darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 74 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8498
#3651 Posted: 20:36:03 07/08/2018
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: spyroid101
Some other small things of note from the video footage:

• "Thank You For Releasing Me" dragons are definitely still very much there and unaltered.

Meeeh....

TFB did mention that they're not changing the script much.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3652 Posted: 20:50:59 07/08/2018
why is the file size so big? Compare it to shadow of the colossus on ps4 which is only 14GB. Seriously why can't modern devs file compress?

also the dream weavers dragons look really noice
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3653 Posted: 20:53:52 07/08/2018
Quote: JCW555

• "Thank You For Releasing Me" dragons are definitely still very much there and unaltered.

Meeeh....

Could the developers at least update that Tomb Raider parody in Spyro 3 with Gus changed into a woman named Pam and her friend Tara is less busty and more injured, a few bandages and breathing heavily akin to the modern Lara Croft?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#3654 Posted: 21:00:13 07/08/2018
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: JCW555

Meeeh....

Could the developers at least update that Tomb Raider parody in Spyro 3 with Gus changed into a woman named Pam and her friend Tara is less busty and more injured, a few bandages and breathing heavily akin to the modern Lara Croft?

wtf don't insert ur fantasies into a children's video game
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7647
#3655 Posted: 21:07:16 07/08/2018
Quote: SuperCharger95
Quote: Jaggedstar
the full range reveal and pre-orders will be live in ONE WEEK-ONE WEEK PEOPLE LET'S GOOOO

Where did you hear about this?

One of the official Spyro sources tweeted it on twitter but I can't remember who; I found it when I scrolled through one of the links posted here
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3656 Posted: 21:13:57 07/08/2018

Meeeh....

Thank you for releasing me!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3657 Posted: 21:23:36 07/08/2018
This screenshot makes up for how scary those devil dogs look lol

[User Posted Image]
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#3658 Posted: 23:17:20 07/08/2018
Quote: Tsutori
Just posted this in the Activision d*ck move thread, but I figured it's worth posting here as well:

Quote: Tsutori
Welp. Bad news for anyone hoping this is just a patch.

https://i.redd.it/bnmelsd30qe11.jpg

This is the official German case's back and the translation of the info is: "Games 2 AND 3 need to be downloaded from the internet. Contains: 1 disc with game 1 and instructions for digital download for games 2 and 3"

It furthermore says that you need at least 50 GB of memory to do the download.

Still not sure why they're doing this. Apparently a BDLX Blu-ray disc can hold 100+ GB easily, so unless consoles can't read those specific types of Blu-rays, I doubt memory is the problem (not to mention that they also could have just included multiple discs to solve that problem). Right now I'm inclined to believe it's because TfB couldn't roll out all the stuff for Spyros 2/3 before the disks were made. More pessimistically, part of the motivation really could be to kill off the secondhand market years down the line after the downloads disappear.

EDIT: Amazon Germany page showing the back of the box in case anyone was wondering about the legitimacy of this image.
https://www.amazon.de/Spyro-Re.../dp/B07BZ8SZ51/

I saw one thing that caught my eye, SNAZARU Games. How in the heck were THEY involved?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3659 Posted: 23:21:54 07/08/2018
I'm backing away from the updates now... From what I've seen, Dark Passage is looking great! But we're also getting into Spyro 3 territory, which I've never played. I wanted to go into that one blind.

I don't have an Xbox or Playstation so playing Spyro in September (or 2018) is not gonna happen. But I can't wait to play it eventually! So, if anyone cares, that's Yelvy out for now.

Enjoy the game, everyone! smilie
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3660 Posted: 23:44:03 07/08/2018
Quote: yelvy
I'm backing away from the updates now... From what I've seen, Dark Passage is looking great! But we're also getting into Spyro 3 territory, which I've never played. I wanted to go into that one blind.

I don't have an Xbox or Playstation so playing Spyro in September (or 2018) is not gonna happen. But I can't wait to play it eventually! So, if anyone cares, that's Yelvy out for now.

Enjoy the game, everyone! smilie

Godspeed, friend, and may you evade the Spyro 3 spoilers!
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#3661 Posted: 23:49:09 07/08/2018
The screenshot of Spyro on his skateboard is so precious. Year of the Dragon has been one of my favorite games just for the skateboarding minigames.

Also, my brother is letting me play the game on his Xbox One so I can actually play this in September, so I'm excited again yay.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3662 Posted: 00:53:28 08/08/2018
Quote: Bionichute

Meeeh....

Thank you for releasing me!

