darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 72 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3551 Posted: 00:16:03 02/08/2018
probably not
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3552 Posted: 00:18:25 02/08/2018
Quote: Bionichute
probably not

Then I don't see how it will be any different from how Crash 2 and 3 had to be installed onto the N. Sane Trilogy disc in order to play them.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:40 02/08/2018 by Hardback247
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3553 Posted: 00:29:05 02/08/2018
Quote: Hardback247
Quote: Bionichute
probably not

Then I don't see how it will be any different from how Crash 2 and 3 had to be installed onto the N. Sane Trilogy disc in order to play them.

I think there's a difference between installing and downloading? I don't have a PS4 or XB1 so I'm not sure.
#3554 Posted: 00:30:43 02/08/2018
I hope this article clears things up:
https://www.gameinformer.com/2...wo-of-the-games
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#3555 Posted: 01:30:29 02/08/2018
The reason why the "download Spyro 2 & 3" thing is bad is because:

-If you don't have an internet connection, you can't play those games.
-If you buy a used copy, the code for downloading Spyro 2 & 3 will likely have been used and no longer valid (this is exactly why they're doing it).
-In years to come, when the PS Store servers are gone, you won't be able to get those versions of the games by legal means (at least on PS4 and Xbox One). It's bad for game preservation.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3556 Posted: 01:40:09 02/08/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182

-If you buy a used copy, the code for downloading Spyro 2 & 3 will likely have been used and no longer valid (this is exactly why they're doing it).
-In years to come, when the PS Store servers are gone, you won't be able to get those versions of the games by legal means (at least on PS4 and Xbox One). It's bad for game preservation.

1. So you think that the ability to just play Spyro 2 and 3 will require an internet connection AT ALL TIMES, like streaming a movie, instead of just downloading it to the hardware, so that the information is kept there?

2. How do you know there will be download codes?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:43:26 02/08/2018 by Hardback247
#3557 Posted: 02:02:33 02/08/2018
yeah p sure theyre just going to be actual downloads and not a code my dudes
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3558 Posted: 02:09:39 02/08/2018
At least once I download them, I won't have to worry about not having an internet connection again.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#3559 Posted: 02:16:50 02/08/2018
Quote: Hardback247
Quote: sonicbrawler182

1. So you think that the ability to just play Spyro 2 and 3 will require an internet connection AT ALL TIMES, like streaming a movie, instead of just downloading it to the hardware, so that the information is kept there?

2. How do you know there will be download codes?

You don't need an internet connection to play at all times, but if you don't have an internet connection or have an unstable connection, you can't download Spyro 2 and 3.

As for the code thing, it may not be confirmed, but I don't see how that wouldn't be the case. There is no way they legitimately can't fit all three games on the disc. I believe there will be codes because it's actually becoming a known strategy for these type of games - it kills the used game market for the games, forcing people to buy full price new copies. So they split the game up, forcing you to buy new or go fully digital if you want the full experience.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3560 Posted: 02:28:42 02/08/2018
if they were going to do a code for spyro then they would have done it for crash too
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3561 Posted: 02:31:50 02/08/2018
I mean, none of the text implies that ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGof the other two games are on the disk.

It could very easily be, and is most likely the case, that they got MOST of Spyro 2 and 3 onto the disk, but need to download that bit extra stuff to keep game breaking stuff from occurring, and thus, they block off access to the incomplete 2 & 3, and use the space to put the full of Spyro 1 onto the disk, so you can play that game while waiting for the update patch to complete and unlock Spyro 2 & 3. Something that's not too unusual for many games with day one patches.

Besides, from everything I've seen, if you're have non-preorder exclusive download codes iwth your game, you kinda have to advertise that on the box, which Spyro clearly doesn't, so I hiiiiighly doubt it's gonna be code based.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3562 Posted: 03:05:21 02/08/2018
Quote: spyroid101
I mean, none of the text implies that ABSOLUTELY NOTHINGof the other two games are on the disk.

It could very easily be, and is most likely the case, that they got MOST of Spyro 2 and 3 onto the disk, but need to download that bit extra stuff to keep game breaking stuff from occurring, and thus, they block off access to the incomplete 2 & 3, and use the space to put the full of Spyro 1 onto the disk, so you can play that game while waiting for the update patch to complete and unlock Spyro 2 & 3. Something that's not too unusual for many games with day one patches.

Besides, from everything I've seen, if you're have non-preorder exclusive download codes iwth your game, you kinda have to advertise that on the box, which Spyro clearly doesn't, so I hiiiiighly doubt it's gonna be code based.

