darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 88 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#4351 Posted: 05:51:14 09/10/2018
Merch update: The Spyro HugMe plush now has a preview image

[User Posted Image]
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#4352 Posted: 08:21:47 09/10/2018
Quote: Clank

Looks great, but most likely will cost an arm and leg, and a small fee from Moneybags.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4353 Posted: 15:22:27 09/10/2018
Well, this could be interesting (spoiler because it has the remade Fracture Hills’ picture as the thumbnail):

It could be just something written on every games’ box nowadays, just in case it’s decided to create more downloadable content, but since I do expect future Spyro games from TfB if the Reignited Trilogy does well it could be a nice way for them to show off what they can do.

Extra Orb and Eggs challenges would be nice, but what I’d really love to see are brand new levels, enemies, NPCs and even mechanics.
Cut-content or not I’ve always felt like Gateway to Glimmer deserved a fourth Homeworld and with Spring Savanna most likely getting the same treatement given to Myths Awaken, this could be our only chance to get it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#4354 Posted: 23:08:12 09/10/2018
Why do I have this feeling there's going to be a major drop of Spyro news between now and the end of tomorrow? Call it a gut feeling. Something's about to go down.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:09:13 09/10/2018 by ECDT1089
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#4355 Posted: 00:49:54 10/10/2018
Quote: ECDT1089
Why do I have this feeling there's going to be a major drop of Spyro news between now and the end of tomorrow? Call it a gut feeling. Something's about to go down.

On the day Bianca was finally revealed, I had the sudden urge to check this site-I just had a feeling about some major Spyro news, and I was happily satisfied smilie I have had that same feeling today...so I hope we're right
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#4356 Posted: 09:27:18 10/10/2018
It wouldn’t be much, but I’m at least expecting some piece of Fracture Hills-related concept art from TfB, as they’ve been doing for quite a while after the official Spyro account posted something.

Was honestly expecting it yesterday, but there was never a pattern neither for the official page’s posts nor theirs.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4357 Posted: 17:02:59 11/10/2018
New video on Twitter!

Agent 9 and Professor reveal!

It's awesome!

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...arkspyro.net%2F
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:04:08 11/10/2018 by yelvy
#4358 Posted: 17:44:41 11/10/2018
Well, this is way better than the Fracture Hills concept art!

I’m still not a big fan of Agent 9’s look even if he does look better than the concept art as usual, but I really like the Professor’s redesign!
Not entirely sure why the top of his head looks burnt, maybe it’s to give the idea he has had quite a few failed experiments in the past.

Agents 9’s Lab though... AMAZING.
Just from the quick glimpse you can already tell they improved greately on sky-boxes, which makes me eager to see the finished version of clearly unpolished levels such as Cloud Spires or Glimmer.

The expressions and animations were great as well, the overall work really made me feel like I was watching the original cutscene under a new coat of paint!

I do hope they’ll use the original sound for the blaster in the final release, they should have access to them since Astroblast from SuperChargers had nearly identical ones.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:56 11/10/2018 by Drek95
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#4359 Posted: 20:03:06 11/10/2018
Odd cutscene choice... but the Prof looks really good
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#4360 Posted: 20:08:43 11/10/2018
the professor looks like ever better from the classic one and especially and the agent 9 it's more alive and because i saw it
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#4361 Posted: 20:12:21 11/10/2018
the professor looks like simon from alvin and the chipmunks decided to retire and become a scientist
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#4362 Posted: 20:19:49 11/10/2018
I promised myself I wouldn't watch any more footage until I played the game, but I couldn't resist.

I like the Professor's new design. I think he looks more like a mole than he did in the OG. I used to think he was a bear when I first played Spyro 2 until I read the game's manual. If they ever make a new game or remake AHT, I'd love to see a TfB reimagining of Blink.

I love the sky box and background design of Agent 9's Lab. If you look carefully, you can see flying birds which shows how much more detailed this remake is.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4363 Posted: 15:43:38 12/10/2018
I just saw a image of the Professor and I think AHT Professor still looks the best but I like his design. Way better as the PS1 model.

O my gosh was PS1 Agent 9 ugly as heck ... Reignited Agent 9 looks gorgeous.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:48:42 12/10/2018 by XSparxX
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#4364 Posted: 17:31:32 12/10/2018
Playthrough of Breeze Harbor from IGN. https://www.ign.com/articles/2...ull-playthrough
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#4365 Posted: 17:59:57 12/10/2018
Youtube Video of Breeze Harbour.

