darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 98 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Veggie Power Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#4851 Posted: 20:18:32 18/11/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
The super long fly-ins seem to be simply a clever way of hiding the loading of certain assets that they don't want players to see pop into the level. If we're talking about the animation itself, then I have no idea. *shrug*

I've considered this too, however it didn't seem to be working too well as a couple of times while playing Spyro 1, midway to landing, mountains and scenery would pop-in. It's a good idea, though. However maybe they should just extend the loading screen by a few seconds if really necessary.
---
smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4852 Posted: 20:39:57 18/11/2018
Found a bug with the Red Thief in Tiki Lodge, he basically gave me the egg for free lol.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...9593426945?s=19
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Veggie Power Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#4853 Posted: 20:55:51 18/11/2018
Quote: Hardback247

I emailed the doc to Toys For Bob's Paul Yan.

I appreciate you doing that for me, if he responds to the email you should definitely let us know smilie
---
smilie
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4854 Posted: 21:06:00 18/11/2018
i wonder if theres more issues with disc versions of the game compared to the download version?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4855 Posted: 22:02:28 18/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute
i wonder if theres more issues with disc versions of the game compared to the download version?

Doubtful, since PS4/Xbox One discs just install the game on your system. You don't even need the disc to play on Xbox One once you install the game from the disc.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#4856 Posted: 22:19:12 18/11/2018
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/...uk-games-retail

This shouldn't be a surprise since PAL territories love platformers, but Spyro's doing really well in the UK physically. Also a whopping 75% of Spyro's PAL physical sales are on the PS4 version.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:54 18/11/2018 by JCW555
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#4857 Posted: 22:21:44 18/11/2018
Quote: JCW555
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/...uk-games-retail

This shouldn't be a surprise since PAL territories love platformers, but Spyro's doing really well in the UK physically.

This kind of goes without saying, but let's hope that means more games!
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#4858 Posted: 09:39:19 19/11/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: Bionichute

Doubtful, since PS4/Xbox One discs just install the game on your system. You don't even need the disc to play on Xbox One once you install the game from the disc.

You do need the disc on the Xbox one to play a game if you've installed it as you don't have the digital license to play without it, but unlike the PS4 you don't need to usually uninstall the game and re-download the title if you get it digitally. I can't play forza motorsport 7 or overwatch without the disc as examples if I try you get a box pop up saying"Do you own this game or app?"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4859 Posted: 15:28:28 19/11/2018
As expected Gateway to Glimmer is where the nostalgia truly hit hard.
The fact Summer Forest looks so incredibly gorgeous doesn’t help either.

I probably won’t survive Autumn Plains.

Got all the skill points in the first game, by the way and
the door in Artisans didn’t open.
The gallery is a nice extra, though it doesn’t replace a proper artbook which I’m expecting to come out at one point.

Not going to hold my breath until I’ve completed all games with all the Trophies, but if the door doesn’t open then... OH BOY.

Unless they troll us and use it as a way to access a Crash demo.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#4860 Posted: 16:07:33 19/11/2018
Quote: Drek95
As expected Gateway to Glimmer is where the nostalgia truly hit hard.
The fact Summer Forest looks so incredibly gorgeous doesn’t help either.

I probably won’t survive Autumn Plains.

Got all the skill points in the first game, by the way and
the door in Artisans didn’t open.
The gallery is a nice extra, though it doesn’t replace a proper artbook which I’m expecting to come out at one point.

Not going to hold my breath until I’ve completed all games with all the Trophies, but if the door doesn’t open then... OH BOY.

Unless they troll us and use it as a way to access a Crash demo.

Another thing:
It's a shame they didn't include the epilogues. I just emailed Paul Yan about that, too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:08:13 19/11/2018 by Hardback247
#4861 Posted: 16:21:42 19/11/2018
Every time I email Paul Yan, I'm worried he won't ever respond.
#4862 Posted: 16:27:45 19/11/2018

I've already glitched out of bounds in Artisans to check inside the door. It's an empty room. There's no way to open it in-game.

Could be used for DLC, but could also be an artistic choice. Don't think too hard about it.

[User Posted Image]

filler
---
3godzilla3 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#4863 Posted: 17:24:33 19/11/2018
The entire soundtrack for Spyro 1 is up on my channel! This includes every single dynamic track!

Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/playli...Xmms5jdiOeyC0wg

Look forward to Spyro 2's soundtrack today and throughout the week!
---
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13
Skarlime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#4864 Posted: 18:07:33 19/11/2018
I won't be able to play it anytime soon, so I have a question.

