darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 55 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2701 Posted: 20:25:50 12/06/2018
Regarding Artisans and Magic Crafters’ themes, I absolutely agree that they sounded really weak and empty, but someone on Twitter pointed out that these are most likely dynamic versions heard when you go inside the tunnels or the castle before the pier.
You can tell it because Tree Tops’ music sounded just as weaker but we know that isn’t the case in-game unless you are inside the trees themselves.

And yeah, from what I could tell the first game’s title theme sounded incredible.
Really can’t understand how many people say the soundtrack is disapointing, I don’t want Stewart Copeland’s exact same scores, I want themes inspired by them but able to fit the new aesthetics and style.

The only thing I’d want from Sunny Flight is a more aquamarine sky.
The rest is... *sigh*... soooo beautiful.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#2702 Posted: 20:29:24 12/06/2018
damn the new dragons are thicc
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2703 Posted: 20:32:50 12/06/2018
Is it bad that I'm most excited to see all the new dragon elder designs?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#2704 Posted: 20:39:03 12/06/2018
Lots of stuff dropped today, which was super exciting! I have some hot opinions though.

What I liked:
  • The voice acting is awesome. I know some people are iffy on it, but I think it's very faithful to the original on terms of the accents the dragons have.
  • Speaking of the dragons... I adore their redesigns more each time they reveal a new one. So unique and full of life compared to the original. Lyle and Nevin are my favorites thus far.
  • The levels are beautiful! The lighting makes such a massive difference it's not even funny. I love how the light of the moon in Tree Tops is reflected off the metal chests.
  • The redesigned Spring and Propeller Chests are extremely creative and look great. I love how you can see the gem inside the latter one before you actually destroy it!
  • Toasty and Sunny Flight's music
  • How Toasty's music picks up when you battle him is EXACTLY how I envisioned the fight being as a kid, so I'm super pleased about that.
  • The way all of the characters are animated is so full of life.
  • Sound effects are really satisfying, with some of them being indistinguishable from the original.
  • Their way of slipping concept art into the game without breaking immersion was super clever. We get to see Autumn Plains too!

What I disliked:
  • The music in Artisans and Magic Crafters. Especially the latter. I literally could not recognize it and I really hope that it's just a placeholder. I'm eh on Tree Tops, but I've always felt that way about the music there so nothing new. [EDIT]: Listening closer, the beginning part of Magic Crafters' actually does sound like the old one. But the interior track is... odd still. Surely it should at least be similar? Either way, I'm a little less worried about that and I hope we can actually get a better listen of it. Reckon I judged it too quickly.
  • I doubted it at first but now that we've seen more footage I definitely think there's something up with the hitboxes. At one point in the Toasty footage, Spyro is facing away from a dog when flaming yet still somehow kills it.
  • Other than the cave with the chests in it, Sunny Flight looks odd to me. The water seems way too dark given the lighting and I do really miss the starry sky. Maybe I'll warm up to it eventually.

I'm also a little disappointed that we didn't get another trailer, but I do firmly believe that it won't be too long until that happens anyway.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:32 12/06/2018 by Clank
tea Red Sparx Gems: 23
#2705 Posted: 20:59:06 12/06/2018
So based on the IGN interview we're not going to get anything new at E3, as they're only focusing on what they've brought. The interviewer tried to press for information about voice actors and if the game was coming to switch, but the guy he was interviewing (sorry, didn't get a name because I tuned in a little late smilie ) repeated the same thing as Paul Yan from yesterday which is that they're "not talking about anything else right now".
Edit: forgot to say, the IGN interview confirmed that the TfB team is still working on the game and tweaking some stuff, and also listening to fans, so that explains why we've seen some changes between trailer releases and screenshots.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:03:23 12/06/2018 by tea
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2706 Posted: 20:59:55 12/06/2018
So if understand this correctly, each ost will now have more than one version because they'll be dynamic?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2707 Posted: 21:04:26 12/06/2018
Quote: tea
So based on the IGN interview we're not going to get anything new at E3, as they're only focusing on what they've brought. The interviewer tried to press for information about voice actors and if the game was coming to switch, but the guy he was interviewing (sorry, didn't get a name because I tuned in a little late smilie ) repeated the same thing as Paul Yan from yesterday which is that they're "not talking about anything else right now".
Edit: forgot to say, the IGN interview confirmed that the TfB team is still working on the game and tweaking some stuff, and also listening to fans, so that explains why we've seen some changes between trailer releases and screenshots.

and I have a link to the interview?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2708 Posted: 21:11:16 12/06/2018
Regarding the host, I just noticed the the rythm of Tree Tops’ theme gets a little more energic with percussions as you supercharge, though instead of adding already present instruments to an impoverished soundtrack they simply add more over the original one.