---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#4366 Posted: 18:18:30 12/10/2018
Unlikely, but I wonder if we'll get a bunch of Breeze Harbor content now, like we did with Zephyr?
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#4367 Posted: 18:23:24 12/10/2018
I guess so, it would also make sense since it’s its sister level.
We didn’t get nothing for neither Fracture Hills nor the Professor and Agent 9’s cutscene.

Not going to see the video, had enough of both the first and second game, especially if it’s a full playthrough.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4368 Posted: 18:58:49 12/10/2018
https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...815089333268481

Professor concept art!

[User Posted Image]
---
#4369 Posted: 19:45:48 12/10/2018
Regarding the Professor:
I really like how his eyes are closed, not only because he resembles more a mole instead of a bear this way, but also because they’ll probably stand out more when he’ll open them during his many surprised expressions.

About the walkthrough, can anyone tell me if they shown any Orb challenge and if yes if they updated the animation for when you get one, making it bounce instead of acting like a Talisman?
It’s probably my biggest nitpick for Gateway to Glimmer so far.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4370 Posted: 19:56:11 12/10/2018
Nope, no orbs shown.

It's another one of those "Full playthroughs" where it's just them going from the beginning of the level straight to the end XP

HUD is still red instead of blue, though, if anyone's curious.

EDIT:

They literally just gave us a clip of "Trouble with the trolley, eh?"

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...838333662744577

dsgahjdgashjdghsajdsa
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:02:17 12/10/2018 by spyroid101
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4371 Posted: 20:02:12 12/10/2018
i don't think the professor's head is supposed to be burnt, i think that's just a fur-to-snout gradient
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4372 Posted: 12:09:10 13/10/2018
Only one month left, guys (at least here)!
The wait is almost over! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#4373 Posted: 19:11:40 13/10/2018
This wait feels like an eternity, I guess because we found out about the game's development early on, and then we have been waiting for them to drop the announcement for so long, and then we've been waiting the release, and then it got pushed back, which makes it feel like we've been waiting forever.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4374 Posted: 22:39:24 13/10/2018
So true. I just wanna play it now! smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#4375 Posted: 23:32:17 13/10/2018
The more I think about it, the more I feel like not releasing a demo of any kind was a criminal idea.

With how much TfB supposedly relied on fans’ feedback based on images and gameplay videos, I can only imagine how much it would have helped to make the whole fanbase try out the game on their own and perhaps find out bugs and glitches, instead of limiting that interaction to the various events.
Even just getting our hands on a few levels could have helped produce even more useful inputs.

It didn’t even had to be a lenghty nor an unlimited one, could have easily had one level from the first and second game and lasted only a week or so.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:32:48 13/10/2018 by Drek95
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#4376 Posted: 05:33:42 14/10/2018
Quote: Drek95
The more I think about it, the more I feel like not releasing a demo of any kind was a criminal idea.

With how much TfB supposedly relied on fans’ feedback based on images and gameplay videos, I can only imagine how much it would have helped to make the whole fanbase try out the game on their own and perhaps find out bugs and glitches, instead of limiting that interaction to the various events.
Even just getting our hands on a few levels could have helped produce even more useful inputs.

It didn’t even had to be a lenghty nor an unlimited one, could have easily had one level from the first and second game and lasted only a week or so.

But on the other hand, at least it will be more of a surprise, and hopefully a more joyful experience for those who haven't touched the game at all, because, remember the demos that people have played are older builds, and do not represent the final quality of the game. So the full version will most likely play a lot better anyway. But in terms of what things look like, then, I can understand that.

I honestly thought that we might have got Dark Hollow as a demo, since it's one of the shorter levels from the Spyro games. And they teased it with the first theme for PS4.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4377 Posted: 10:44:41 14/10/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

But on the other hand, at least it will be more of a surprise, and hopefully a more joyful experience for those who haven't touched the game at all, because, remember the demos that people have played are older builds, and do not represent the final quality of the game. So the full version will most likely play a lot better anyway. But in terms of what things look like, then, I can understand that.

