darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 9 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#401 Posted: 14:45:50 20/02/2018
It is, but it's still a bit dated; his back scales, tail end and eyebrows especially. I KNOW people would hate anything harking back to Skyro, but I think if they made Classic Spyro's back scales pop out like his arms and tighs', it'd work very nicely.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#402 Posted: 14:53:48 20/02/2018
I’d also take some inspirations from his A Hero’s Tail model:

[User Posted Image]

Despite his expression (which could be a bit more aggressive, if you ask me) and slightly different color I still feel like it’s a great modern take on his classic look.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:56:27 20/02/2018 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#403 Posted: 15:02:08 20/02/2018
His Hero's Tail model is perfect, IMO. They should just use that design.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#404 Posted: 15:12:46 20/02/2018
I used to think the same as well for Crash Twinsanity’s model, but after looking at the one V.V. came up with for the N. Sane Trilogy I completely changed my mind.

I think they should start from that and then try to stay as close as possible to the PS1 ones, otherwise people may feel like they are playing the right games with the wrong model.
There are ways to improve it, I’m sure.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#405 Posted: 15:18:05 20/02/2018
The only thing I like about his AHT design is his wings.

[User Posted Image]
^ I wouldn't mind if they took a little inspiration from the FaithSDK model a bit. It's not perfect, like the horns aren't exactly right, but I love the mohawk and eyes imo.

[User Posted Image]
I personally think it's best of they used his First4Figures model
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Drek95
I used to think the same as well for Crash Twinsanity’s model, but after looking at the one V.V. came up with for the N. Sane Trilogy I completely changed my mind.

I think they should start from that and then try to stay as close as possible to the PS1 ones, otherwise people may feel like they are playing the right games with the wrong model.
There are ways to improve it, I’m sure.

This. V.V practically nailed remaking Crash' s Model, and kept it exceptionally faithful, as well a refreshingly new. I'd like to see the same for Spyro.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:30:16 21/02/2018 by Bryman04
#406 Posted: 15:22:43 20/02/2018
I'm sorry but his FaithSDK model looks so bad, imo. Looks like something from a direct to Red Box animated movie starring Rob Schnider.

Rob Schnider is The Happy Dragon.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#407 Posted: 15:28:44 20/02/2018
FaithSDK's weird chest scales are far too distracting.

AHT model's not BAD, but I'd seriously make the horns and the crest shorter. It doesn't show in that angle, but they're huge compared to his head. I'd also make him a little thinner and the head a bit smaller.
---
#408 Posted: 15:37:48 20/02/2018
eh, I was mostly saying I like this most about the model.

[User Posted Image]

But I certainly hands down would take the F4F Spyro instead if that was a choice. I hate to hear y'all not enjoying the FaithSDK model, but I'm not going to go on about it, papinions and tastes vary with people.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:38:11 20/02/2018 by Bryman04
#409 Posted: 16:23:59 20/02/2018
I agree on making his A Hero’s Tail head smaller, makes him look more like a newborn rather than a teenager but... WOW, I didn’t remember his First 4 Figures’ statue looked so good.
That’s definitely the closest thing to the design I’d like to see.

Maybe it could even be considered a hint, since their Crash figure(s) use teh N. Sane Trilogy design if I’m not mistaken.
Sort of like a reversed situation, where we get to know his look here befor seeing him in action.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:23:19 20/02/2018 by Drek95
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#410 Posted: 16:32:53 20/02/2018
The ff model is bang on aside from the wings. Go with the wings from the Spyro 1 concept art or FaithSDK's model. Also maybe make the colors a bit brighter, especially the horns and crest. But maybe not, the model is pretty good.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#411 Posted: 16:55:40 20/02/2018
Will F4F be making a PVC figure of Spyro when the remake comes out like they did with Crash? I can't remember if that's been confirmed or not.
#412 Posted: 17:22:52 20/02/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
The ff model is bang on aside from the wings. Go with the wings from the Spyro 1 concept art or FaithSDK's model. Also maybe make the colors a bit brighter, especially the horns and crest. But maybe not, the model is pretty good.

Yep, the wings are most likely the weakest part, even though I personally think it’s because they simply don’t translate well on a figure.
Still think the A Hero’s Tail ones would work better than the ones used by FaithSDK.

Speaking of colors, I’m actually quite thorn on how they should approach levels atmospheres’ and looks.
On one hand I’d love to see realistic lighting, dynamic clouds, distange fog and other similar effects, and I really think they could compliment some levels such as Mystic Marsh or Dark Passage.

