darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 63 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3101 Posted: 19:27:36 12/07/2018
https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...480105336004609

[User Posted Image]

Concept art time!

Purple Tiki noticeably has the rain cloud, so 100% it wasn't seen either because the cutscene was skipped, or it's just not there yet.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:29:13 12/07/2018 by spyroid101
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3102 Posted: 19:52:09 12/07/2018
I seriously hope the artbook won’t be released too long after the game, because concept arts keep looking better and better.
Just seeing official artworks for such iconic childhood characters makes me extremely excited, far beyond how I already was with the first game’s.

Great to see the cloud there even if I had no doubt it would have been included.
Have to say the tikis themselves are growing on me but I wish they kept the original death animation for the marshmallow one where he falls on his head and shake a bit before vanishing.
It’s one of the few death animations I distinctly remember.

Was not expecting concept arts this time, by the way, as I saw this more like a special preview rather than our weekly sneak peek.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:13:33 12/07/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3103 Posted: 22:57:16 12/07/2018
I like the new textbox more. I can't understand some complain about it and the wish to bring the old 90 style textbox with yellow font back.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3104 Posted: 23:52:56 12/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: XSparxX
I like the new textbox more. I can't understand some complain about it and the wish to bring the old 90 style textbox with yellow font back.

I don't want them to return to the old text boxes or font, but, while I like the new font of the text within the text boxes, I'd prefer it if they were yellow in color instead of white.
As for the text boxes themselves, I feel that they aren't transparent enough and could perhaps use some kind of bordering around them, but I don't mind the colors of them at all.

My only real complaint on the subject is in regards to the font that is used for the gem counter and for the names of NPCs, as it reminds me of an Indie game for some reason and I don't like it.
(It's not a big deal either way to me, however)

I don't like the yellow I think white is a good choice because it's a neutral color and always used for subtitles ect.
But yeah the textbox looks like an Indie or Smartphone game textbox. It doesn't bother me either and I think it looks better as if they used the PS1 textbox but they could make it more "fancy" similiar to the text boxes of Skylanders Imaginators.
I don't have much complains right now and just looking forward to this game!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#3105 Posted: 00:15:50 13/07/2018
With the sudden introduction of the blue UI and sky-blue gem (that most definitely doesn't exist in such a color in-game), I wonder if maybe we might actually have some UI color changing options to play with in the settings
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:16:06 13/07/2018 by spyroid101
#3106 Posted: 00:21:31 13/07/2018
I’m honestly fine with the text box and the text itself, though I wouldn’t mind a slightly less fancy font, it was never important to me to begin with.

What I’m not a fan of is how they changed the main HUD from yellow/golden to light blue: I’m glad they made the number gradually change when collecting gems but I felt like the previous color was much more fitting, better looking and also more faithful to the originals not to mention it was basically consistent throught all three games (even if the first had 3D letters and numbers).

Perhaps they will have different colors for all three games and maybe that isn’t a recent change but rather an already old version, but I’d really like if they could keep the HUD as seen in the Lofty Castle clip: green rotating gem, golden flat fonts and the progressively changing numbers.

Basically ninja’d yet again, seriously, starting to think some of you have mind reading powers. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:38 13/07/2018 by Drek95
#3107 Posted: 00:32:49 13/07/2018
The one thing that REALLY doesn't make me feel like it's just a case of the UI just being different colors for the three games is the fact that it IS blue. In Ripto's Rage. Where they've already established that the color theme of the game is red, while blue is notably YotD's color theme.

Just makes it seem really unlikely to me that it would be the set in stone UI color for RR, rather then something that's player choice.
---
#3108 Posted: 01:14:13 13/07/2018
In do agree completely.
Thinking again about it, I think it’s either how you suggested and you can actually choose the color or they are still experimenting with the color for whatever reason.

Spyro doesn’t have the yellow tail end in the video, so I’d say the build is not as old as certain other content we’ve seen previously.

