darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 97 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4801 Posted: 21:11:11 16/11/2018
Completed Spyro 1 (sans trophies, I'll go back for those) and started Spyro 2 and I'm already breaking it in two.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...9200700425?s=19
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4802 Posted: 22:04:23 16/11/2018
Alright, so tip for people trying to get the record in Lost Fleet

Don't use the "quit race" option in the menu if you **** up. It will steadily cause the game to lag, presumably because it doesn't reload everything correctly when you use it, which basically makes it impossible to complete.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4803 Posted: 22:10:41 16/11/2018
More jank. The missiles in Spyro 2 are so fun to mess with.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...6824129536?s=19
---
3godzilla3 Green Sparx Gems: 185
#4804 Posted: 23:51:01 16/11/2018
So in regards to the alternate tracks for the levels, I will not be uploading them, and for two reasons.

1. If I really do have to wait a while just to hear them, they'll take forever to upload since I'm not even entirely sure how they show up to begin with.

2. The soundtrack itself...I mean, guys. It's a BIG soundtrack. Four different variations of EVERY SINGLE STAGE THEME? I have my work cut out for me as it is. smilie The first game itself has over 140 tracks with all the dynamic variations. 35 levels times 4 variations equals a lot of work to do. I also work, so it's not like I have everyday to do these.

But aside from all of that, the soundtrack WILL be uploaded on a regular basis (so far all of Artisans and Peace Keepers is uploaded. 45 tracks by the way). That being said, I prefer the term "quality over quantity" and want to give you guys every track in a good length and in each variation. Please look forward to them! (:
---
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#4805 Posted: 01:27:01 17/11/2018
I'm only just noticing this now, but there are occasions in Spyro 2 where Spyro drops instead of hovers when I press Triangle.
#4806 Posted: 01:37:28 17/11/2018
I'm not even playing the game at this point, I'm just breaking it lol.

I am having a lot of fun though.

Also can we appreciate how adorable the Glimmer Gemcutters are? I'd love a plushie of them.

[User Posted Image]
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#4807 Posted: 07:26:29 17/11/2018
Got the platinum and skill points for all of three games! smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#4808 Posted: 07:39:47 17/11/2018
Ahh, I wasn’t referring to the alternate tracks from the original score. That may have been a little unclear xD; In the new soundtrack there’s new “alt tracks” that are basically even more remixed versions of each level track that begin playing if you’re in the level for a bit. I found that they start kicking in once the regular version plays once. It’s really cool and I recommend staying in levels long enough to hear them! (Which shouldn’t be too long)

I get if it’s hard to upload those though, cause it’d be a lot of waiting across every level. Ah well, thank you for uploading the rest of the music anyway! : )
#4809 Posted: 01:47:41 18/11/2018
There are some people who say they would actually prefer playing Enter the Dragonfly over the Reignited Trilogy. I can't imagine why.
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4810 Posted: 01:51:59 18/11/2018
Quote: Hardback247
There are some people who say they would actually prefer playing Enter the Dragonfly over the Reignited Trilogy. I can't imagine why.

Anyone who says that actually needs to go replay Enter the Dragonfly. I thought it was bad before 100%ing it but replaying it to completion was far worse than I even remembered. Reignited is definitely glitchy and rough around the edges, but it's nowhere near as bad as EtD (or even Dawn of the Dragon, ngl).
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#4811 Posted: 01:57:30 18/11/2018
Hey, has anyone here watched this video?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:57:45 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
#4812 Posted: 02:26:11 18/11/2018
Quote: Clank

Anyone who says that actually needs to go replay Enter the Dragonfly. I thought it was bad before 100%ing it but replaying it to completion was far worse than I even remembered. Reignited is definitely glitchy and rough around the edges, but it's nowhere near as bad as EtD (or even Dawn of the Dragon, ngl).

Gonna hard disagree on Dawn of the Dragon being more jank than Reignited.