The other instances of dynamic music I’ve heard so far are Toasty’s build up to the boss battle, which fits so well I’m almost sure it was in Insomniac’s original plans, and the music getting toned down a bit when inside a building or cave.
Artisans and Magic Crafters’ b-rolls most likely featured the latter, which wasn’t even in-game as it continued despite the video cuts.

Glad to hear confirmation TfB is indeed still tweaking the game and listening to criticism, especially since they seem to be able to tell constructive advices apart from nostalgia-fueled nitpicks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:12:46 12/06/2018 by Drek95
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2709 Posted: 21:22:29 12/06/2018
Does anyone know if the Artisans music in the B-roll is only temporary beta music? There are a lot of people in comment sections complaining about it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:28:24 12/06/2018 by Hardback247
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#2710 Posted: 21:33:13 12/06/2018
Here's a video of some other areas:

---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#2711 Posted: 21:38:31 12/06/2018
Woooow, the Gem Thief Gnorc changed a lot.

I preferred it from how it looked before, but it fits better with the other Gnorcs now.
Loving how scared ghe Artisans look in certain parts, by the way, it’s soo authentic to the original game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#2712 Posted: 21:50:34 12/06/2018
OMG, so much new footage! Love it all! I really don't care about the music being a bit different, I love it! Toasty's great, Treetops is great, Sunny Flight's great! I love hearing Tom Kenny's lines as Spyro so far. The one thing I'm bummed out, it looks like the Gnorc Commandos aren't using machine guns anymore, rather goo guns. Is Dr. Krankcase working with Gnasty Gnorc?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:50:57 12/06/2018 by SpcePirateMnky
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8936
#2713 Posted: 21:53:07 12/06/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
New gameplay!

A little observation I made, when Spyro crashes into the water in Sunny Flight, he does that "Drat!" animation he does in RR and YotD instead of drowning. I wonder if that implies that he'll be able to swim in some areas now? Probably not, but it's something to think about.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2714 Posted: 21:59:33 12/06/2018
Quote: SpcePirateMnky
The one thing I'm bummed out, it looks like the Gnorc Commandos aren't using machine guns anymore, rather goo guns.

Yeah, I called them getting censored from the moment this game got announced.

I honestly don't mind too much, the commando's machine guns were certainly kinda a jump in tone compared to the other parts of the game.

And I imagine that with the fact that there's been quite a bit or IRL gun incidences this year might have also played a part in them deciding to change it.

Now the one thing I WOULD mind is if they decide to remove all instances of the word "kill" in the game, that... would be too excessive...
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#2715 Posted: 22:01:30 12/06/2018
You knew they'd censor the machine guns. You just knew it.
BUT, I would be utterly bummed if they censor the gnorc butts though.
---
I draw stuff.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2716 Posted: 22:08:38 12/06/2018
Quote: Bolt
You knew they'd censor the machine guns. You just knew it.
BUT, I would be utterly bummed if they censor the gnorc butts though.

pun??
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2717 Posted: 22:17:32 12/06/2018
I'm sure you all know that feeling when you've played a game so many times, that you wish you could go back to when you weren't an expert at it. I'm getting that feeling playing Spyro 1 again, and it's now so easy for me to do things I didn't know how to do for years.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:24 12/06/2018 by Hardback247
#2718 Posted: 22:49:04 12/06/2018
did anybody else notice when spyro entered a tunnel in sunny flight the music went a bit more echoy?
#2719 Posted: 22:50:16 12/06/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I honestly don't mind that they censored the guns in Twilight Harbor. Like, it was cool in the original game, but it was also kind of jarring in a way, even in a world based on machinery.

You also have to remember that Spyro 1 came out the year before Columbine, and shootings are a hot and controversial subject these days especially. If anything, it probably would have pushed it more towards a Teen rating than anything.

I also kind of like the paint better, ngl.

the new crash got away with guns by replacing the bullets with tiny rockets
#2720 Posted: 22:52:16 12/06/2018
I really miss the 90s
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#2721 Posted: 22:56:15 12/06/2018
I'm liking a lot of what I see, but some things are nagging me:

Some of the music is very eh. Artisans, Magic Crafters, and Tree Tops in particular.

