to leave to see the regions beyond Alantos. And that is the only way he could achieve his dream. Rival can be categorized as a more serious rival

Along the way the evil team tries to get in your way, and eventually a plot twist will happen where they use your rival to achieve their dream.

102 new pokemon
new exclusive z moves
new megas

New pokemon ideas
Shadeon (Ghost eeveelution)
I need to think of the Alantos starters. But I am thinking a Fire Ox (Fire/steel), a grass chameleon (grass/psychic), and a Platypus (water/poison)
Chinchillah (An ice type chinchilla pokemon)

Alantosian Litten (Grass type), Alantosian Rowlet (water type), and Alantosian Popplio (Fire type)

More details
Alantosian forms, similar to alolan forms.

A Melissagames reference where you trade a Bounsweet named Precious for a shiny mimikyu

The fan game willl have little treats meant as tribute to various Poketubers, an example is of course the Doodlez trade. Another example could be perhaps a gift stunfisk holding a berry called an "orrenge".

For the gyms rather then the gyms concentrating on a single type, the gyms will focus on a general idea (Insurgence did this ) like to take an example from Insurgence a gym focused on a specific weather condition.

E4 member who is a youtuber
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 00:34:00 21/05/2018 by KrystalLBX
#1552 Posted: 23:13:40 14/05/2018
Anyone want a (US) Xerneas/Yveltal code?
got an extra
Felines Diamond Sparx Gems: 7921
#1553 Posted: 23:33:02 14/05/2018
Quote: KrystalLBX
got an extra

I'm more interested in next month's code, but I'm willing to accept any offer. GameStop stores don't exist in my country anymore, and there's no other place where I can get those codes.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Iblistech Emerald Sparx Gems: 4018
#1554 Posted: 06:59:31 15/05/2018
got an extra

I'm interested. I got a code for Yveltal for Ultra Sun, but not Xerneas for Ultra Moon.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1555 Posted: 12:44:10 15/05/2018
Quote: Iblistech
got an extra

I'm interested. I got a code for Yveltal for Ultra Sun, but not Xerneas for Ultra Moon.

Sorry only had 1 extra code
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4741
#1556 Posted: 15:11:41 15/05/2018
i've got an extra, i'll PM it to you when im out of school
---
mickey mouse baby DEAD in gas explosion
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 6296
#1557 Posted: 16:16:33 15/05/2018
Quote: Bulbapedia on Twitter
RUMOR: Multiple site are now reporting a widespread (but still unconfirmed) rumor that the Pokémon Switch games may be titled "Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu" and "Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee". More details as they appear.

Um..... I mean, Eevee and all, but....really? Doesn't seem right, but it's the first time I've seen bulbanews actually post a rumor. Like one of the comments said though they sound more like spin-off games or something, and that's if it's even true.

Oh Serebii posted it too interesting. I usually see them bash rumors, not post them.
---
Oh look, a post
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:22:52 15/05/2018 by wanderist
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5880
#1558 Posted: 17:34:13 15/05/2018
It's a Yellow sequel apparently and it's matching up with too many hints from press about taking inspiration from Pokémon Go.

please be field encounters please be field encounters please be field encounters
---
The original Peach form treatment.
source
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5114
#1559 Posted: 17:46:24 15/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm gonna be pissed if this is true. :/
---
Well slap my ass and call me Richard, you seem to be mentally handicapped
#1560 Posted: 17:53:47 15/05/2018
Unpopular opinion, but I actually wouldn't mind going back to Kanto if it's a sequel. A sequel after all the years that have passed by since HGSS in Pokemon might actually be really interesting. I remember one character in Ultra Sun in Malie actually mentioned a gym leader in Kanto that I didn't know, probably replaced Blue when he came to Alola. Kanto may be completely different from what it was 10+ years ago. Also if the Eevee version means you can pick Eevee as your starter instead of Pikachu....

But yes based on what else the leaks say like integrating with Go I do hope it's false. I wouldn't mind some minor things with Go that aren't forced down the players' throats but I would like to think that GameFreak knows better then to mess with one of the main parts of the game so much.
---
Oh look, a post
#1561 Posted: 17:57:56 15/05/2018 | Topic Creator
My problem is that, while Kanto hasn't been in a game since HG/SS, by the time HG/SS came out it had already been in every generation up until that point. Doesn't matter if it'll be "different", it's still overused.
There's also the absolutely ridiculous amount of Gen I pandering as of late, which is also why I'm personally against this.

