darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 62 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#3051 Posted: 22:08:07 11/07/2018
Of course everyone on Reddit is nitpicking.

Again.

<_>

@Clank
I miss the way the orbs bounced on Spyro's nose. That was the only thing I was disappointed in!
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Musical Monk Green Sparx Gems: 224
#3052 Posted: 22:13:45 11/07/2018
I liked the old orb animation better so I have to agree on that complaint. Everything else looks amazing, though. I'm eagerly waiting for the YotD gameplay.
---
WHY YAI YAI YO!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:21 11/07/2018 by Musical Monk
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3053 Posted: 22:19:21 11/07/2018
Brother Ned in Colossus says “Even though I’m a vegetarian, I think you should kill that yeti.” But the textbox says “torch,” not “kill.” I wonder if that will be fixed?
#3054 Posted: 22:22:55 11/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Perhaps we might get more than one animation for collecting orbs, or they might change it in the future. I am disappointed that they changed it, but I still think it's neat.

I have a feeling the orb animation shown won't be in the final version.
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3055 Posted: 22:32:34 11/07/2018
So the inhabitants are some kind of humanoid turtle look-a-like now?

EDIT: On the subject of voice actors, it sounds like Maurice Lamarche is voicing Foreman Bud.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:47:53 11/07/2018 by ECDT1089
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3056 Posted: 23:05:25 11/07/2018
They strike me as more hippo-like then turtle-like, which kinda makes sense to me, as all the vegetation kinda brings an everglades look to Idol Springs.

Kinda makes me wonder if the Colossus inhabitants will have more tweaks done to them, rather then being yellow recolors of the Idol Springs ones...
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3057 Posted: 23:14:15 11/07/2018
why are they moving so slow????? REEE
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3058 Posted: 23:26:05 11/07/2018
I find it funny they get slapped with the marshmallow/hot dog stick and just walk it off right after. The idols don't seem to be much of a problem when the foremen are fine getting attacked literally with regular intervals.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3059 Posted: 23:36:29 11/07/2018
“Ok, we’ve seen how Ripto looks in-game, that’ll do until ComiCo-“

- sees Gateway to Glimmer footage link

“HOLY SHEEP! Ok, calm down, it’s probably a 2 minutes clip like the one for Stone Hil-“

- it’s actually 12 minutes long and shows basically all Idol Springs.

“So God does exsist, huh”

WOW.
I’m amazed by what I’ve seen.

This is probably my favorite game out of the trilogy, so I’m not worried by the nitpicks I had with certain things (such as Zoe’s outfit’s color, the orb animation, the lighting which is most likely not final and various even minor things), but the level of attention to details and passion is like the graphic engine they are using: unreal.

The inhabitants look fantastic (though I will have to get used to their smaller heads), the tikis are gorgeous, the frickin’ swimming animations are wonderful, they kept the level’s flag design, they kept the distinction with the gems...
It’s honestly too much for a single post!

Basically, everything I see is either an improvement from previous demos or something brand new and fantastic.
My only true complaint is that because of the commentary it’s very hard to hear the music, but from the glimpses I can catch it sounds very cool.

I wonder if they’ll drop a meaty trailer at the ComiCon... or perhaps dare I hope for something even better...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#3060 Posted: 23:42:28 11/07/2018
It's a bit weird seeing the second game for me because I've never actually gotten a chance to play it so everything looks 100% new to me, so I can't say I understand what everyone is saying about the inhabitants and all, but everything looks so beautiful. Spyro is still so cute and well done and this entire level is freaking beautiful. And I almost squealed at his swimming animation. It's been so long since I've seen Spyro swimming.

I was looking forward to seeing YOTD footage more than Spyro 2, but I may actually look forward to actually playing Ripto's Rage/Glimmer the most now.
#3061 Posted: 23:47:37 11/07/2018
Oh, yeah, forgot one bit of speculation.

Looking at how they interpreted Idol Springs’ inhabitants as hippos, I’d say the monks in Colossus will be goats.
It goes with the theme of the level and even with the design (still unsure if that thing dangling from their faces is their mouth or a soul patch).

