darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 58 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#2851 Posted: 22:53:44 21/06/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Then we'll have to change #GiveSpyroaGun2018 to #LetSpyroSay****2018.

did spyro just SWEAR?
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2852 Posted: 22:55:35 21/06/2018
Besides that purple filter or haze (whatever it is) that keeps appearing in every other screenshot/video/gif, the Twilight Harbor gun censoring is the only issue I truly have with this game. Should have just made it a gun that shoots laser bullets or mini rockets.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#2853 Posted: 23:01:41 21/06/2018
I don't really care about the gun censorship.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2854 Posted: 23:06:54 21/06/2018
Quote: SpcePirateMnky
I'm just going to say this.

The whole time Toys for Bob was doing Skylanders, they were okay with Trigger Happy using guns. Sure they shoot coins, but still guns. Not to mention the Quickshot Imaginators.

In the first Crash Bandicoot game, Pinstripe Potoroo used a tommy gun to shoot Crash. Vicarious Visions kept the tommy gun in the N. Sane Trilogy, even though he was shooting tiny missiles instead of bullets.

Please don't remove the grenades T4B!

See, the main difference NOW is that, back when Skylanders and the N.Sane trilogy were coming out, we weren't having this rampant of an outbreak of machine gun/assault rifle shootings hitting the news.

If you really look at those guns in Reignited Twilight Harbor, you can see that they're still DESIGNED to look like Machine guns, it's just that the ammunition is different. I'll bet you anything that this was a later change they made for sensitivity's sake.

Sure, perhaps it's ultimately unnecessary, but I feel like changing this small thing was ultimately a good decision on TfB's part. Kids who may have been effected by the events of Parkland of Santa Fe can pick up this fun, colorful platforming game and not get blindsided by sudden machine guns
, jumpy parents won't have anything to complain about, and it leaves no room for news tabloids to drum up drama by going "OMG!! THIS KIDS GAME HAS MACHINE GUNS IN IT, EVEN AFTER ALL THESE SCHOOL SHOOTINGS!11! HOW HORRIBLE!!111!!!".

It's a sensitivity issue, as well as just a good business decision at this point.

And I really, really, really DON'T think this means they're gonna be censoring E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. violence related. There's just a big difference between cartoony canons and blunderbusses or cowboy pistols, or even cartoony grenades, and the not-very-cartoony looking gun that's been involved in a lot of current real world tragedies that are still a sore spot for a lot of people involved at the moment, that also never show up in the other two games, and thus really doesn't fit in tone for the rest of the series.

But, hey, that's just my personal view on the issue. Not mad that they changed it, wouldn't have been mad if they didn't, but can agree with the theoretical reasons they did, and won't be mad whether they decide to keep them changed or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#2855 Posted: 23:21:35 21/06/2018
idk something about the whole censorship rubs me the wrong way
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#2856 Posted: 23:50:30 21/06/2018
I don't know. Their justification for removing it is kinda flimsy. Have they seen other platformers with weapons in them? If they absolutely wanted to change it, change it so they shoot bolts or something. The pink goo contrasts so much to what the level's colors are (orange/brown/grey). I've gotten over it, but it still kinda sucks because Twilight Harbor is one of my favorite levels.

And, like, when Reignited comes to PC, people are going to mod the guns/bullets back anyway, so I just think "what's the point?" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:54:09 21/06/2018 by JCW555
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2857 Posted: 23:56:19 21/06/2018
Yeah, I personally think that replacing the bullets with goo kind of ruins the feel of the original level. I saw this on a Spyro Tumblr blog and I agree with everything he says.

I'm not bothered too much by the change, but I don't agree with the choice to censor the bullets.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10045
#2858 Posted: 23:58:47 21/06/2018
I honestly couldn't care less and it doesn't matter at all
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2859 Posted: 00:16:58 22/06/2018
Does anyone know if the game will be PS4 Pro compatible?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:17:43 22/06/2018 by Hardback247
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2860 Posted: 01:14:07 22/06/2018
I mean, what kind of enhancements would there be if you are only playing it on PS4 Pro?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:14:37 22/06/2018 by Hardback247
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#2861 Posted: 02:31:37 22/06/2018
Quote: C1nder

This. It's not that serious.

