darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 86 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#4251 Posted: 19:32:07 20/09/2018
I'm in love with how everything there looks. The twist on the dungeon's appearance is interesting and Crush himself looks beautiful!
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4252 Posted: 21:14:18 20/09/2018
Are the bosses getting an introduction cutscene like in A Hero's Tail? :3
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:50 20/09/2018 by XSparxX
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4253 Posted: 21:42:58 20/09/2018
My thoughts on the Crush trailer:

I absolutely love his redesigns, much more than Gulp’s, even though they both look menacing and dumb at the same time.
Really like the new effects for his attacks, fantastic particles and sounds, and the music is great as well.

I do have some personal criticism regarding the arena, though.
I get that TfB probably wanted to make it different from Gulp’s (and possibly Ripto’s) and make it feel more unique, but I think the new sewer-like look made it lose the dangerous aspect (is Spyro just gonna drown in the water, if he touches it?) and also its connection with Summer Forest’s architecture.
It’s a very cool arena... But I think it doesn’t fit there.

Kinda reminds me of Ineptune’s Lair.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4254 Posted: 22:05:13 20/09/2018
I'm definitely getting A Hero's Tail vibes from that clip!

I can't tell if it's a real cutscene or not though. Looks more like cleverly spliced together footage (a la Toasty in the reveal trailer) to me.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#4255 Posted: 22:10:59 20/09/2018
Ineptune's Lair is waaaay different. Looking at Gulp's level in the achievement concept art, they went for a toxic sewer more than an Atlantis-y temple.

Doesn't seem like it's an intro cutscene though, just a well used camera on his idle.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:41:40 20/09/2018 by Bifrost
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4256 Posted: 22:38:37 20/09/2018
Quote: Drek95

I get that TfB probably wanted to make it different from Gulp’s (and possibly Ripto’s) and make it feel more unique, but I think the new sewer-like look made it lose the dangerous aspect (is Spyro just gonna drown in the water, if he touches it?) and also its connection with Summer Forest’s architecture.

Hmmm!

I do agree with you to an extent! I still think the arena does look dangerous because of the toxic sewer water ... but at the same time I completely agree that it feel a little out of place. Why is there a toxic sewer below the castle?
I love the design, but why?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:39:36 20/09/2018 by Bolt
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#4257 Posted: 22:56:25 20/09/2018
Wooooah, wait a second, detail I think I just noticed!

Is that Gulp's broken off tooth stuck in Crush's drumstick club?!
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#4258 Posted: 23:06:56 20/09/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Bolt
Hmmm!

I do agree with you to an extent! I still think the arena does look dangerous because of the toxic sewer water ... but at the same time I completely agree that it feel a little out of place. Why is there a toxic sewer below the castle?

It's almost like it's a dungeon. *le gasp*

****. true. i'm stupid haha
---
I draw stuff.
#4259 Posted: 23:14:47 20/09/2018

Hmmm!

Exactly!

I really love the design (probably will never stress out enough how much both V.V. and TfB rose the quality standard for cartoony games with Skylanders, Crash and Spyro) but it doesn’t feel part of the same structure unlike Gulp’s Overlook.
I guess turning the overall color from green to light blue could help a bit since it would remind the area used to access the castle, but it would also lower the contrast with Crush’s color even more than it already is.

Not to mention that a crystal clear water would feel even less dangerous.

It’s just weird how they changed some already shown areas drastically to match the original designs better and then come up with this.
Again, very cool but out of place.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4260 Posted: 00:19:31 21/09/2018
Hot take

I think the sewer aesthetic causes those floor thingies that Crush steps on to make sense? Because before they were just these circles on the floor he would step on to give him powers, but now it actually appears as though there's something going on underneath the floor to make the electric and fire things happen?? I don't know if I'm making any sense lmao

Also I think aesthetically it looks closer to how Reignited Aquaria Towers is, strangely enough.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4261 Posted: 03:21:00 21/09/2018
Why is there a toxic sewer below the castle?

where else the poop gonna go
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4262 Posted: 03:35:32 21/09/2018
Yeah, bloody hell, it makes a lot more sense to me now after hearing you guys explain it. Boy am I an idiot pfft.