DotD is jank and some mechanics could be a bit tighter, but most jank is only there if you look for it. There are no real glitches that are noticed in casual play and most glitches pretty much just benefit people who like to speedrun it like myself. It's a really good speed game because of it.

Spyro 1 Reignited is fine, but so far, Spyro 2 has not only been even more easily broken than DotD from a speedrun standpoint, but I've experienced quite a few frustrating bugs in casual play, such as this one I just experienced when doing the Earthshaper mission with Hunter - I smashed the Earthshapers but for some reason only their model got destroyed and their A.I still worked. This caused Hunter to stop shooting the arrows at the remaining ones too, and the "dead" Earthshapers could still hit me. This prevented me from completing the mission and I had to kill myself to fix it.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...977480225210368

I haven't got to Spyro 3 yet, but everything I've heard suggests it flat out wasn't finished and shouldn't have been shipped in it's current state. I feel Spyro 2 is on the verge of that too. NitroRad, a very well known YouTuber, also mentioned in his stream of the game that he experienced a game crash that corrupted his entire save data, and only recovered it thanks to PS Plus cloud saving.

DotD is definitely a bit of a rushed game but it was mostly story and characterisation that suffered from that. The game does not have any serious bugs though. Reignited Spyro 2 and 3 is full of weird bugs that cause resets and in general will frustrate a casual player.

In fact, while Enter the Dragonfly is broken, I would argue Reignited's bugs are more serious. Crashing and corrupting save data is like the height of bug severity. EtD doesn't have that. Reignited does. I also don't recall any bugs in EtD that caused me to have kill myself to fix enemy A.I and the like. EtD is a bad game but it's actually not the buggiest game in the world. It isn't the height of polish, but it's not the bugs that gave it a reputation. The game just isn't well designed and is pretty boring.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 02:38:19 18/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4813 Posted: 02:53:13 18/11/2018
I get that Enter the Dragonfly has redeeming qualities (at least in terms of intentions), but to say someone would prefer playing that instead of Reignited seems a bold statement to say the least.

I recently 100% it, not sure if it were the first time or not, and it was probably the most unpleasant experience I had with a Spyro game; far worse than Dawn of the Dragon, which I simply didn’t appreciate in terms of idea.
Constant delay in controls, poor framerste, very long loading times, visual and gameplay glitches (and crashes) everywhere, questionable level design choices and overall unpolished under all aspects: this is all talking from a pure gameplay point of view, so not talking about how uninspired and rushed the game feels at times.

I only have Dream Weavers and Gnorc Gnexus left for the first game and even though I’ve encountered unpolished aspects here and there they were all very minor and didn’t impact the game directly in any way: kinda inclined to believe people are exaggerating when talking about the second game, even though the third could have actually been rushed.

Long story short: no problem if you prefer Enter the Dragonfly over Reignited for whatever reason, but from a technical point of view I’m fairly confident that where the latter is bad the former is ten times worse.
I generally get a sense of criticizing the remake because it’s new, so Enter the Dragonfly gets revalued because “remember the good old times?”.
Except they were never good to begin with.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:40 18/11/2018 by Drek95
#4814 Posted: 03:49:35 18/11/2018
Literally minutes after my last post lmao.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...993801767821312

Quote: Drek95
I get that Enter the Dragonfly has redeeming qualities (at least in terms of intentions), but to say someone would prefer playing that instead of Reignited seems a bold statement to say the least.

I recently 100% it, not sure if it were the first time or not, and it was probably the most unpleasant experience I had with a Spyro game; far worse than Dawn of the Dragon, which I simply didn’t appreciate in terms of idea.
Constant delay in controls, poor framerste, very long loading times, visual and gameplay glitches (and crashes) everywhere, questionable level design choices and overall unpolished under all aspects: this is all talking from a pure gameplay point of view, so not talking about how uninspired and rushed the game feels at times.

I only have Dream Weavers and Gnorc Gnexus left for the first game and even though I’ve encountered unpolished aspects here and there they were all very minor and didn’t impact the game directly in any way: kinda inclined to believe people are exaggerating when talking about the second game, even though the third could have actually been rushed.