Well, that, and I don't really care for Kanto or Gen I to begin with. smilie
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:51:55 16/05/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#1562 Posted: 18:03:47 15/05/2018
genwunner bonerfuel inbound
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1598
#1563 Posted: 18:52:26 15/05/2018
You know, I would like to play a game in Kanto

I'd be cool if they changed up the landscape and made it feel new
---
Skadiddly Dimpers
#1564 Posted: 19:14:28 15/05/2018
A Kanto sequel is fine - just follow all the tidbits of new things that the other games hinted about, change cities, change roads, have pokémon that migrated from Johto, Alola and Sinnoh, etc etc. Kanto all over again "just like you remember it!" is pandering and trash. I really hope it's the former, the people who wanted to come back already came back with Go's popularity; you can only yell at genwunners so many times that the new games are good too.
---
source
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:15:23 15/05/2018 by Bifrost
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4335
#1565 Posted: 19:58:56 15/05/2018
honestly nostalgia pandering is what's gonna make this title sell more than smash bros
#1566 Posted: 20:05:46 15/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I'm sure it'll be great, I just personally wish that we could leave Kanto behind. :/
---
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4332
#1567 Posted: 20:08:20 15/05/2018
Quote: somePerson
honestly nostalgia pandering is what's gonna make this title sell more than smash bros

Oh absolutely.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1892
#1568 Posted: 20:46:53 15/05/2018
guys, why not just remake firered and leafgreen? they don’t have remakes yet so it would be a good idea!

/s
---
Now the true lesson begins!
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 9381
#1569 Posted: 20:51:17 15/05/2018
While I agree that Kanto has become overused, I would like to see how the region would look in full HD graphics.

As for the names Lets go! Pikachu and Lets go! Eevee, they sound more like spinoffs than main series RPGs. If they do turn out to be real and assuming Pikachu and Eevee are the starters for their respective versions then I'd imagine that more people would pick Lets Go! Eevee what with all the evolutions to choose from, especially if the speculation that the 21st movie will reveal a new Eeveelution turns out to be true.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
#1570 Posted: 21:07:43 15/05/2018
Also because nor Pikachu nor Raichu are that viable in comparison. Though poor Pichu is forgotten, yet again.
---
source
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#1571 Posted: 21:09:43 15/05/2018
I hope it isn’t true. The names of the games sound childish, espicially with a Pikachu version like he isn’t marketed enough already. Although Pokémon GO was some what of a success (i’m saying that because nobody plays it anymore), it needs to stay away from the main series games. If anything GO should be more like them, not the other way around. The post on 4chan was also posted on April 1st, and although PixelPar says they are real, I’m hoping that they are fake. What Piuk has been saying actually sounds like a really fun game, and a good start to Pokémon on the switch, with a new spin on Kanto. I’m fingers crossing that Piuk isn’t lying.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#1572 Posted: 21:12:54 15/05/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Also because nor Pikachu nor Raichu are that viable in comparison. Though poor Pichu is forgotten, yet again.

Pichu had time to shine/get shined in Smash Bros.
---
Iblistech Emerald Sparx Gems: 4018
#1573 Posted: 21:47:54 15/05/2018
Quote: ZapNorris
i've got an extra, i'll PM it to you when im out of school

Thanks Zap.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
#1574 Posted: 22:12:03 15/05/2018
Speaking of codes, I'm wondering if somebody will have an extra of them next month. That's the one I'm more interested in, and I bet many other people as well.

Quote: alicecarp
While I agree that Kanto has become overused, I would like to see how the region would look in full HD graphics.

As for the names Lets go! Pikachu and Lets go! Eevee, they sound more like spinoffs than main series RPGs. If they do turn out to be real and assuming Pikachu and Eevee are the starters for their respective versions then I'd imagine that more people would pick Lets Go! Eevee what with all the evolutions to choose from, especially if the speculation that the 21st movie will reveal a new Eeveelution turns out to be true.