And even if it probably wasn't necessary and ticked off a lot of fans, I understand why they decided to do it.
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#2862 Posted: 02:44:52 22/06/2018
Quote: C1nder

This is also how I feel about the whole Twilight Harbor thing. It's such a teeny tiny change in a game where LOTS of stuff is going to look different from the Spyro I played in my childhood, and I highly doubt TfB is going to go on some kind of extreme censorship rampage. If anything I'm more concerned about Bombo...but even that is kinda "eh, whatever" to me in the grand scheme of things.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2863 Posted: 04:14:43 22/06/2018
Bombo is very uncomfortable looking back on it, so him being changed is definitely going to happen.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2864 Posted: 05:40:23 22/06/2018
theres something about some activision PR playing my childhood games and then pointing out what isn't PC anymore makes me incredibly bitter and depressed. Has it stopped me from buying the game? Of course not but its kinda killed the hype for me
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2865 Posted: 05:54:04 22/06/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
theres something about some activision PR playing my childhood games and then pointing out what isn't PC anymore makes me incredibly bitter and depressed. Has it stopped me from buying the game? Of course not but its kinda killed the hype for me

Sounds like a you problem. Perhaps try not looking at it from a political perspective, as it was more of a tonal reasoning behind the change.

come join us in the hivemind. Everything about Reignited is perfect smilie
#2866 Posted: 07:03:49 22/06/2018
I honestly imagine that any changes to Bombo are going to be more akin to the subtle censoring they did to the Tree Tops enemies, nothing that's gonna turn the world up upside down.

At most, I'm guessing they'll make him look a little less human-ish and a bit more like a genie.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2867 Posted: 07:12:56 22/06/2018
I think complaining about the kind of censorship they choose is more than legit.
I understand why they choose to censor that part, even though I find it ridiculous for various reasons which should be obvious enough to not be explicitly stated, but I don’t like how they handled it.

I think we can all agree that Spyro is a game about details where almost everything is there for either a practical or aesthetic reason, so complaining about the goo’s color (or the fact they choose goo in the first place) from that point of view is no different that pointing out that Magic Crafters isn’t pink enough or that certain enemies don’t look as good as they used to be.
Subjective opionions of course, but still worth to be listened to if explained.

Besides, this kind of debatable censorship and other small details make me think they are generally considering Spyro to be much more kids-oriented than Crash, which is something I can agree with but not to the point of changing certain parts just to avoid giving young players the wrong ideas.
Maybe I’m being a bit paranoid here, but what if they also changed Metropolis’ closing cutscene because they didn’t want kids to cross roads without looking for incoming vehicles...?
Many of the second game’s cutscenes revolve around Looney Tunes’ humor, with slapstick comedy and characters getting hurt either because of themselves or others, and it would frankly be disheartening to see some of that gone because of exaggerated fears.

But then again, comically big weapons wielded by cartoonish characters were also part of that kind of humor, soooooo...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:15:17 22/06/2018 by Drek95
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#2868 Posted: 07:28:43 22/06/2018
I agree with spyroid101. This game isn't just targeted to adults with 90s Playstation nostalgia. It's also a way to introduce today's kids to Spyro's origin outside the Skylanders franchise. Also, the original game is almost 20 years old and anything that may have been acceptable in children's/family media back then may not be acceptable nowadays.

I'm not too bothered about the change. I think goo/paint guns fits the game's tone more than the machine guns did in the original. Although, it makes me wonder how they would censor the shot gun enemies in Scorch.

By the way, I always thought all the human-like enemies in Spyro 2 looked pretty generic compared to the gnorcs and rhynocs so I can't imagine what they would look like in the remake.
#2869 Posted: 18:04:32 22/06/2018
There's a major difference between comical violence and a like, ridiculously racist caricature
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#2870 Posted: 18:34:48 22/06/2018
The censorship won't turn me off buying the game, but I think it was unnecessary.

