Forum

Poll

Favourite Upgrade Path: Aurora
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V4
First | Previous | Page 13 of 14 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
All-Purpose Pokémon Topic V4
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4014
#601 Posted: 16:00:03 13/11/2017
Quote: HIR

Quote: ZapNorris

so are you able to access ultra ride after the ult necrozma stuff on poni?? or does it not become accessible until after RR?

filler

It is available as soon as you beat Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane Necrozma and are told to chase it into Ultra Megalopolis. However, the first time is a tutorial wormhole. All you can access are random Ultra Space pockets with wild Pokémon. If you make it to the end, you reach Ultra Megalopolis. The tutorial wormhole is much shorter than the actual ones. After you beat Ultra Necrozma, you are free to go into the Ultra Wormhole as much as you like. This includes during the events of Episode Rainbow Rocket. So far, I've been able to get two Legendaries (Regice and Thundurus). Unlike ORAS, it appears this is entirely based on random chance. Which, again, is a poor implementation and a change to something that didn't need to be fixed.

Also, I'm ashamed it took me so long to realize this, but Poipole's name is just "purple" if someone said it in a funny accent. GG, Game Freak. <.>

filler

poipole sounds like anime meowth named it.

filler

edit-

turns out ultra wormholes have a good chance for shiny encounters, as HIR found.
here's a video i found on it, explaining how the ring rarities work and such. you can also turn off gyro controls after the first entry, thank god.

also note this confirms that you'll be able to repeat the UB encounters. so rather than only being able to get the ONE nihilego, you can get a bunch of nihilegos depending on rng. also, UBs aren't shiny locked in USUM. have fun!
---
it really do be like dat sometimes
swiggity swag, get in the bag
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:31:33 14/11/2017 by ZapNorris
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 3627
#602 Posted: 14:08:57 14/11/2017
New Japanese Pokemon trailer, might get an English one later today! Also seems to cover what Pokebank Reward Pokemon we'll get?

Edit; English trailer is here!

---
WANNA BE IN THE DS THANKGIVING SPECIAL? TELL ME ON MY GB!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:15:02 14/11/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
HIR Platinum Sparx Gems: 7149
#603 Posted: 17:15:13 14/11/2017
Damn it, Game Freak, that Necrozma stuff was supposed to be the big secret and you spoiled it, like, 3 days before release.

It's also a win button, because you can get access to it in Victory Road, and it is roughly 8-9 levels higher than every 'mon used by the Elite Four, and 5 levels higher than Hau's starter. Never before has capturing the version mascot made you so overpowered.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
emeraldzoroark Yellow Sparx Gems: 1151
#604 Posted: 18:33:58 14/11/2017
Sorry, what was that thing about Hoopa at the end of the Japanese tailer?

Also, where is Kecleon in the game?
---
HIHD is lying. I am the biggest Zoroark fan.
#605 Posted: 19:12:44 14/11/2017
Important new regarding the controls of a certain thing.

---
#606 Posted: 19:25:40 14/11/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Important new regarding the controls of a certain thing.

THERE IS A GOD!
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#607 Posted: 19:48:50 14/11/2017
Quote: emeraldzoroark

Sorry, what was that thing about Hoopa at the end of the Japanese tailer?

Also, where is Kecleon in the game?

Never mind, I found out where it is.

- - -
---
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5152
#608 Posted: 20:13:39 14/11/2017
Well, duh, there's an Arceus. Just get an azure flute, climb to the top of Mount Coronet, play the Pokémon theme, done.

I'm still so mad that ever never came to pass. It's so perfect and short.
---
I do art
Roses are red, five comes after four
"None of this is good Vector, that's why it's called war"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:13:58 14/11/2017 by Bifrost
#609 Posted: 20:17:52 14/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost

Well, duh, there's an Arceus. Just get an azure flute, climb to the top of Mount Coronet, play the Pokémon theme, done.

I'm still so mad that ever never came to pass. It's so perfect and short.

It was too complicated though.
---
#610 Posted: 21:15:23 14/11/2017
Not as complicated as 'go fish in this spot for 1% chance and you won't even get a hint that it's there' that so many regular mons have
---
I do art
#611 Posted: 21:36:27 14/11/2017
Quote: Bifrost

Not as complicated as 'go fish in this spot for 1% chance and you won't even get a hint that it's there' that so many regular mons have

Or “go check every single one of these 600 tiles 2-3 times, there might be a brown fish there.
---
#612 Posted: 21:43:52 14/11/2017
Then swallow your pride at catching this ugly ass Magikarp clone and grind for poképuffs/pokéblocks until it's a pretty fish that you could probably get through trading instead
---
I do art
#613 Posted: 21:45:23 14/11/2017
What’s that? You fed it too much? Well, looks like you can’t feed it again. Ever.
---
#614 Posted: 23:41:43 14/11/2017
Can confirm use of the Circle Pad makes the Ultra Ride much more tolerable. In 6 trips through the wormhole I got Yveltal, Xurkitree, Regigigas, and Palkia.

