darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 84 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#4151 Posted: 04:16:57 10/09/2018
Fantastic video here. It made me cry:

theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#4152 Posted: 04:26:39 10/09/2018
Quote: Hardback247
Fantastic video here. It made me cry:

Dangit, I was gonna share that one.

There's also
though.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#4153 Posted: 08:17:47 10/09/2018
Far out, that video is so fantastic. I'm going to watch it all the time, everyone has done such a fantastic job with their parts!!
Geez, its so beautiful to see everyone get together like this to celebrate Spyro's legacy.
That video was wonderful.

(I low key want to do one now. I've had a song picked out for ages and everything. But I'm too busy and stressed to work on another animation I'm afraid.)
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4154 Posted: 14:53:30 10/09/2018
I wish I had thought of doing an animation for the anniversary, but I'd probably rush it because of work. Maybe next year or when new games show up; because AMVs aren't worth risking a channel for in my opinion even if I did one for the 15th :c
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4155 Posted: 15:08:55 10/09/2018
I love that Castle on the Hill MAP! I've watched it twice already smilie

And there's some AMAZING animation in there! Blaze's parts were my favourite. (And 3:08-3:22?! *sobs*)
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4156 Posted: 16:25:52 10/09/2018
Most of the video is about a section of the franchise I actively hate and there's not even a hint of Skylanders in there, sorry but I don't like it at all. Animation is good I guess but you know
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4157 Posted: 16:31:20 10/09/2018
I mean, the video doesn't bash it in any way so that's good, and it's a collab so everyone probably picked what they wanted to draw. Maybe if a Skylanders fan animator joined in we would've seen a section.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:31:46 10/09/2018 by Bifrost
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#4158 Posted: 16:39:13 10/09/2018
Quote: Bionichute
Most of the video is about a section of the franchise I actively hate and there's not even a hint of Skylanders in there, sorry but I don't like it at all. Animation is good I guess but you know

Because it was made for Spyro fans not Skylanders fans. skylanders is only a spyro cameo. Which is why they didn't have crash twinsanity in it either.
#4159 Posted: 16:43:40 10/09/2018
I'm curious, Bionichute - is it The Legend of Spyro that you "actively hate"?

I've found few people who love Skylanders and hate TLoS, is all!

As for the cameo controversy... I feel like, because of Academy (where Spyro is a, if not the, main character) Skylanders can definitely be considered Spyro. In my mind, anyway! smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#4160 Posted: 16:45:38 10/09/2018
Quote: Grizzle

Because it was made for Spyro fans not Skylanders fans. skylanders is only a spyro cameo. Which is why they didn't have crash twinsanity in it either.

Spyro isn't a cameo in Skylanders. He was the franchise's Pikachu and was always heavily prevalent in Merchandise and nearly always the main character in the comics, books and show.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#4161 Posted: 16:49:27 10/09/2018
One could make the argument that main games Skyro and Skynder are cameos, but Academy is absolutely a Spyro story - also why a lot of classic fans have no problem watching it.

Speaking of which, fun coincidence that Aura posted elsewhere:

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 20:34:23 10/09/2018 by Bifrost
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4162 Posted: 17:42:47 10/09/2018
New footage, it has stuff I don't want to see though so I haven't watched it myself.

Quote: Bifrost
I mean, the video doesn't bash it in any way so that's good, and it's a collab so everyone probably picked what they wanted to draw. Maybe if a Skylanders fan animator joined in we would've seen a section.

It was actually an entirely scripted video, hence why certain parts flow especially well (Bianca sadly observing Spyro and his friends immediately followed by her freeing Hunter, for example). It was the host's active choice to not include Skylanders as she isn't a fan of that version of Spyro.

The video is undeniably amazing and I've been following it since the original call was uploaded last year. But I also hope in the future that similar projects are made that do include Skyro so that he finally gets his chance to shine!
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#4163 Posted: 18:38:50 10/09/2018
I'm getting an "image not found", Bifrost?

Aquaria Towers! I love the crabs.

I don't know how those videos work, but I guess if there weren't any Skylander fan animators, the rest just agreed to do Classic and Legend? Oooh, imagine a 2D rendition of Academy Spyro, though! Too bad I have 0 drawing skills.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#4164 Posted: 18:56:14 10/09/2018
Quote: yelvy

I don't know how those videos work, but I guess if there weren't any Skylander fan animators, the rest just agreed to do Classic and Legend?