Quote: Bionichute
Why is there a toxic sewer below the castle?

where else the poop gonna go

shut up
---
I draw stuff.
spyrofangreek Emerald Sparx Gems: 3097
#4263 Posted: 05:51:29 21/09/2018
the crush's arena looks like ever better from the classic arena of ps1.
that's will be more double awesome!
#4264 Posted: 07:43:34 21/09/2018
My dude, it's a dungeon.

I don't know if you know this, but dungeons usually don't look as pretty as the outside of the actual castle. It never made sense for it to look the way it did in the original, whereas it makes more sense the way it looks now.

It's only "out of place" because you're acting like it should look the exact same on the inside as it does on the outside, which doesn't make sense. Gulp's Overlook is different because it isn't a dungeon or anything of the sort.

I completely agree, it’s only a matter of personal tastes.

It definitely makes more sense now under a lot of points of view, and as Bolt said they even found a way to justify the platforms by turning them into some kind of sewer grates.
That being said I personally don’t like it because it’s waaaaay too different from the original and doesn’t triggers the nostalgia effect unlike the other levels.

It definitely is’t as much of a “problem” as with Beast Makers, since I most likely won’t spend as much time fighting Crush as I will in that Homeworld, but it’s still something which makes me say “this is absolutely Crush’s Dungeon... But doesn’t feel like it”.
Which is totally fine since many other people probably think the same about other aspects.

All of that being said, I do get that it looks more like a dungeon than it did before but we are talking about some of the most creative and fantastic games around; why limit ourselves to what is obvious? Buzz’s Dungeon doesn’t look like a moldy prison either, does this mean we should expect its amazing aesthetic to be scrapped in favor of a “blander” and more predictable one?
An underground arena surrounded by lava can be a dungeon, if the creators decide so.
Never felt like Spyro aimed at realism to begin with. smilie

By the way, apparently the Dark Hollow dynamic theme and its avatars are becoming available for free around Europe.
So far it has been confirmed for the UK (including Australia and New Zealand), Germany, France and Italy.

The rest of the world will most likely follow as soon as it’s the 21st there as well.
It’s a nice bonus but once again, I was hoping for something meatier which will probably not come at this point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:06:21 21/09/2018 by Drek95
Musical Monk Green Sparx Gems: 224
#4265 Posted: 13:19:44 21/09/2018
In my opinion, not only was Year of the Dragon the best game in the original trilogy but also it is shaping up to become the best one in the remake! Fireworks Factory looks dope and I sincerely hope the new soundtrack for this level is quality wise on par with YotD's

The only thing I can do when it comes to Bianca's deisg is to second all the previous comments - she absolutely looks perfect. Kudos to the game designers for making the Sorceress' new throne room much more detailed and luxuriant than in the original game. It actually feels regal this time around. However, if the plot has remained the same, how is Zoe supposed to see and hear the conversation between the Sorceress and Bianca if there are stained glass windows in the room?
---
WHY YAI YAI YO!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:17:09 21/09/2018 by Musical Monk
#4266 Posted: 14:01:03 21/09/2018
I guess there could be one window opened during the cutscene, or Zoe could open it herself or sneak in by using her magic.

There are plenty of ways to keep the same concept, but I do think that such observation could be helpful for TfB in terms of how much they are allowed to have creative freedom.
As long as the changes don’t mess up with the actual gameplay or in this case with the story, I think they are just a matter of points of view.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#4267 Posted: 14:27:20 21/09/2018
I just want a cutscene fbetween Spyro and The Sorceress since she's the villain of Spyro 3 and also she's the last boss of the classic trilogy...
It seems the ending phase of Spyro 3 was rushed at one point during development (you can enter into the secret level in the Cowboy world with a glitch but they confirmed it was scrapped but still in game, Midnight Mountain secret island with three bottles, etc...)
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#4268 Posted: 16:04:53 21/09/2018
Quote: Buuzer
I just want a cutscene fbetween Spyro and The Sorceress since she's the villain of Spyro 3 and also she's the last boss of the classic trilogy...
It seems the ending phase of Spyro 3 was rushed at one point during development (you can enter into the secret level in the Cowboy world with a glitch but they confirmed it was scrapped but still in game, Midnight Mountain secret island with three bottles, etc...)