Kanto was the very first region, so it's only natural it's used so much. And let's not forget the main character from the anime is from there.
---
#1575 Posted: 22:25:01 15/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Doesn't mean it's a good thing, though. :/
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 7920
#1576 Posted: 23:07:08 15/05/2018
Honestly hope it's either false, or true, but it's some sort of side-project to hold us over until an actual full-fledged Switch game comes later down the road. <.<
---
*borks loudly* :3
#1577 Posted: 01:23:27 16/05/2018
officially all out of Xerneas/Yveltal codes. still have 2 raikou/entei ones
---
#1578 Posted: 01:28:48 16/05/2018

Are they still valid even after their month is over? smilie
---
#1579 Posted: 04:26:43 16/05/2018
Quote: Felines

Are they still valid even after their month is over? smilie

yep, until july iirc
---
#1580 Posted: 04:56:25 16/05/2018
We'll that's interesting. I didn't know that. I already have that code, so leave it to someone else smilie
---
#1581 Posted: 15:44:56 16/05/2018
Quote: Serebii
Serebii Note: Domains for Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon Lets Go Eevee registered by the same company Nintendo used to register the official Pokémon Sun & Moon website domain https://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Oh boy... Not sure if this makes it any more true, but I can already see the freak out on social media from fans.
---
Oh look, a post
#1582 Posted: 15:59:10 16/05/2018
Definitely not sure what to think about this.
---
pankakesparx456 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6261
#1583 Posted: 16:05:40 16/05/2018
Kinda late to the party on the titles but I still want to give my very mixed thoughts:

On one hand, the titles are pretty bad, and if this implies they're doing Kanto again after how much they've been oversaturating it since XY then I don't really know how I'm going to feel about these games when I REALLY want something new, or at least for them to give other generations much deserved love beyond the remakes. If it wasn't for Kanto being so overdone I'd look forward to this but the fact remains that they've just done too much with it and it's only going to burn out the fanbase beyond genwunners, and that's not exactly a good image to have if they're catering to the part of the fanbase that makes it look bad.

On the other hand, if this is indeed another Kanto game, this is the EXACT game I was hoping for when we found out a game was coming to Switch.

I don't know if I ever elaborated on this so let me explain(sorry if this gets lengthy, but I want to get across why I think this might end up being a genius idea on GameFreak's part):

This is the "console Pokemon RPG" dream game that both casual and hardcore fans have wanted for so long. In the sense that these games are really going to have to rethink the way we play Pokemon the same way Breath of the Wild did for Zelda. Rather than start a new generation entirely, it makes sense for GameFreak to go back to the Kanto region before giving us a new one. I've generally noticed the people who have been getting a Switch generally fall under three categories: Hardcore Nintendo fans, casual gamers who probably skipped the Wii U and liked the concept of the console, and old school Nintendo fans who see how Nintendo is reinventing their old franchises with games like BotW and Mario Odyssey.

And among that crowd, which of the regions are people most likely to know the most about? Kanto. It's the first game. The one that people remember back when Pokemon was such a phenomenon in the late 90s.

Sun and Moon drew in a large playerbase of people who played the original games and wanted to come back to the series, both because it was the franchise's 20th anniversary and because Pokemon GO brought back public interest in the series. I can tell you firsthand that most of the people I talked with about Gen 7 as a whole generally weren't my friends who stuck with the series, they were people who wanted to come back to Pokemon after GO blew up and bought a 3DS/2DS just so they could play Sun and Moon.

Nintendo and GameFreak have the original playerbase back. The same one that made Pokemon a phenomenon in the first place. It makes sense they'd completely revamp Kanto for their next games because the public has their interest in Pokemon again. Not to the scale of the 90s, probably, but pretty close considering how popular GO was.

And not only that, who's to say this is going to be the exact Kanto we traveled in Gen 1 and 3?

If GameFreak completely revamps the franchise a la BotW, then this is going to be Kanto like we've never seen it before. Not only are they going to get the attention of the players that played the games in the 90s, but they're going to get the attention of everyone else because, despite going back to Kanto, it's a completely different experience this time, and it can do nothing but get fans excited for what's to come for future games if this is what they do with Kanto.

I completely understand why people aren't behind this(especially if the rumors about the GO integration is true, which is something I don't want regardless of how the next games go), and why people really want to leave Kanto behind, but coming from someone who was generally pessimistic about Nintendo between the Wii U's launch and the Switch's launch, I think we're in for something really special here. It's just a matter of how much they reinvent the series with these next games, because at that point it won't really matter which region it takes place in.