Basically, there was a script to follow, and the person who hosted the MAP (And thus, made the script), didn't want Skylanders Spyro to be in it, and outlined as such in the rules when applications for the MAP was open.

I don't think it's anything to get mad over, but from a flow perspective, I did personally continually get the feeling like something was "missing" without the inclusion of Skyro in the MAP.

But I dunno if that was because I subconsciously knew there was a version of Spyro purposely being left out, or if it was because a Rule Of Three structure wasn't being in play with his exclusion. Like how the ending of the middle of the song shows the ending of DotD, with the floating islands, and it feels like it's gonna bridge to a Skylanders section, but it just...kinda backtracks to tLoS?

Still, absolutely STUNNING animation! Major kudos to all the contributors!
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:40 10/09/2018 by spyroid101
#4165 Posted: 19:34:15 10/09/2018
Ah, okay. Well, I'm not gonna get angry over what an artist wants in their work, but yeah it is a little disappointing to see poor Skyro excluded, haha!

This is the only stupid excuse I can think of, but maybe because Skylanders fans are generally a younger audience, there aren't many people who have such raw passion and nostalgia for it as Classic and Legend - yet. What I'm saying is, if I was 11 when Spyro's Adventure came out, I probably wouldn't have the nostalgia feels or drawing/animating skills to make something as amazing as that MAP until I was older. And I'll keep you posted on that.

Yes, with the "legend continues" part, I was expecting another sort of bridge like "in another world" (yesitscheesybut) to bring Skylanders into it at the end. But as it is, 2:53 onwards feels like a nice epilogue/reflection, and a beautiful one at that!

I can't believe I'm writing so much about this by the way. Can you tell I'm bored? smilie
#4166 Posted: 19:37:42 10/09/2018
(Oh, if I made one I'd def include Skyro. It's a little rude to completely disregard one era of Spyro's legacy just because you personally don't like it. There are thousands of other people who do, you know? And you can't deny that both the Legend series and Skylanders series happened. They're an important part of Spyro's history. Oh well.)
---
I draw stuff.
#4167 Posted: 20:00:15 10/09/2018

yes i actively hate LoS because its incredibly lazy and generic. Its God of War but shorter, without the things that make GoW work, and set in a generic fantasy world. To me, its not remotely Spyro in any way aside from Spyro being there. Skylnaders follows the Spyro formula more closely, and you can actively tell there's more love for the franchise in Skylanders than there was in LoS. It feels like they went through a checklist of the most iconic parts of the Spyro series, included those, and then didn't bother actually making a Spyro game beyond that.

Also Cynder in LoS is a bad character, they wasted Mark Hamill on generic villain Malefor, and Sparx is an actual abomination. Not saying that Cynder and Malefor are automatically bad everywhere, i love Cynder in Academy and Malefor in both Academy and the Skylanders comics, for example, but those two actually bother to do anything interesting with them beyond generic fantasy cliches.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4168 Posted: 20:15:30 10/09/2018
Don't all the games use the exact same level up system
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
theuone Platinum Sparx Gems: 6184
#4169 Posted: 20:15:40 10/09/2018

yes i actively hate LoS because its incredibly lazy and generic. Its God of War but shorter, without the things that make GoW work, and set in a generic fantasy world. To me, its not remotely Spyro in any way aside from Spyro being there. Skylnaders follows the Spyro formula more closely, and you can actively tell there's more love for the franchise in Skylanders than there was in LoS. It feels like they went through a checklist of the most iconic parts of the Spyro series, included those, and then didn't bother actually making a Spyro game beyond that.

Also Cynder in LoS is a bad character, they wasted Mark Hamill on generic villain Malefor, and Sparx is an actual abomination. Not saying that Cynder and Malefor are automatically bad everywhere, i love Cynder in Academy and Malefor in both Academy and the Skylanders comics, for example, but those two actually bother to do anything interesting with them beyond generic fantasy cliches.

Hmmm, all I'll say is agree to disagree.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#4170 Posted: 20:21:52 10/09/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Don't all the games use the exact same level up system

In regards to what?

