darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 69 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3401 Posted: 04:53:54 22/07/2018
are those going to be little figures or just cutouts
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3402 Posted: 08:07:06 22/07/2018
Hopefully actual figures!! I wouldn't be interested if they were just cutouts. Maybe the models aren't finalised yet and this art is just the placeholder for now??
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#3403 Posted: 11:50:51 22/07/2018
Quote: Bionichute
are those going to be little figures or just cutouts

I'm pretty sure this is one of them. It's from Numskull's Twitter page.
They're doing a giveaway where you can win it. https://twitter.com/NumskullDe...857460432588800

[User Posted Image]
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#3404 Posted: 21:12:26 22/07/2018
I wonder what other merch we're going to get.
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3405 Posted: 23:11:18 22/07/2018
Call me crazy, but I'm starting to warm up to Idol Springs' skybox and lighting. At first I didn't like it, but now it's not so bad.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3406 Posted: 00:13:16 23/07/2018
Quote: ECDT1089
Call me crazy, but I'm starting to warm up to Idol Springs' skybox and lighting. At first I didn't like it, but now it's not so bad.

I really like how tropical, lush and hazy it feels and I feel like the current look fits the level theme very well, but I also think that it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in terms of how different the colors look from its original version compared to the other levels we’ve seen.

The rocks should be a much darker and brownish color, the skybox should be more vibrant and there should also be a few differences regarding other colors (particularly the colder tints which should be way warmer).
Again, it wouldn’t have to look that way if they weren’t aiming to make the other levels look as faithful color-wise.

Besides, we already know that build is quite old at least compared to Colossus and Hurricos, since as you can see here even one of the latest images released shows the early Powerup Gate design instead of the current one:

[User Posted Image]
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:26:21 23/07/2018 by Drek95
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#3407 Posted: 00:30:10 23/07/2018
The only thing I don't like about Idol Springs' skybox is the lack of red. Other than that, it's great.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#3408 Posted: 00:39:10 23/07/2018
I would love it if they brought back some of the orangey hues and made the shadows a bit purple, but if they don't it's not going to bother me too much. I think what they currently have lends itself well to the updated visuals regardless.

That being said... I do wish the rocks were a little lower, so as to give us a better look at the sky. I understand that it's likely in part to prevent people from getting out of bounds, but I don't think they need to sacrifice the ability to see the sky most of the time in order to do that.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#3409 Posted: 06:19:42 23/07/2018
So something a little funny. This whole time I thought that the color palette for the new game was much much more amber/earthy tinted. The colors looked subdued, more natural looking rather than the vibrant hues from the original...and I just now realized that I had my eyesaver still enabled on my laptop (filters out bluelight to be easier on your retinas and help with sleep). It's like I'm seeing all the released footage for the first time.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#3410 Posted: 09:51:43 23/07/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Drek95
Besides, we already know that build is quite old at least compared to Colossus and Hurricos, since as you can see here even one of the latest images released shows the early Powerup Gate design instead of the current one:

[User Posted Image]

Do we know for a fact that this is just an "early" design, though? I know both Colossus and Hurricos have identical power-up gates, but I don't see how that alone necessarily confirms that this gate is from an earlier build of the game.

Unless it was confirmed otherwise, but to my knowledge it hasn't and is merely speculation being treated as fact. If I'm wrong, I apologize.

No, not for a fact, but there are quite a few hints which suggest it’s at least and older build, between the PlayStation Underground footage and the released images:
- gems still latch onto Spyro for a split second before being collected, which is something we’ve seen fixed starting from the Colossus clip;
- the gliding animation is more polished than in the first game’s footage, but not as much as in the Glimmer clip;
- I think Sparx’s movement is a bit stiffier as well, but can’t be absolutely sure about it;
- no confirmation about it either, but to me it’s pretty clear the orb animation is a placeholder based on an amplified version of the Talisman one, though we’ve not seen orbs being collected in the newer clips so we can’t be too sure just how different it is now;
- numbers in the gem counter also increase less smoothly than how they do in the Colossus footage;
- the general lighting and colors are very different from the other Spyro 2 levels we’ve seen and remind more of the early Stone Hill and Artisans where they tried a more realistic and less saturated and colorful approach;
- and finally, the Powerup Gates looking nothing like the ones seen in Colossus and Hurricos, which definitely have pretty different thenes from each other; no reason to keep them in in the latest images if those were taken from the current build where they look different, right?

I’m basically doing 2+2 here, but when you start noticing the details it becomes rather clear just how old a certain build is (like with Spyro’s tail movement and color in the first game).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:04:42 23/07/2018 by Drek95
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#3411 Posted: 10:13:15 23/07/2018
I just want to add that this screenshot makes me more inclined to believe there’s a photo mode. It’s a dead giveaway.