I feel like there will be...because YOTD was originally slightly rushed because they wanted to get it out in 2000, prompting the scrap of the Dino Mines minigame, the Midnight Mountain tower and so on, and we obviously know the games have been delayed until mid-November, that gives them a month and a half to sort out whatever they didn't manage to do for the original game back in 2000 (maybe including the Sorceress cutscenes) as well as put all 3 games on the discs. YOTD Reignited is looking sooo much better (in my opinion) than the other two so far, so perhaps they're taking more time on it to perfect it how they wanted it 17 years ago...hopefully smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:05:51 21/09/2018 by Jaggedstar
#4269 Posted: 16:15:35 21/09/2018
Something rather minor, but the EGX footage indeed confirms that the DualShock 4’s light changes according to Sparx’s color.

Yellow: full health
Blue: two hits left
Green: one hit left
Red or orange (hard to tell): no Sparx

All four colors were shown during Idol Springs’ gameplay, so I’d expect them to change the “no Sparx” one to purple or something else since Sparx will aquire yet another color in Year of the Dragon (and possibly for the whole trilogy as well).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4270 Posted: 00:25:46 22/09/2018
https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...290455130001408

Full Hunter and Bianca concept art!

[User Posted Image]
---
#4271 Posted: 01:22:04 22/09/2018
Oh, I love seeing these two together! Their concept art is just great!! :'D
(I just wanted to mention that I love how they finally gave Hunter bloody tear lines. He's a damn cheetah, people!)

Yeah, bloody hell, it makes a lot more sense to me now after hearing you guys explain it. Boy am I an idiot pfft.

Shhh... Someone who makes art as good as you can't be an idiot. <3

And while I do think that the aesthetic makes more sense now, I myself was a bit weirded out by it when I first saw it. Still am, if I'm to be honest. lol

Oh wtf I just noticed this now! Shuuuut uuuupp you're making me blush, thank you. c':
---
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#4272 Posted: 04:48:16 24/09/2018
oh god the artwork reminds me again why i ship those two

like, they look even more adorable together how is that even possible
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:17 24/09/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#4273 Posted: 10:28:42 24/09/2018
They really need to make Bianca and Hunter playable in the next Spyro game.
---
Boop me if you see this.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4274 Posted: 12:31:38 24/09/2018
Yes! Hunter was so fun in A Hero's Tail.
#4275 Posted: 13:58:52 24/09/2018
He was fun when he wasn't dashing during melee and careening off of edges.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#4276 Posted: 14:54:59 24/09/2018
Quote: yelvy
Yes! Hunter was so fun in A Hero's Tail.

Yes! I loved his levels!
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#4277 Posted: 15:52:38 25/09/2018
I found this fan edit of Crush’s trailer and have to admit I prefer it to the official one.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Car...434333795319808

Even though the architecture still misses the Summer Forest’s feel and could definitely use some more white and golden details, I really like the contrast between Crush’s color and the brown and orange tints of the arena.
The bricks and walls don’t need to look as polished and clean as the outside and upper ones (it’s still a dungeon after all) but at least they would match the overall Homeworld’s theme better and stay closer to the original.

EDIT:

Zephyr’s gameplay clip!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...002677552377858

Only saw the thumbnail but I’m glad they changed the sky from green to light blue.
I didn’t like it in the promotional picture we got a few months ago.

Judging by the comments on Twitter it looks like there are some smaller changes, such as the gems and Zoe looking a bit brighter, and apparently the HUD has the third game’s red color in here; could this suggest the ability to tweak it, instead of a permanent change?
Seems like the text boxes changed as well, but I don’t know to which extent.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 18:47:57 26/09/2018 by Drek95
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#4278 Posted: 18:40:57 26/09/2018
i really miss the original npc voice actors tbh i much rather prefer them
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#4279 Posted: 18:45:02 26/09/2018
Zephyr looks incredible, as per usual! I like the trend TfB is taking with giving characters and enemies extra accessories to give them a little extra character, like the Breezebuilder chicks wearing headbands.

