darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 99 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4901 Posted: 18:38:56 25/11/2018
Someone's making a 3D model of Spyro the Dad, based on Nicholas Kole's artwork.

https://twitter.com/XCK3D/status/1066578125541203968

[User Posted Image]
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4902 Posted: 20:48:26 25/11/2018
Quote: Bifrost
And even if she didn't get corrupted by Gaul, the whole ambiguous nature of being a Wind dragon probably would've made her more aerodynamic and maybe lanky, but not necessarily thin. No Elders that specifically have a wind theme to use as a reference, I think?

Why are you so against skinny?
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4903 Posted: 21:06:20 25/11/2018
Because everyone else in the game is beefy and I want muscles-- I mean I want huge, elaborate scales on my adult dragon like so much of Reignited has
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4904 Posted: 21:50:24 25/11/2018
It's a nice take on adult Cynder even though it's not how I would personally visualize her!! Kinda wanna give it my own shot

Quote: JCW555
The sound of the portals is the same as Spyro 1, so I don't know why they'd give you Enter the Dragonfly flashbacks (even though ETD reused in).

Because I didn't really play STD growing up so I associate the sound with the game I played. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:59 25/11/2018 by Darby
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4905 Posted: 15:29:52 26/11/2018
It's honestly been really amazing to see everyone design their own takes on what post-Insomniac dragons would look like in Reignited. I really do hope that some of these familiar faces reappear in TFB's theoretical Reignited sequel.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
ThunderEgg Emerald Sparx Gems: 3912
#4906 Posted: 18:17:44 26/11/2018
I want that 3d model. I would sincerely love the person who 3d prints it and sends it to me.
---
I AM ETERNAL! https://i.imgur.com/8H3ij0j.png (banner by skylandersfan60)
#4907 Posted: 00:05:45 27/11/2018
Found this fanart based off of Nicholas Kole's Spyro design, but slightly younger! I think it's really cute [User Posted Image] credit
#4908 Posted: 19:48:25 27/11/2018
Pls TfB, never fix the Sonic glitch. It is the best glitch of the whole game. smilie
---
#4909 Posted: 01:57:49 28/11/2018
our boi is a beefcake

https://twitter.com/ManuelDeJo...474664652386304

[User Posted Image]
---
#4910 Posted: 02:14:09 28/11/2018
My goodness, I'm really loving how this model is turning out :3
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#4911 Posted: 07:11:45 28/11/2018
I want a new game where you play as this adult Spyro. Also, the accessories he’s wearing reminds me of Jak from Jak and Daxter.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4912 Posted: 21:20:58 29/11/2018
And so, in the end, it happened.

I defeated Scorch, watched the cutscene where Bianca frees Hunter and finally reached Midnight Mountain.
And it happened.

The more I stayed there, the more I felt something growing inside me.
Those colors and music, although not the exact same ones from the original game, striked some very hidden chord inside my soul and I started remembering about my childhood, those easier times when Spyro helped everything feel more magical and special.

And tears wetted my eyes a little.

I was expecting this game to excite me, make me scream of joy and even made me feel a bit sad for the times gone... But I would have never expected it to touch me.
Wow.

Sorry for this quite sappy post, but I felt like sharing this moment with you guys.
Think I never felt like this before with anything else.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#4913 Posted: 22:39:21 29/11/2018
:,3

That's so sweet. I wonder if I'll get to that point in my playthough, too.

I just started, so we have a ways to go.
---
#4914 Posted: 00:22:47 30/11/2018
Quote: ThunderEgg

Enjoy it as much as you can.
Even though I’m incredibly excited to replay it already, it will never be like the first time again.
Still haven’t finished it myself, though. smilie

Sure hope you’ll get that feeling, at one point.
It something truly amazing, words aren’t enough to describe it properly.

EDIT:
Also...

ULTRA SPOILER:

they included the super whirlwind in Midnight Mountain, after you defeat the Sorceress for the first time!

Yesterday I looked at the castle’s roof out of curiosity, and noticed how there was grass and torches as if it were a reachable location, so I started wondering if there was a way to get there and I suddendly remembered the removed whirlwind.
And guess what?

Not only is the impossible island now possible, but you can also reach that part of the castle for... yet another life.
But still, it’s the fun of exploration and discovery that matters!

