darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Battle Arena - Quotes! [Potential Spoilers]
Page 1 of 1
Battle Arena - Quotes! [Potential Spoilers]
Slvr Red Sparx Gems: 87
#1 Posted: 02:49:49 30/08/2017 | Topic Creator
First and foremost- hello everyone! I'm new to the forums, and am ecstatic to find a Skylanders forum that is - *gasp* - ALIVE... as I am an avid collector (403 figures total, and a lot of memorabilia on the side) and as well as play the games and deal with the figures, I love to delve into the lore (or... lack thereof... but I'll get to more of that in the fanbase forums, I'm thinking smilie ). Now, to my actual topic...

The battle arenas in Imaginators, despite being the same stage, manage to keep things interesting by increasing in level as they are beaten as well as having Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy, villains that people may remember from Skylanders: Trap Team, as commentators. As a reward for beating a stage, you're gifted with some more imaginite. However, some of the things Chill Bill and Broccoli Guy say... they are simply priceless. I haven't logged every phrase they can say (I feel like I'm finding more all the time, haha!) but here are some that I have so far!

This *may* contain spoilers, depending on whether you've played the arenas or not.
Broccoli Guy
  • “Oh boy! It looks like the sheep have finally risen up and come to take what’s theirs.” This plays whenever a sheep enemy comes up. It especially seems to come forward when your Skylander is hit by a sheep enemy.
  • “Broccoli Guy’s all, ‘what!?’”
  • “Okay, now this party just became official - ‘cause we got chompies in the house!” Typically plays whenever Chompies spawn as enemies on the platform.
  • “And another one bites the dust! And believe me, too, it does not taste good. Dust, I mean. Not good.” Plays sometimes upon the defeat of an enemy.
  • “Oh, so true, Chill Bill. And I guess I always realized that they kicked butt, I just didn’t know that they kicked this MUCH butt.” This is in response to one of Chill Bill’s lines, in which he tells Broccoli Guy that the Skylanders are kicking a lot of butt that day.
  • “At this point, I’m just wondering why the bad guys don’t just pack up and go home.” This starts a conversation with Chill Bill. Chill Bill replies with something about their inability to coordinate well enough to just pack up and go home.
  • “Whu-oh, we have ourselves a classic case of defeated enemy right there.” Plays sometimes upon the death of an enemy.
  • “Oh yeah, you can say goodbye to that enemy, though I’m pretty sure he can’t hear you.” Plays sometimes upon the death of an enemy.
  • “So, I just want to know, Chill Bill, what is your take on this whole character creation business?” This starts a conversation with Chill Bill, who responds with that he thinks it’s cool.
  • “Nice!”
  • “Agh, the humanity!” This typically plays sometimes after the Skylander gets hit.
  • “Oh, yeah! Although, full disclosure here, I don’t think the weather ever actually changes in this place. I mean, it’s the same every day.” This is a response to a conversation started by Chill Bill, who inquires to Broccoli Guy about how it’s good weather for an arena battle.
  • “Ever miss being out there Chill Bill, fightin’ the Skylanders, livin’ the life?” This starts a conversation with Chill Bill, who replies with something along the lines of that while it was an exciting time, he prefers his current life.
  • “Okay, Chill Bill, I am betting 50 quatloos on the newcomer.” This is actually a reference to Star Trek and appears to play rarely upon the start of a new round.
  • “See ya later, big fella! Although, I guess we won’t really ‘see ya later,’ that’s kinda the point…” Another line that sometimes plays upon the defeat of an enemy.
  • “Oh, wow, Chill Bill, it is a pretty bad day to be a bad guy.” Plays sometimes when massive damage is inflicted on an enemy.
  • “Stop me if I’ve said this before, okay? But I have ran out of things to say and I feel like I’m just saying them again!” I’m unsure if this is the exact wording on this one - it was difficult to hear, as I was playing Drill Sergeant when I picked it up - but this one is Broccoli Guy breaking the fourth wall. I’ve only ever heard it playing at the end of a round, but that may be coincidence.
  • "Boo-yah!" There is more to this line, and it plays whenever the Skylander levels up, however, I was unable to get the full quote due to it being obscured by the noise of the battle. It's something along the lines of 'I caught the Skylander leveling up and thought I'd say boo-yah.. yeah it seemed like a good idea at the time...'
  • "This might be a good time to bring in the Broccoli Guy... Oh wait, entirely different game, never mind." This might not be exactly right, as I'm recalling this quote from memory, but this breaks the fourth wall and references Skylanders: Trap Team, as whenever he was placed in the trap slot on the Traptanium Portal and the Skylander took heavy damage, he would utter something about "You may want to bring in the Broccoli Guy." It's fitting, then, that this line is said in Imaginators whenever the Skylander is taking heavy damage.