Some people were worried that in order to download Spyro 2 and 3, it probably would require a code that can be used only once with each physical copy. Is that true? Or just a rumour that got out of hand?

This is not a complaint regarding the download, I just wanna be sure.
#4865 Posted: 18:25:13 19/11/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Artistic choice seems like a bit of a stretch to me, but there's no real way to know at the moment. *shrug*

How is it a stretch in a remake chock full of artistic liberties and choices?

People are only assuming the door means something or that we are getting DLC because Crash did, but the only reason Crash got DLC was because the first game had a bunch of infamous cut levels on the disc, some of which were near complete in the original game, so they decided to use them to make the DLC levels.

Spyro doesn't have anything like that. Even the rumoured Spring home world for Spyro 2 was just a baseless rumour that got deconfirmed. So there's no reason to expect anything.

Another point worth noting is that the Crash games already re-use assets between levels, so making DLC levels like that would not take that much effort in the grand scheme of things, and it's still within the established nature of the game. Spyro levels on the other hand, always have unique assets and in Spyro 2 and 3, a story behind each level with unique characters. A genuinely worthwhile DLC level for Spyro would take a lot more work.

Unless of course they give us another Speedway or a Gnasty's Loot 2.0 or something, but I get the impression that's not what people are hoping for.

While I wouldn't be opposed to getting DLC, I think it's best not to assume anything, and I also think DLC needs to be done right. There are way more factors to consider than there were with Crash. Crash is a simple game, mostly just going from Point A to Point B. Adding a new level off to the side doesn't help or hurt your progression through the original set of levels. Spyro doesn't work like that, the games are all about collecting things that then unlock more levels and so on. That's why I think they would probably just give us a Speedway that doesn't give you gems based on score.

The other option for DLC that I think would work is just giving us an isolated home world and set of levels that aren't tied to any one game. It has its own position at the bottom of the main menu or something. That way, it doesn't interfere with the economy of the original games, and they could design it to not have any real context or unique characters like Spyro 1 levels were, but still give us Spyro 3's abilities. Something like this probably would not be free though, which again, goes against what people seem to be hoping for.

Also, Reignited Trilogy has enough bugs and problems compared to N. Sane Trilogy where I would rather they focus on cleaning that up before even considering DLC.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#4866 Posted: 18:26:31 19/11/2018
Eeaahhhh

Nah, I don't think I'll get this for now

Not that I entirely trust what people are saying about the game, but there are a few things I've heard from you guys(most of which aren't notalgia-fueled screwballs) and there are other games I just would rather get
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#4867 Posted: 18:28:42 19/11/2018
Quote: Skarlime

Some people were worried that in order to download Spyro 2 and 3, it probably would require a code that can be used only once with each physical copy. Is that true? Or just a rumour that got out of hand?

It doesn't require a download code, the missing levels are part of an update.
---
#4868 Posted: 18:29:06 19/11/2018
Every time I email Paul Yan, I'm worried he won't ever respond.

Don’t want to sound cynical, but I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were in you.

I highly doubt Paul Yan is going to actually read those kind of e-mails, let alone answer them.
I just find it very hard to believe that a studio head would do that, not that he specifically would.

That being said, I have to admit that if I were to bet on one software-house answering to fans regarding isuues and suggestions, it would definitely be Toys for Bob given how they interacted with the fanbase during Reignited’s development.

I've already glitched out of bounds in Artisans to check inside the door. It's an empty room. There's no way to open it in-game.

Could be used for DLC, but could also be an artistic choice. Don't think too hard about it.

[User Posted Image]

filler

Uuuh...

So they modeled a previously non-existent room, complete with a closed interactable door as an artistic choice...?
Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t think about that door being anything more than a mere decoration up to when I charged it and reacted by shaking.

No other door in the game does that.

Plus, you can actually see the empty room behind the door if you go in first person view in front of it, so it’s not like they want to keep the actual room a secret.

I’m definitely smelling DLC, there, and I’m very curious to see if there are other similar anomalies in other Homeworlds in the second and third games.

Regarding how likely it is to happen, even if we ignore the levels which were indeed cut from the first game (mostly as pure concepts but the ideas are there), there is still the possibility that Activision wants to see how TfB handles original levels before allowing them to develop brand new games.

Stormy Ascent was an almost completed cut stage, but Future Tense isn’t: the effort doesn’t really matter, as for all that we know they could have already created the new content and are just waiting for an official reveal (never forget Tealgamemaster saw something quite exciting in the devs’ debug menu).
I honestly believes we are far more likely to get something than to get nothing at all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:38:49 19/11/2018 by Drek95
Skarlime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#4869 Posted: 18:35:27 19/11/2018
Quote: Skarlime

It doesn't require a download code, the missing levels are part of an update.