I know all of this excitement for four extra lives could seem a bit exaggerated, but reaching that island felt like an accomplishment I was waiting my entire childhood to achieve, especially since back then there was no way of knowing what was up there and I spent hours trying to reach it.
What a grand finale for the trilogy, and I have yet to unlock the Super Bonus Round! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:38:56 30/11/2018 by Drek95
#4915 Posted: 15:32:01 30/11/2018
Megan Gritzfeld, a Senior Character Artist at Activision, made a prototype Spyro model to help TFB pitch Reignited Trilogy to the Activision higher-ups.

While I understand the model was not created by TFB so that's probably why it wasn't used, I kinda wish this one was used in Spyro 1 Reignited, since it makes him look a little younger which is more accurate to how the original game was.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RYnGRW

There's a few different renders there but here's a sample.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
#4916 Posted: 15:42:01 30/11/2018
I love it. Make it mine.
---
#4917 Posted: 16:36:44 30/11/2018
that cheesin' grin, i love him
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#4918 Posted: 20:03:39 30/11/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Megan Gritzfeld, a Senior Character Artist at Activision, made a prototype Spyro model to help TFB pitch Reignited Trilogy to the Activision higher-ups.

While I understand the model was not created by TFB so that's probably why it wasn't used, I kinda wish this one was used in Spyro 1 Reignited, since it makes him look a little younger which is more accurate to how the original game was.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/RYnGRW

There's a few different renders there but here's a sample.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I kind of like this model’s Head a lot more
#4919 Posted: 20:10:09 30/11/2018
Keep in mind this was for a pitch so I'm sure a more realistic style is what would've gotten the attention of execs. Those tail spots though, oof, good thing those were removed early on the final model.
---
#4920 Posted: 20:37:09 30/11/2018
While I love the expression in the second image, and prefer other details such as the claws and belly plates over the final design, I’m glad they went with the other one in the end.
They would have probably tweaked it to make it fit the game’s style a bit more, but I don’t know to what extent.

Speaking of designs, don’t know why but the face Spyro makes in this image reminds me a lot of his Legend incarnation:

[User Posted Image]

Maybe it’s the crest or the snout, not sure.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4921 Posted: 20:57:05 30/11/2018
It's because he does similar faces a lot of the time.

https://vignette.wikia.nocooki...=20180122030442
https://vignette.wikia.nocooki...=20180923212231

I think the closest one is in the ANB tv ad, though there's no screenshot readily avaliable for that one.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:58:10 30/11/2018 by Bifrost
#4922 Posted: 21:05:10 30/11/2018
Spyro has A S C E N D E D

[User Posted Image]
---
#4923 Posted: 21:22:49 30/11/2018
Quote: Drek95
While I love the expression in the second image, and prefer other details such as the claws and belly plates over the final design, I’m glad they went with the other one in the end.
They would have probably tweaked it to make it fit the game’s style a bit more, but I don’t know to what extent.

Speaking of designs, don’t know why but the face Spyro makes in this image reminds me a lot of his Legend incarnation:

[User Posted Image]

Maybe it’s the crest or the snout, not sure.

Maybe because of this?
---
#4924 Posted: 22:30:22 30/11/2018
Daww this one's my favorite!!

[User Posted Image]
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4925 Posted: 22:58:50 30/11/2018
I'm also glad that they didn't use that design to be honest. Not only are the scales way too defined which makes the cartoony design look cluttered (which was a huge issue that I had with Skyro in Imaginators and a big fear I had when the remakes were rumored), but also there's an elbow finger on the wings. Spyro's design in the OG first game (not the latter two) had messed up wings as well; no need to be faithful on that front.

I do prefer the darker wing webbing color and the paler belly and horns - it's something I miss from the old design - but overall I think what they went with is much better. I do miss his whole "aging" thing as well but they could have just made him look younger between games by making him shorter and giving him bigger eyes or something :P

Quote: Sesshomaru75
That said, wasn't that last design in the link (So not the ones you actually posted in this topic) the one that Insomniac themselves recommended not to use, or was that another prototype design that I'm thinking of?

You are correct. They said during the SDCC panel that Insomniac didn't approve of that model and were much more satisfied with the current design. Showed a picture of one of those exact poses actually.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#4926 Posted: 03:12:38 02/12/2018

Enjoy it as much as you can.
Even though I’m incredibly excited to replay it already, it will never be like the first time again.
Still haven’t finished it myself, though. smilie

Sure hope you’ll get that feeling, at one point.
It something truly amazing, words aren’t enough to describe it properly.

EDIT:
Also...

ULTRA SPOILER:

they included the super whirlwind in Midnight Mountain, after you defeat the Sorceress for the first time!