On the other, though, I feel like they might take away a big part of the trilogy’s charm.
I wouldn’t want night levels to look too dark (thinking about the amazing visuals of Crystal Islands) at the cost of dulling certain colors both on Spyro and his surroundings.
Same goes for an excess of brightness, which would potentially ruin desert levels like Dry Canyon or Scorch.

Guess they’ll still go for as much realism as possible, if the N. Sane Trilogy has thought us anything, and it’s probably just me wanting to re-live the exact same experience.
Which I’m not even sure is what I truly desire.

Quote: alicecarp
Will F4F be making a PVC figure of Spyro when the remake comes out like they did with Crash? I can't remember if that's been confirmed or not.

I believe they’ve only talked about the big statue so far, but I guess it would’t be too far-fetched to assume so, once the game is announced.
Plus, Numskull is supposed to announce their Spyro-related merchandise between March and April, and First 4 Figures could decide to do so as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:09 20/02/2018 by Drek95
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#413 Posted: 19:24:14 20/02/2018
I think the classic Design would looks very weird in modern HD graphics. It works for the limited PS1 power but look at Enter the Dragonfly, they used the PS1 Spyro and he looks very weird in PS2 graphics. I can't imagine how weird he would looked in PS4 graphics.
I think his AHT incarnation is the best choice for an modern classic Spyro design. He looks the best in AHT.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:14 20/02/2018 by XSparxX
#414 Posted: 19:28:28 20/02/2018
in terms of the levels and atmosphere, I would really hope they don't go for hyperrealism, bloom, brightness, sun rays, and grass blades everywhere. Yooka-Laylee may have many faults, but it did one thing very damn well and that's the visuals and artstyle. Yooka-Laylee embodies the artstyle of 90s RareWare in the modern era and does it well. I would hope the same could be said for a Spyro Remaster, because the original trilogy of Spyro has a very clear artstyle and atmosphere and I'd like for a Spyro Remaster to look like Yooka-Laylee visually

Quote: XSparxX
I think the classic Design would looks very weird in modern HD graphics. It works for the limited PS1 power but look at Enter the Dragonfly, they used the PS1 Spyro and he looks very weird in PS2 graphics. I can't imagine how weird he would looked in PS4 graphics.
I think his AHT incarnation is the best choice for an modern classic Spyro design. He looks the best in AHT.

I disagree. I think EtD Spyro looked pretty alright, it just needed some tweaks and the reason it looks awful to people is due to the terrible animations.

A Hero's Tail on the other hand strays to far from the original trilogy's artstyle both artistically and environmentally, models included and leave me feeling the wrong way

just don't use the AHT model in the Remaster and come up with an entirely new one that is just as faithful to the classics
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:34:29 20/02/2018 by Bryman04
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#415 Posted: 19:39:10 20/02/2018
I wonder who will voice him. Will they get Tom Kenny to do all three games? It'd be his first time voicing the first game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#416 Posted: 19:50:10 20/02/2018
I would like to echo one thing that drawdler said earlier?

If the same team is going to be working on the Spyro remake as the N. Sane Trilogy, then I am only slightly worried about the visuals that we're going to get. I mean, Crash looked pretty nice, but I honestly was not wow'd by it aesthetically, you know?

I want a Spyro remake to be absolutely beautiful, and I'm not sure (based on what we have seen) that they will meet the standard of where a world like Spyro's would have to be at.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#417 Posted: 19:53:11 20/02/2018
If they go for authenticity and Acti's lawyers don't bicker with VA unions again, most likely Tom Kenny. But I don't mind if that doesn't work and they stick with Matthew Mercer which is his current voice, that guy is a good substitute for any young adult type character.

ETD's model is just a blob with extensions, even the PS1 models actually felt like limbs and joints.
Also, that's not to say AHT's artstyle is the direction it should go, but the model itself can work, just swap the textures and do the adjusments we mentioned.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:53:35 20/02/2018 by Bifrost
#418 Posted: 19:57:09 20/02/2018
ETD's model is great in my opinion. I mean, the original is like 10 polygons slapped together with a texture over it, honestly.

Enter the Dragonfly in generally panned, so I get it, but I think the visuals were pretty decent, especially for the time.

Tom Kenny is a must. They did it for Crash, so I don't see why they wouldn't for Spyro. :-)
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#419 Posted: 20:05:55 20/02/2018
I would like Clancy Brown to return. Even if it's just to shout:

''Keep your horns on Spyro!''