I honestly thought that we might have got Dark Hollow as a demo, since it's one of the shorter levels from the Spyro games. And they teased it with the first theme for PS4.

You are indeed right about granting an even greater surprise effect once the game releases (out of all the levels shown so far I think the closes to being final was Artisans, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it got tweaked a bit more as well), but I think that the actual core gameplay is on the same level of the aesthetic in terms of importance.

How quickly Spyro reacts to the controls’ inputs, how he feels while he glides, charges or just runs around and stuff like that.
I absolutely understand that not even those aspects would have been final, but would have at least provided a clearer idea.
Think about how clunky the controls feel for Crash in the first game of the N.Sane Trilogy compared to the other two, that’s something you couldn’t realize just from the videos.

As for the levels, I think Stone Hill and Sunny Beach would have worked more than fine: they are both short but highlight different aspects of the gameplay; the former is quite vertical and allows for a nice showcasing of gliding, while the second would have been good to try out the swimming and climbing and even the Superflame powerup.

But yeah, now the excitement for the imminent release is even greater! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10125
#4378 Posted: 18:49:45 14/10/2018
Voice acting has been not up to the standards in this re-release based upon the teaser videos. But I will still buy this because I love Spyro and want Moneybags to have some gems. Of course my primary game this year is Warriors Orochi 4.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#4379 Posted: 19:52:49 14/10/2018
The only thing I will say about voice acting is that some minor characters (I'm talking about the people that only appear in one level) sound way more... generic? I think that's how I would describe it. I think the main cast is great, though!
#4380 Posted: 22:10:54 14/10/2018
Not Reignited-related, but I figured out I could have posted it here because of the nostalgia theme and also because I believe these were never posted before unlike the castle sketch posted a couple days ago:

[User Posted Image]

I just love how these look like actual rough sketches, and you can defitely tell how old they are by how they were still calling Spyro “Pete”.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4381 Posted: 23:30:06 14/10/2018
Not Reignited-related, but I figured out I could have posted it here because of the nostalgia theme and also because I believe these were never posted before unlike the castle sketch posted a couple days ago:

[User Posted Image]

I just love how these look like actual rough sketches, and you can defitely tell how old they are by how they were still calling Spyro “Pete”.

"Personality: scared ****less"
"Body shape: Egg w/spikes"
"Personality: kamikaze sheep"

I am DECEASED THIS IS SO FUNNY

----

I agree with yelvy on the voice acting of very minor characters-they do sound quite generic. And I'm just sitting here quietly praying that Bianca does not sound like she did in Enter the Dragonfly
---
oh my god
#4382 Posted: 23:30:10 14/10/2018
Awww, that concept of the Puffen Pop actually seems really cute!

Makes me wish it made it into the final cut 8'D
---
#4383 Posted: 00:11:28 15/10/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
"Personality: scared ****less"
"Body shape: Egg w/spikes"
"Personality: kamikaze sheep"

I am DECEASED THIS IS SO FUNNY

You forgot the part about “making Cornholio noises”. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:20 15/10/2018 by Drek95
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#4384 Posted: 05:00:59 15/10/2018
Man, I'm loving all the redesigns so far. The weakest one for me has been Sheila, who I think was changed too much for my liking (I really loved how tomboyish she was, and I think she's definitely super cute now, but I think they could have given her a unique upgrade that wasn't so different? Idk, she was always my favorite character, so I'm pickiest with her I guess), but even she looks good overall, and Elora's redesign (which is of course also a big change) I think is AWESOME.

The Professor also looks great, I love his new design, I think it's really cute, which is saying something since I didn't ever really care about the Professor as a kid. I think overall they're doing a really great job of staying true to original designs/spirit while also breathing new life into the characters. It's been really fun to see each one revealed and I can't wait to see more. And Bianca is completely perfect, she's probably my favorite reignited design I've seen.