Also I kind of expected it, but I'm dissapointed in the change for Twilight Harbor. If you couldn't use guns with bullets, why not guns with bolts? A subtle reference to Ratchet & Clank at the same time. Sucks, because Twilight Harbor is one of my favorite levels in Spyro 1. Who knows, maybe a modder will mod the PC version when that's eventually announced.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:26 12/06/2018 by JCW555
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2722 Posted: 23:35:16 12/06/2018
I dislike the Toasty theme. It's too upbeat and laid back. The original had a much more ominous tone to it as a boss theme should. Also the thief noise isn't right either.
#2723 Posted: 00:00:29 13/06/2018
[User Posted Image]

Here's the dragon bust paintings from the Toasty level that I managed to snag from some of the demo footage, if anyone's curious.

First tease of the Dream Weavers breed?
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2724 Posted: 00:02:16 13/06/2018
Second one doesn't seem to fit the rest, they might be from another homeworld.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2725 Posted: 00:08:11 13/06/2018
I think that one might be an Artisan, actually. He has similar horns to Nevin, and his color makes me think of Gavin or Argus.
---
#2726 Posted: 00:26:41 13/06/2018
So, if the first is aither Boldar or Altair, then I guess the third one doesn’t have distinct Magic Crafters’ features as far as I can tell.
I think he’s either a Dream Weaver or a Beast Maker, going for the former based on the colors.

The fourth painting depicts a staff of some kind (unless they are very odd horns with a magical orb in the middle) and the last one should be Nevin.

The blue one feels like a Beast Maker face-wise, but I honestly can’t really base my guesses off the old models too much seeing what they did with some of them.
Is there another bulky blue dragon with frills and Beast Makers features in the game?
Otherwise he may truly be either Gavin or Argus.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:54 13/06/2018 by Drek95
#2727 Posted: 00:34:30 13/06/2018
The more I look at it, the more I think the third one is Lateef.

[User Posted Image]

(Big snout horns are also a Dream Weaver trait)

The only blue Beast Makers are in Ice Cavern, and the only bulky one is Ragnar, who is a much, much lighter blue. But who knows? We know that TFB is happily taking design liberties, so it could be him for all we know *Shrugs*
---
#2728 Posted: 00:48:32 13/06/2018
I think you are right, you can kinda make out his basic design from the concept art if you ignore certain artistic liberties.

As for the blue one, I think you confused Peace Keepers with Beast Makers.
Ragnar is probably going to have the same peanut body as Nestor and Nevin, perhaps a slightly bulkier version, judging by his original look.
I was thinking more about this kind of body structure:

[User Posted Image]

But certain facial features do remember me of the Artisans.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2729 Posted: 00:50:39 13/06/2018
I think that the Beast Makers dragon there is Bruno, it's just that the drawing itself has blue lighting.

[User Posted Image]
---
#2730 Posted: 00:58:13 13/06/2018
Quote: Drek95

As for the blue one, I think you confused Peace Keepers with Beast Makers.

D'OH! That's reading comprehension for ya I'D

Aaaah, Beast Makers... Well, the glitched/alternate version of Cleetus in Twilight Harbor is kinda blue... A really, really, really light greenish blue.

Claude's kinda a purple-blue (And also has white horns to boot)

Aaannnd Bubba could be considered a very dark grey-blue if you... squint hard enough.
---
#2731 Posted: 01:11:36 13/06/2018
Ragnar might be yellow like his SL incarnation too, so we might not be looking at him either. IF they follow anythig from AHT, because I believe we have yet to see any of the Elders that were also in that game.

For those who don't remember, it's Tomas, Titan, Magnus and Astor, with Ragnar only appearing in the sequel.

Let's not forget that there's an elder named Elder in Season of Flame. What a name.

*whispers* justice for Cho Lei
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:14:02 13/06/2018 by Bifrost
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#2732 Posted: 05:32:00 13/06/2018
After getting a good listen at the music, I hate how muted it sounds and it feels like all the ompf just isn't there.

That seems to be the trend with remake soundtracks, sadly.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2733 Posted: 05:43:52 13/06/2018
While I adore the original score, I kinda like how chill Reignited’s music is. It’d be cool to be able to switch between the two soundtracks.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2734 Posted: 06:13:44 13/06/2018
Quote: Hardback247
I'm sure you all know that feeling when you've played a game so many times, that you wish you could go back to when you weren't an expert at it. I'm getting that feeling playing Spyro 1 again, and it's now so easy for me to do things I didn't know how to do for years.

I agree. Unless they somehow upped the difficulty in the remakes, I’ll probably be able to beat each game within a day or two.

Plus, this might be the first game where I get all the PSN trophies for.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:15 13/06/2018 by alicecarp
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2735 Posted: 10:54:32 13/06/2018
Quote: Razz
While I adore the original score, I kinda like how chill Reignited’s music is. It’d be cool to be able to switch between the two soundtracks.