Yesterday I looked at the castle’s roof out of curiosity, and noticed how there was grass and torches as if it were a reachable location, so I started wondering if there was a way to get there and I suddendly remembered the removed whirlwind.
And guess what?

Not only is the impossible island now possible, but you can also reach that part of the castle for... yet another life.
But still, it’s the fun of exploration and discovery that matters!

I know all of this excitement for four extra lives could seem a bit exaggerated, but reaching that island felt like an accomplishment I was waiting my entire childhood to achieve, especially since back then there was no way of knowing what was up there and I spent hours trying to reach it.
What a grand finale for the trilogy, and I have yet to unlock the Super Bonus Round! smilie

The original creator of that whirlwind will be happy, I bet! He was on holiday near the time of release and by the time he got back, they'd scrapped that, making the Impossible Island...impossible.

I'm glad!! smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#4927 Posted: 14:43:29 02/12/2018
Wow, had no idea that’s what happened!

I’m sure he must finally feel satisfied knowing that people will get to enjoy that small part of the game without needing to resort to hacks.

I wonder why they removed it without removing the island as well, though, especially since both were apparently already finished.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4928 Posted: 18:32:15 04/12/2018
Why is no one talks about how bad they made the lightning orb challenge in Hurricos?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:33:32 04/12/2018 by XSparxX
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#4929 Posted: 18:51:51 04/12/2018
Quote: XSparxX
Why is no one talks about how bad they made the lightning orb challenge in Hurricos?

I know people don't like the fact that the alert siren isn't in the challenge anymore which doesn't let you know if the thieves have taken the electricity balls.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:56:20 04/12/2018 by JCW555
#4930 Posted: 21:50:17 04/12/2018
The model did a good job of making Spyro look adorable.
---
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#4931 Posted: 03:03:00 05/12/2018

I know people don't like the fact that the alert siren isn't in the challenge anymore which doesn't let you know if the thieves have taken the electricity balls.

In their defense, it was a very obnoxious sound, but they could have replaced it with something.

Also, people mentioning Spyro getting older over the games, I think that's why I love the original voice actor as well as Tom Kenny because Tom Kenny's voice acting makes Spyro sound older in the second game then he did in the first.
#4932 Posted: 10:30:26 05/12/2018
The enemies are also appear less ... it isnt an challenge anymore imo.

I think thats true "A Heros Tail" Spyro looks older than OT-Spyro too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:38:28 05/12/2018 by XSparxX
#4933 Posted: 18:19:50 05/12/2018
Quote: MugoUrth

In their defense, it was a very obnoxious sound, but they could have replaced it with something.

Also, people mentioning Spyro getting older over the games, I think that's why I love the original voice actor as well as Tom Kenny because Tom Kenny's voice acting makes Spyro sound older in the second game then he did in the first.

Lol that's why I'm gonna try to wait for another update to the game before I play 2 and 3. I've heard 1 is the most polished of RT, so I'm gonna try to 100% it to lengthen my playtime. Hopefully they update the other two games enough to fix any problems in the meantime.
---
#4934 Posted: 18:29:13 05/12/2018
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna last that long, honestly...

I have a pretty busy routine, so I don't get to play videogames as much as I'd like, but I'm already almost halfway through Spyro 1. Unless TFB does something quick, I'm gonna have to suffer like the rest of us Spyro obsessives.
---
#4935 Posted: 19:35:30 05/12/2018

I have a pretty busy routine, so I don't get to play videogames as much as I'd like, but I'm already almost halfway through Spyro 1. Unless TFB does something quick, I'm gonna have to suffer like the rest of us Spyro obsessives.

Frankly, absolutely don’t let the rightful criticism interfere with your hype.

I’ve finished all three games yesterday, and even though the third game had some major hiccups it never prevented me from enjoying it.
No big problems with the second one, really, but that’s just my experience.

The point is people reporting about bugs and glitches are inevitably going to be more noticeable than the ones talking about how awesome the remake is.
Play it first and have fun, it’s going to be amazing. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4936 Posted: 15:33:49 06/12/2018

Frankly, absolutely don’t let the rightful criticism interfere with your hype.

I’ve finished all three games yesterday, and even though the third game had some major hiccups it never prevented me from enjoying it.
No big problems with the second one, really, but that’s just my experience.