It was me a pleasure!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3663 Posted: 01:19:57 08/08/2018
ugh I'm honestly conflicted on whether I should cancel physical and go for the download. I heard that 2 and 3 are considered an 'update' and that they can go away in years to come when the update servers go offline? Not sure if thats the same for going full digital though. But in all honestly the reason I go physical is so I can make sure I can keep the game forever lol. Spyro 3 is my favourite out of the trilogy and its the one I want to keep lol, not the first one.

I'm hoping that the the update is more an update patch rather than actually downloading the full game. Like the patch being the last 6 or so weeks that TFB have worked on the last two games. >.>
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:31:48 08/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3664 Posted: 02:17:32 08/08/2018
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you know how people are opting out of the physical game because 2/3 of the game will be digital and they worry that the files will be lost when the servers shut down one day? Well, if you go full digital instead, won't you be losing the entire game now, instead of at least having one?

( Me? I'm going down the street at 9 am and buying the physical game as soon as the shop opens lol ;p )
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3665 Posted: 07:24:35 08/08/2018
I decided to not “spoil” myself the first game anymore, as I feel I’ve already seen enough from it, but I still want to give my impression on what I’ve seen of Dark Passage:

- the angered Devil Dogs are outstanding.
They captured them perfectly and managed to somehow make them goofy other than frightening;
- can’t say the same for their regular form: probably the first reinterpretation I genuinely don’t like at all.
They look absolutely nothing like their original versions, lost the cuteness factor and frankly don’t even fit the artistic direction.
It’s a big pity considering they nailed the Armored Turtles in both forms.
- only seen one Elder, Obasi, and while I’m not a super fan of his look I do find him fitting both for the level and the World.
Was expecting something more mystical, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#3666 Posted: 07:45:45 08/08/2018
Quote: Bolt
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you know how people are opting out of the physical game because 2/3 of the game will be digital and they worry that the files will be lost when the servers shut down one day? Well, if you go full digital instead, won't you be losing the entire game now, instead of at least having one?

( Me? I'm going down the street at 9 am and buying the physical game as soon as the shop opens lol ;p )

To be honest the reason I'm going digital is because I've decided that I will probably wait on the physical for a later copy that has all three on it. It means I'm buying the game again twice but eh. I will do it for Spyro. >.>

I do worry about how well Spyro will sell now, because a lot of people are now cancelling the pre-order and going as far as to not even buy the game. Problem with Activision tho is that they will probably see this as a sign that Spyro doesn't sell and won't go with making 4 instead of realizing that its because of their terrible marketing.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:47:33 08/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#3667 Posted: 10:13:24 08/08/2018
Ah I've seen it all over the place so assumed it was more than just a minority >.>

I do feel that the 'minority' would still take up at least a third of the sales, which still seems like a lot to me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:15:34 08/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#3668 Posted: 11:20:09 08/08/2018
Ah okay. I guess that's a relief to hear aha.
---
#3669 Posted: 20:28:40 08/08/2018
Quote: Bolt

That's a valid point, but part of the reasoning behind people opting out of physical is since you're not -really- getting a full product out of the box, which I can understand. And besides, no matter which way you go, there's a risk of loss...but that risk wouldn't exist if the physical copy had all 3 games on it in the first place. It's a matter of principle, I guess.

I also really don't think the cancelled preorders and boycotts are going to be enough to cause alarm for sales of the game. Quite frankly, the number of people who have no/bad internet and can't play the trilogy is probably a very negligible number in terms of sales. And the people who are extremely passionate about this issue in the fanbase are a vocal minority...and even then most of them are still getting the game anyway.

Remember, also, that there's going to be a lot of people buying this game who aren't diehard Spyro fans, and aren't even diehard gamers. People like parents, who just happen to see the game in a store and think it might be fun for their child. Those people don't keep up with gaming news and will likely have never even heard of this download debacle when they buy the game. Do not discount the power of non-fans when it comes to video game sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:29:24 08/08/2018 by Tsutori
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9201
#3670 Posted: 20:52:06 08/08/2018
Surprised no one is talking about this, or am I being blind? smilie Surprised that dark52 hasn't put it on the front of the website actually - a whole new level all the way through is a pretty big deal to me.

---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:47 08/08/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
#3671 Posted: 21:31:27 08/08/2018
It was posted on the Achievement Hunter site for subscribed users yesterday. People grabbed some screenshots and footage of it. They just put it up on Youtube officially today.
#3672 Posted: 23:08:00 08/08/2018
Regarding the download controversy (a bit sick of using this term for the game, by the way), I think I might have an answer to why Activision chose to handle it this way in the first place.
This doesn’t mean they went with the best possible solution, if I’m right, but at least explains the situation.