Looking at the wording again, I now think that this might be the case, since they indeed do not specify how much of 2 and 3 need to be downloaded, or what exactly the downloads entail. But, that still doesn't actually solve the concern of 2 and 3 potentially becoming unplayable in the future when the downloads get taken down, as you'd still need to download something in order to actually run 2 and 3.

That being said, I still think this kind of unplayable situation is going to be a fairly uncommon occurrence and I think all the folks freaking out on Reddit and Twitter need to calm down.
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#3563 Posted: 04:40:11 02/08/2018
Quote: spyroid101

I totally disagree, Activision themselves commented on the matter and simply said: "The global launch date of Spyro Reignited Trilogy is Sept. 21; and we’re excited for fans to play all three reignited games on that day, as with most games today, downloading an update after purchase is quite common. The language on packaging and on the web is to let players know the requirements for Spyro Reignited Trilogy." So the two games are actually going to be coming as updates, not DLC. So in any case, just like Crash N. Sane Trilogy, the games may exist on the game already and just need to be installed.
#3564 Posted: 04:54:16 02/08/2018
Well, the point of the internet being needed is what the panic explosion is about, since that fact means that whatever is being downloaded is not on the disk.

But, again, that's... really not any different from what 99.99% games do now anyway.

And we're in an age where most people have access to some sort of internet, and when it comes to the PSstore eventually ending... we kinda got a long way off from that happening, and by that point, they'll probably come up with some kind of end-of-life plan for stuff like this. (Which you can say Spyro itself technically has, as Xbox wants to put all their games on PC, thus cementing its existence)

So, really the sheer panic and outrage over this small bit of text is... quite overblown.
---
#3565 Posted: 05:49:07 02/08/2018
At the very least, all this hullabaloo has helped me finally decide whether I want a physical or digital copy, lol. I'm moving to another state soon and have no idea how good the internet service I'm getting will be, but I know the service I have right now at home is pretty good. So I think I'll get the digital copy, knowing I can pre-download everything right now on my guaranteed good internet, rather than wait until I've moved and have to download stuff for a physical copy on potentially worse internet.

I've always thought the two themes you get for digital preorder are really awesome, anyway P :
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3566 Posted: 08:39:06 02/08/2018
Guys.
Activision replied saying it’s literally the same thing as any other Day One patch; they might not have used those exact words, but it’s pretty clear.
The only different thing is that they explained why the patch is needed, which is something that I’ve rarelly seen happening as the companies usually take it for granted.

Can we please avoid spreading misinformation about codes and what is or isn’t on the physical disc, please?
People already love to overreact, let’s not give them more reasons to do it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:49:15 02/08/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3567 Posted: 10:58:47 02/08/2018
I don't know why there are so much overreaction and hate right now?
It's just like a day one patch. Most games are unplayable without a day one patch.
I'm really sure 99,9% of the PS4 and Xbox One user also have internet. This consoles are almost useless without Internet.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#3568 Posted: 11:40:02 02/08/2018
Pardon me, but if I may ask (I haven't gotten a new console in years),

could anyone please explain what a "day one patch" is? ^^;; I'm sorry for asking, but this is entirely new to me.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3569 Posted: 11:51:18 02/08/2018
https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro...uire_an_update/
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3570 Posted: 11:55:34 02/08/2018
Sounds like a poorly-worded day one patch to me. >.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3571 Posted: 12:08:39 02/08/2018
Quote: Radiance
Pardon me, but if I may ask (I haven't gotten a new console in years),

could anyone please explain what a "day one patch" is? smilie;; I'm sorry for asking, but this is entirely new to me.

Basically, almost every single game which has been released in the previous 5 years (probably even more though) has required a mandatory update to be downloaded the very same day it got released.
Sometimes retailers which broke the so called “Day One” sold games which were either not fully playable or not playable at all because the update wasn’t out yet.

They usually aren’t very big and I think are used mostly to fix last minute bugs or oversights, and should only require an Internet connection for the download itself.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3572 Posted: 12:38:43 02/08/2018
Usually. Some people put the entire game on the Day One patch, not just activision, when the files on disc are irreparably poorly optimized. I remember one with 60 gigs, can't recall the name?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3573 Posted: 12:56:31 02/08/2018
Each level in each Spyro game was like a tiny open world plus there's a dual soundtrack for the trilogy with the new one being dynamic.