I see. Thank you so much!
#4870 Posted: 18:36:25 19/11/2018
Should be noted that the empty room isn't fully modelled. Just enough to account for people seeing it through the gap between the two doors.

There are plenty of games that model things out of bounds. Some games are even famous for including a small Easter egg out of bounds. Some games have placeholder objects left just out of bounds. Hell, I think Spyro 3 on PS1 had an empty room somewhere out of bounds that meant absolutely nothing.

Having something out of bounds, on it's own, does not mean we are getting DLC. It means nothing right now.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:37:42 19/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4871 Posted: 18:46:58 19/11/2018
Just collected 405/400 gems in Cloud Spires. Nice
#4872 Posted: 19:14:28 19/11/2018
You should get a trophy or Skill Point for this. Big zooms.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...2961803265?s=19
---
#4873 Posted: 20:17:20 19/11/2018
Should be noted that the empty room isn't fully modelled. Just enough to account for people seeing it through the gap between the two doors.

There are plenty of games that model things out of bounds. Some games are even famous for including a small Easter egg out of bounds. Some games have placeholder objects left just out of bounds. Hell, I think Spyro 3 on PS1 had an empty room somewhere out of bounds that meant absolutely nothing.

Having something out of bounds, on it's own, does not mean we are getting DLC. It means nothing right now.

Remember the spoiler tag. smilie

The fact it isn’t fully modeled (thanks for pointing it out, by the way, it wasn’t super easy to tell from the image) could also mean they didn’t bother to finish it since they know they could probably complete the room when the DLC is released.

And by the way, you are right, there is an unused room in Midday Gardens, but it’s closed-off by a wall and is not noticeable when playing regularly.
A similar situation would be a closed-off shortcut in Bloodborne, where the two doors used to access it have their prompt removed and simply aren’t accessible anymore, and only by performing specific actions or getting out of bounds you can actually see the old passage.
Both are stuff the developers didn’t want players to know about anymore.

Here we are talking about an animated door, which specifically reacts to one of of Spyro’s attacks and was not present in any form in the original game.
It’s something the long-time players will immediately percieve as new and odd, a lot more than many other interpretations or added details, so I get the impression TfB absolutely wants us to notice it.

Not saying it’s 100% going to be an access to some kind of DLC, but I’d be more surprised if it didn’t turn out to be something more than just an artistic choice than the other way around.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4874 Posted: 20:36:56 19/11/2018
Was the Farley mission completely bugged for anyone else? I experienced everything from the ball getting stuck on things, Farley's A.I being unresponsive, the ball being unable to leave Spyro's mouth, and Farley getting stuck in midair. Had to kill myself a bunch of times to get another fair shake at the mission.

Evening Lake's ladders are also completely bugged. If you turn the camera while Spyro is climbing them, Spyro's body will rotate with the camera and sometimes he starts spazzing out, and you can even get him to start climbing backwards or with his back facing the climbable surface.

Starting to see what people mean with Spyro 3 feeling especially rushed.

Also I don't like the Sorceress's new VA. She sounds like she's bored and just reading lines.
---
#4875 Posted: 21:54:05 19/11/2018
Was the Farley mission completely bugged for anyone else? I experienced everything from the ball getting stuck on things, Farley's A.I being unresponsive, the ball being unable to leave Spyro's mouth, and Farley getting stuck in midair. Had to kill myself a bunch of times to get another fair shake at the mission.

Yuuup, currently attempting this and Farley will not freaking chase the ball so I’m stuck at the third door. Probably gonna have to die to make anything happen.
Also had some trouble with skateboarding. Tried “giving up” and the timer went away so I went to start again and as I was in the middle of a trick the “are you sure you want to give up?” screen came up.
#4876 Posted: 23:47:03 19/11/2018
I don't think I got my answer to this earlier. Should I probably wait until a new patch or two is released before playing Year of the Dragon?
#4877 Posted: 23:55:13 19/11/2018
I don't think I got my answer to this earlier. Should I probably wait until a new patch or two is released before playing Year of the Dragon?

I don't think it's quite that necessary. It's not a case of the whole game being busted, for me at least, just certain areas weren't quite finished. It's still enjoyable and I mean, if you have the trilogy, it does no harm since you've already put down the money.