I don’t think having just the first game on the disc is something random: looking at how much TfB listened to criticism and adjusted their work accordingly, it’s clear they were still working very hard on Spyro the Dragon for the last few months.
The improvements shown at the panel speak for themselves.

Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon didn’t have this post/response dynamic for the same time, as the former was first shown a couple weeks ago and we only got our first look at the latter a couple days ago; yet we did saw improvements regarding various aspects by comparing Idol Springs with Colossus or Glimmer.
My idea is that TfB is still actively listening to fans’ criticism, but managed to fix some things “in advance” (considering the hypothetical age of the builds, not when they were shown) because of what they learnt from tweaking the first title.

Of course Activision wants the game to be out on the 21st of September, so while they allowed TfB to keep working on what they think could be improved they still didn’t delay the production of the physical copies.

Long story short: the game is still under development and refinement because TfB is constantly listening and understanding how to improve it thanks to the fans, but the remaining fixes and tweaks will have to be downloaded because Activision didn’t want to postpone the release.

In the end, while it’s definitely not a nice situation, it might only be just another way to show how committed the developers of this game are to the project.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:12:04 08/08/2018 by Drek95
#3673 Posted: 23:35:23 08/08/2018
personally I think they should be better communication between fans and activision, maybe they should make a PR video explaining the whole situation and answering any major fan questions
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6405
#3674 Posted: 23:37:02 08/08/2018 | Topic Creator
This actually make sense but it still won’t be a day 1 for me.On the other side,you are right that Toys for Bob work hard to make a great remaster but I would gave prefered a delay than this situation.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#3675 Posted: 23:42:11 08/08/2018
Quote: fyra
This actually make sense but it still won’t be a day 1 for me.On the other side,you are right that Toys for Bob work hard to make a great remaster but I would gave prefered a delay than this situation.

so you are boycotting it by....buying the game? HMMMMM
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3676 Posted: 00:03:40 09/08/2018
I'm buying it anyway. At least I have enough gigabytes of wi-fi to download whatever amount there is for Spyro 2 and 3 for the month coming.

My early complaint about the gem count has to been fixed, so instead picking up a purple gem and go from 0 to 5, it's 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! This is gonna make the gem count to satisfying when you ram Moneybags and steal treasure from the Sorceress and Gnasty Gnorc.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:58 09/08/2018 by StevemacQ
#3677 Posted: 04:47:36 09/08/2018
the full range reveal and pre-orders will be live in ONE WEEK-ONE WEEK PEOPLE LET'S GOOOO

One of the official Spyro sources tweeted it on twitter but I can't remember who; I found it when I scrolled through one of the links posted here

In other words, next week we can tell if the Switch and PC rumors are true or not.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3678 Posted: 07:35:12 09/08/2018

In other words, next week we can tell if the Switch and PC rumors are true or not.

Is this https://twitter.com/NumskullDe...739889273024513 the post you were talking about? Cause this is Probably not about Spyro the game but specifically the full range of merch numskull's offering. Still neat but probably not anything about other versions.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#3679 Posted: 11:40:21 09/08/2018

I mean, I feel like we'd already have an announcement for the Switch and PC. How would it be revealed?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3680 Posted: 15:55:22 09/08/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

I mean, I feel like we'd already have an announcement for the Switch and PC. How would it be revealed?

Usually Nintendo announces these things during their Nintendo Directs, Smash Bros. was the recent one but it was game-focused.
#3681 Posted: 16:10:58 09/08/2018

Usually Nintendo announces these things during their Nintendo Directs, Smash Bros. was the recent one but it was game-focused.

I do expect a normal Nintendo direct later this months, but I don't expect Reingited to be part of it.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4216
#3682 Posted: 17:01:12 09/08/2018

The reveal is going to be for Numskull's line of Spyro merchandise and is very likely unrelated to any sort of game-related announcement (besides MAYBE being around the same time Year of the Dragon is officially shown off).
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#3683 Posted: 17:03:10 09/08/2018
Quote: Clank

The reveal is going to be for Numskull's line of Spyro merchandise and is very likely unrelated to any sort of game-related announcement (besides MAYBE being around the same time Year of the Dragon is officially shown off).

I think we will get YOTD shown soon thinking about it. No doubt the merch line will contain S3 characters.
---
#3684 Posted: 18:05:06 09/08/2018

I think we will get YOTD shown soon thinking about it. No doubt the merch line will contain S3 characters.