Long story short: no problem if you prefer Enter the Dragonfly over Reignited for whatever reason, but from a technical point of view I’m fairly confident that where the latter is bad the former is ten times worse.
I generally get a sense of criticizing the remake because it’s new, so Enter the Dragonfly gets revalued because “remember the good old times?”.

Nobody is exaggerating about Spyro 2, it very clearly wasn't finished either, but it does seem better off than Spyro 3. I haven't even finished the game yet and I've basically been spamming my Twitter with umpteen bugs since yesterday.

I honestly don't see a point in damage controlling or pretending people are exaggerating about bugs. This isn't like stuff like "I disagree with a lot of the character designs" or "I don't like how they changed and censored some things". Those are subjective, and are not likely to be changed.

But if people are experiencing bugs, they are right to be loud about them. Because that's how they get fixed in a patch. Staying quiet and trying to defend the games and accusing people of exaggerating is saying you are OK with it and would rather these harmful bugs stay in the game than see them get fixed.

As of right now, Spyro 1 is the only game in the Reignited Trilogy that I can confidently recommend to someone over the original game. I think it's objectively better in almost every conceivable way from the updated dragon designs to the much more smooth controls and right stick camera. Literally the only reason to check out the original version is for the purpose of a history lesson and any gripes I have are minor (such as the changes to Twilight Harbour - I definitely don't like them but they don't ruin the entire game by any stretch).

Now, to be fair - Spyro 2 Reignited was NEVER gonna replace the original, purely because the original Spyro 2 is one of the most beloved speed games of all time, up there with Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT. We knew they wouldn't keep the same, simple double jump exploit and flopping in Reignited. However, while it does have it's own speedrun friendly bugs that could have made it an equally valid albeit entirely different speed game to the original Spyro 2, Spyro 2 Reignited still has enough more harmful bugs to prevent me from 100% recommending it over the original which is overall the more polished game for a casual player. In addition, I disagree with a lot more character design and writing wise in Spyro 2, to the point where I do not think it's even a comparable experience to the original - it is legitimately too different, in ways I would say detract from the experience, to call it a replacement.

I won't speak much on Spyro 3 Reignited since I haven't played it yet but if people are being so especially vocal about the unfinished nature of that one, I'd be inclined to take their word on it and like with Spyro 2, I see no reason to defend game breaking glitches that harm the experience, since we could get them patched if we are loud.
---
#4815 Posted: 04:02:09 18/11/2018
In all fairness I think my post is worded a little poorly. I meant that to me EtD is more glitchy, Dawn of the Dragon is rougher around the edges. Reignited has issues I cannot excuse (and many of which I experienced myself or saw secondhand via friends who had to restart their files), but at least the gameplay ITSELF is fine to me and its faults - including glitches - don't impede my personal enjoyment in comparison. I could definitely say much more than this but at the risk of going severely off-topic, so take it as you will.

I just think it's a little silly to say that Reignited is worse than the single most controversial OG Spyro game.

Also, I haven't seen anyone post about this, but there's actually some OG-style plushies being made of characters from the trilogy. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?SearchText=Spyro
---
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#4816 Posted: 04:08:00 18/11/2018
I'm currently playing Spyro 3 and it really is just obviously unfinished. That's not to say it isn't visually stunning and fun to explore but I consistently encounter small bugs or animations that seem incomplete.
That being said from what I've seen there are more things that are incomplete than bugs that get in the way of me enjoying the game. Above feeling frustrated I just feel bad for all of those who put so much love and effort into making these games because they were clearly rushed even with the delay. I have no doubt a lot of these issues will eventually be fixed and to anyone who has yet to reach the third game I just want to recommend going into it expecting to see stuff that isn't fully polished yet. Although I can't deny it's disappointing I can't really be mad about it because I'm sure the team has been doing their best and is looking into fixing these problems.
#4817 Posted: 04:10:52 18/11/2018
Quote: C1nder
I'm currently playing Spyro 3 and it really is just obviously unfinished. That's not to say it isn't visually stunning and fun to explore but I consistently encounter small bugs or animations that seem incomplete.
That being said from what I've seen there are more things that are incomplete than bugs that get in the way of me enjoying the game. Above feeling frustrated I just feel bad for all of those who put so much love and effort into making these games because they were clearly rushed even with the delay. I have no doubt a lot of these issues will eventually be fixed and to anyone who has yet to reach the third game I just want to recommend going into it expecting to see stuff that isn't fully polished yet. Although I can't deny it's disappointing I can't really be mad about it because I'm sure the team has been doing their best and is looking into fixing these problems.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not mad at the devs, and I feel most of what they have done is praiseworthy.