I wonder if they worked all three games simultaneously or if they preferred to create the basic layouts, designs and colors for all the levels in one game and then move to the next one: it would explain all the tweaks we’ve seen thus far and how Idol Springs looks almost as work-in-progress as early Stone Hill or Magic Crafters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3109 Posted: 01:17:30 13/07/2018
oh my god the reddit is now literally full of posts with people basically drawing their own stuff and being like 'this is better than how TFB did it'

its that community that is making me lose faith in this community. there is no gratefulness that the trilogy is even being remade. just huge amounts of nick picks for one level. if thats the community that TFB is looking at, then it's really embarrassing.

EDIT: They're literally editing the eyes on the green dudes to the original's as well as the mouth and it honestly looks creepy.

EDIT 2: oh wow there is now an idol springs feedback topic.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:21:37 13/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#3110 Posted: 01:30:48 13/07/2018
Criticizing small things like lighting or textbox placement and readability aren't too bad. They're things that are reasonably easy to change if TfB feel so inclined.

Demanding the inhabitants models and animations be completely changed just to have their eyes be turned into creepy, soulless dots is...not reasonable.

At all.

Absolutely not.

But at least from what I've seen so far, the Idol Springs feedback topic isn't as outrageous (And full of death threats to TfB employees over dragons with hats) as the feedback thread that first came out when Reignited was first announced.
---
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#3111 Posted: 01:33:04 13/07/2018
The nit picking is something I want to avoid. I get it but as a big Spyro fan, I am fine with how ToysForBob is handling the games.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:18 13/07/2018 by Dazzy
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3112 Posted: 01:51:52 13/07/2018
If you want the game to be exactly the same, go play the originals
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3113 Posted: 02:02:06 13/07/2018
Then someone starts the argument that "calling it nitpicking is accepting mistakes! You're just shutting down criticism!" But I think there's a difference between "the text box is a bit overwhelming and the rain cloud is missing" and "these minor NPCs don't have a unibrow and Spyro isn't looking down enough while charging why is TFB deliberately changing everything".

There are glaring issues and issues that no one would notice their first time playing through if they weren't scouring these videos frame-by-frame. Pointing them out is fine, acting like they're dragging the game down entirely is a bit much.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:03:30 13/07/2018 by Bifrost
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#3114 Posted: 03:00:33 13/07/2018
Anyone else notice the super cute animation of Spyro running in the bottom right corner as the autosave icon?
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#3115 Posted: 03:09:14 13/07/2018
Quote: Dragon Lover
Anyone else notice the super cute animation of Spyro running in the bottom right corner as the autosave icon?

As a figurative phantom, I've been here but not commenting, but ... Dragon Lover, no ... Clockwork, we gotta talk, asap.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#3116 Posted: 03:43:00 13/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Dragon Lover

OMFG NO I DIDN'T

THAT'S ADORABLE

And yeah, I saw that too, yet another thing to gawk at ... Reignited keeps getting better and better.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#3117 Posted: 07:16:43 13/07/2018
Yeah, honestly I’m slowly starting to ignore certain comments and reactions, especially when they show people have either no memory of the past or simply prefer to overreact.

Like a certain comment regarding how the baskets have been completely ruined and there is now no time for TfB to fix them before the release, even though they completely changed the Gem Thief’s design in Artisans since the reveal.
Or how they keep complaining about the lighting and color of Idol Spings completely forgetting about Stone Hill and how much they improved it.
Or how they absolutely lose their mind for very minor details, calliing them “fundamental” for the game (I swear I read someone calling Zoe’s new design a gameplay change) or simply absolutely exaggerating the difference and bashing TfB for their incompetence.

Because, let’s talk about that, voicing your opinion is fine and can even be helpful for the developers but acting like you are holding the supreme truth and pretending to be better at handling certain choices than professional developers is... A lot less ok.
And it gives you no right to insult the team just because “they are AAA developers, they can deal with some harsh criticism”.
Not to mention they generally keep feeling more and more authorized to edit and complain seeing how TfB are willing to modify certain aspects based on fan suggestions, but most likely also fail to realize not all of those changes are due to their feedbacks.