[User Posted Image]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3412 Posted: 10:46:06 23/07/2018
I'm getting so impatient for the release of character designs!! Mostly hyped for Elora and Bianca but I also really want to see the druids from the first game
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#3413 Posted: 11:02:08 23/07/2018
I just want to add that this screenshot makes me more inclined to believe there’s a photo mode. It’s a dead giveaway.

While I think that would be a neat idea, it might just be the developer's cam like what they used for Skylanders and N.Sane Trilogy screenshots.
#3414 Posted: 11:35:33 23/07/2018
Yeah, while I’d love a photo mode and even think it’s going to be implemented, I doubt those images prove anything.
It’s similar to how the trailer used particular camera angles to increase the overall impact of a shot, just something the devs can do.

If there are games which would benefit from that mode they are indeed the first three Spyro titles, and I mean the original ones: the improved visuals would only make the pictures taken even more amazing.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3415 Posted: 15:25:20 23/07/2018

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:25:37 23/07/2018 by Hardback247
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3416 Posted: 15:34:02 23/07/2018
Aren't all those videos just about things we discussed MONTHS ago in here? It's starting to sound like someone looked over our threads for video content.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#3417 Posted: 15:48:16 23/07/2018
Quote: Hardback247

i highly doubt she will be there.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3418 Posted: 16:24:23 23/07/2018
Quote: alicecarp

While I think that would be a neat idea, it might just be the developer's cam like what they used for Skylanders and N.Sane Trilogy screenshots.

I'm assuming you'll still be able to enter a "look mode," in which case you could just snap a screenshot using the PS4's share button. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3419 Posted: 17:34:36 23/07/2018
Quote: alicecarp

I think the reason THAT particular screenshot could hint at a photo mode, compared to others, is the way it's very much positioned to look like a selfy photo.

But we didn't see any kind of photo mode in the pause menu preview, so who knows?
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#3420 Posted: 19:27:36 23/07/2018
Oh, no no no no, absolutely not taking that for granted!
Sorry if I gave that impression, I was just making guesses based on what I could see and what would be more logical: wouldn’t have made the same assumption if the Powerup Gate in Hurricos was themed after the level itself.

Not to mention that I’m starting to understand how the world doesn’t like to follow logic as much as it should, sometimes things are just the way they are because, why not?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3421 Posted: 20:32:52 23/07/2018
It could be entirely possible that the Supercharge powerup has its own unique design too. It would be kind of dumb to make it be the only one to stand out, but it also makes sense considering the nature of the challenges you need it for. There are very few of them in the game and you only ever need them when following certain paths (besides that one vase but we don't talk about that). They're just replacing the dirt paths with something a lot more obvious, theoretically.

Also if there isn't a photo mode in Reignited I am going to riot, this game is way too pretty to not screenshot something every three seconds.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:20 23/07/2018 by Clank
#3422 Posted: 20:46:47 23/07/2018
If I’m not wrong the Powerup Gate in Hurricos is a Supercharge, though, and it’s identical to the Superjump in Colossus.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3423 Posted: 21:01:26 23/07/2018
...That is true. https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/i...008/540/b7c.jpg
It sure would help a lot if we knew how old all this footage was. We've been getting a mix of obviously old (yellow tail) and possibly new for quite some time now.
---
#3424 Posted: 21:21:43 23/07/2018
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/se...nited%20Trilogy

"Rating Summary: This is a collection of three platformer games in which players assume the role of Spyro the Dragon through a series of adventures. Players traverse platform environments, collect various objects, and use fantasy attacks (e.g., charge attacks, flame breath) to battle enemy creatures (e.g., dragons, goblins, rhino soldiers). Enemies generally disappear amid puffs of smoke when defeated. During some sequences, Spyro can take to the air and shoot down enemy planes, resulting in large explosions. Some enemy soldiers comically taunt Spyro by exposing portions of their buttocks (i.e., "mooning")."

MOONING ENEMIES CONFIRMED!
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3425 Posted: 22:01:29 23/07/2018
Yeah, I'm pretty sure E10+ didn't exist when the original Spyro games came out, so I don't think is that surprising. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3426 Posted: 22:01:56 23/07/2018
OOOOH, YEAH!
And with the blunderbusses in Dry Canyon shown during the panel, we know not even all the firearms are going to be censored!