Activision is still the publisher. We all know how they are. They're the ones I would be mad at.

However, it is going to be the devs who are inevitably going to end up patching the bugs, so at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to hear our complaints the most.
---
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#4818 Posted: 04:22:41 18/11/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: C1nder

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not mad at the devs, and I feel most of what they have done is praiseworthy.

Activision is still the publisher. We all know how they are. They're the ones I would be mad at.

However, it is going to be the devs who are inevitably going to end up patching the bugs, so at the end of the day, they are the ones who need to hear our complaints the most.

Don't worry, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I agree 100%. Activision had given the devs an unrealistic period to finish the game to begin with and the delay was nowhere near enough time to iron out all the bugs.
Although I haven't really been seeking out complaints I have no doubt people are being very vocal about all the issues they've had to play around so that at least gives me hope the devs have very specific problems they can look into fixing (if they didn't already know about most of them).
#4819 Posted: 06:14:30 18/11/2018
Nicholas Kole, designer of many of the dragons in Reignited, designed an adult Spyro/Sparx. https://twitter.com/FromHappyR...036618758057985

[User Posted Image]
---
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#4820 Posted: 06:23:04 18/11/2018
Well, now that the PS4 is on sale this week for Black Friday, I am in the most uncomfortable of situations...

Me: I CAN'T PLAY SPYRO REIGNITED TRILOGY!!!
Black Friday Ads: PS4 console $199.99 with free copy of Spider-Man
Me: Then again, maybe I will.
My Parents: If you get it, you won't get much of anything else for Christmas.
Me: ...fudge.

So I have a choice, sacrifice most of my Christmas to play Spyro... or wait. (Which will probably kill me in the process)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:27:21 18/11/2018 by SuperCharger95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4821 Posted: 11:12:13 18/11/2018
The whole TLOS trilogy has less bugs and glitches than Reignited.
But still I like Reignited a lot more than the original 3 games.
Lot of big AAA games are more glitchy as Reignited ever could be.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#4822 Posted: 11:39:02 18/11/2018
Nicholas Kole, designer of many of the dragons in Reignited, designed an adult Spyro/Sparx. https://twitter.com/FromHappyR...036618758057985

[User Posted Image]

Now I really want a game where Spyro time travels and meets his future self.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#4823 Posted: 11:44:00 18/11/2018
honestly i didn't actually get that many bugs out of spyro 2 stuff, definitely noticed some weirdness in spyro 3 but like

it was still completely playable. i dunno how people keep running into game breaking bugs like that crash, guess i'm just lucky
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4824 Posted: 11:47:59 18/11/2018

[User Posted Image]

Oh man, that's awesome, and such a great choice for Spyro too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4825 Posted: 13:58:10 18/11/2018
Quote: Bionichute
honestly i didn't actually get that many bugs out of spyro 2 stuff, definitely noticed some weirdness in spyro 3 but like

it was still completely playable. i dunno how people keep running into game breaking bugs like that crash, guess i'm just lucky

same here.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4826 Posted: 14:15:04 18/11/2018
Literally minutes after my last post lmao.

https://twitter.com/sonicbrawl...993801767821312

Quote: Drek95

Nobody is exaggerating about Spyro 2, it very clearly wasn't finished either, but it does seem better off than Spyro 3. I haven't even finished the game yet and I've basically been spamming my Twitter with umpteen bugs since yesterday.