THIS!
#2736 Posted: 12:01:00 13/06/2018
I personally really really like the new musics, because I think they perfectly capture the spirit of the originals while sounding fresh and more in line with TfB’s reimagination, but an option for the classic soundtracks would be great.

Don’t see it happening, unfortunately.
As much as the developers are trying to stay as faithful as possible to the source material, and as much as long-time fans are going to cry when re-visiting their childhood’s locations, I think both the N. Sane Trilogy and the Reignited one have the clear objective of appealing to the new generations.
They must serve as a way to move both franchises forward with a clear idea of what people like about them in the first place, and reusing the exact same score (because companies don’t seem to like options nowadays) wouldn’t seem like a step in the right direction.

I’m already super impressed by how they managed to use original sound effects here and there, but I hope they don’t overdo them.
The thief’s laugh is slightly different but I think it’s perfectly fine, and so are other effects I heard in the demo.
Just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s bad or inferior.

Now that the hype for these remakes is settling a bit (until they show the second game, of course) I’m starting to get excited about where TfB will take Spyro in the future.
Just thinking about brand new games makes me extremely thrilled!

And speaking of Gateway to Glimmer, Rocksteady just said there will be a very special announcement by the end of the E3 most likely regarding their Superman game, so I guess there’s still a chance they will reveal the second game before the event ends.
I mean... I would be kind shocked if they didn’t, to be completely true.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2737 Posted: 12:43:30 13/06/2018
I just noticed all the dragons in Tree Tops have a Creole accent. That’s cool. I like that.
#2738 Posted: 18:11:02 13/06/2018
has anything been confirmed about the FPS? i saw on some gameplay vids its running at 60 but is this for all version or just for pro and xbox s?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2739 Posted: 19:12:53 13/06/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
has anything been confirmed about the FPS? i saw on some gameplay vids its running at 60 but is this for all version or just for pro and xbox s?

I swear it looked 30 FPS with motion blur to me. Don't ever think TfB has managed a 60 FPS game.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#2740 Posted: 20:42:42 13/06/2018
I personally don't really want the old soundtracks, because I feel as though it clashes with the new visuals quite a bit and it's questionable whether they will be able to get the tracks in high quality. I actually love quite a few of what we've heard on terms of new music so far. Stone Hill and the snippet we got of the Opening Theme especially sound amazing. But something like the Magic Crafters' interior theme that doesn't even vaguely sound like the original TUNE of the music is really iffy to me. Dynamic music isn't even inherently bad, but the only usage of it I've liked is in Toasty and how the music picks up when you use the supercharge in Tree Tops. I really don't think it's necessary to make things quiet every time you enter any building, or to play drums every single time Spyro charges. It's just super off-putting to me based on watching the footage. Maybe I'll feel different when I'm actually playing it, however.

Also, while I definitely adore everything besides the music and a few minor nitpicks, I really hope they do show some stuff from 2 soon. I'm feeling a little burned out on the first game to be completely honest, maybe unless they show Dream Weavers stuff.
---
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#2741 Posted: 21:18:53 13/06/2018
When a PC version is inevitably announced and released, someone WILL make a mod to restore the original soundtrack. Guaranteed.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/SpyroUnive...009350655840257

TFB have confirmed that there is an option to use classic controls for the camera.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:17 13/06/2018 by JCW555
#2742 Posted: 22:00:45 13/06/2018
Other things that they announced, from the same source (Rooster Teeth's interview with TFB):

-Confirmed Gregg Berger as Hunter, Ripto, and others.
-QUESTION: "Will there be female dragons?" ANSWER: "We wanna leave some surprises."
-Mentioned sculptor, musician, and barista dragons in the Artisans world.
-QUESTION: "Is there a time period we can expect to see Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer and Year of the Dragon?" ANSWER: "I am... not talking about that today, but that is a great question."
-QUESTION: "Will there be additional content? Cutscenes, challenges, stuff like that?" ANSWER: "There's... some secrets we wanna keep, and there's some stuff we can't talk about."

I paraphrased some of it, but this is basically it.
---
#2743 Posted: 22:22:13 13/06/2018
There's a heck of a lot they can talk about, huh?
None the less, thank you for sharing! Hopefully we won't get let down by any surprises, or lack thereof!
---
I draw stuff.
#2744 Posted: 22:50:12 13/06/2018
Seems like they did a 180 from their "we're not changing the game AT ALL", which is nice. Female dragons PLEASE those designs are so good already
---
#2745 Posted: 23:51:34 13/06/2018
If I had to guess, female dragons could possibly be shown in the opening cutscene on YOTD.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:49 13/06/2018 by ECDT1089
First | Previous | Page 55 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me