I imagine if the game succeeds in reviews, sales and popularity, which it will, I imagine a new Spyro game will be in one disc as one game and under 50GB.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#3574 Posted: 13:02:32 02/08/2018
Quote: StevemacQ
Each level in each Spyro game was like a tiny open world plus there's a dual soundtrack for the trilogy with the new one being dynamic.

and don't forget it isn't only dubbed in english but also in french, german, spanish, italian ...
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3575 Posted: 16:10:29 02/08/2018
Even Jim Sterling is pissed about this. I didn't honestly whether or not I should be mad because I thought maybe each title is just THAT big or maybe it is just Toys for Bob not able to compress all the bloatware before meeting Activision's deadline.

---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#3576 Posted: 17:36:07 02/08/2018
I don't understand why people are so upset over something that is NORMAL. Maybe this video will clear things up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vjW4u2DYU
#3577 Posted: 18:00:45 02/08/2018
Jim Sterling has always disliked the trend of day-one patches and installs, so, fair enough, he's consistant with his opinions on the gaming industry as a whole.

It's the people who are screaming End Of The Word panic and acting like this is some brand new horror that only Activision has brought down like the plague to specifically screw over Spyro fans, all the while spreading false information that need to take a step back and calm down.
---
#3578 Posted: 18:01:17 02/08/2018
Quote: SuperCharger95
I don't understand why people are so upset over something that is NORMAL. Maybe this video will clear things up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26vjW4u2DYU

So, there are two problems, and both of them come from the fact that this internet download, whatever it is, is explicitly required to play 2 and 3.

1. People who don't have internet are screwed. Granted, this is going to be a very small number of people and I'd be shocked if someone has a PS4 but no internet, but it is still a population of players who be unable to access two-thirds of the game's content.

2. In the future, downloads and servers for the PS4/Xbox will be taken down. And it's established that this Spyro download is required to play 2 and 3. So what happens 10 (or even fewer) years from now, if someone wants to play Reignited for the first time and needs to get the update, or if someone lost their original download and needs to redownload the update? Those people will be unable to play 2 and 3, because the update is no longer accessible (at least legally). This could be the smallest update in the universe and it would still lead to this problem, just because it's a prerequisite to accessing 2 and 3.

I'm not turned off by this enough to not get the game, and I'm sure eventually there will be another release of the game that doesn't have these problems (as well as less legal ways of obtaining the game). But it does defeat the purpose of physical copies, at least for these two consoles, and is a bit worrisome for the future preservation of the game (though again, I don't think the game will "go extinct" like P.T. did).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:36 02/08/2018 by Tsutori
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3579 Posted: 18:11:03 02/08/2018
It doesn't even have to be 'people with no internet'. Bad internet means you're stuck waiting for the games to download if you don't want to play 1 first, maybe for days if they're too big. Someone offsite reminded me of the giant game patch, Tony Hawk 5 was 7,8gb (I exaggerated real hard, I think I mixed it up with FFXV's file size), bigger than the base game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:39 02/08/2018 by Bifrost
#3580 Posted: 18:52:08 02/08/2018
Quote: Tsutori

So, there are two problems, and both of them come from the fact that this internet download, whatever it is, is explicitly required to play 2 and 3.

2. In the future, downloads and servers for the PS4/Xbox will be taken down. And it's established that this Spyro download is required to play 2 and 3. So what happens 10 (or even fewer) years from now, if someone wants to play Reignited for the first time and needs to get the update, or if someone lost their original download and needs to redownload the update? Those people will be unable to play 2 and 3, because the update is no longer accessible (at least legally). This could be the smallest update in the universe and it would still lead to this problem, just because it's a prerequisite to accessing 2 and 3.

You could also say that about every patch you must download or all the DLC you buy for an game.

Idc about the download "issue" and don't see the problem like everyone does. :/
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:53:26 02/08/2018 by XSparxX
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#3581 Posted: 19:03:43 02/08/2018
I love him. Oh my goodness I love him so much. He's such a big boy and his arena looks amazing......
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3582 Posted: 19:10:25 02/08/2018
Yes, Activision, let's distract the raging fans with a new character reveal. A very nice character reveal. They'll forget all about the day one patch once we show them Gulp ...

(everything about this screenshot is fantastic, btw)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3583 Posted: 19:11:08 02/08/2018
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: Tsutori

You could also say that about every patch you must download or all the DLC you buy for an game.

Idc about the download "issue" and don't see the problem like everyone does. :/

DLC (at least, if it's done the proper way) isn't required for a full game experience. It just adds more to an experience that is already complete and good on its own.

Patches generally don't block people out from playing games entirely, unless the game has a horrendous game breaking bug that needs to be fixed for it to even be functional, which I don't think is very common. Or patches just prevent you from doing certain things like online play cause you have to be on the latest patch for those, but don't otherwise block you off from the single player/local play experience. Which is inapplicable to Spyro, of course, but point is, they shouldn't prevent the game from being accessible (with the exception of online only games like MOBAs, in which having to be on the latest patch is entirely justified).