So I guess this goes both for the Peace Keepers Gnorcs and for the Rhynocs in Frozen Altars.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#3427 Posted: 22:11:57 23/07/2018
FOOTAGE OF HD BUTT WHEN
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#3428 Posted: 22:43:02 23/07/2018 | Topic Creator
This rating is amazing news for the future of the Spyro franchise because it mean they can actually take risk and try more complex deeper stuff.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#3429 Posted: 23:06:09 23/07/2018
Maybe we could try to contact Tealgamemaster and ask him if the mooning Gnorcs were the thing he was referring to when he said “not everything is going to be censored”.
It could spark even more hype, if it isn’t!

By the way, I looked again at Idol Springs’ skybox and compared it to the original, and while it’s still far from looking even remotely as good as it I have to say it’s not as bad as I thought: it lacks the purple and red tints, but the yellow and orange ones are basically spot on.
Sometimes memory alone can trick you badly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:18:46 23/07/2018 by Drek95
#3430 Posted: 23:35:49 23/07/2018
Considering that Teal mentioned getting to see "a" Peace Keeper dragon during an interview, I'm betting 98% he was referring to those mooning gnorcs XP

SPEAKING of Teal, as well as the topic of Cynder being brought up again...If I may take a stab at a crazy conspiracy, cuz crazy conspiracies are fun:

• Teal mentions seeing something in the debug menu that he probably wasn't suppose to see.

• One specific thing TfB has been really cagey about is the topic of female dragons.

• There's a mysterious new female voice actor, who's roll is being kept under wraps.

• A UK site mentions Reignited having new dragons.

• There's also a rather odd line of "You never know who you might meet along the way!"

• There was also a rather odd phrasing from the recent panel about "Unlocking" characters, rather then "meeting" or "Freeing".

Not necessarily saying these HAVE to all be connected, or that even if it is, that it'd be connected to a possible unlockable Cynder... But the idea's interesting to think abouuutt >3> *Adjusts tinfoil hat*
---
#3431 Posted: 23:36:14 23/07/2018
I doubt he's allowed to comment on anything that hasn't been officially released.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#3432 Posted: 23:52:28 23/07/2018
Teal could also be talking about a new level. TFB always puts level select in the debug menu.

That could also mean, new dragons in a new level! Not necessarily Cynder.
---
#3433 Posted: 00:19:52 24/07/2018
I have to say that I’ve always associated those hints and infos to the Elders or at least to already known characters, but they could absolutely be referring to her or even multiple unlockable dragons.

They did indeed tried to please fans as much as they could to the point of adding an option to use the original soundtrack, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they also added some references to other games in the form of an unlockable Cynder skin, or even Flame and Ember.
Not sure if they would be more appreciated than brand new levels full of new collectables, challenges and characters, but I’m sure they would make many fans happy and would be way easier to develop.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:39 24/07/2018 by Drek95
#3434 Posted: 00:35:58 24/07/2018
One thing I'd personally really like them to bring Cynder in for, (Besides finding personal great joy in playing with character skins), is that it could possibly open the way for a Sonic Generations style of Spyro game with the three versions of Spyro, which I could imagine being really fun!

But, yes, again, the mysterious threads aren't necessarily connected, or they could connect elsewhere, but it's fun to make crazy guesses XP
---
#3435 Posted: 00:53:56 24/07/2018
Well if TfB ever decided to make an entirely new Spyro game, which I would love, they could definitely re-introduce Cynder into that. I know people loved playing as Cynder in DotD.
---
#3436 Posted: 00:55:03 24/07/2018
Quote: spyroid101
One thing I'd personally really like them to bring Cynder in for, (Besides finding personal great joy in playing with character skins), is that it could possibly open the way for a Sonic Generations style of Spyro game with the three versions of Spyro, which I could imagine being really fun!

I doubt that'll happen. Skylanders is a sinking ship, and it seems like Activision want to be done with it. And unlike Sonic, the Spyro fandom is way too fractured for that to be a reality without pissing people off. It's calmed down a lot, but when Reignited was announced, people were still really bitter over Skylanders. Which is why I don't see the Cynder thing happening. There's too much divisiveness for that to happen without pissing off a faction of the fanbase.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:58:58 24/07/2018 by JCW555
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#3437 Posted: 01:01:49 24/07/2018
Cynder could be an Easter Egg in Spyro 3, such as a new dragon Egg to find/hatch.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
#3438 Posted: 01:02:16 24/07/2018
^You mean, just like Sonic, then? The difference is that the sheer size of the Sonic fandom means it's so many pockets of communities that there's no big places you can point figers over encouraging bad behavior, unlike the Spyro fandom. There are groups that make it bad for others, but it's nowhere as organized and enabled.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:02:53 24/07/2018 by Bifrost
#3439 Posted: 01:05:05 24/07/2018
Quote: Bifrost
^You mean, just like Sonic, then? The difference is that the sheer size of the Sonic fandom means it's so many pockets of communities that there's no big places you can point figers over encouraging bad behavior, unlike the Spyro fandom. There are groups that make it bad for others, but it's nowhere as organized and enabled.