Also looked back at the PS1 Green Colosi and they definitely have smaller heads that I remembered: always take your nostalgia glasses off before judging the remakes, folks!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3062 Posted: 23:54:02 11/07/2018
Not sure about the orb animation being the same as the talisman animation. I like those shiny orbs bouncing and making that jewel sound when bouncing. The visual design of the powerup gates from ancient-looking technology to regular technology also leaves a lot to be desired. At least I know they'll be like this in Spyro 3, so it's just a matter of cutscenes, character designs, voice actors and possibly have a cutscene before fighting the Sorceress.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#3063 Posted: 00:00:06 12/07/2018
I don’t really get a technology vibe from the Powerup Gates, I’d say it’s more a case of magitech if anything, but something tells me they will vary from level to level.
Just look at how they fit Idol Springs’ theme and also resemble the hula girls pedestals.

The original ones fit all the themes because of how minimalistic and simple they were, honestly don’t see these ones used for Robotica Farm or Hurricos.
Could also be placeholder of course, which is also what I believe to be the case for the orb’s animation.

I think they also improved Spyro’s gliding animation and made his fire breath wider, but I’m not sure if the latter changed between the first and second game as well.
No pissed expression, he’s just too happy to be back! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:23 12/07/2018 by Drek95
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#3064 Posted: 00:10:56 12/07/2018
Spyro's gliding animation definitely has changed, I noticed that his wings seem to move a lot more when he takes off.

Also someone pointed out that each of the inhabitants look slightly different. Take a look:

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#3065 Posted: 00:15:09 12/07/2018
[User Posted Image]
Hey, what did I miss?

Finally Ripto's Rage footage! Just as great as I expected. I so want to see Skelos Badlands! Well, for those hoping that Ripto's Rage to be revealed at SDCC, oh well. I want to see Hunter, Moneybags, Elora, The Professor, Crush, and Gulp too as well! Well for now this is good. Trying to figure out who these voice actors could be. Do the Foremen look like they have Shrek ears to you?
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#3066 Posted: 00:26:15 12/07/2018
I'm so blown away by how good this looks!! The wait for Spyro 2 content was definitely worth the wait. If I had to have any complaints, I'm not too sure about the sky colour, orb animation and textboxes. It also seems that they kept the gem sound effect from the first game. That being said I think it looks amazing overall and if it shipped looking like this tomorrow I'd embrace it with open arms. I'm sure most of what I mentioned will be changed slightly before the release anyway. I ADORE how the enemies look, it's exactly how I pictured it as a child.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#3067 Posted: 00:30:36 12/07/2018
The NPCs of Idol Springs kind of look like characters from the CGI Doctor Seuss movies...
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3068 Posted: 01:03:00 12/07/2018
i dont like that they removed the raincloud from the hulagirl sidequest, thats my only complaint
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3069 Posted: 01:06:01 12/07/2018
That's pretty valid. I had a feeling something was missing.
---
#3070 Posted: 01:12:58 12/07/2018
Quote: Bionichute
i dont like that they removed the raincloud from the hulagirl sidequest, thats my only complaint

They're still working on the game. What we saw was an early version. We'll see the raincloud in the final version.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:17 12/07/2018 by Hardback247
#3071 Posted: 01:14:30 12/07/2018
Yeah, but just like with the orb’s animation and skybox/lighting I’m confident that’ll be fixed later on.
I’m getting early Stone Hill/reveal trailer vibes from this gameplay, especially since we are as clueless as always regarding how old the build is.

After seeing TfB’s commitment and how they changed colors and designs quite a few times, I think they’ll adjust every small detail if they haven’t already.
Not to mention that it would be extremely weird to take the rain out of a rain dance.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3072 Posted: 01:16:59 12/07/2018
I fairly convinced that they ended up hitting the skip button during the rain dace, and cut it short, since it was over so fast and the rain dance music bleeds over into the victory text box before the normal music comes back and things go back to normal, which I've seen happen in quite a few games when in-game cutscenes are skipped.

Could be the rain cloud just wasn't seen because of that.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3073 Posted: 02:10:39 12/07/2018
i can still not like it
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3074 Posted: 02:42:16 12/07/2018
I wonder if the model for Zoe is final?
#3075 Posted: 02:45:28 12/07/2018
Quote: Hardback247
I wonder if the model for Zoe is final?