Again, I’m very glad to be part of the sound part of this community where discussions don’t end up in calling people “nitpickers” nor “acriticals”.
Not everyone is like that of course, in fact I’d even argue that the majority of the users is civilized and just want the game to be as good as possible, but certain exceedingly negative or straight up toxic elements shouldn’t be tolerated.

And yeah, I do agree that some of their edits make me appreciate TfB’s work even more and understand how some of the original designs just wouldn’t work well these days, while other make me hope the team is either watching them or has the same idea in mind.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 07:24:14 13/07/2018 by Drek95
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3118 Posted: 10:54:25 13/07/2018
Anyway, if TFB had to make everything exactly the same, without any personal touches, then it wouldn't be much fun for them, right?
#3119 Posted: 12:13:21 13/07/2018
Well, it depends on the approach either the developers or the publishers decide to use for the remakes.

BluePoint Games did an incredible job with remaking Shadow of the Colossus basically 1:1, but it was also an easier task given the relatively recent original game.
Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob just couldn’t achieve the same level of faithfulness not even by sticking precisely to every single texture, model and color: some things are bound to change when touching up a 20 years old title.

That being said V.V. clearly reimagined a lot less than TfB and preferred to stick to the original character design as much as possible, but to be honest I think that was pretty predictable as well.
Besides Ripto, Gnasty and a couple NPCs and enemies Spyro’s Classic Trilogy’s characters and locations basically never returned in future titles, so the developers had to transfer all of that to the modern era.
It’s a lot less jarring with famous faces such as Cortex, N. Brio, N. Trophy, Tiny, Coco and all the rest pf Crash’s cast and places which have seen many evolutions and interpretations over the years.

Just think about the legacy characters in The Legend of Spyro compared to those of the Titans games: Spyro, Sparx and Hunter and that’s pretty much it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:15:35 13/07/2018 by Drek95
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3120 Posted: 12:18:07 13/07/2018
I’ve seen nitpicks all over reddit. Not constructive criticism, just asinine nitpicking. For the most part, I’m ignoring them, but I know there’s going to be that one nitpick that’s going to get under my skin. I just know it. Maybe I should just post here from now on. This is the only sane and reasonable place lol
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:33:47 13/07/2018 by ECDT1089
#3121 Posted: 12:30:43 13/07/2018
Lol even on the discord there was a whole thing about the games clearly being rushed and that they have no time to fix things and ****, yet it looks bloody amazing and does not at all give the impression that it's rushed. If they're awaiting feedback on Spyro 2 from comic con that's enough time to change things, as long as they don't show footage of Spyro 3 in like September they will be fine. People underestimate how much you can get done in just one day with game art, and they would have a lot of developers working on this game. Things can be altered in like a couple of minutes depending on what the problem is. And they've finished the entire 3 game fairly sure awhile back so the rest of the time can be spent on fixing things. :\

Yeah I'm also glad that the community here isn't like the others. Facebook is pretty good as well. Its one thing to give constructive criticism over things, like I don't like the colours zoe has myself and I'm not a fan of the music, but to go and draw up things yourself and then start saying how much your version is better is just overkill for me.

And like previously said, they are having to work with designs that just would not work with today's standards. Those small black eyes just look awkward with modern graphics and the original design overall just does not fit. Their version looks a lot better and would be easier to give life to in terms of animation. And this is just one level over many so I don't get what's the point in fixing one level when they're obviously not going to like the other levels ether lol.
---
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3122 Posted: 12:47:17 13/07/2018
Well, we had fears of it being rushed having only Spyro 1 gameplay in mind because the first thing you'd think is that they're working on each game at a time, but with this new video it's much more visible that everything is being worked on together and the demo footage isn't necessarily the current build.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3123 Posted: 13:13:52 13/07/2018
I had no doubts mainly because they did a similar thing with Crash. But yeah without that knowledge I would have been worried to. I did see a post weeks before the Spyro 2 footage that the 3 games had been finished though so I had no worries lol. But it was the fact that these complaints started after spyro 2 footage :\
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:35 13/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3124 Posted: 16:47:19 13/07/2018
Do any of you think they should replace the final cutscene in Year of the Dragon where Spyro interacts with the baby dragons and there is no dialogue? I can't help but feel kind of unsatisfied with it, especially since it's the final game in the trilogy, and THIS is the note it goes out on.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:49:52 13/07/2018 by Hardback247
#3125 Posted: 17:48:19 13/07/2018
On thing I’ve seen adressed a lot less compared to other complaints Is how the water looks.
Underwater it’s basically flawless, just the right tint of blue and the right amount of visibility, but it doesn’t look as well from above.