In regards to copying God of War. I remember them being done in the exact same way as God of War in the first game
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#4171 Posted: 20:30:25 10/09/2018
They all use 'spend XP points to level up thing', yeah.

Still, as I said, Skylanders as a game might feel separate, but in Academy he's the main character all around. Hell, the entire arc of Season 3 is going to be about
a villain protagonist in a world that's used to him having a soul.

(in case someone hasn't caught up with S2)

It's a story about Spyro, regardless of the different canon. Oh well, can't say something should've be done about it when I'm usually too busy to do any tributes myself :I
---
#4172 Posted: 20:32:25 10/09/2018
The level up system in ANB and TEN is kinda the same as GoW in the sense that you got an EXP pool, and you press a button to yum yum SLUUURP that exp into the ability to eventually level it up.

Having played the GoW games years after playing the tLoS series, I personalty do feel some similarities with ANB and TEN to GoW, but DotD is definitely the most blatant about it (Especially with how they changed the Fury function to act more like Spartan Rage/ Rage of the Titans)
---
#4173 Posted: 20:38:04 10/09/2018
I'm getting an "image not found", Bifrost?

Fixed now, I think.

DOTD is super blatant about what it rips off. From Gondor--I mean The Dam, the semi-realistic style shift, even the puzzles at times. The Krome games were definately made with GOW in mind but they felt like other hack-and-slash games from the same period that were just as eager to put that into their games while still looking new.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4174 Posted: 21:51:29 10/09/2018
The crabs are great!
Won’t watch the gameplay but I wouldn’t mind if someone could confirm if they still shatter with a crackling sound when defeated.

Also, sorry if I deviate for a moment from the discussion but I’d like to point something out (loved the MAP by the way, almost brought tears to my eyes in certain parts).

From what I’ve been noticing by quickly looking at the content released in the last couple weeks (Aquaria Towers included) it seems like TfB got the colors right but still need to tweak their vividness and the general lighting a bit.
If we consider the latest look we had at Artisans (the one where we see Nestor talk) it’s clear that the lighting there is much smoother, with softer shadows and generally lighter colors which suit the overall “Spyro aesthetic” much better than the strong tints we saw at E3.
That makes me believe we’ve yet to see anything remotely close to a finished product in those terms for a lot of levels and makes me even happier they decided to delay the game.

I really wish they were more clear regarding how recent a newly shown content is.

Regarding Skylanders and The Legend of Spyro, I fully understand the former incarnation of Spyro not being represented in celebrative works: even if I would have appreciated a small cameo just to acknowledge his exsistence, he’s part of a different franchise where he’s not the protagonist regardless of his importance in other iterations such as comics or Academy.
I think it makes complete sense to exclude him if we are strictly celebrating his own series of games.

The latter has been a very enjoyable series up to Dawn of the Dragon: that game tried too many things and failed at most of them, including the idea of being epic for the sake of it (even though I only played it once quite a few years ago, so my memories are a bit foggy).
I do agree that Skylanders captured the Classic spirit much better that Krome’s work, but I also don’t think they ever had that objective to begin with: I see it as a nice “what if?” which takes a completely direction and for the most part succeeds in what it wants to achieve.

Allow me to say one final thing: I would just like to thank whoever put their comments under spoilers due to them containing new pictures or thumbnails.
I deeply appreciate your respect for those who want to play the Reignited Trilogy relatively blind, especially since the topic doesn’t forbid making spoilers.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:09:52 10/09/2018 by Drek95
#4175 Posted: 22:23:09 10/09/2018
Quote: Drek95

Won’t watch the gameplay but I wouldn’t mind if someone could confirm if they still shatter with a crackling sound when defeated.

Kinda yes, but it sounds a bit more like "Ah, yes, that's the quiet, soft sound you'd expect to hear if you dropped a bunch of crab parts onto the ground", then a sharp distinctive CRACK of the crab falling to pieces. (If that made any sense? gdshjada)

Basically: Yes? But it kinda sounds like it really toned down? Then again, I'm not seeing nitpickers talking about it, so maybe I'm just imagining it?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:27:05 10/09/2018 by spyroid101
#4176 Posted: 22:32:52 10/09/2018
Thanks, Bifrost! Awww, that is a cute little coincidence! smilie

I find the "which is more Spyro: Legend or Skylanders?" debate very interesting, by the way.