I do think TFB have been taking a few too many liberties in general in regards to aesthetics. Mostly just in regards to some character designs and now this censorship. They change the image of these characters or the tone of the level and at that point it's beyond just remaking them.

And no, I don't think real life school shootings and the like are any reason to change it. By that logic, we might as well ban all games that let you play as characters with realistic guns.

"But this is a KIDS game! They're impressionable!"

I played the game when I was a kid. I haven't shot anyone.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:38 22/06/2018 by sonicbrawler182
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#2871 Posted: 18:41:25 22/06/2018
Quote: alicecarp
By the way, I always thought all the human-like enemies in Spyro 2 looked pretty generic compared to the gnorcs and rhynocs so I can't imagine what they would look like in the remake.

I agree. Unlike Spyro 1 and 3, Spyro 2 doesn't have any one recurring enemy type, most of the levels each have antagonists unique to them. So I always found it hard to tell what kind of creatures the enemies are supposed to be. Really interested to see how TfB interprets them.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:58 22/06/2018 by Skyhunter
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2872 Posted: 19:38:10 22/06/2018
It's not always a guarantee that TFB is the one that chose to do it. Sometimes they do it out of fear of repercussion, sometimes it's a higher up that doesn't want to see the response on twitter to guns on a fantasy game.

I just really want to see the rest of the supporting cast already. Really curious about the designs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2873 Posted: 19:42:24 22/06/2018
They could change the knives because those are still a dangerous weapon, but I don't think anyone is going to object to cartoon bombs being in the game
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2874 Posted: 19:51:00 22/06/2018
It's so interesting to see how big this discussion about the gun censorship has gotten. It's good though! It's good to hear everyone's opinion on the matter!

I'm not so much concerned about political correctness with regards to censoring the guns, I just think it changes the whole tone of the level. It's subtle, but the purple goo makes the enemies seem more comical rather than confronting. It's the last normal level of the game before you oppose Gnasty Gnorc, and I thought it was a really good touch to make the gnorcs more intimidating and serious by having them shoot at you with guns at the end of the game. Like, you thought it was all fun and games ... but nope! They're coming at you with guns now so you better take this seriously! The goo just kind of ruins that, you know? I mean, they could have just kept the bullets looking like little yellow triangles like in the original game? I don't think that's too confronting.

But hey, I'm not too bothered by it.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2875 Posted: 20:28:28 22/06/2018
Quote: Bionichute
They could change the knives because those are still a dangerous weapon, but I don't think anyone is going to object to cartoon bombs being in the game

I mean, a bunch of apps removed the bomb emoji from their selection, but that's neither here nor there. Here's hoping for Ripto's Rage footage soon.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#2876 Posted: 21:57:08 22/06/2018 | Topic Creator
I find it really weird that so soon to the release,three months away there is nothing about Ripto’s Rage and Year of the Dragon,even then starting to thing of just give up and just play the digital games instead because I don’t like how much it feel like they are spiting on the veterans or.....long neglected legend era communities that grew up with a more epic Spyro but then played the classics to love them all,I would far prefer a mix between eras and tones,nuanced worlds and characters,dragons are fire breathing after all they are dangerous by nature and deadly so why not keep the menace in it,sanitising it and making it toddlers friendly does not fit Spyro,because of being a dragon,something cool,powerful,a force of nature.Something LOS represented far better.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2877 Posted: 21:59:08 22/06/2018
This has been brought up before, but the N. Sane trilogy did this exact same thing. Also, the classic series is completely different in tone compared to LoS and even Skylanders, so like, don't go in expecting something that it isn't.

also lol at nuanced worlds and characters in los
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:06:27 22/06/2018 by Bionichute
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2878 Posted: 22:14:33 22/06/2018
IMO the best case scenario for changing to the guns would be to make them lasers instead. Doesn't fit the level, but neither does goo and if they don't think real guns work in the games then part of me doubts they'll change their minds. It doesn't bother me too much personally (@ me if they do the same thing to Dino Mines), but I can absolutely see why it does others and I don't fully understand their reasoning for the change in the first place.