It’s fine if we are talking about the first game’s water but I feel like not making this and Year of the Dragon’s one a bit more transparent could make it more difficult to tell if you’ve collected all the treasure beneath it.
That could be annoying in levels such as Aquaria Towers, Mystic Marsh and Seashell Shore.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for different colored and murky waters to better fit the various levels, but as of now it just looks like an opaque plastic sheet.
Probably some nostalgia in action here, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:49:06 13/07/2018 by Drek95
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3126 Posted: 18:46:58 13/07/2018
@Drek95 I think the overall appearance of the water is ok, but I definitely get what you mean with it making the gems and stuff underneath less visible. Though if someone's trying to find some missing gems in a level, I think they'd probably end up diving into all the water pools anyway regardless of whether or not they can see the gems from above. Can't hurt to lower the water opacity to help with the gem finding though!
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#3127 Posted: 19:19:15 13/07/2018
https://twitter.com/PlayStatio...849894785044481

Some new gameplay footage of Sunny Flight. The level looks a bit brighter now.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:54 13/07/2018 by JCW555
#3128 Posted: 19:26:52 13/07/2018
Some other things of note in that footage: Spyro's flying trick flips! (That 98% of people seem to forget existed in Spyro 1 dhsjkdhsakj)

It seems like they made the animations quicker, thus making the maneuvers actually usable!

And it looks like there's a new extra one that lets you do a roll without the huge loopy-loop/turning around? (You can see Spyro do a twirl when they first start going though the arches)
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#3129 Posted: 20:13:29 13/07/2018
Ah, the new Sunny Flight looks gorgeous! I was a bit unsure about the version that was shown during E3, but I'm loving this new one a lot more. AND SPYRO'S LITTLE LOOP IS BACK AAAAAHHH
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3130 Posted: 20:44:27 13/07/2018
Quote: JCW555

im glad spyro looks less motionless when flying
#3131 Posted: 21:40:07 13/07/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

im glad spyro looks less motionless when flying

Wait, is the flying animation actually any different?

To me, it just looks like this player is zipping around in non-straight lines more (Plus utilizing the trick flips), VS other demos where the players just beeline to their targets, rather then any animation changes happening to the flying?
---
#3132 Posted: 00:00:41 14/07/2018
I think they simply removed the purple filter (which I’m not quite sure why they are still using in the first place) but yeah it is a huge improvement.

The level looks terrific and to me this cements the fact TfB know what they are doing in terms of colors and skyboxes; just wish they were clearer about the actual chronological order of the builds they show, to let us understand which are progresses and how recent a certain demo is.
It would also help reducing the complaints a lot.

Regarding the water in Idol Springs, I think part of what I don’t like about it has also to do with the unfinished lighting; here in Sunny Flight it looks a lot better even without being transparent.

So many news this week, can’t wait for what they’ll show the next one at the ComiCon! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:08 14/07/2018 by Drek95
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#3133 Posted: 01:20:52 14/07/2018
One small nitpick that I'm not sure has been mentioned that isn't a big deal but is something I was hoping they would do, is why aren't they using the Spyro 2/Spyro 3 gem sound across all three games?

Instead they're using something akin to the Spyro 1 gem sound across all three and it's nowhere near as iconic or satisfying.

I could understand if they had just wanted be faithful and kept the Spyro 1 sound the same, but instead they're applying it across all three games. It just doesn't sound as satisfying. I loved that distinct "SHREEENG" sound.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3134 Posted: 01:36:17 14/07/2018
I'm not sure that footage is a good base to judge sound effects, seeing as the game volume is so low, and the commentators are near constantly talking over it.