It's the little things...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#420 Posted: 20:37:13 20/02/2018
Quote: InsomDog

Spyro: "Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him"

"Keep your horns on Spyro! You have much to learn first. Do you know what the dragonfly following you is doing?"

Spyro: "Urm?"

"His name is Sparx, and he's helping and protecting you, keep your eye on him, and you'll see what I mean"
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:37:48 20/02/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#421 Posted: 20:58:11 20/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
ETD's model is great in my opinion. I mean, the original is like 10 polygons slapped together with a texture over it, honestly.

Enter the Dragonfly in generally panned, so I get it, but I think the visuals were pretty decent, especially for the time.

Tom Kenny is a must. They did it for Crash, so I don't see why they wouldn't for Spyro. :-)

tbh imo the trilogy had better visuals than ETD which is p sad. His OG model still holds up today imo. In EtD Spyro looks like an unfinished, unpolished and not fully rendered model, his entire model looks like it was just brushed over with blinding purple wet paint and his wings look like a toddler designed them. It looks like a basic grey 3D model without the finishing touches and layers and just quick paint bucket filled in ms paint

feel free to disagree with me tho
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#422 Posted: 21:08:44 20/02/2018
Use the environment/art style from this pic:
https://goo.gl/images/16yvPR

And use the Spyro model from this pic:
https://goo.gl/images/VR2Nn7

This is also phenomenal:

As is this:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:09:27 20/02/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
#423 Posted: 21:12:41 20/02/2018
Nah, that second example ends up being exactly the problem of looking too realistic. A more dreamy, pastel shader does wonders.
---
#424 Posted: 21:31:07 20/02/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: InsomDog

Spyro: "Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him"

"Keep your horns on Spyro! You have much to learn first. Do you know what the dragonfly following you is doing?"

Spyro: "Urm?"

"His name is Sparx, and he's helping and protecting you, keep your eye on him, and you'll see what I mean"

It's a shame it's not possible to just clean up old audio recordings and make them sound all modern and HD.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#425 Posted: 21:31:29 20/02/2018

They didn't for Crash tho. They specifically got all the new people that did voices rather than the original voices. It's like if they were going to make a reboot of 80's style Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the 2003 cast.

I bet that they'll do the same thing and go for the Skylanders VA for Spyro.
#426 Posted: 21:32:38 20/02/2018
I see what you mean in the environment but Spyro's model looks on point.
#427 Posted: 21:34:54 20/02/2018

This is also phenomenal:

As is this:

Imma say no for either of them, and **** Valefor.

I see what you mean in the environment but Spyro's model looks on point.

That model your speaking of is literally just a touched up Enter the Dragonfly model and that is an old video. Valefor is currently using a model he didn't even create and belongs to Zoomer on deviantART where it's an alternate AHT model

https://zoomerart.deviantart.com/gallery/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:53:46 20/02/2018 by Bryman04
#428 Posted: 21:40:55 20/02/2018
Didn't they keep Cortex's VA though?
---
#429 Posted: 21:42:28 20/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Didn't they keep Cortex's VA though?

Clancy Brown was the original Cortex. Lex was a later recast from Twinsanity onward I recall.
#430 Posted: 21:52:06 20/02/2018
Looking on the good side, I don't think they'll use Jess Harnell. He fits Crash, he DEFINATELY didn't fit Spyro. Carlos Alazraqui is still working but it's unlikely they'd get him again since he just did the first game.

I still really hope it's matthew mercer because then I can remind everyone yusuke kitagawa and spyro are voiced by the same person
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:54:27 20/02/2018 by Bifrost
#431 Posted: 22:05:24 20/02/2018
jess harnell, matthew mercer and justin long should not be spyro, it sounds so...wrong

Tom Kenny is the perfect fit and if not I'd say just get an impressionist
---
#432 Posted: 22:29:28 20/02/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd

They didn't for Crash tho. They specifically got all the new people that did voices rather than the original voices. It's like if they were going to make a reboot of 80's style Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the 2003 cast.

I bet that they'll do the same thing and go for the Skylanders VA for Spyro.

No, that's what I was saying in my earlier post. For crash, they got the most "well known" longest running voice cast. I think everyone was the same. I know Crash, Coco, and Cortex were. For Spyro, that was the Tom Kenny and friends era, no doubt. I imagine they'll have them reprise those roles based on the fact that when People think Spyro VA, Tom Kenny immediately pops to mind.