Chill Bill
  • “Buh-bye.” Seems to play sometimes upon the defeat of an enemy.
  • “Ew. I do not like these bugs, Broccoli Guy, not at all.” This appears to be said sometimes when the beetles that take two hits to defeat are spawned.

-character limit-
---
Current Figure Total: 403
Newest Figure: Employee Edition Prism Break
Level Average of All Figures: 12.6
#2 Posted: 02:50:05 30/08/2017 | Topic Creator
  • “Oh, these bad guys simply do not stand a chance. No-chance-standers, they!”
  • “The Skylanders appear to be kicking a lot of butt today.” This starts a conversation with Broccoli Guy, in which he responds that while he knew the Skylanders kicked butt, he didn’t realize just how much they kicked.
  • “Well, I’m pretty sure that they all came together, so going home now would require a lot of coordination, and I just don’t think they have the organizational skills to pull it off.” This is a response to a conversation starter from Broccoli Guy, who asks Chill Bill why the bad guys just don’t pack up and go home.
  • “This arena battle is brought to you by Farmer Bill’s candy corn pancakes. If you can find a better candy corn pancake, you eat it!”This actually incurs a response from Broccoli Guy, but the round ended and prompted their ending/beginning round dialogues and so I wasn’t able to catch Broccoli Guy’s full response. However, if I’m not mistaken, he answers with something along the lines of, ‘I don’t know why more people don’t put candy corn on their pancakes.’
  • “Bravo, Skylanders, bravo. But how will you bear the lightning round? Actually, we do not have a lightning round, per se, but this next round should be pretty cool nonetheless.” This appears to play sometimes upon the ending and beginning of rounds.
  • “You know, Broccoli Guy, I’ve got to say it’s pretty cool. And it’s not just because I’m Chill Bill and I like to say cool a lot, or because my creators programmed me to say it.” This is a response to a conversation starter from Broccoli Guy in which he asks Chill Bill what he thinks of the character creation gimmick.
  • “And another bad guy wants a piece of the action. Good luck with that, man.” This appears to sometimes play when new enemies are spawned on the platform.
  • “This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me glad I am not fighting the Skylanders any more.” This appears to play sometimes when an enemy is damaged.
  • “Oh, the Skylander is just mowing down these bad guys like it’s, uh… Mowing day! Or something…” This appears to play particularly if lots of enemies are getting defeated quickly, such as Chompies.
  • “Don’t bring that stuff in here.”
  • “It sure is a beautiful day for an arena battle, eh, Broccoli Guy?” This is a conversation starter with Broccoli Guy.
  • “Not really. I mean, sure, it was an exciting time, but I feel I have settled into my true nature working here in sports broadcasting. And in my many charities.” This is a response to a conversation starter from Broccoli Guy, in which he asks if Chill Bill ever misses fighting the Skylanders.
  • “Oh, that’s nice.”
  • “The Skylander is taking some serious punishment. They might want to think about some serious retaliation, too.” This appears to sometimes play whenever the Skylander takes on a fair amount of damage.
  • “See you later, non-alligators!” This appears to play sometimes when enemies are defeated.
  • “Another round in the books, and it’s still anybody’s game! The Skylanders, those still-unidentified bad guys, or maybe me and Broccoli Guy come out of retirement to win it all.” This plays sometimes when the rounds end/begin.
  • “See ya, would not want to be ya!” Plays sometimes when enemies are defeated.
  • “Cool.”
  • “Looks like the Skylander is taking some ‘light damage,’ as we say in the business.” Plays sometimes when the Skylander takes heavy damage.
  • “Oh! The Skylander just leveled up! I… forgot that was a thing, for some reason.” Plays whenever your Skylander levels up in the arenas.