TL: DR- I'm casually optimistic about the new Pokemon games and I think it's a brilliant idea if they go back to Kanto, both from a marketing perspective and from a fan perspective.
---
Cool cool.
#1584 Posted: 16:15:44 16/05/2018
Marketing wise, this game will make a ton of money.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
#1585 Posted: 16:26:58 16/05/2018
It could be a game about making Pikachu eat an apple and it'd sell.

... Did Pokémon Channel sell?
---
source
#1586 Posted: 17:52:24 16/05/2018
nostalgia sells i guess
---
somePerson Emerald Sparx Gems: 4335
#1587 Posted: 18:00:17 16/05/2018
the kids who played red and blue are getting or are 30 and I doubt most of them still play Pokemon. A Kanto remake will take people back to the past. Just look at remasters that just came out like crash and spyro. They're selling loads of copies pandering to both casuals and hardcore gamers alike and I doubt the current fanbase won't buy the new game. Just because it's in Kanto again doesn't mean the original 150 are the only ones in it.
#1588 Posted: 18:46:58 16/05/2018
Quote: somePerson
the kids who played red and blue are getting or are 30 and I doubt most of them still play Pokemon. A Kanto remake will take people back to the past. Just look at remasters that just came out like crash and spyro. They're selling loads of copies pandering to both casuals and hardcore gamers alike and I doubt the current fanbase won't buy the new game. Just because it's in Kanto again doesn't mean the original 150 are the only ones in it.

I highly doubt they'd only have the OG 151 or else that'd be a huge mistake. I'm sure I'll be able to use my Garchomp or Swampert in the game. It just feels pandery

Buuut it is a good idea for money and long term for bringing back fans who interest in the game series is Reignited.
---
#1589 Posted: 19:06:03 16/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh, yeah, it's definitely going to make a lot of money, and I highly doubt that they'd restrict it to just the first 151 Pokémon.

That said, however, while I'm sure that it could still be good (If not great), I personally still wish that we could just leave Kanto behind (For the time being, at least) and get something completely new on the new console. But that's just me. *shrug*

There's also the fact that I think people extremely overestimate how many "Genwunners" there are, but eh.

I hope we still get some new Pokémon, at least. ;;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:08:58 16/05/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#1590 Posted: 00:40:11 17/05/2018
All this Go Eevee talk makes me want to go SOS an eevee
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5160
#1591 Posted: 08:28:24 17/05/2018
I will get the eevee one if this is true because it brings me nostalgia to Pokemon smilie. I'm somewhat hoping the battle system is like the gamecube games.

Quote: Sesshomaru75
Oh, yeah, it's definitely going to make a lot of money, and I highly doubt that they'd restrict it to just the first 151 Pokémon.

That said, however, while I'm sure that it could still be good (If not great), I personally still wish that we could just leave Kanto behind (For the time being, at least) and get something completely new on the new console. But that's just me. *shrug*

There's also the fact that I think people extremely overestimate how many "Genwunners" there are, but eh.

I hope we still get some new Pokémon, at least. ;;

I agree with this completely. And as for the last part, in all honestly all the people I know IRL are basically those people, who do take note of the later gens but are still pretty typical. There is also the fact that all the merch I see of pokemon is only of Pikachu, eevee, the first gen starters and 1st gen in general and it can get really frustrating at times when you're a huge fan of gen 3 and want merch of gen 3's starters but you cant.

But unfortunately that is the fanbase. Pokemon go was popular, first gen is popular, when the company tried to do something different with the games with Black and White the overall fanbase hated it and it's still generally the most hated gen as far as I can tell, since it gets hated on outside the internet. XY was well liked probably because of its similarities to kanto. People just want Kanto and that's it. And I will forever be salty about this and the fanbase's inability to accept change.