<.<;;
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#615 Posted: 00:06:51 15/11/2017
info about how you get the new version-exclusive UBs.

UB Burst and UB Assembly appear at the post game, at ancient poni path. there's only two of each.

you also get type: null right before this from wicke.
---
#616 Posted: 01:26:16 15/11/2017
Shinies HIR has obtained randomly, without hunting:
Gens I-VI and SM: 0
Ultra Moon: 2

[User Posted Image]

PRAISE BE TO NECROZMA, GOD OF HAXY ULTRA WORMHOLE RNG!

It's kinda ridiculous.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
KrystalLBX Red Sparx Gems: 0
#617 Posted: 01:48:52 15/11/2017
All hail Ultra RNGesus for that random shiny in Ultra space.

ANOTHER SHINY?! You are lucky HIR

Also about portalsim
dataminers found which legendaries can be found in which colored wormholes ex: yellow portals allow to encounter latias,latios,lugia and some other, and white wormholes lead to ub's

Lately I been loving the Nebby evolutions more and more, along with Necrozma

It's too pretty!!!! smilie Now I wanna name Necrozma something innocent like Bebe' or Sugar
[User Posted Image]

Not to mention the Nebby-crozma forms
[User Posted Image]

Also news from Serebii
[User Posted Image]
New theme to go with release
A special 3DS theme has been announced for the 3DS. This theme is based on Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon with Dusk Mane Necrozma & Dawn Wings Necrozma and features the game's background theme. Currently release is confirmed to be this Friday with the release of the game
---
I don't care that I am red now
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:40:30 15/11/2017 by KrystalLBX
#618 Posted: 03:22:44 15/11/2017
So, about Rainbow Rocket...

I see where all the effort in this game went toward. There's an absurd amount of Gen I nostalgia pandering with this, of course. Each portion of Lusamine's mansion is filled with the staples of Team Rocket bases (warp panel maze, arrow tile puzzles) along with some new stuff (like puzzles that are just playing Simon). But the Rainbow Rocket grunts are hilarious. Easily the most personality given to any version of Team Rocket except the anime trio. There's a lot of lampshade hanging at the stuff that Team Rocket's done in past games. Also, Guzma's around to quite literally beat up Rocket grunts. And Lillie actually battles with you against Faba. She has a level 60 Clefairy and Faba's AI seems programmed to gun for that Clefairy. It's surprisingly resilient, though.

At the same time, it's pretty clear that all the "enhanced difficulty" that you expect to find in a 3rd version game (but was conspicuously absent from the main campaign) ended up here. Yes, the grunts use the standard Team Rocket 'mons, including Kantonian Persian, Muk, and Raticate. However, unlike past games, they're packing decent movesets designed to hit hard (including Move Tutor moves for type coverage). Or they have hax strategies (Haunter/Gengar that uses Destiny Bond turn 1, parafusion and paraflinching, Swagger + Foul Play). Not to mention, they're all at level 62+, which is likely either on par or slightly below the levels you finished the main campaign at. Of course, you could go to the other parts of Poni Island and grind up, since you are welcome to leave Team Rocket's Castle at any time. The big thing, though, is the bosses. Now, people were speculating that they'd all be using Megas. Not the case, as the game strongly implies all the bosses (sans Lysandre) are from universes where Mega Evolution doesn't exist. Instead...

[User Posted Image]
Fan games are officially canon, guys!

Archie uses Kyogre, Maxie uses Groudon, Cyrus uses Dialga (US) or Palkia (UM), Lysandre uses Xerneas (US) or Yveltal (UM), and Ghetsis uses Reshiram (UM) or Zekrom (US). I think this is the first time in Pokémon history that Maxie is actually a tougher battle than Archie. Because his Groudon has perfect type coverage (including Solar Beam) and can probably survive a Z-Move. Of course, using the Legendaries you get from the wormholes could easily offset this, I would imagine. But Nuzlockers are gonna have a bad time.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:29 16/11/2017 by HIR
#619 Posted: 03:30:58 15/11/2017
@HIR
i heard ultra wormholes have really good shiny odds, so you're not alone. congrats on the shiny abomasnow tho.