Trivia!
  • Only the voice lines played during the ending and beginning of rounds, and voice lines regarding leveling up, will cut off other voice lines it seems. Meaning that, for example, if Broccoli Guy goes to start the conversation about what Chill Bill thinks on character creation, and the Skylander levels up, he will be cut off and Chill Bill will say his line for when the Skylander levels up or Broccoli Guy will do his 'Boo-yah!'
  • Broccoli Guy breaks the fourth wall several times in his lines.

Do you guys know of some I may have missed? Or what do you think about these two silly ex-bad guys?
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 03:04:55 30/08/2017
I remember one line that was somewhat like-

"These plant guys look pretty bad! Broccoli Guy, you know any of these people?"

casualracism.png
#4 Posted: 03:15:52 30/08/2017 | Topic Creator
I remember hearing this and thinking the same thing! smilie Broccoli Guy also sometimes says, "I know what it's like to be young, angry, and a plant - I really do! But I can't support these mutant plants' agenda. I just can't. It's no good."
---
#5 Posted: 18:56:04 30/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, i was playing it more last night and that is the correct quote. I also find it rather hilarious that Broccoli Guy has no response for that, other than his 'can't support these mutant plants' agenda' line. xD
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#6 Posted: 22:46:45 30/08/2017
Can you do his Trap Team quotes? I love his voice do much more I that game. No one else ever commented, but try both games back to back and you'll notice has has much more of an edge in TT.
---
Any last wishes?
#7 Posted: 22:46:54 30/08/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: ZapNorris

casualracism.png

I think the correct quote is

"We got plant things in the mix now. Broccoli Guy, you know any of these people?"

that's the one, yes.
#8 Posted: 00:33:19 31/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wishblade
Can you do his Trap Team quotes? I love his voice do much more I that game. No one else ever commented, but try both games back to back and you'll notice has has much more of an edge in TT.

I sure can! He has many fewer lines in Skylanders: Trap Team than he does in Skylanders: Imaginators, but I agree, he had a bit more... oomph to his voice, so to speak?
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#9 Posted: 04:38:54 31/08/2017

casualracism.png

To be fair though, trolls are subject to racial prejudice as well.

I remember that kid in SSA when he talks to Boomer: "My mom told me I'm not allowed to play with you". I felt so bad for Boomer when I heard that. Non-evil trolls like Boomer, and later Chill Bill, will always be judged based on the violent nature of the troll majority.
---
Boop me if you see this.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#10 Posted: 06:05:54 31/08/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

casualracism.png

I remember that kid in SSA when he talks to Boomer: "My mom told me I'm not allowed to play with you". I felt so bad for Boomer when I heard that. Non-evil trolls like Boomer, and later Chill Bill, will always be judged based on the violent nature of the troll majority.

What child was this? Now I'm sad.
---
Hahahahaha
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#11 Posted: 11:14:24 31/08/2017
Quigley. He's estabilished to be a spoiled brat in Giants, which makes sense for a prince.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#12 Posted: 01:01:17 01/09/2017
How could you possibly forget about:

CB: Looks like the Skylanders are back in business. Or should I say snack in business. *laughter*

BG: Looks like the Skylanders are back in the game. Or should I say snack in the game. *laughter* I bet no one's ever made that joke before nuh uh.

I may have messed it up a bit, but that's one of my favorite things that they say
#13 Posted: 09:42:21 01/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Oh! I do remember that quote. It just didn't play while I was copying down lines. I shall edit the OP at some point... smilie
---
#14 Posted: 15:37:58 01/09/2017
Quote: Muffin Man

casualracism.png

god DAMMIT i'm sad now
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me