We also don't know when (or even if) a patch will come, or how much it would fix.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4878 Posted: 04:32:36 20/11/2018
Can someone tell me how to update my copy of Spyro Reignited on PS4? It has yet to download the rest of the game.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#4879 Posted: 05:00:56 20/11/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Can someone tell me how to update my copy of Spyro Reignited on PS4? It has yet to download the rest of the game.

Try this:

1) Highlight the game and press OPTIONS
2) Then go to, CHECK FOR UPDATES
3) The update should begin automatically
Musical Monk Green Sparx Gems: 224
#4880 Posted: 16:48:52 20/11/2018
Speaking of sales, Spyro: Reignited Trilogy managed to take away the top spot from Red Dead Redemption in the UK. It should be noted that the previous week was very competitive when it comes to new releases and that RDR is a very lauded game with great word of mouth.

https://www.gamespot.com/artic...d/1100-6463326/
---
WHY YAI YAI YO!
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 16:59:56 20/11/2018 by Musical Monk
#4881 Posted: 20:41:16 20/11/2018
I’m so happy Spyro is selling this well!
Even with all its minor and major issues, it’s still a work of pure love and passion and it’s great to see it getting the recognition it deserves.
Was a bit “worried” it would have not sold as well as Crash too, but it was probably a silly concern.

I’m also very happy to say that even after 15+ years of experience I’m still having trouble with the trolley.

And with Breeze Harbor’s purple filter, but that’s another story.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:41:35 20/11/2018 by Drek95
#4882 Posted: 21:34:00 20/11/2018
The sound of the portals gives me ETD flashbacks
#4883 Posted: 18:08:31 21/11/2018
Done and dusted. I will probably work on my video review tomorrow then.

[User Posted Image]
---
#4884 Posted: 20:04:10 21/11/2018
Okay, something HAS to be done about this. The whale in Evening Lake keeps sucking me in, after I already got the egg from inside it.
#4885 Posted: 21:51:24 21/11/2018
I'm also noticing an inconsistent frame rate whenever I play YOTD Reignited. That, and the motion blur, kind of made my eyes hurt more than usual.
#4886 Posted: 17:10:19 22/11/2018
I know people say this a lot, but this tweet legit made me feel 5 years old again.

https://twitter.com/CrashBandi...6652084225?s=19
---
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#4887 Posted: 20:32:22 22/11/2018
Quote: Darby
The sound of the portals gives me ETD flashbacks

YES that’s what I thought. The vases are more similar to ETD as well. The rest of the game really reminds me of AHT though and has since the start. The brightness, the colours, the grass, the way Spyro bounces when he moves, the whirlwinds, the way the portals build when they come out of the ground, yeah it seems they took a lot from that and combined it with the original. Which I guess makes sense because it’s the most recent ‘proper’ Spyro game?

I wish they’d kept the double jump in Spyro 2 smilie I haven’t backtracked in that game for many years smilie
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#4888 Posted: 00:51:32 23/11/2018
The sound of the portals is the same as Spyro 1, so I don't know why they'd give you Enter the Dragonfly flashbacks (even though ETD reused in).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#4889 Posted: 01:14:11 23/11/2018
I found some really cool fanart inspired by Nicholas Kole's Reignited Cynder and Adult Spyro - Reignited Adult Cynder. smilie

She looks really cool, kind of like a mix between a Peace Keepers Dragon and a Magic Crafters dragon.

https://twitter.com/BMBrice_ca...342476104417284

[User Posted Image]
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4890 Posted: 20:17:27 24/11/2018
^Don't like it. She should have a longer, smaller, more feminin body, like her adult-self in ANB ...
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4891 Posted: 20:50:43 24/11/2018
Her adult self in ANB was forcibly grown to make her a warrior, it would never be natural and that's not just because it's crazy thin. Pretty sure Jared Pullen or Ron Marz said that in an interview.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#4892 Posted: 03:47:46 25/11/2018
It was Jared and he said she'd be even thinner if she were able to grow up naturally so...take it with a grain of salt, I guess?

Regardless, I like this Reignited Cynder. Everyone constantly making her super girly annoys me. That's Ember's shtick. Cynder's bigger personality trait is that she was trained to be a commander of armies from the day she was born. Everyone ignores that in favor of just making her look/act like a bad female character stereotype from a 70s cartoon.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4893 Posted: 12:35:07 25/11/2018
And even if she didn't get corrupted by Gaul, the whole ambiguous nature of being a Wind dragon probably would've made her more aerodynamic and maybe lanky, but not necessarily thin. No Elders that specifically have a wind theme to use as a reference, I think?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
First | Previous | Page 98 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me