-
---
#620 Posted: 03:31:50 15/11/2017
The more common shines make me very happy, tbh. What Pokemon can you find in worm holes that you can't find on Alola?
---
#621 Posted: 04:20:19 15/11/2017

The more common shines make me very happy, tbh. What Pokemon can you find in worm holes that you can't find on Alola?

*ahem*

Voltorb, Electrode
Yanma, Yanmega
Wooper, Quagsire
Slugma, Magcargo
Lotad family
Seedot family
Tailow, Swellow
Meditite, Medicham
Spoink, Grumpig
Swablu, Altaria
Buizel, Floatzel
Hippopotas, Hippowdon
Skorupi, Drapion
Snover, Abomasnow
Audino
Dwebble, Crustle
Sigilyph
Ducklett, Swanna
Stunfisk
Binacle, Barbaracle
Helioptile, Heliolisk

excluding legends and UBs

EDIT: decided to change Slowbro to Vaporeon in my US team.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:45:20 15/11/2017 by ZapNorris
#622 Posted: 20:14:36 15/11/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

*ahem*

Voltorb, Electrode
Yanma, Yanmega
Wooper, Quagsire
Slugma, Magcargo
Lotad family
Seedot family
Tailow, Swellow
Meditite, Medicham
Spoink, Grumpig
Swablu, Altaria
Buizel, Floatzel
Hippopotas, Hippowdon
Skorupi, Drapion
Snover, Abomasnow
Audino
Dwebble, Crustle
Sigilyph
Ducklett, Swanna
Stunfisk
Binacle, Barbaracle
Helioptile, Heliolisk

excluding legends and UBs

EDIT: decided to change Slowbro to Vaporeon in my US team.

Damn...
Better get the Synchronizers ready.
---
#623 Posted: 22:01:26 15/11/2017
so uh

we're getting guzz-lore in USUM

The Ultra Ruin is indeed an alternate Hau'oli City, based on the in-game text.

Something happened to the power plant in this Alola, polluting it. Almost everyone has left to other planets, including an alternate Main Character. Only one NPC is met in Ultra Ruin, who says he is sticking around because Mr Gluttony (Guzzlord) is still there.

He says that there were more of Guzzlords before but the number has slowly been decreasing.
---
#624 Posted: 00:30:23 16/11/2017
And that's Episode RR done and dusted. Final notes/thoughts:

-Lysandre apparently had enough time to build his own Ultimate Weapon in Lusamine's mansion, because of course he did. His team's pretty buffed compared to XY, mostly thanks to his Mega Gyarados and Xerneas/Yveltal.
-Ghetsis (as expected) proves to be the most heinous out of everyone. He ambushes you before you can get to Giovanni, insults N, says he planned to use Giovanni as a pawn the same way he did N, and then battles you. His team, however, has been heavily nerfed. He lost a Pokémon (because no one's allowed to have 6 Pokémon unless they're a champion, damn it!), his Hydreigon can't touch fairy-types, and better 'mons like his Eelektross weren't included. On the other hand, just as he was a cheater in Gen V, he continues to be a cheater here. His Reshiram/Zekrom know Blue Flare/Bolt Strike, which they don't normally get until level 100. When you beat him, he straight up attacks Lillie, and when you refuse to release your Poké Balls, is about to kill her. Then Colress swoops in out of nowhere (apparently he invented Harry Potter's invisibility cloak and was tailing you the whole time), says he despises Ghetsis, and warps him away with a Colress machine.
-You then get to Giovanni, whose evil plan is, as it turns out, to make an army of UB's using Aether's wormhole technology. You battle; he had Mega Mewtwo Y in my case, but Dark Memory Silvally took care of it. When beaten, he agrees to relent, but vows we haven't heard the last of Team RR. He then vanishes and Colress restores Lusamine's mansion with nanomachines, son. She wakes up, has a tearful reunion with Lillie, and promptly demotes Faba to an intern for his betrayal. It ends with massive Player x Lillie ship tease ("I hope you'll come with me on my own island challenge"). Then it cuts to Giovanni, who flat-out states he's going to another world to cause more evil, and he warps away with, I dunno, an interdimensional warp machine. Clearly, Giovanni and Team Rocket are coming back again at some point.
-Overall, much more fun than the first two islands of the main story. I won't be surprised if people speed through to reach this.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#625 Posted: 00:32:25 16/11/2017
Colress is pretty... Overpowered, compared to the character they estabilished before.

In B2W2 it seemed like a big deal that he could DNA splice and he was just going off the science high, now he's just using magic by any other name?
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:01 16/11/2017 by Bifrost
#626 Posted: 00:48:01 16/11/2017
Well they're two different Colresses.