Keep in mind that the guns change likely isn't to keep an E10+ rating, since the ESRB doesn't mention it for Pinstripe's gun in the N. Sane Trilogy:

Quote: Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy ESRB Synopsis
This is a platformer game in which players assume the role of Crash Bandicoot as he works to foil a villain's plot. Players traverse platforms and defeat enemies and bosses in order to progress the story. Crash can jump on enemies' heads or use a spin attack to knock enemies out. Some sequences allow players to pilot a plane and shoot at enemy blimps causing them to explode. Boss battles involve more protracted combat. One boss character wears an outfit that reveals a slightly exposed buttocks (e.g., "plumber's crack").
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2879 Posted: 22:27:35 22/06/2018
The publishers are the ones that send the blurbs and footage of what may be inappropriate to ESRB. They might've left the gun out themselves for various reasons.
---
#2880 Posted: 22:43:20 22/06/2018 | Topic Creator
If they want to change anything,make it E instead,E10+ should stay the domain of preteen and older kids so have nothing changed because they can handle more,well KH is a balance of light and dark same for TLOS,it’s not the kind of nuance I was thinking about,it obviously would never be in a child friendly game that would never think of making characters that act and look like real beings and a living breathing world,for that it would need to be T or M.Why I was evoking Los as nuanced was the more simpler kind not the mature real kind,it was just that it fit dragons in general to have a bit of a dark fierce feel and balancing it out with a lighter feel to remind that it still is a friendly dragon,it show that even if colorful,it still is a dangerous place,like how a real world would obviously be.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#2881 Posted: 23:11:36 22/06/2018
I honestly doubt TfB is to blame at all, at least for the censorship itself.
Seems like a decision taken directly by Activision’s higher ups.

Sorry to change to topic a bit, but here’s First 4 Figures’ Crystallized Dragon statue in its special edition:

[User Posted Image]

It’s great, don’t get me wrong, but can’t like they release the same design but with the size of the smaller golden statue...?
Pretty Please...?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:47 22/06/2018 by Drek95
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2882 Posted: 00:30:49 23/06/2018
Lots of kids games these days are E10+. that's really the new E in general for the kind of games carrying the tone of the past. consider Wind Waker HD got an E10 when the original was E , and it pretty much is the same game. the same case applies to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D. Hell, Super Mario Odyssey got an E10+ and stirred some news up, yet it was pretty much like every Sandbox 3D Platforming mainline Mario game before it. Playtonic was shooting for an E rating when making Yooka-Laylee but wanted to keep the same crude humor as Banjo-Kazooie and got kicked up to an E10+, and they shrugged it off and went with such rating.
I honestly would prefer if Toys for Bob shot for an E10+ rating if that meant if it meant Spyro Reignited kept all the crude humor and tone the originally trilogy had. That's what I enjoyed about them. the games weren't prissy and not afraid to have a little edge that Mario games lacked and I want that kept.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:33:12 23/06/2018 by Bryman04
#2883 Posted: 00:46:51 23/06/2018 | Topic Creator
Maybe future games could be split into child friendly safe version E rated and have side series for longterm fans who grew up with the franchise,still like Spyro but want more that could be E10+ or T that look more like the original games unaltered in tones and humor,it would also obviously have better plot being for an older audience that already know Spyro.

Another idea would be a side game that is a crossover of all eras that fully celebrate the franchise history with respect even for lesser liked eras because well a remaster don’t feel much for so long waiting for a new Spyro game(since 2008).I hope we will get more that would be completely new.
---
#2884 Posted: 01:45:44 23/06/2018
Again, I fully admit I may be wrong, (or biased, considering how close I was to Parkland), but I feel like all this panic over censorship is missing the forest for the trees here.

Reasons like trying to keep the rating down to E, or trying not to "give impressionable kids ideas!" don't make sense, because I'm 100% convinced that's NOT what they're going for. At all.