And this is definitely a nitpick, but one little detail I can't get behind is just how much knockback some enemies take when Spyro hits them. I know some aren't knocked as far back as others, some don't even take knockback in fact, and that the enemies were knocked back a little bit in the originals, but here it feels like Spyro barely touches them and they get sent flying.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
#4280 Posted: 18:46:53 26/09/2018
Other non-spoiler notes from the new Zephyr footage:

• The textbox has changed
  • The HUD is now red instead of blue.
---
#4281 Posted: 18:49:08 26/09/2018
This is the third HUD color that we've seen in the 2nd game. Blue in most footage, purple in some short Colossus/Glimmer footage, and red in this one. I'd be surprised if we can't customize it.
---
#4282 Posted: 18:55:05 26/09/2018
Quote: Clank
This is the third HUD color that we've seen in the 2nd game. Blue in most footage, purple in some short Colossus/Glimmer footage, and red in this one. I'd be surprised if we can't customize it.

I have to admit I don’t remember the purple HUD (I do remember the purple gem in some Gateway to Glimmer’s footage if that’s what you are referring to), but yeah, I think there’ll definitely be some form of customization.

Some people suggested the HUD dinamically changing according to the level, but I strongly doubt it’s the case based on what we’ve seen so far.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:27 26/09/2018 by Drek95
#4283 Posted: 23:44:27 26/09/2018
Yeah, my money is on either the HUD having a level of customization to it, or TFB just utilizing the feedback some (Me included) have pointed out, with how the Blue2 and Red3 HUD colors seemed kinda odd, with Ripto being red themed, and the Sorceress being Blue themed.
---
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#4284 Posted: 01:39:35 27/09/2018
So ... about that New Footage, eh? .... Wait, since when were there other posts of Zephyr? V. Gotcha Clank, wasn't sure.

---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:39:35 27/09/2018 by theuone
#4285 Posted: 04:22:44 27/09/2018
^You may want to put that video in spoiler tags.

I have to admit I don’t remember the purple HUD (I do remember the purple gem in some Gateway to Glimmer’s footage if that’s what you are referring to), but yeah, I think there’ll definitely be some form of customization.

Some people suggested the HUD dinamically changing according to the level, but I strongly doubt it’s the case based on what we’ve seen so far.

Compare the initial gameplay of Colossus with the gameplay from this video (just be wary that the second video has spoilers). It's interesting to note that the Sunny Villa footage in that video has the same purple textbox as well.

I personally believe a dynamic HUD might be a little out there, but then again you probably could've said the same about dynamic music a few months ago. :P
---
#4286 Posted: 07:30:31 27/09/2018
Quote: theuone
Wait, since when were there other posts of Zephyr?

This is the only other Zephyr image I can think of (it was released around E3’s time if I’m not mistaken), but as you can see the sky blends a bit too much with the vegetation here and looks quite different from the original one:

[User Posted Image]

Quote: Clank
^You may want to put that video in spoiler tags.

Compare the initial gameplay of Colossus with the gameplay from this video (just be wary that the second video has spoilers). It's interesting to note that the Sunny Villa footage in that video has the same purple textbox as well.

I personally believe a dynamic HUD might be a little out there, but then again you probably could've said the same about dynamic music a few months ago. smilie

Wow, you are right!
I did see that footage once but absolutely didn’t pay attention to the purple textbox; the fact it wasn’t shown anywhere else seems to be yet another indication of a customizable interface, since the footage doesn’t look outdated.
I do believe those kind of changes don’t require much time, so maybe what we’ve seen over the past months was actually done in merely a few days.

Regarding the dynamic music, with Skylanders using it and considering how open the original three ganes are it wasn’t that much of a far fetched idea, but the possibility to select the original soundtrack as well...?
Now that’s something I wouldn’t have imagined even in my wildest dreams!

That being said I got your point, it could still be a possibility. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4287 Posted: 17:30:10 27/09/2018
Wow, you are right!
I did see that footage once but absolutely didn’t pay attention to the purple textbox; the fact it wasn’t shown anywhere else seems to be yet another indication of a customizable interface, since the footage doesn’t look outdated.
I do believe those kind of changes don’t require much time, so maybe what we’ve seen over the past months was actually done in merely a few days.

Regarding the dynamic music, with Skylanders using it and considering how open the original three ganes are it wasn’t that much of a far fetched idea, but the possibility to select the original soundtrack as well...?
Now that’s something I wouldn’t have imagined even in my wildest dreams!