Well, if they want to cash in on the nostalgia.
---
#433 Posted: 22:30:29 20/02/2018
Meh, idk. I feel that Tom Kenny as Spyro would be too distracting for me, IMO. I like the new Spyro voices just fine and think they have as much a right to voice him as they please.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#434 Posted: 23:11:06 20/02/2018
Speaking of Spyro's model, one thing I find myself hoping they'll do is let him have some teeth again.

Spyro 1 had tooth polygons, and those were fine.

Then Spyro 2 & 3 had his teeth baked into his mouth texture, and that looked okay with the low poly model, and was a reasonable way to go with the times graphics and the need to save polygons.

But then they upped the polycount to EtD and AHT levels, and removed all his teeth , and honestly it looks really weird to me.

I was happy when TLoS gave him teeth again... And then once again went back to weird with Skylanders letting him keep teeth, but only four of them.

Please just let this poor dragon have some chompers again, I'm sure the graphics can handle it now dgjshagdjsagdhj
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#435 Posted: 23:26:02 20/02/2018
I think they were trying to avoid Sonic Adventure syndrome, but yeah now we're at a graphical level that he could at least have a slight white line for the rest of his teeth.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:24 20/02/2018 by Bifrost
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#436 Posted: 00:14:07 21/02/2018
Considering EtD's constantly moving around animations... I don't think they succeeded in avoiding Sonic Adventure syndrome, teeth or no teeth I'D

Another question that suddenly comes to mind: How do you think they're gonna handle the visual look of Sparx's extra hit point upgrade?

In the original, they added a graphic of a star to make Sparx's glow brighter, but that probably wouldn't transition well with today's graphics. (And even back then, there were people complaining that it was hard to tell which hitpoint Sparx was on, due to him staying the same color)

Kinda makes me wonder if they'll possibly go the AHT rout and give Sparx a new color...

...I mean, teeeechnicly, Red Sparx DID exist in the first game:

[User Posted Image]

Only in the Japanese version, but it was there.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#437 Posted: 00:58:58 21/02/2018
I was never confused by the extra glow. It would transition well too, just make him brighter with a star and maybe a sparkle dust effect. Ooh, what about white? He starts with a bright white glow then goes gold and down the typical color changes. But if not that, red works too.
#438 Posted: 00:59:59 21/02/2018

This is also phenomenal:

As is this:

These videos represents exactly my hopes and fears for the remakes.

As I’ve already said somewhere else (perhaps in this topic), the first one is the closest depiction I’ve seen to my personal idea of the project: bright colors, realistic but not exaggerated lighting, cool details which weren’t possible with the PS1 powers (such as the blade of grass) and a high ven if not professional level of faithfulness to the original material.
Even Spyro’s model looks fantastic, animations aside.

Would prefer less random objects placed just to fill up the area and would change some other details, like the water which I think should look a bit more realistic, but it’s still an amazing execution.

The second one, instead, focuses too much on the “WOAH” effect by using outstanding graphics, dynamic and hyper-realistic lightning and VFX but fails to capture the feeling of the level entirely.
It’s just a “bland” way to see the technical advancements we’ve reached since 1998, but V.V. surely shown that it doesn’t ncessarily mean going The Witcher 3 on any colorful old platform game.

I’m confident the developers won’t go crazy with graphics like that, though, the N. Sane Trilogy provides a good example on how they should handle Spyro to me, at least from that point of view.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:45 21/02/2018 by Drek95
#439 Posted: 02:06:37 21/02/2018
sheeeeeesh, I sure hope we don't get N. Sane Trilogy visuals. I didn't like it, really I would vote realism, honestly, to an extent. Spyro is placed in a fantasy world. Fantasy worlds like Tolkien and the medieval kind of worlds. I feel that making it "realistic," but keeping the idea of the fact this is a fantasy is more key to making something that Spyro is deserving of.

idk, I always wondered what it would be like to walk around in Spyro's world. What it would look and feel like.
---
#440 Posted: 02:12:49 21/02/2018
I don't want realistic, but, if it's considered different, maybe something like how Skylanders is on PS4 or something.
---
#441 Posted: 02:21:00 21/02/2018
Well, Crash indeed has a goofier mood to it, but Spyro most definitely wasn’t created with high-fantasy imaginery in mind.
More like fairytales and whimsical child-friendly (at least most of the time) characters and locations.

Doubt it got that look only because of the PS1 limitations, just look at games like Metal Gear Solid or Silent Hill, same console but completely different approach; even MediEvil isn’t comparable, I would be all for a Dark Souls-esque take on it.
Even Ratchet & Clank has an arguably more mature and “realistic” feeling to it, despite still looking cartoony.