I can't judge TLoS for being a God of War copycat because I haven't played it. All I'll say is that, while I've only played ANB and DoTD, I really enjoy the trilogy (uhhh, duology?) even though it could have been so much better.

Skylanders is a strange beast, because if you look at Spyro's Adventure there's loads of "oh, that reminds me of classic Spyro!" moments that quickly turn into "ok, that's a little different actually" - I'm talking about the loose similarities between, for example, the Spyro 1 balloonists and Flynn; Moneybags and (I think) Aubric; gems and the treasure used for upgrades; the idea of a hub world. And, of course, portals!

So I think Skylanders could have doubled down on the Spyro-ness in its sequels but decided to be its own thing instead. That was fine, but I was glad to see Spyro himself return to the spotlight for Academy! It's the direction I wanted Skylanders to take from the beginning.
#4177 Posted: 23:44:17 10/09/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Quote: Drek95

Kinda yes, but it sounds a bit more like "Ah, yes, that's the quiet, soft sound you'd expect to hear if you dropped a bunch of crab parts onto the ground", then a sharp distinctive CRACK of the crab falling to pieces. (If that made any sense? gdshjada)

Basically: Yes? But it kinda sounds like it really toned down? Then again, I'm not seeing nitpickers talking about it, so maybe I'm just imagining it?

Mmmmh... You are making me dangerously curious. smilie

Does the video show more than just the area with the crabs, like the Seahorses or the Water Workers?
I could even just watch the very beginning if you can hear it fairly soon.

But I agree, if no nitpicker showed up yet then I guess it’s at least as fitting as the old sound.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4178 Posted: 00:12:08 11/09/2018
The video's pretty much just ten seconds with Spyro killing the two crabs (At the start, so, yes, you could just watch the beginning to hear), the one Water worker, and picking up a few gems. You can see the starting Sea horse in the distance, but it's not approached or talked to.

Soooo, ye, pretty light on the Spoiler territory XP

(The video does show the two anniversary videos first, I should mention. I dunno if you wanted to keep spoiler free for those or not)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:14:56 11/09/2018 by spyroid101
#4179 Posted: 00:38:24 11/09/2018
Thanks!

I managed to watch the Twitter version and focus on the compared PS1 footage, so no spoilers at all!
They seem to have focused more on the bubbling rather than the crackling, but it did sound satisfying and that’s what matters the most.

Also, I know it was just ten seconds or so but the music sounded pretty good.
Very atmospheric: makes me curious about the three homeworld themes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:39:02 11/09/2018 by Drek95
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#4180 Posted: 05:14:38 11/09/2018
In case there ever are any more Spyro games from Toys For Bob, I'd love to see many more levels devoted to Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley, and Agent 9.
#4181 Posted: 05:22:00 11/09/2018
One thing that bothers me is the electric panels in the Beast Maskers worlds. They're still bright cyan even when they're not being shocked?
---
I draw stuff.
#4182 Posted: 17:02:44 11/09/2018
Quote: Bolt
One thing that bothers me is the electric panels in the Beast Maskers worlds. They're still bright cyan even when they're not being shocked?

I agree.
They used actual electric particles to represent their active state, but making the panels dim a bit would make the difference even more evident.

Those are somehow gameplay elements and should remain as close to the originals as possible.
It’s similar to how all the metallic non-flamable objects or enemies (except the vases) have the same bright white reflective look, which is something that wasn’t as defined as it is now in the early builds of the remake.

Speaking of Beast Makers, I found this rather old article with some screenshots I’ve never seen before and a rather interesting bit of information.
Apparently every level in the remake has been more or less inspired by a certain movie; Beast Makers has taken inspiration from Apocalypse Now and Cliff Town from Star Wars (presumably Tatooine).
Not sure if this is 100% correct since the article has some small mistakes here and there, but it’s indeed something odd to be adressed:

https://powerup-gaming.com/201...gnited-trilogy/

Here are a couple screenshots of Terrace Village which I’ve never seen posted here before.
Pardon me if they were:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:32:26 11/09/2018 by Drek95
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#4183 Posted: 18:23:57 11/09/2018

Sorry, but since when was this a thread about hating TLoS?
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4184 Posted: 18:56:46 11/09/2018
@Drek95: Never seen those images before, where did you get them from?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4185 Posted: 19:21:57 11/09/2018
Yikes! Sorry if I went a little off-topic, Ice Dragoness.