The problem with the Spyro update is that Spyro is an offline game, yet not having the internet/update prevents you from playing 2 and 3 at all, based on my understanding of the wording from the website/box art.

Anyway, Gulp's redesign kinda reminds me of this Digimon.
[User Posted Image]
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:15:59 02/08/2018 by Tsutori
#3584 Posted: 21:03:10 02/08/2018
https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...117776971591680

[User Posted Image]

Concept art!

[User Posted Image]

Also, an even clearer image of Hunter from the cards.

Doesn't look like he's wearing pants like a few people were fearing(?)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:49 02/08/2018 by spyroid101
#3585 Posted: 21:42:43 02/08/2018
im pretty sure the "pants" are his bow in front of his legs

also who cares about hunter SHOW US THE SHEMP
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:43:44 02/08/2018 by Bionichute
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#3586 Posted: 22:59:59 02/08/2018
So with the whole thing about this patch, it reminds me of the issue with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5. If you didn't get the day one patch for that game, you were stuck with just the demo on the disk. With this its at least a whole game. The issue is in both situations, once you are unable to get the patch, if its not online at all, the bulk of Pro Skater 5 and all of Reignited's 2 & 3 could become lost
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3587 Posted: 23:21:03 02/08/2018
is anybody else gonna play spyro 1 while the other games download? I know it sucks but as long it's not broken or glitchy
#3588 Posted: 23:29:09 02/08/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
is anybody else gonna play spyro 1 while the other games download? I know it sucks but as long it's not broken or glitchy

I don't understand the question xD
I play in the right order so of course I will play Spyro 1 while the other games download. smilie
I can't understand people who will don't play it in the right order to be honest. smilie"
---
#3589 Posted: 23:29:46 02/08/2018
I was going to say that while I like Gulp’s redesign it’s definitely one of my least favorites for now, but the concept art could have proved me wrong: if that’s what he looks like from the side, I’m completely sold.

Also absolutely agree with Bionichute, Hunter is nice but Dr. Shemp is cool!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#3590 Posted: 23:30:07 02/08/2018
I find all this talk about obsolescence and the games being unplayable when they take the servers down kinda stupid tbh. The psp's servers have been shut down for years but as far as I know you can still download games onto it relatively easily. And that's just buying entirely new games, this is a day one patch. You know, the kind of update that games by default ask you to install when you first load up the game. Updates are pretty automated, they're not going to just disappear if the ps4 store gets shut down. And then, yes someday they may permanently shut down everything to do with ps4's servers including updates, but by that point the games will probably be so out of date to be unplayable for plenty of other reasons, heck we'll probably have Reignited Trilogy 2.0 by that point. Heck we probably won't even be Alive by that point.

And also most older games are still playable on newer consoles anyway? well okay not ps4.... But while ps ones are p obscelete these days you can still play the original games on ps3 and vita, not all of them but most of the memorable ones, like ya know Spyro, (unless ur in america I guess). So even if they do one day take down the servers for ps4 the game will probably still be on ps6 or 10 or whatever so it won't be a Problem. Like yes the physical game you bought may not be playable in 10 years but that's true of most games. My ps one copies of spyro aren't gonna run that well now because the disks and console are old and probably scratched and the graphics and gameplay are out of date anyway. That's why they're doing a remake.

Tbh I don't mind having a big patch as long as it's smaller than FFXV's day one patch.... god that thing took over an hour to download
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#3591 Posted: 00:07:08 03/08/2018 | Topic Creator
It’s remind me of losing a good chunk of Dragon Quest IX just because the DS no longer had online(even if I was using a 3DS XL to play DS games)
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#3592 Posted: 00:59:15 03/08/2018
A "Kinda" merch update:

https://twitter.com/HaydnOSmit...699603973820417

[User Posted Image]

It was personally gifted to them (and a couple other people) from the people at Activison, so it's still currently unknown if this will ever be mass produced to the public or not.
---
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#3593 Posted: 01:41:54 03/08/2018
Gulp’s looking gud.

Now, show us Elora and Bianca.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
#3594 Posted: 01:53:06 03/08/2018
(I will admit, I would have loved it if Moneybags was the last character in the Spyro 2 info stream they showed off, just so I could have joked that "Oh! They ended their Spyro 2 information with a picture of the main villain of the game! Just like they did Spyro 1!" Haha smilie)
---
First | Previous | Page 72 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me