Don't get me wrong, the Sonic fandom is still fractured, but I remember people in general being excited about Sonic Generations. I don't feel like that'll happen with Spyro.
---
#3440 Posted: 01:30:50 24/07/2018
Yeah, that's a shame too. I could easily pick out what levels would be amazing to revisit in HD and new design right away. Classic has so many, LoS could've easily been Concurrent Skies, Celestial Caves and The Dam, Skylanders as MANY, but probably the most iconic could be Sky Schooner Docks, Lost City of Arkus and Spell Punk Library.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:34:34 24/07/2018 by Bifrost
#3441 Posted: 01:53:00 24/07/2018

Some more Comic Con footage!

Turns out the dragon that I thought was Maximos in the pin set is actually Trondo!

[User Posted Image]

This is also the first instance we've seen of TfB changing a dragon's original body type (As Trondo was very much a beanpole), so this might make guessing the other dragons a bit harder now if they've changed others dhskahdjska
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:03:50 24/07/2018 by spyroid101
#3442 Posted: 02:08:52 24/07/2018

Here's the music part of the Comic Con panel.
---
#3443 Posted: 02:12:56 24/07/2018
I think in a small clip of the Peace Keepers world you see the balloonist and he looks kinda ripped.
---
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3444 Posted: 04:44:50 24/07/2018
Whoaaa. Trondo got SWOLE. All these dragons been working out over the past 20 years : P Also our first glimpse at Dr. Shemp!

On a somewhat related note, I was studying an image someone put together over on Reddit of all the dragon elders shown so far, and I came up with an explanation of why I think Hat Nestor was really supposed to be Nestor and not a Magic Crafters dragon used as a stand-in. I'd love to hear what you all think, so here's a copy + paste of my Reddit post:

Quote:
If you look at Nevin and Hat Nestor's bodies and wings, they're basically identically shaped. The only differences between the two are their accessories, their facial structures, and Nevin having a texture on his belly. This makes me think TfB was originally going to have a "standard" body shape across each dragon race, except for maybe the quadrupeds/buff dragons/elderly ones. So Hat Nestor and Nevin have the "Artisan" body shape, and then the Peace Keepers would've had another body shape, and so on. Which makes sense cause the races had fairly uniform shapes and features in the original game.

This means the Magic Crafters, whatever they look like, would not have looked like Hat Nestor/Nevin. They would be differently shaped. Hat Nestor, therefore, could not have actually been a Magic Crafter.

Now, though, there's obviously a lot more diversity in the body types -- even within each race, as evidenced by the Beast Makers and new Nestor vs. Nevin. I have the feeling that somewhere in the design process, TfB probably realized that they could be doing a lot more to individualize each dragon, and then did that by giving every dragon a unique body shape, not just a body shape based on their race. This led to all the crazy unique Beast Maker designs that fans seems to love, and Nestor was probably also revised around then. But they didn't get rid of everything from Hat Nestor; if you look closely at new Nestor, you can still see a hint of his old model. His wings are still the same shape as Hat Nestor, just recolored and with some tatters added into them.
#3445 Posted: 05:02:06 24/07/2018
[User Posted Image]

Hat Nestor had the tattered wings, too (They're just harder to see, cuz motion blur). And judging from the concept art, the tail blade seems to be the same too.

The new Nestor also suspiciously doubles down on the main things people were complaining about: "The wings are the wrong color!", "He doesn't look strong enough!", "His horns are missing!","Where's the cheek fins?!", "THE HAT!! NESTOR WOULD NEVER WEAR A HAT! GET RID OF IT, OR I'M BURNING YOUR STUDIO DOWN!!!!"

And there's also the fact that the concept artist for our final Nestor, upon being asked if Hat Nestor was actually Nestor, confirmed that Nestor went though quite a few do-overs: https://twitter.com/FromHappyR...654274194345984
---
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#3446 Posted: 05:08:48 24/07/2018
Yeah, I did see the concept artist's comment. But for some reason people still aren't convinced, even by that. Folks were saying "just because he said Nestor got redesigned several times doesn't mean Hat Nestor was a design for Nestor!"...when it was pretty obvious to me that the artist meant Hat Nestor was an early iteration of Nestor, which then got redone.

But oh well, I guess people take the word of a Youtuber not involved in the game's development over the word of the artist responsible for the new design.

I'm really curious what kinds of designs they came up with in between Hat Nestor and Final Nestor. I also just noticed Hat Nestor has stripes xD;
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:09:30 24/07/2018 by Tsutori
First | Previous | Page 69 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me