The point is people reporting about bugs and glitches are inevitably going to be more noticeable than the ones talking about how awesome the remake is.
Play it first and have fun, it’s going to be amazing. smilie

That's a good reminder, Drek. smilie
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#4937 Posted: 18:55:11 06/12/2018
i managed to get most of the skill points in the 3, save for the couse record in lost fleet. i only couldn't do it because of the issue with the frame rate. smilie

i can't believe i remembered all of them off the top of my head. i used to have a list printed out (from here actually lol) that i would go thru every time i played spyro 3.

as for spyro 2, i remembered only a select few.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#4938 Posted: 19:14:07 06/12/2018
That one took me way more than I would have hoped but a lot less than I would have feared.
Try to skate to the exit portal so that you aren’t actually resetting the challenge but rather leaving it, thus preventing the overlapping.

It was actually the opposite for me with remembering them, especially because the third game has a lot more Skill Points and four of the second one are tied to the Speedways.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4939 Posted: 23:08:46 06/12/2018
This isn't directly related to Reignited Trilogy, but the General section is dead so I'll post here.

The Spyro Twitter posted this...

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...2034729984?s=19

"Made it to Glacier Park"

To those of you who don't know, Glacier Park is the name of the third Adventure Mode hub world in Crash Team Racing. And if you have been following gaming news, you'll know about how Activision has been sending both Crash Christmas Cookies and orange, fluffy dice (like you commonly see used as a car air freshener) to various journalists and Crash/Spyro centric YouTubers like Canadian Guy Eh and CrystalFissure. The dice also comes with a an orange card saying "sliding into the Game Awards", which is happening tonight.

So obviously, a Crash Team Racing remake announcement for the Game Awards is being teased, similar to the purple egg thing that happened to tease Spyro Reignited Trilogy. But this tweet from the Spyro Twitter might also hint at Spyro appearing in that remake as a playable character. Also, if you look closely at the image posted by the Spyro Twitter, it seems to have what looks like an image of Crash in his Kart hidden off to the right (one of the tweet replies shows it off better).

We may not see Spyro announced tonight, it could be saved for later, though CTR remake itself likely will be. There is also some history backing it up, as Spyro was an unlockable character in the GBA version of Crash Nitro Kart.
---
#4940 Posted: 23:20:40 06/12/2018
That’s a very nice teaser!

Spyro could be a very cool unlockable character for the CTR remake which I think will be inevitably revealed today, at this point, but this could also just be a cross-promotion which has nothing to do with the actual game itself.

Like when we saw Spyro reflected in Crash’s eyes shorly before Reignited’s announcement.
I was indeed wondering why they kept going one with the whole drone campaign, but promoting Team Racing’s remake sounds like a reasonable explanation.
Sure hope the bandicoot will return the favor, when it’s time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#4941 Posted: 23:55:54 06/12/2018
I hope that Spyro will be playable in it and that it’s not just cross promotion
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#4942 Posted: 15:44:37 18/12/2018
I Have complete The spyro trilogy:
Spyro 1 120%
spyro 2 100%
spyro 3 117%

and it's greatness, awasome, cool game of seasons
and in Super Bonus Round in challenge with yetis on snow disc it was happy difficulty and without anxiety
#4943 Posted: 20:05:55 19/12/2018
Some sales news ~

Spyro sold over 100k units in Germany in November
https://translate.google.com/t...-im-november%2F
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:07:41 19/12/2018 by XSparxX
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#4944 Posted: 20:14:44 19/12/2018
https://twitter.com/MatPiscate...168857310941184

https://twitter.com/MatPiscate...169636205846528

"Spyro Reignited Trilogy is the #9 best-selling game of November. The launch month dollar sales of Spyro Reignited Trilogy are more than 30 percent higher than the combined launch month sales of all other Spyro games in history (excluding Skylanders)."

Posted this in another topic, so might as well do it here.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:15:16 19/12/2018 by JCW555
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#4945 Posted: 15:02:33 25/12/2018
Just started Year of the Dragon today! Man it's a nostalgia overload! Have yet to see any footage of the levels other than what was officially revealed before the release. So mostly everything I'm seeing is new. I just hope I don't come across any glitches I've been reading about for the past month. *Fingers crossed*
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:03:07 25/12/2018 by ECDT1089
#4946 Posted: 15:20:23 25/12/2018
Yeah, Year of the Dragon was the biggest nostalgia bomb out of the three (even though it probably isn’t my favorite, at least in the remakes).
You will most definitely encounter some bugs and glitches due to the unfinished and unpolished nature of the third game, but don’t worry, it most likely won’t be as bad as they described it. smilie

Also, sorry for the off-topicness but Merry Christmas, everybody!
Hope you’ll all have a great time and the chance to try Reignited out, if you haven’t already. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 99 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me