I mean, I like it and see nothing wrong with it, so...

CrystalFissure just posted his thoughts, and he doesn't like it. He thinks they made her look like a conservative nanny.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3076 Posted: 02:49:02 12/07/2018
... she just looks like a normal woman to me?

[User Posted Image]
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:08 12/07/2018 by Bolt
#3077 Posted: 02:51:29 12/07/2018
Yeah, she looks fine. lol What does that even mean? lmao

Here's what I mean. He mentions it in the video:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:52:25 12/07/2018 by Hardback247
#3078 Posted: 02:53:12 12/07/2018
I don't know why you're posting the video as if that'd change my mind just because CrystalFissure said he doesn't like it. lol

I never said the video would change your mind.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3079 Posted: 03:14:43 12/07/2018
I personally don't see how giving her a longer dress makes her more conservative. It's just a design choice, and I think it looks really pretty. ;;

The only problem I might have is that her eyes look a little too big compared to her original model, but honestly, I think she looks fine.
[User Posted Image]
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3080 Posted: 03:56:45 12/07/2018
I love zoe's new design. Its taking advantage of the update hardware but not going too full on with it. My only complaint honestly is that she is too brown and needs brighter colours, but that can be easily fixed. >.>

im just happy they kept the animation where they hit their own head with the hammer lol.

I do agree that they should have kept the orb animation and I also prefer the old text box. But other than that I adore this <3

Also as for the lack of rain, i'm fairly sure they may just not have place particle fx and stuff in it yet. Ether that or they skipped the cutscene early. I mean the super charge portal thing doesn't have the the sparkles inside it ether which I'm surprised no one pointed out yet.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:59:39 12/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3081 Posted: 04:20:41 12/07/2018
Whoaaa Spyro 2 footage!

It's kinda weird seeing Idol Springs in not sunset-y colors, but it certainly looks far from bad! I love the slight haze they added to the level; it brings out the tropical feel quite well.

The redesigns of both the NPCs and the enemies look fantastic! I especially love that the shield idols now have BBQ grill lids as their shields, and it's crazy that they're giving slight differences even to each individual NPCs. Definitely makes me feel more confident that we'll also be seeing more differentiated dragon babies in 3. Zoe seems like she's stirring a bit of controversy, and I'm personally with DarkCynder on this. I love the new clothes she has but miss her bright colors.

From what little I could hear of the music, it sounded great. I think I did hear some of the original instruments in there, too~

Aaaand I love Spyro's swimming animations and cat lick idle animation! The little stretch they added at the end is SO CUTE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:21:58 12/07/2018 by Tsutori
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3082 Posted: 04:22:52 12/07/2018
if they show spyro 3 footage i hope it's fireworks factory <3

I bet it will be that or Sunny Villa. I will never leave the skateboard track there and in Enchanted Towers in this remake if they update everything.

MULTIPLAYER SKATEBOARD MINI GAMES!?!??! I WANT THIS TO BE A THING

As for Spyro 2, Zephyr, Aquaria Towers, Shady Oasis and Crystal Glacier are my favourites and I'm really looking forward to seeing them <3 As much as I love Spyro 3 I do think the level design in Spyro 2 was outstanding and the best and all my favourite levels are from 2.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 04:58:43 12/07/2018 by DarkCynder_543
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#3083 Posted: 08:15:48 12/07/2018
I like Zoe's new design, especially her newly detailed outfit. I'm glad she doesn't look like her AHT design. I wonder if her voice actress is the same as the original.

I like how the NPCs have different features that distinguish them from each other and I can't wait to see what they do with the other NPCs.

The levels in Spyro 2 I look forward to seeing remade the most are Glimmer, Skelos Badlands, Breeze Harbour, Magma Cone, Cloud Temples and Metropolis.
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3084 Posted: 09:42:23 12/07/2018
So I finally got around to watching this entirely, instead of just watching snippets of it. One of the things that stands out the most to me is TFB’s take on the inhabitants. The new designs are awesome. Honestly, I wasn’t sure how they would look, especially with their eyes. The originals had dot eyes, and here they have normal eyes. Kinda weird because I’m still used to their old designs. Also, I can only hear a little bit of the music throughout the vid. Idol Springs’ ost is my absolute favorite, and based on what I heard, it sounds very promising! Zoe looks great, the enemies look awesome, underwater looks fantastic, I love all the added detail to the backgrounds, and I actually like the new orb animation. It seems more people prefer the bouncing animation, though. The only complaint I have is the skybox. It should be more of an orange-yellowish color, not pale gray.

