Forum

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Starcast
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V4: Ultra Beginnings
First | Previous | Page 21 of 21
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V4: Ultra Beginnings
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1263
#1001 Posted: 00:25:21 13/01/2018
Wierd to think we’ll probably have 1000 Pokémon soon.
---
something creative
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4121
#1002 Posted: 00:26:52 13/01/2018
the 1000th pokemon better be special we can't blow the big 1k like we did with 666
---
Quote: Metallo

Ass .

#1003 Posted: 00:31:26 13/01/2018
Quote: ZapNorris

the 1000th pokemon better be special we can't blow the big 1k like we did with 666

The thing about Vivillon and why it’s evil is because you need all of them.

But yeah, as long as they don’t add another new type anytime soon, I’m OK. A change in the meta is good and all but there aren’t many fairies I like that weren’t from older games (like Wigglytuff) or thise that look more focused on one type (Mimikyu)
---
something creative
#1004 Posted: 00:32:09 13/01/2018
WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE TYPES OK

fairy types "balancing the meta" is bull****. they only made things worse.

also, Kyogre's in GO now.
---

Ass .

84skylanderdude Emerald Sparx Gems: 3578
#1005 Posted: 02:10:51 13/01/2018
We need a sound type for stuff like Audino and Chatot and Meloetta and Trumbeak and so on
---
I need more redberries
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 3532
#1006 Posted: 03:11:17 13/01/2018
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Detective Pikachu is releasing worldwide and DEAR LORD

[img]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Cx7rHCz59oz4VXNjli4CPdJDx8Q=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10022615/img_01.jpg[img]

my MONSTER CONDOM for my MAGNUM AMIIBO DONG

This is the only non smash Pokémon amiibo ever.

Wasn't there a Shadow Mewtwo Amiibo card for Pokken?
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Drawdler Yellow Sparx Gems: 1693
#1007 Posted: 12:32:09 13/01/2018
The Pokkén DLC is wayyyy overpriced. I want to play Blastoise mildly but it isn't worth it at all especially with few single player modes.

Lost 51st consecutive match in Battle Tower to Regice freeze hax. Feelsbadman.
The RS AI in Battle Tower is so terrible and I love it. MAYBE YOU COULD HIT SKARMORY IF YOU USED NON-GROUND MOVES THAT AREN'T TOXIC YOU FOOLS

I have all the Contest Ribbons on Arcanine now so, time to update everyone on that I guess. I'm surprised how fast getting Ribbons actually is...

[User Posted Image]

Cute - 10/1/18
Contest Moveset: Charm, Rest, Flamethrower, Sunny Day
Can't remember, I think this one went by the smoothest. Pretty sure I got each of these Ribbons on the first try and I honestly don't remember any other contestants. Charm was helpful and made for a great combo with Rest, which kept me safe. In fact I tackled Cute Contests first because of Charm (an XD-exclusive move for Growlithe only, meaning I could not relearn it). This was a deceitful first impression of these contests.

Beauty - 10/1/18
Contest Moveset: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Charm, Rest
Easy sweep, the combo was killer and my boy's Beauty was high. Can't remember how much those Cute moves helped but I believe Rest did work in a pinch once or twice and they helped to keep the applause under control.

I only got paintings for Cute and Beauty Contests, but I just cared about the Artist Ribbon and actually thought that would need more effort so it's fine. If I really want more paintings of Arcanine, I can just use a clone from Emerald with better moves, or a different Arcanine with more specialized Conditions. (Also the GBA games make for one of the worst gens and my least favorite and I'll never play them again and see those paintings anyway, fite me)

Cool - 12/1/18
Contest Moveset: ExtremeSpeed, Iron Tail, Sunny Day, Flamethrower
Very annoying, made me frustrated, took way longer than any other category. It feels like I won this through luck. There's such a variety of Pokémon in the Master rank here and they had the scariest strategies to me.
Shoutout to Taria and that ridiculous Dragon Dance + Hyper Beam... That thankfully I beat in my winning match. I couldn't believe that.
ExtremeSpeed helped to steal full applause a few times, though there were others like Welow with Agility who also used speed-boosting moves after me and stole it instead. Thankfully that didn't happen too often and not in any matches I was really hopeful about.
One more honorable mention to Casty for inspiring the "disrupt" strategy I ended up using for Smart and Tough Contests.
Oh, and Wobet ended up using Destiny Bond on its second turn once. I knew NPCs could do stuff like that on Turn 4, but Turn 2? I'm never going to forget that sheer stupidity.

Tough - 12/1/18
Contest Moveset: ExtremeSpeed, Strength, Sunny Day, Flamethrower
Very annoying and Master Rank took repeats, but not the hardest. Don't feel like I have a ton to say except I was really just hoping for Lairn to be dumb or not show up because of the annoying combos it used. Cubin was also a strong opponent but weirdly, never managed to beat me. Rados beat me a couple of times but I don't have much to say about it except... It used a pretty similar combo-spam style to me. Heh. I have a weird respect for it, but it helps that I already like Gyarados.
That was all that really sticks with me about this category and Lairn was all that really bothered me. I can't remember it that well because most of it just breezed by despite a lack of good Tough moves on me.