I honestly don't see a point in damage controlling or pretending people are exaggerating about bugs. This isn't like stuff like "I disagree with a lot of the character designs" or "I don't like how they changed and censored some things". Those are subjective, and are not likely to be changed.

But if people are experiencing bugs, they are right to be loud about them. Because that's how they get fixed in a patch. Staying quiet and trying to defend the games and accusing people of exaggerating is saying you are OK with it and would rather these harmful bugs stay in the game than see them get fixed.

As of right now, Spyro 1 is the only game in the Reignited Trilogy that I can confidently recommend to someone over the original game. I think it's objectively better in almost every conceivable way from the updated dragon designs to the much more smooth controls and right stick camera. Literally the only reason to check out the original version is for the purpose of a history lesson and any gripes I have are minor (such as the changes to Twilight Harbour - I definitely don't like them but they don't ruin the entire game by any stretch).

Now, to be fair - Spyro 2 Reignited was NEVER gonna replace the original, purely because the original Spyro 2 is one of the most beloved speed games of all time, up there with Super Mario 64 and Zelda OoT. We knew they wouldn't keep the same, simple double jump exploit and flopping in Reignited. However, while it does have it's own speedrun friendly bugs that could have made it an equally valid albeit entirely different speed game to the original Spyro 2, Spyro 2 Reignited still has enough more harmful bugs to prevent me from 100% recommending it over the original which is overall the more polished game for a casual player. In addition, I disagree with a lot more character design and writing wise in Spyro 2, to the point where I do not think it's even a comparable experience to the original - it is legitimately too different, in ways I would say detract from the experience, to call it a replacement.

I won't speak much on Spyro 3 Reignited since I haven't played it yet but if people are being so especially vocal about the unfinished nature of that one, I'd be inclined to take their word on it and like with Spyro 2, I see no reason to defend game breaking glitches that harm the experience, since we could get them patched if we are loud.

No one here is defending anything for the sake of it.
In fact, there are quite a few design choices which I’m not that fond of in the first game, but I won’t get into details here because I wouldn’t want to ruin surprises for anyone.

I obviously canno’t speak for the sequels, since I’ve yet to finish Spyro the Dragon, but even with the former I’ve heard quite a lot of complaints which were legitimate and objective but didn’t end up ruining the experience for me: hardly noticed the framerate drops the blur stopped being annoying after mere minutes of playing.
There are objective problems which not everyone may find as bothersome, which of course doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be fixed, just that they may impact the personal experience differently based on how someone plays or other factors.

I’ll be the first to report serious bugs if I’ll encounter any, just saying that as of now I’m taking the general complaints with a grain of salt for various reasons.
Sure hope TfB will listen and fix them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:09 18/11/2018 by Drek95
#4827 Posted: 14:33:56 18/11/2018
I really dig the idea of Spyro being an adventurer as an adult, neckerchief and all.
---
#4828 Posted: 15:54:09 18/11/2018
I just got out of a second portal in Sunrise Spring, and then the cutscene with Bianca interacting with Spyro and Hunter started playing. Not only could I still heard the sound of the portal in the background, but when the cutscene ended, he was back in front of the portal again, even though the scene ended in a different location. Is continuity too much to ask?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:56:41 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
#4829 Posted: 16:06:58 18/11/2018
Quote: Muffin Man
Now I really want a game where Spyro time travels and meets his future self.

Hey, maybe when the inevitable Crash and Spyro crossover ever happens we'll be able to see some time shenanigans!

I just got out of a second portal in Sunrise Spring, and then the cutscene with Bianca interacting with Spyro and Hunter started playing. Not only could I still heard the sound of the portal in the background, but when the cutscene ended, he was back in front of the portal again, even though the scene ended in a different location. Is continuity too much to ask?

To be fair, Spyro also ended up wherever you last exited a portal in the original too. I feel like it would be annoying if you were teleported to a different location out of the blue.