Absolutely agree. Not only have we already seen the Ninja Rhynoc as a backpack hanger around the time some of their merch was getting leaked, but also those Spyro 3 screenshots that were leaked a few days ago. Plus the fact that Ripto's Rage was revealed in the beginning of July (hey, a month ago today actually). We probably aren't going to see too too much of it, but still.

I'm just kinda hoping they have merch of some of the big baddies in addition to our purple boy!!
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3685 Posted: 21:08:04 09/08/2018
Update: The Amazon page has mysteriously removed that image of the back cover.

https://www.amazon.de/Spyro-Re...KTpL&ref=plSrch

This could mean one of three things:

One: It's a lazy, last ditch effort to try and sweep the discourse under the rug

Two: The information on that back cover is outdated, and thus not accurate in some way shape or form.

or Three: The Back Cover image was fake, as a handful of people suspected it could have been, what, with Sanzaru company randomly being slapped onto the box without anyone hearing of any sort of involvement from them, and the Spyro 3 image conveniently being the one that JUST came out and whatnot...

Ultimately: The mystery deepens >3>
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#3686 Posted: 21:42:50 09/08/2018
It's important to note that earlier today Reignited's information was updated on the Microsoft store and it states that the game is 36.32GB. (Source) It's currently unconfirmed if this includes the update or not at the moment.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:43:30 09/08/2018 by Clank
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3687 Posted: 02:13:51 10/08/2018
I'm worried about how many people will cancel their pre-orders because of the download controversy. And if more people cancel their pre-orders and decide not to buy the Reignited Trilogy, then that means there is a risk of getting no more Spyro games after this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:15:51 10/08/2018 by Hardback247
#3688 Posted: 06:36:41 10/08/2018
This is why I will never agree with those who cancelled their pre-orders.
One thing is having a clear and definitive answer and then acting accordingly, anyone has all the rights to do that, but “boycotting” the game because of an incomplete or inaccurate information because “aaaaa, the Root of al Evil spit on muh childhood once again” is quite laughable.

Can I vent a little bit?
I’ll spoiler myself so it isn’t too annoying.

I’m quite sick of how this game is being treated.
I’ve never seen people complainig over every single piece of information released of dome kind of entertainment product, whether it’s a screenshot, an artwork, a clip, the cover art or the music.
Every time they release something is like watching a cow being eaten alive by a bunch of presumptuous and childish piranhas.

And those communities (this one is a safe place where users know how to criticize without bashing or nitpicking to death, thankfully) think that’s a mature and logical behaviour.
They don’t wait to know how old some content is, they don’t care to remember the improvements we’ve seen in the past: all they do is ramble and think they need to do so because TfB are a bunch of incompetent babies which constantly need to be helped.

And let’s not talk about the censorship controversies, I don’t wanto to go down that rabbit hole.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:38:24 10/08/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3689 Posted: 12:10:22 10/08/2018
Quote: Hardback247
I'm worried about how many people will cancel their pre-orders because of the download controversy. And if more people cancel their pre-orders and decide not to buy the Reignited Trilogy, then that means there is a risk of getting no more Spyro games after this.

I'm not. You are thinking now the people who are cancelling their pre-orders are in the majority because the voice of the negative is louder than the positive.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#3690 Posted: 18:46:49 10/08/2018

Speaking of Switch, I put together this little mock-up on what the box art for the Nintendo Switch version could look like.
[User Posted Image]
#3691 Posted: 20:30:21 10/08/2018

Speaking of Switch, I put together this little mock-up on what the box art for the Nintendo Switch version could look like.
[User Posted Image]

Aaaand I nearly got a heart attack....
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3692 Posted: 20:38:50 10/08/2018
Merch update: First look at the TOTAKU Spyro figure

https://www.gamestop.ie/Loot/G...ollection-spyro

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7647
#3693 Posted: 23:08:27 10/08/2018
come onn yotd
come onnnnn yotd
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#3694 Posted: 00:25:48 11/08/2018

[User Posted Image]

I swear, we better get a Switch version soon. My PS4 is gone to **** so I can't use that and I'm not going out to buy a new one. I hope we get news of it soon, even if it is coming out next because of a year long exclusivity thing.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#3695 Posted: 01:17:54 11/08/2018
Quote: azz01

[User Posted Image]

I swear, we better get a Switch version soon. My PS4 is gone to **** so I can't use that and I'm not going out to buy a new one. I hope we get news of it soon, even if it is coming out next because of a year long exclusivity thing.

But it's coming to Xbox One on top of PS4 so it's not a one-year exclusive thing like Crash.
#3696 Posted: 01:36:57 11/08/2018
I would expect Switch and PC ports in the first half of next year.
---
First | Previous | Page 74 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me