The colors, textures, designs, situations and musics all point towards mystical and magical (or tehcnological, some times) worlds to explore and enjoy, not epic battles and sceneries à la Dawn of the Dragon.

Agree with you HeyitsHotDog, as horrible as it may sound for many hardcore Spyro fans, a Skylanders-like look would be a nice compromise.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:23:23 21/02/2018 by Drek95
#442 Posted: 02:27:01 21/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I don't want realistic, but, if it's considered different, maybe something like how Skylanders is on PS4 or something.

i really dont like the art style or graphics on skylanders for ps4

-----

i am partial to the polygons so i dont know what im looking for, i dont care as long as it looks colorful and true to the original art style
---
#443 Posted: 02:27:14 21/02/2018
Or maybe keep the graphics to be faithful, but give us hyper realistic textures.
---
#444 Posted: 02:30:47 21/02/2018
if stewart copeland doesnt come back to remake the songs ill jump off a slightly tall couch
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#445 Posted: 02:37:05 21/02/2018
Why does Spyro need to be realistic? I'm sorry, but when describing the classic trilogy, one of the last words I'd ever use to describe them is realistic. Spyro is about beautiful, vibrant colors, and in the case of some levels (Dark Passage, Misty Bog, Haunted Towers, Jacques, Hurricos, Spooky Swamp, etc) it's atmospheric, dark and brooding without going the realistic route. If I had to describe Spyro in three words, they'd be cartoon-y, whimsical, and magical. Realistic isn't even on that list.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:14 21/02/2018 by JCW555
Buchi Ripto Gems: 445
#446 Posted: 02:38:28 21/02/2018
Some games are better with "worse" graphics imo.
#447 Posted: 02:49:53 21/02/2018
Quote: Drek95

This is also phenomenal:

As is this:

These videos represents exactly my hopes and fears for the remakes.

As I’ve already said somewhere else (perhaps in this topic), the first one is the closest depiction I’ve seen to my personal idea of the project: bright colors, realistic but not exaggerated lighting, cool details which weren’t possible with the PS1 powers (such as the blade of grass) and a high ven if not professional level of faithfulness to the original material.
Even Spyro’s model looks fantastic, animations aside. [<--btw in this outdated build, it's a touched up EtD model]

Would prefer less random objects placed just to fill up the area and would change some other details, like the water which I think should look a bit more realistic, but it’s still an amazing execution.

sheeeeeesh, I sure hope we don't get N. Sane Trilogy visuals. I didn't like it, really I would vote realism, honestly, to an extent. Spyro is placed in a fantasy world. Fantasy worlds like Tolkien and the medieval kind of worlds. I feel that making it "realistic," but keeping the idea of the fact this is a fantasy is more key to making something that Spyro is deserving of.

idk, I always wondered what it would be like to walk around in Spyro's world. What it would look and feel like.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Or maybe keep the graphics to be faithful, but give us hyper realistic textures.

[User Posted Image]

Quote: JCW555
Why does Spyro need to be realistic? I'm sorry, but when describing the classic trilogy, one of the last words I'd ever use to describe them is realistic. Spyro is about beautiful, vibrant colors, and in the case of some levels (Dark Passage, Misty Bog, Haunted Towers, Jacques, Hurricos, Spooky Swamp, etc) it's atmospheric, dark and brooding without going the realistic route. If I had to describe Spyro in three words, they'd be cartoon-y, whimsical, and magical. Realistic isn't even on that list.

^^^^ You've hit how I've felt right on the head, you're exactly right. People, we're taking about a purple dragon!! What about that needs to be hyperrealistic?!?! lmao
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:55:37 21/02/2018 by Bryman04
#448 Posted: 03:18:09 21/02/2018
Lunarz: agreed, we need stewart! >:-(

Well, honestly, I'm not sure how anyone can say realistic is no good, and then point to DotD as a better example, or Skylander's new stuff for that matter.

More or less, that's what I mean. High resolution, and not too cartoony. Like, I don't want it to look cartoony/fantasy like breath of the wild.

Fantasy, magical, beautiful, can all be done in a "realistic" setting. I point to the lord of the rings, one of my favorite fantasy series of all time. :-)

I just want it to look nice, I don't want to hide behind toony shaders, and say, "look, i'm a fantasy game!"

Spyro would look wonderful in a super high res situation.
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me