The "disrupt" strategy I mentioned was really just using disruptive moves to keep the applause meter low. Then nobody could use that for a comeback and I didn't really have to plan around it. I only used Strength to take full applause once or twice in all my Tough Contest attempts. If I expected applause to be high in the next turn I could also use ExtremeSpeed in advance to then use Sunny Day while, hopefully, the applause meter was at 3 or 4- something I did in the Smart category too.
At this point I was annoyed of trying to get more moves, and since I managed to win the Tough contests relying mostly on my "disrupt" strategy I went into Smart contests with no Smart moves. I could have grabbed Odor Sleuth, but honestly, it didn't sound useful to me.

Smart - 13/1/18 (at like 1 am lol)
Contest Moveset: ExtremeSpeed, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Bite
The final category I tackled was thankfully much easier than my Tough or Smart contests. Master Rank only took 2-3 retries, and while opponents did a good job with annoying strategies that scrambled up matches, I didn't find the strategies actually threatening because only Casty really managed to stack up hearts against me.
My winning Master Rank match was hilariously clumsy and had a bunch of missed turns, everyone getting only 2-3 hearts whenever they got them, but... Well, everyone suffered from it. I only managed to pull through with a final Sunny Day + Flamethrower that didn't get disrupted, despite Arcanine getting nervous the other time I tried to set it up.
I think I'm lucky Casty wasn't in that match because its Sunny Day + Weather Ball probably could have floored me, or at least matched me and won with Casty's higher condition. I never thought Castform could seem so threatening.

Master Rank Contests aren't really as hard as people say. Just annoying at times.
---
only people from british will get this
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:29 13/01/2018 by Drawdler
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 8752
#1008 Posted: 14:51:55 13/01/2018
Quote: Seiki

Yeah, there was.
Also, Pokemon Rumble U had NFC figures which were kinda like a spiritual predecessor of amiibo.
---
Something's burning. Must be my arrows!
#1009 Posted: 21:44:25 13/01/2018
you know what they should base a pokemon on? the Dunkleosteus.

steel/water type. horrible speed stats but decent Atk/SpA stats and wonderful Def/SpD
---

Ass .

#1010 Posted: 06:00:02 14/01/2018
Quote: Seiki

Quote: emeraldzoroark

Detective Pikachu is releasing worldwide and DEAR LORD

[img]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Cx7rHCz59oz4VXNjli4CPdJDx8Q=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10022615/img_01.jpg[img]

my MONSTER CONDOM for my MAGNUM AMIIBO DONG

This is the only non smash Pokémon amiibo ever.

Oh **** I always forget about that, but even so that's a card rather than an actual amiibo.
---
I need more redberries
#1011 Posted: 01:02:01 15/01/2018
friendly reminder that zygarde 10 percent has a glowing hexagonal asshole
---

Ass .

HIR Platinum Sparx Gems: 7275
#1012 Posted: 02:00:19 15/01/2018
I mean, who can forget Feraligatr's Gen III back sprite? *shrug*
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#1013 Posted: 07:31:24 15/01/2018
Or the Whismur line
---
something creative
#1014 Posted: 08:09:23 15/01/2018
Quote: HIR

you mean THICCALIGATR

edit:

i've been testing out a new Ambipom set.

>toxic orb
>acrobatics, fling, work up, facade
>work up turn one to raise stats and get poisoned
>fling the orb
>facade
>then acrobatics

GENIUS
---

Ass .

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:50:28 16/01/2018 by ZapNorris
#1015 Posted: 18:18:57 16/01/2018

Quote: HIR

you mean THICCALIGATR

edit:

i've been testing out a new Ambipom set.

>toxic orb
>acrobatics, fling, work up, facade
>work up turn one to raise stats and get poisoned
>fling the orb
>facade
>then acrobatics

GENIUS

Good ideas, but you are completely blocked by stuff like Aggron. Also none of Ambipom’s abilities benefit this moveset, as Acrobatics is only affected if it isn’t doubled.
---
something creative
#1016 Posted: 20:44:47 16/01/2018
finally got a darkrai today
---

Ass .

#1017 Posted: 22:00:55 16/01/2018
**** yeah just finished up my first Mewtwo raid in Go and caught it on the second ball
---
I need more redberries
KrystalLBX Green Sparx Gems: 112
#1018 Posted: 02:14:40 18/01/2018
Oh yeah forgot to mention

Got some more wormhole shinies

Grumpig (made it have modest nature)
And Heliosk (If I remember right I made it timid nature)

note: Made it equals SR'd the wormhole with a synchronizer until it was right nature
---
New Years Resolution: Be more confident
alicecarp Diamond Sparx Gems: 8752
#1019 Posted: 08:26:47 18/01/2018
I caught my first non-legendary wormhole shiny last Friday which was a Swanna.

I went back to Pokeradar chaining on Platinum yesterday and caught a shiny Staravia from a chain of 40 and a shiny Bibarel from a chain of 14.
---
Something's burning. Must be my arrows!
First | Previous | Page 21 of 21
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me