Its not like I hate Kanto or anything. I still like it and the pokemon from it. I just wish it wasn't so overused or over saturated, and I kind of wish people weren't so obsessed with it. I get that it's because of nostalgia, but even I don't have this same love for gen 3 even though it was the gen I grew up with mostly. I've never seen people been so obsessed over nostalgia over other things as they do with 1st gen. When your favourites are 3rd, 4th and 2nd gen it can get very annoying experiencing this whenever you interact with a general pokemon fan IRL. And I JUST WANT A MUG OR BAG WITH THIRD GEN ON IT NOT 1ST GEN IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK ZING.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:45:56 17/05/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1592 Posted: 08:43:19 17/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I actually see quite the opposite (Both IRL and online); everyone loves Gen V (Or, rather, at least B/W), yet hates X/Y.

I personally don't think GO is much of an indication of anything, but that's just me. *shrug*
(Especially since it seems to have died down a lot lately - So it seems more likely that it was popular simply because it was a Pokémon game for phones and mobile devices, rather than it having anything to do with Gen I specifically, imo)
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:48:30 17/05/2018 by Sesshomaru75
#1593 Posted: 09:06:48 17/05/2018
Goddammit I wish I was in your situation aha. I'd love to meet someone who likes gen 5 like I do IRL. Instead it gets hated on because the graphics suck. It makes me very salty as you can see. At a con that I went to, all the badge sets of each region were sold out except for B/W, and there were heaps of B/W left with some DDPT. :')

Oh yeah the hype definitely has died down. I think people still play it, but not near to the extent. It did become very successful though. But I hope they don't link it too much.... like I don't want to like, have to use the portable switch to catch pokemon outside in pokemon go style or something. I just want a traditional pokemon playthrough on a console. omg this makes me sound like i don't want to walk outside when that's not the case haha.

Although as an irl friend of mine said, it DOES somewhat makes sense for them to go back to gen 1 on the switch if they're looking for a new start or something, then redo gens 2-7. I also think that it was too early to have gen 8 anyway, but I did secretly wish they would have given gen 7 a third chance of releasing it's real potential with Stars but since the Ultra games now exist thats probably not happening.....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:07:45 17/05/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1594 Posted: 09:13:42 17/05/2018 | Topic Creator
I'd honestly just rather have Gen VIII, to be quite frank. We don't need a "new start", we need a new experience for the new console. Kanto, regardless of how "different" it'll be, won't be a new start.

People can argue that "It might be a different Kanto than what we're used to" all they want, but at that point why not just make an entirely new region if it's really going to be that different?
Otherwise it isn't that different, which would be even worse.

I've also seen people argue that this is their way of "holding over the fans until Gen VIII", or that this'll be good for them to "test" the Switch for future games, but I find both of those to be pretty shallow and lame excuses. :/
---
#1595 Posted: 10:15:54 17/05/2018
I honestly agree with you there. I think having kanto does make sense and can introduce the younger generation to 1st gen, but I'd rather they not go that route and do something different if they want 'a fresh start'. I'd rather not have another visit to Kanto ether. >.>

Also the fact that this could mean we may be waiting longer for Sinnoh remakes :')

Im actually hoping it would be more like Pokemon Colosseum, or at least remind me of it. I've been wanting another Shadow Pokemon game but accepted it's not happening. Especially since those games did have mostly 1st and 2nd gen from what I remember, and your starters where Espeon, Umbreon and Eevee in XD....
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:25:13 17/05/2018 by DarkCynder_543
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2410
#1596 Posted: 14:42:18 17/05/2018
Just jumping in to say, as someone who's never played through Kanto, I'm really looking forward to 'LG!PE' (is that a thing yet? haha) if it's the real deal.
#1597 Posted: 14:53:41 17/05/2018
I suggest calling it Pokémon Legpee.
---
#1598 Posted: 18:56:58 17/05/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: yelvy
Just jumping in to say, as someone who's never played through Kanto, I'm really looking forward to 'LG!PE' (is that a thing yet? haha) if it's the real deal.

then u have bad taste smilie
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2410
#1599 Posted: 11:58:30 19/05/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: yelvy

then u have bad taste smilie

Maybe... haha smilie

I mean, out of a new region, Sinnoh remakes, or this, I admit that Yellow remakes(?) would initially be what I would be the least excited about, but if it means that by the time we get the other two the developers have perfected their Pokémon Switch experience, then I'm all in.
#1600 Posted: 15:43:01 24/05/2018
HE IS HERE!!

---
First | Previous | Page 32 of 39 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 37 38 39

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me