Also, the game's story shows him agreeing to partner with the Ultra Recon Squad. The odds are he's actually using Ultra Megalopolis/URS tech to perfect his Colress Machines.

EDIT: SUPER IMPORTANT POST-GAME THINGAMAJIG, PLEASE READ! (I'm spoilering it just in case, but it's a tweak to a returning mechanic)

So, the Battle Tree is back. And every Mega Stone can indeed now be obtained in game. However, with the sole exception of the Alakazite you get from Dexio, they will all cost you 64 BP. So, be prepared to grind the Battle Tree, Battle Royale, or Mantine Surfing if you want them all.

HOWEVER, the Battle Tree mechanics have been changed. Only the Super Battle formats will now lock you into VGC rules. In the Normal Battle formats, you are allowed to bring any, and I mean any Pokémon in the National Dex (as long as your Battle Box doesn't have 2 Pokémon holding the same items). Yes, that includes Mega Rayquaza, Mega Mewtwo, the Primals, Arceus, and Ultra Necrozma. I tested it with a Necrozma in my party, and then with Palkia, and both of them cleared. No idea if this means the AI will get access to Legendaries and Mythicals or not.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:21:52 16/11/2017 by HIR
Seiki Emerald Sparx Gems: 3413
#627 Posted: 03:45:38 16/11/2017
I have 1 extra Shiny Silvally code if anyone couldn't get one and wants it.

EDIT: Code's been sent to someone.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:59:39 16/11/2017 by Seiki
#628 Posted: 17:24:25 16/11/2017
THE GAME COMES OUT TOMORROW MY DUDES

edit: decided ill use noibat as a surrogate for bagon until i get the lapras ride, THEN go back to seaward cave and get to that grass patch where you have like a 10 percent chance of getting bagon
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:51:46 16/11/2017 by ZapNorris
#629 Posted: 02:52:44 17/11/2017
Pro tip, all:

If you want Lunalium Z in US or Solganium Z in UM, you have to go to the reverse world, let your Solgaleo (US)/Lunala (UM) have freaky UB sex with its counterpart, and get a Cosmog. It'll be holding the Z-Crystal.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#630 Posted: 02:56:35 17/11/2017

Pro tip, all:

If you want Lunalium Z in US or Solganium Z in UM, you have to go to the reverse world, let your Solgaleo (US)/Lunala (UM) have freaky UB sex with its counterpart, and get a Cosmog. It'll be holding the Z-Crystal.

Question for you regarding totem Pokemon and totem stickers

Can you get multiple Totem Pokemon? Like more than one Totem Kommo-o? Are there version exclusive Totems?
---
#631 Posted: 03:06:07 17/11/2017

Pro tip, all:

becky, lemme ultra smash

- - -
---
#632 Posted: 04:06:36 17/11/2017

Pro tip, all:

Can you get multiple Totem Pokemon? Like more than one Totem Kommo-o? Are there version exclusive Totems?

No, Totem limit is one of each per save file. And yes, there are version exclusives. IIRC, Ultra Sun gets Gumshoos, Lurantis, Marowak, Vikavolt, and Ribombee, while Ultra Moon gets Faticate, Araquanid, Salazzle, Togedemaru, and Kommo-o.

5char
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#633 Posted: 04:08:25 17/11/2017

Pro tip, all:

No, Totem limit is one of each per save file. And yes, there are version exclusives. IIRC, Ultra Sun gets Gumshoos, Lurantis, Marowak, Vikavolt, and Ribombee, while Ultra Moon gets Faticate, Araquanid, Salazzle, Togedemaru, and Kommo-o.

5char

Can you trade them between games?

5char
---
#634 Posted: 12:56:25 17/11/2017
@HIHD

I believe so. Preliminary testing by dataminer SciresM confirms that the Totems from SM can be traded over to SM without any issues, and they can be put in Bank from SM. Presumably, they're safe to trade between USUM copies.

On an unrelated note, I'm definitely having fun with Alola Photo Club. XP

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#635 Posted: 13:58:11 17/11/2017
Important thing I need to day regarding totems

I NEED SOMEONE WILLING TO TRADE ME A TOTEM KOMMO-O
---
kardonis Emerald Sparx Gems: 3751
#636 Posted: 17:50:05 17/11/2017
Question, does anybody know if pokebank is available to use with USUM yet? Or do we need to wait for another update first?
---
"I'm a princess, I deserve to be treated better than this"
#637 Posted: 18:01:41 17/11/2017

Important thing I need to day regarding totems

I NEED SOMEONE WILLING TO TRADE ME A TOTEM KOMMO-O

I don't have mine yet (missing a few stickers), but if you're okay with a cloned 'mon, I can trade you one.