As for voice acting, I haven't had any major complaints with it yet, and Tom Kenny sounds GREAT returning to Spyro (which I was concerned about, because I kind of preferred Carlos Alazraqui as a kid), but there have definitely been moments where I've way preferred original voices to the remake. But it's hard to judge, since I know my opinions are pretty rooted in nostalgia, and nothing has been outright bad so far either, IMO.
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
#4385 Posted: 09:19:49 15/10/2018
Anyone heard of the UK GAME Stores having a playable demo to play. I saw a tweet on Twitter. I wonder if there's a GAME store in my local city area, which is around 40 plus minutes from me. I can't check or go to town because I rarely go out, and cannbe terrified going to places. I feel this news is teasing me. Ugh.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
#4386 Posted: 10:06:28 15/10/2018
The Reignited Trilogy is going to be at PAX AUS, which in case you didn’t know is from the 26th to the 28th of October:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pla...650379006529536

Guess it’s going to be the same demo we’ve seen at GamesCom, with Stone Hill, Idol Springs and Sunny Villa, but even then there might be some slight differences here and there.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4387 Posted: 21:34:16 15/10/2018
Quote: Dazzy
Anyone heard of the UK GAME Stores having a playable demo to play. I saw a tweet on Twitter. I wonder if there's a GAME store in my local city area, which is around 40 plus minutes from me. I can't check or go to town because I rarely go out, and cannbe terrified going to places. I feel this news is teasing me. Ugh.

I can check in my GAME tomorrow!
---
oh my god
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4388 Posted: 12:41:01 16/10/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
Quote: Dazzy

I can check in my GAME tomorrow!

I could probably check the one in Birmingham later in the week
#4389 Posted: 16:04:19 17/10/2018
Aside for the fact that someone at TfB must be feeling very proud of themselves right now, does anyone have an idea of what he might be talking about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mic...079546969645056

Like, does anyone happen to know if this person worked on some specific aspect of the original games, such as character design, level design or texturing?
I know he talks about an extremely specific thing, which could range from part of a cutscene to one type of fodder, but at least we could identify the scope.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#4390 Posted: 16:49:41 17/10/2018
Aside for the fact that someone at TfB must be feeling very proud of themselves right now, does anyone have an idea of what he might be talking about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mic...079546969645056

Like, does anyone happen to know if this person worked on some specific aspect of the original games, such as character design, level design or texturing?
I know he talks about an extremely specific thing, which could range from part of a cutscene to one type of fodder, but at least we could identify the scope.

He describes his role in creating the game here:

https://www.escapistmagazine.c...s-much-as-i-do/

He was with Universal (which I personally never realized had worked so closely with Insomniac on the Spyro games) and seems to have worked on a little bit of everything, including dialogue and music, but his biggest contribution seems to be that he designed many of the trilogy's levels.

The end of that article makes me wonder if his Twitter post was referring to something from the level "Colossus".
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:54 17/10/2018 by Muffin Man
#4391 Posted: 21:20:02 17/10/2018
I'm off on holiday tomorrow so I won't have a chance to check my local GAME shop for ages! Hope you guys keep getting Spyro news, I won't have wifi either so this is goodbye for now. smilie
#4392 Posted: 15:49:33 18/10/2018
CONFIRMED!! All GAME shops will have the Reignited demo!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...o_demo_shortly/
---
oh my god
#4393 Posted: 16:16:59 18/10/2018
Really? I can't go to mine as I rarely go out.........god freaking damn it. I really want the demo on the PS Store, god wish it finally happened.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
#4394 Posted: 16:57:24 18/10/2018
WOW!
This is fantastic news!

Don’t know if the same happened with N. Sane Trilogy, but it’s great let a broader audience try the game!
Sure, won’t be helpful now that the development is over and any feedback would at most be taken into consideration for updates, but at least it will soothe a lot of fans’ thirst while they wait for the release.

I wonder if it’ll be the usual demo or if it’ll be different or simply shorter.

Pretty sure there aren’t GAME shops in Italy at all, but we are less than one month away from Day One now.
I don’t need it.

*insert Spongebob meme here*

EDIT:

Uuuuh... Do you think this could be more than a review copy or the showcase of a new level...?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Can...990543221919744

He does make it sound as if it were something we could all enjoy beyond a simple video...
Absolutely not holding my breath, but I’m quite curious.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:17:47 18/10/2018 by Drek95
#4395 Posted: 11:54:13 19/10/2018
There's like 60+ replies to CGE's tweet, and literally most of them have not got a Scooby Doo what the reveal is, um there's a BIG HINT right infront of you!

I even replied with my guess, basically I think we will see Doctor Shemp boss/level, but exclusively played by CGE, this guy even liked my tweet so there's something going on there.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
First | Previous | Page 88 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me