Quote: alicecarp

The levels in Spyro 2 I look forward to seeing remade the most are Glimmer, Skelos Badlands, Breeze Harbour, Magma Cone, Cloud Temples and Metropolis.

Oh man! I need to see Skelos Badlands! So many memories with that level. I can’t wait.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:11:16 12/07/2018 by ECDT1089
#3085 Posted: 11:59:43 12/07/2018
Wow, complaining about Zoe's dress too? At the most, I'd change the... Inner dress part? to yellow so she pops out more, but the clothes themselves are great. A little fancy dress won't stop r34, same for someone complaining about her... Other features offsite.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3086 Posted: 12:14:47 12/07/2018
Footage looks great, though I'm sure it's still a work in progress on TfB's end. Supercharge looked a lot like it did back in the day and swimming controls seemed smooth. It looks like they're still working on Spyro's animation for his fast/charge-swim.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#3087 Posted: 13:31:21 12/07/2018
Definitely still needs some work but it looks good.

Main things that I noticed that looked bad were Spyro's walking animation looking seriously stiff and underdeveloped, like they had literally just implemented the first placeholder animation for it. I expect that's gonna be fixed.

Also the camera doesn't lock onto the idol in the fish feeding mini game. They should fix that because being able to move the camera means you can just point it at the water to see what the next fish is before it comes out, defeating the purpose of the challenge.

Also while I'm fine with the cliffs being a bit taller, I wish you could see the sky more often. Perhaps lower the cliffs a tad. Not as much as the original as they were too short there, but enough to see the sky.

[User Posted Image]

Also Zoe looks a bit older but I don't mind. Her outfit actually seems to have some Greek influence now. That shot that's been going around isn't the most flattering because of the lighting in that area, she probably looks better in brighter light.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3088 Posted: 14:11:48 12/07/2018
Absolutely agree on the cliffs, I would like to see a bit of the sky from that part of the level especially with the proper colors implemented.
Speaking of which I find these edits to be quite closer to the original idea, even if not perfect nor professional:

[User Posted Image]

Text box aside, I really do like the warmer and darker colors for the outside areas and the colder ones for the inside, but judging by what TfB has done in the past I have almost no doubt they will tweak them properly.
They did acknowledged artistic liberties, but only when they felt they could add their touch or make certain details funnier (like the pot lid instead of the shields) but I’d see no real reason to change colors and lighting so much and I feel like they perfectly know that.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3089 Posted: 14:31:02 12/07/2018
Something does irk me about Reignited's text box here for sure, but I don't think that edit fixes the feeling.

I'm still happily surprised we got some Idol Springs, though! smilie
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#3090 Posted: 15:06:38 12/07/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Also the camera doesn't lock onto the idol in the fish feeding mini game. They should fix that because being able to move the camera means you can just point it at the water to see what the next fish is before it comes out, defeating the purpose of the challenge.

You could argue that the initial angle is off but you can move the camera in the original too.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#3091 Posted: 15:08:11 12/07/2018
I think the dialogue font is more than fine, whimsical without being an eyesore. The box is a bit more meh, I'd make it more transparent so the gradient isn't so distracting.
---
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#3092 Posted: 16:09:21 12/07/2018
the UI is ugly as sin and looks like a cheap mobile game
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3093 Posted: 17:02:01 12/07/2018
Hopefully it's a work-in-progress!

This is actually the only 'nitpick' that's really bothered me so far, just because of how distracting it is. I think it has something to do with the difference between the character-name('Foreman Bud') font and the what-they're-saying(dialogue) font, because like you said, Bifrost, I like the dialogue font on its own.

Oh, and also: do you think we'll get any equivalent to the little map in the bottom left corner?
First | Previous | Page 62 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me