That being said I got your point, it could still be a possibility. smilie

Gamedev is weird. I don't think any aspects of it are particularly easy, but so much can change just from one day of work in a studio. Toys For Bob has a lot of employees by themselves, but if you add on the other studios who are assisting (like Airborne, who designed and made 3D assets for Zephyr), things move along even quicker.

You know, I always seem to forget that Skylanders has it too lmao. You have a very fair point there. OG music selection seemed much more impossible, especially since N. Sane didn't have that option.
---
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#4288 Posted: 17:45:19 27/09/2018
im kinda confused why you all use spoilers, people should know going into this topic about spoilers shouldnt they?
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4289 Posted: 17:52:42 27/09/2018
spoilers a level from the original games is here

i guess its because some people want to keep up on news but also don't want to be spoiled by design changes? i dunno
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4290 Posted: 18:16:55 27/09/2018
Quote: Grizzle
im kinda confused why you all use spoilers, people should know going into this topic about spoilers shouldnt they?

We might be a few months late in doing so but I just started doing it because I noticed an increase in people tempted to go dark because they don't want to see certain things. I know I personally don't want to see much of anything from Year of the Dragon, but things from 1 and 2 are still being revealed in addition to content from 3. I still want to discuss Reignited with other fans so I appreciate the opportunity to do so while decreasing the likelihood that I'll be spoiling myself on what I don't want to see. Does that make sense?
---
#4291 Posted: 18:35:45 27/09/2018
Quote: Grizzle

Pretty much what Clank said.

I started using them lately because I personally want to avoid stuff coming from the first two games as much as possible since we saw a lot of them already to get a fair idea on the final result, so I figured out others might have wanted the same as well.
I’m still open to more Year of the Dragon’s content but I’m sure I’ll get enough of it way before the 13th of November (and I’ll still spoiler-tag it and my opinions just in case).

I’ll take this chance to ask the Hunters if it’s a problem to keep doing so or if we could perhaps consider opening a spoiler-free topic for all the new clips, artworks and screenshots.
I’ll try to limit myself by only spoiler-tagging design-based impressions, stuff like color changes or technical tweaks should be pretty safe to discuss.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4292 Posted: 18:42:49 27/09/2018
Yeah, spoilers of the original games are fair... game, so are mechanics that haven't changed. "X character now looks like this" is a spoiler, and any extras TFB adds are VERY MUCH spoilers.
---
#4293 Posted: 19:16:06 27/09/2018
I somehow managed to stay away from Trophies-related spoilers, even though many people on YouTube used the artworks or the full list as thumbnails for their videos, but knowing about the details of potential new content in any form would annoy me quite a lot.

I only know about the skill points for the first game, and even then I have no idea what they are about.

I also do know that
there is some kind of Skylanders reference in the achievements

but once again I have no idea about what it actually is.

The fact the release date is getting closer and closer also helps resisting the temptation of looking at every bit of information possible like I did when the trilogy was announced.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:18:11 27/09/2018 by Drek95
#4294 Posted: 19:38:47 27/09/2018
Also, a slight tangent heads up - Skylanders Academy Season 3 drops tomorrow. While the previous showrunner said he heard nothing of the new classic Spyro at the time, these two new ones might've been allowed to do a cameo or something.

It's also a really fun, Spyro-focused show if you already have Netflix, but details.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:10:06 27/09/2018 by Bifrost
Musical Monk Green Sparx Gems: 224
#4295 Posted: 20:51:50 27/09/2018
Zephyr looks vastly different from its Ripto's Rage counterpart, I would have no idea if it wasn't explictly stated to be Zephyr in the gameplay video lol. I love how levels look more lively and detailed than in the original game.
---
WHY YAI YAI YO!
#4296 Posted: 23:36:44 27/09/2018
Poseable Spyro figure coming from NECA in Q1 2019!

https://mobile.twitter.com/NEC...430049325879296

I hope it won’t be too big nor expensive.
Guess it’ll use the Reignited design.

EDIT: it does!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...439418163744769
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:32 27/09/2018 by Drek95
First | Previous | Page 86 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me