Sound effects persisting through cutscenes though is kind of an annoying bug. I've even heard of situations where the game will still be playable during cutscenes, specifically the ones after boss fights... so you'll still be getting killed by the boss while in the middle of a cutscene. I hope that's all fixed.
---
#4830 Posted: 16:17:46 18/11/2018
I noticed another error brought over from the original. The Weather Imp that exited Cloud Spires was named Fluffy, but when you go to see her where the balloon is, her name is Cumulus.
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#4831 Posted: 16:51:34 18/11/2018
Finished all 3 to platinum standard and have to say the issues with 3 are a massive shame to otherwise what is a fantastic set of remakes...

Spyro 2- the biggest issues I found were with the Cowleks... Their physics seem off compared to the original, and 1 for me got kinda halfway through the floor after escorting them from the superflame area.. (also they liked to go halfway through a wall in general) thankfully charging/flaming it freed it.

Honestly zephyr was the level I had the most issues with both in terms of the bugs and with Juliet... Apart from that I didn't notice anything else... The lava lizards felt easier though.

Spyro 3- too many issues that actually put me off getting 117% till it's fixed 2 of the sargent byrd areas, molten crater and enchanted towers the camera kept messing up... Molten crater was almost unplayable due to that and the little alcove in the tiki lodge's main room was extremely hard to get into and the gems kinda got stuck halfway in the wall... I fully expected issues with the cat witches fight thankfully had none.... The reignited trilogy needed at least another month of development time in my opinion but Activision probably wouldn't of allowed it.

At this point all I can give the collection is a 8/10 due to the bugs in 3 and my disc came with a nice greenish black mark underneath the top layer of the disc.... Waiting on game to reply to try and get a replacement as it could be disc rot or something else none of my other PS4 games have that issue. Right now I'm pleased I didn't get the Xbox one copy of the game at launch as well trying to max that straight after doing the PS4 versions with the state spyro 3 is in would of been draining, as the bugs really sour the experience..

By the way does anyone think that whilst playing as Bentley the camera is zoomed waaay to far in? (not looked at other pages in this thread in a few days as focused on playing through what was originally my most anticipated title of the year... Bugs kinda took that away lol smilie
#4832 Posted: 16:52:42 18/11/2018
Not only that, but Stanley the Seal exits the portal, but Snappy is the one by the balloon, and HE is the one who thanks you for saving him from the octopus instead of Stanley.
#4833 Posted: 17:08:10 18/11/2018
Just beat Spyro 2 100% (aside from getting all of the trophies). This game is my favourite amongst the original trilogy, but in Reignited, I am torn between this and Spyro 1. Spyro 1 just felt like a thoroughly enjoyable and polished game in Reignited Trilogy and aside from one or two minor things like the Twilight Harbour changes, the changes they made really benefit the game and the game shines as the "pure adventure" game it really is.

Spyro 2 had a lot more noticeable bugs though and I just feel some of the changes in terms of dialogue, cutscene animation, and voice work really just took me out of it at times. Spyro 2 is very particularly known for its dark and even adult humour at times. It's a bit like the first two Shrek movies, for example. So a lot of the changes take that away and homogenise the experience. I still had a lot of fun though and Spyro himself does feel overall better to control. And while I know it wasn't intentional, I had a lot of fun breaking the game with the new charge and hover mechanics. The ideal for me would be that they leave the speedrun glitches alone but just fix stuff that breaks a casual playthrough, like that weird glitch I experienced with the Earthshapers. I know they can't change stuff like the dialogue and what not though so for that reason it doesn't replace the original for me, unlike Spyro 1.

I'm planning on making a big video review after I platinum all three games so that's as detailed as I'll get for now.

Now onto Spyro 3...wish me luck...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:09:40 18/11/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#4834 Posted: 17:19:33 18/11/2018
Quote: FrozenLionheart
the camera kept messing up...

Sgt. Byrd's camera is janky by doorways, but setting the camera to active or holding L2 usually fixes it.
---
#4835 Posted: 17:35:30 18/11/2018
A document listing the bugs:

https://docs.google.com/docume...toIuykvMXw/edit
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:00 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#4836 Posted: 17:37:08 18/11/2018
the camera kept messing up...