What I imagine they're going for, is akin to, if you'll pardon my SUPER EXTREME choice of parallel, movies or games or television choosing to remove scenes of plane crashes, or falling towers after 9/11.

I fully believe it's a sensitivity issue, rather then any kind of "Rating" issue.

If you look at the design of the gun in the clips, it's super obvious that they're still designed to look like machine guns, rather then Gunk Guns, they even have super intense gunsmoke coming out of the gun muzzle.

I will bet you ANYTHING that they were originally going to give the Twilight Harbor Gnrocs the Pinstripe treatment with their machine guns/assault rifles, and then Santa Fe happened, and they decided: "No. This just doesn't feel in good taste..." and quickly changed the ammunition.

I honestly, truly, DEEPLY believe this ISN'T going to be an issue across the whole game in terms other guns, or canons, or swords and the like. I really think it's just an issue with this one particular gun in this one particular level, as a mater of sensitivity for recent (and technically ongoing) events and tragedy.

Maybe I'll get proven wrong as more footage gets shown, but for now, this is what I'm 100% convinced is going on.
---
#2885 Posted: 02:25:13 23/06/2018
Yeah, North America has been in the worst run of mass shootings in history. Releasing a kids game with realistic guns that shot bullets is entirely out of taste with all that's happened. Its best to avoid the controversy entirely rather than risk anything. Its the only thing really relating to guns in the series, so it will probably be one of few changes. I am still convinced they're going to change Bombo tho
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:27:20 23/06/2018 by Bionichute
#2886 Posted: 12:26:29 23/06/2018
Well, this is interesting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Har...394708344999937

Keep in mind that while the game is being accidentally sold earlier than planned, the patch is most likely still going to be released on the official release day, the 29th.
While I doubt this will remove the trailer from the Switch version, there is still a chance it might actually change it with something else, like a different trailer or perhaps even a demo.

I’d still wait a couple more days, but if the trailer remains and the Switch logo is shown at the end of it then I guess it’s safe to say the Reignited Trilogy will head there as well, eventually.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:00 23/06/2018 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2887 Posted: 16:15:19 23/06/2018
Quote: Drek95
Well, this is interesting:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Har...394708344999937

Keep in mind that while the game is being accidentally sold earlier than planned, the patch is most likely still going to be released on the official release day, the 29th.
While I doubt this will remove the trailer from the Switch version, there is still a chance it might actually change it with something else, like a different trailer or perhaps even a demo.

I’d still wait a couple more days, but if the trailer remains and the Switch logo is shown at the end of it then I guess it’s safe to say the Reignited Trilogy will head there as well, eventually.

Reading the reddit link's comments, I'm not so sure it's genuine.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2888 Posted: 03:45:34 25/06/2018
so when are we getting HD dr. shemp
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#2889 Posted: 09:26:47 25/06/2018
No idea, but I’m confident we’ll get him eventually.
We always get the Shemp. smilie

Looking back at how Spyro’s trailer is handled now in the N. Sane Trilogy, I wonder if it’s because the original code now unlock either a new one or something more.
Or maybe it’s just because the actual code could only be inserted in the PlayStation, so they didn’t want to find other combinations for the various systems.
Only 4 days left before we know.

Also, for today’s episode of “useless comparisons”, this image of Tree Tops posted in the Gallery shows a much closer skybox to the original one than the one seen in the demo:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I love the current sky, but I think it would work a million times better for Wizard Peak.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:40:33 25/06/2018 by Drek95
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2890 Posted: 14:17:17 25/06/2018
Numskull revealed and are giving away a Spyro keychain! https://twitter.com/NumskullDe...198643360141312

[User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#2891 Posted: 17:00:40 25/06/2018
Quote: Clank
Numskull revealed and are giving away a Spyro keychain! https://twitter.com/NumskullDe...198643360141312

[User Posted Image]

WANT.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#2892 Posted: 19:37:43 25/06/2018
It feels like it's been a few days since we've gotten any stuff directly from TfB/the Spyro Twitter. I'm dying over here man. Hopefully this means they have like a really big Spyro 2 trailer lined up.
First | Previous | Page 58 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me