Quote: kardonis

Question, does anybody know if pokebank is available to use with USUM yet? Or do we need to wait for another update first?

The latest rumors are that USUM support is coming toward the end of the month. Remember SM didn't get support until January.
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#638 Posted: 18:08:19 17/11/2017
so the UBs can indeed be shiny hunted. finally found some videos of shiny UBs this morning.

i really want that Nihilego
---
kardonis Emerald Sparx Gems: 3751
#639 Posted: 18:41:17 17/11/2017
Alright thanks.
---
"I'm a princess, I deserve to be treated better than this"
#640 Posted: 20:06:25 17/11/2017
@HIR

Thank you so much, HIR. I don't mind a clone. *kisses your cheek*

So I got Ultra Sun and an Arcanine plush and also some major news for Pokemon Merch collectors

Pokemon Center STORES will be coming to the USA! I went to Gamestop today to get my US copy and they had the Final Evo Alola Starter Plushes! Almost got Incineroar, but it was a bit pricey, so I held off for now, but plan to get my boy Roary soon.
---
#641 Posted: 21:28:45 17/11/2017
Zorua’s Ultra Moon dex entry is adorable.
If a normally talkative child suddenly stops talking, it may have been replaced by Zorua.

Best part is that Zorua is found in the trainer school.
---
#642 Posted: 21:57:16 17/11/2017
That's even worse in the hands of someone with more mature stories to write.

Didn't people in the middle ages blame child abuse on Changelings, so it's totally ok to beat up your failure child so the faeries will replace it with a "working" one? Could apply the same to abusing a kid in the Pokémon world because it's totes a Zorua and not your real one.
God I'll avoid zorua themed fanfics in the future for sure, even if I rarely read any
---
I do art
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:57:58 17/11/2017 by Bifrost
#643 Posted: 22:09:41 17/11/2017
So far planed team is Rowlet, Duskanroc, Alolan Marowak, and Tyranitar.
---
#644 Posted: 22:23:53 17/11/2017
Nah, Lucario's Ultra Moon dex entry is the best.

Lucario reads its opponent’s feelings with its aura waves. It finds out things it would rather not know, so it gets stressed out easily.

So, basically, your Lucario hears you having sex. ^.^b

Since I did my legit playthrough in Ultra Moon, I'm going to speed through Ultra Sun with a team of Lucario, Milotic, Absol, Ho-Oh (thanks Dream Radar), Giratina (thanks Ruins of Alph), and Mew (old Mystery Gift).
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#645 Posted: 22:28:44 17/11/2017

Nah, Lucario's Ultra Moon dex entry is the best.

Lucario reads its opponent’s feelings with its aura waves. It finds out things it would rather not know, so it gets stressed out easily.

So, basically, your Lucario hears you having sex. ^.^b

Since I did my legit playthrough in Ultra Moon, I'm going to speed through Ultra Sun with a team of Lucario, Milotic, Absol, Ho-Oh (thanks Dream Radar), Giratina (thanks Ruins of Alph), and Mew (old Mystery Gift).

Oh come on, when Lucario hears me getting busy, it bothers him, but when he gets action with my Lopunny, I'm supposed to not bat an eye?

5char
---
#646 Posted: 23:23:25 17/11/2017
The way I see it, there are two types of Lucarios. One that, like their Dex entries state, are fiercely loyal to their trainers and tend to simply focus on training their auras and battling nonstop. Those are the ones whose innocence are ruined by what the hear from their trainer.

And then the other kind are the ones that the internet loves. Friskier than a horny teenager. >.>

filler
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#647 Posted: 23:25:28 17/11/2017
I noticed how much faster the animation for Fury Swipes is.
---
KrystalLBX Red Sparx Gems: 0
#648 Posted: 23:49:58 17/11/2017
I have to wait a few hours for my mom to get home from work so I can pick up my copy (she needs to finish paying for it)

:"(
---
I don't care that I am red now
#649 Posted: 00:24:16 18/11/2017
@HIHD: I've got the totem. Send me your FC and I'll trade her over... unless the data miners were lying and it doesn't work. XP
---
*sigh*
What a drag...
#650 Posted: 00:28:54 18/11/2017

@HIHD: I've got the totem. Send me your FC and I'll trade her over... unless the data miners were lying and it doesn't work. XP

WAIT IT'S A GIRL?

I WANNA BOY >.<
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 14 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me