Sgt. Byrd's camera is janky by doorways, but setting the camera to active or holding L2 usually fixes it.

Enchanted towers in that case shouldn't of had issues.... Molten crater with that alcove and where you have that 2 way entrance room with the tiki head at the back on a small platform with a fire breathing ornament above it I had serious camera issues there too... No door by that, but good to know that its by doorways in general where the most issues are with him. Just a shame spyro 3 is in the worst state out of the 3 at this point but apart from that I'm pleased with how the games look around play, just wish it had released with just a few graphical bugs compared to some of the issues people have found so far.
#4837 Posted: 18:11:43 18/11/2018

Can you link me to where this was originally posted? I have some stuff I could send to the creator to add to it.
---
#4838 Posted: 18:21:17 18/11/2018

Can you link me to where this was originally posted? I have some stuff I could send to the creator to add to it.

A user named Empoyvle posted it on the Bugs & Glitches Reddit page:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Empovyle

https://www.reddit.com/r/Spyro..._report_thread/
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:26:11 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
#4839 Posted: 19:24:05 18/11/2018

All of these are valid but I'm 100% sure that the Spyro flying too high animation in level of 1 is intentional. I've noticed that it only occurs in levels that have high mountains/buildings like Ice Cavern and Wild Flight. Pretty sure it's there so that the level can load in without us seeing it randomly appear, since the levels that do it all just randomly poof in in the original.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4840 Posted: 19:46:37 18/11/2018
Someone actually thinks Spyro soaring high into the sky is a glitch? That's clearly intentional.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4841 Posted: 19:56:26 18/11/2018
You can all do some of your own editing to the document, you know.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:09 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
#4842 Posted: 20:04:52 18/11/2018
Spyro 3- too many issues that actually put me off getting 117% till it's fixed 2 of the sargent byrd areas, molten crater and enchanted towers the camera kept messing up... Molten crater was almost unplayable due to that and the little alcove in the tiki lodge's main room was extremely hard to get into and the gems kinda got stuck halfway in the wall... I fully expected issues with the cat witches fight thankfully had none.... The reignited trilogy needed at least another month of development time in my opinion but Activision probably wouldn't of allowed it.

I got this same glitch, but it was actually super easy to fix, you just have to die. After you respawn, the camera should behave like normal. It's weird and I'm not saying it's not an issue, but it is easy to get around.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Veggie Power Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#4843 Posted: 20:11:52 18/11/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
"It's different from the original, so it must be a glitch" is what I'm getting from some of these, though obviously plenty more are legitimate glitches. Good list regardless, though.

Hi, author of that document here, just wanted to clarify that I know the original fly-in isn't a glitch, however the awkwardness of the super long fly-ins raised some eyebrows for me so I stuck it on that list. Same thing with a lot of other points on that list, like the Cloud Temples "Sheeples" trophy issue and Fracture Hills 3 lap skillpoint. I would love if anyone could add in some feedback as I am trying/will try to have the document forwarded to Toys for Bob if they're interested.
---
smilie
#4844 Posted: 20:13:23 18/11/2018
Quote: Veggie Power
Quote: Sesshomaru75
"It's different from the original, so it must be a glitch" is what I'm getting from some of these, though obviously plenty more are legitimate glitches. Good list regardless, though.

Hi, author of that document here, just wanted to clarify that I know the original fly-in isn't a glitch, however the awkwardness of the super long fly-ins raised some eyebrows for me so I stuck it on that list. Same thing with a lot of other points on that list, like the Cloud Temples "Sheeples" trophy issue and Fracture Hills 3 lap skillpoint. I would love if anyone could add in some feedback as I am trying/will try to have the document forwarded to Toys for Bob if they're interested.

I emailed the doc to Toys For Bob's Paul Yan.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:19:40 18/11/2018 by Hardback247
First | Previous | Page 97 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 95 96 97 98 99 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me