I feel like such a fake fan, because I can't remember Terrace village from those screenshots AT ALL! I'm looking forward to its Regnited rendition, although the Beast Makers levels all seem to have lost their darker/creepier lighting. At least I'll be able to see everything, huh? smilie
#4186 Posted: 19:23:02 11/09/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
@Drek95: Never seen those images before, where did you get them from?

The first one is from the article I linked, while the second is from this other one:

https://www.standard.co.uk/tec...w-a3902296.html

Found a couple more which I’ve never seen before from yet another site, among a nice collection of other screenshots:

https://m.vk.com/@spyro_club-reignited-trilogy-footage

[User Posted Image]

And yet another one from here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/...modern-13085314

[User Posted Image]

The watermark on the first one makes me wonder if they could all be from an old video CrystalFissure made when Terrace Village screenshots were released along with the Ice Cavern and Alpine Ridge ones.
I’ll chek it and let you know.

Found all of them just by typing “Terrace Village Reignited” on Google images, by the way.

EDIT: nope, not from that video at least.
But the watermark is there, so credits to CrystalFissure.

EDIT 2: and speaking of it, here’s another new look at Ice Cavern from the last article I linked:

[User Posted Image]

I wonder if it could be worth to randomly search the levels on Google to look for more unfound images. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 10:38:37 12/09/2018 by Drek95
#4187 Posted: 20:42:03 11/09/2018
@Drek95: Yes, I guess it is worth a Google search, considering that I don't think I've seen that one from Ice Cavern either.

It's all good stuff though.
---
#4188 Posted: 21:53:47 11/09/2018
Yikes! Sorry if I went a little off-topic, Ice Dragoness.

I feel like such a fake fan, because I can't remember Terrace village from those screenshots AT ALL! I'm looking forward to its Regnited rendition, although the Beast Makers levels all seem to have lost their darker/creepier lighting. At least I'll be able to see everything, huh? smilie

Nah, it is generally considered a rather forgettable level, don’t worry.

Regarding the colors, at least Terrace Village always had a green sky.
Tree Tops could use a bit more darkness as well, but otherwise it’s more than good in my book (in terms of faithfulness of course, I genuinely think the whole game is gorgeous if taken for what it is) and Misty Bog looks pretty close.

I only have a problem with Beast Makers, and possibly Metalhead since they have a quite similarly colored sky.
But yeah, they did change the world’s theme from “spooky and gloomy swamps” to “voodoo aztec/mayan ruins” and basically removed the most technological elements, whether it’s for the best or the worst.

It’s closer to Insomniac’s original idea to save the mechanical and technological features for the Machinists’ World, if anything.

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
@Drek95: Yes, I guess it is worth a Google search, considering that I don't think I've seen that one from Ice Cavern either.

It's all good stuff though.

I’ll try to give it a look, perhaps there’s more for Alpine Ridge as well since it was part of that batch of images.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:39:12 12/09/2018 by Drek95
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#4189 Posted: 23:18:12 11/09/2018
I'm so sad-in order to afford a PS4 and reignited, I have to trade in my PS3 which has my classic Spyro games on and I don't have a PS2, or the first two games on PS1 disc (lol that went down in order) So I won't be able to play classic Spyro till I can afford it all...these games better be worth it smilie
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#4190 Posted: 14:03:55 12/09/2018
Quote: Jaggedstar
I'm so sad-in order to afford a PS4 and reignited, I have to trade in my PS3 which has my classic Spyro games on and I don't have a PS2, or the first two games on PS1 disc (lol that went down in order) So I won't be able to play classic Spyro till I can afford it all...these games better be worth it smilie

Well since Reignited is coming out so close to Christmas, why not ask for it for Christmas?
---
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#4191 Posted: 17:05:17 12/09/2018
THEY GOT TO THE FIREWORKS FACTORY

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#4192 Posted: 17:16:49 12/09/2018
Lookin mighty fine...
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#4193 Posted: 17:54:33 12/09/2018
Here's my opinion:

---
First | Previous | Page 84 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me