I've heard a handful of people saying the gem sound is more like Spyro 2s, but I just cannot hear it enough to make out any details either way...

Maybe I'm just def XP
---
#3135 Posted: 02:06:27 14/07/2018
Pretty sure the Spyro 2 gem sound isn’t the same as the first game, though it’s still different from the original, but it’s indeed hard to tell with all the commentary going on.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3136 Posted: 02:07:46 14/07/2018
Good god. The nitpicking is out of control. I thought this guy was joking at first, but he's serious. https://old.reddit.com/r/Spyro...bottom/e2bemxq/
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#3137 Posted: 02:42:07 14/07/2018
https://twitter.com/SpyroUnive...960122663034881

New cover-art image.

[User Posted Image]
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#3138 Posted: 02:57:24 14/07/2018
Oh, hey, it's Spyro's life icon!

[User Posted Image]
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#3139 Posted: 03:04:05 14/07/2018
Hmmm, that pose looks VERY familiar, huh...

[User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3140 Posted: 03:09:59 14/07/2018
First to make it an avatar!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Dreamweaver Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#3141 Posted: 04:20:35 14/07/2018
I strained my ears really hard to hear those gem sounds in the Idol Springs footage, and I'm almost positive it's different than the ones in the first game. Could be that they've recently decided to change the sound for all three games, but to be honest, I'm not sure why they would bother having different sound effects to begin with.

It kind of also begs the question of whether or not rolling, hovering, headbashing, etc. will be present across the games or only confined to the ones that originally had those abilities. If they did stay true to each individual game like that, I suppose it'd make sense to have different gem pickup sounds, then.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#3142 Posted: 05:08:27 14/07/2018

OOOOH DAT FLIP AND ROLL ANIMATION!
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#3143 Posted: 09:15:01 14/07/2018
I wonder which artwork will be the real box art
#3144 Posted: 09:23:12 14/07/2018
Quote: ECDT1089
Good god. The nitpicking is out of control. I thought this guy was joking at first, but he's serious. https://old.reddit.com/r/Spyro...bottom/e2bemxq/

I have to say I wasn’t expecting it but I basically stopped noticing the icon after a short while.
Not surprised anymore, by the way, I saw I guy literally saying “colors are off, if they fix them I’ll be happy otherwise I will simply cancel my preorder”.
And I doubt he was joking,

Quote: Dreamweaver
I strained my ears really hard to hear those gem sounds in the Idol Springs footage, and I'm almost positive it's different than the ones in the first game. Could be that they've recently decided to change the sound for all three games, but to be honest, I'm not sure why they would bother having different sound effects to begin with.

It kind of also begs the question of whether or not rolling, hovering, headbashing, etc. will be present across the games or only confined to the ones that originally had those abilities. If they did stay true to each individual game like that, I suppose it'd make sense to have different gem pickup sounds, then.

Rolling has already been confirmed to be in all three games, no idea about hovering and highly doubt about headbashing as it’s teached by Moneybags, not to mention it would basically be useless in the first title.

Seeing how they made the gems have different shapes in Gateway to Glimmer, as opposed to just changing colors, and how they used different designs for the metal and normal containers It would make sense if they also changed the pickup gem sound from the second game on.

Oh, and welcome to smilie, by the way!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:23:56 14/07/2018 by Drek95
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#3145 Posted: 09:37:38 14/07/2018
I think it's a nice little detail that they took their time to change the sound of the gems and make them look different. It just gives Spyro 1 more of a different identity to the sequels.

I'm hoping that they change the orb animation to bounce on the floor, and then onto Spyro's nose. I reckon they will change it since they pay close attention to detail, and at the moment, I think it's just a placeholder, it looks similar to the animation of getting a talisman.

Also would be a nice touch to see the characters you talk to, wave at you from a distance to acknowledge you're there before talking to them.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#3146 Posted: 10:42:55 14/07/2018
Double sided preorder poster bonus gives us a peek at the remade covers, and ALSO gives us a glimpse at Bentley and Sheila.

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
First | Previous | Page 63 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me