darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 48 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2351 Posted: 13:00:17 19/05/2018
Yeah, of course they criticize non-finalized screenshots which we are not even sure are taken from the current version of the game, instead of concept arts which will hopefully reflect the final product.

Just like with Crash, concept art aside.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#2352 Posted: 14:34:59 19/05/2018
concept art are generally better than the real even when finalized
---
THE END IS NEAR
#2353 Posted: 16:24:39 19/05/2018
Usually yes, but there’s a difference between looking better and lacking key features which were there in an artwork based on an old model.

I already imagine the Dark Hollow room to be a bit brighter than how it appears in the concept art, but I assume there will still be the same bright colors in basically the same position and amount.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4229
#2354 Posted: 23:59:27 19/05/2018
I genuinely can't get over how amazing the concept art for Dark Hollow looks. They took a level that already looked beautiful (taking into consideration that this was PS1) and added onto the aesthetic in a very fitting way. It's not in your face and it makes sense considering that the Artisans are meant to be smart dragons that are into poetry. I'm just hoping that they didn't deviate too much from it in the final product.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2355 Posted: 01:41:47 20/05/2018
I agree, don’t think I’ve expressed enough how much I appreciate the fact they are making each level feel even more like it’s inhabited by a certain tribe of dragons with their own culture.
Dark Hollow looking like a paceful and cozy open-air library, Peace Keepers’ World having war-themed assets and High Caves looking even more whimsical and unreal in terms of architecture are all “proofs” of this idea.

Speaking of additions, this video made me ponder:

I never really considered that door to be anything more than just a cool decoration, but have to admit I’d love to explore that courtyard from the second and third games’ intro and maybe get to re-encounter some or all the Elders and talk a bit with them about the previous adventures.
A gallery woukd be great as well but honestly visiting that area would be like a childhood dream came true (inside another one smilie).

Credits to Jordan Fringe, of course, his genuine hype always makes me remember why I’m so incredibly happy about Spyro’s return.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:43:55 20/05/2018 by Drek95
#2356 Posted: 15:08:34 20/05/2018
From the moment I saw it I've had the sneaking suspicion that the door is something, especially if you look at it in comparison to all the other doorways that we can see in Artisans. The golden border is the same, but they all have dark blue gems at the top of them. Conversely, not only does that door have a red gem on top, but it's really shiny and bright. The door itself stands out like a sore thumb against the environment as well. I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't do anything with it considering just how emphasized it appears.

I personally think the most likely theory is infinite superflame in every game. It would also be cool if they included something like the Insomniac Museum.

Or maybe Falcon McBob is trapped behind that door? smilie
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#2357 Posted: 15:18:33 20/05/2018
Quote: Clank
From the moment I saw it I've had the sneaking suspicion that the door is something, especially if you look at it in comparison to all the other doorways that we can see in Artisans. The golden border is the same, but they all have dark blue gems at the top of them. Conversely, not only does that door have a red gem on top, but it's really shiny and bright. The door itself stands out like a sore thumb against the environment as well. I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't do anything with it considering just how emphasized it appears.

I personally think the most likely theory is infinite superflame in every game. It would also be cool if they included something like the Insomniac Museum.

Or maybe Falcon McBob is trapped behind that door? smilie

Infinite Superflame sounds great, but I also hope we get Flight too.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2358 Posted: 17:27:48 20/05/2018
What if the door is just there for aesthetic purposes?
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2359 Posted: 18:34:34 20/05/2018
Then I would be very sad and disappointed. ;;

But really, I prefer his first theory the most, and I think it should be something special that unlocks once you've completed 100% of every game. I don't care what's in there as long as it's cool (mostly hoping for free flight!), but it should be the very last thing that becomes unlocked, imo.
The gallery idea is nice too, but if it includes your progress form all three games' then that means you'll have to leave the second or third game each time you want to view the gallery. Unless they've included an equivalent in each game's first hubworld.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2360 Posted: 19:24:37 20/05/2018
I’m personally not setting up my expectations for any kind of new content.
I think remaking all three games is already an unimaginably hard feat, so I won’t ask for abything outside of what’s already there (even if it were something small like permanent Superflame or free flight).

That being said I do hope for something extra which was either cut from the originals or completely imagined by TfB themselves, even though I think DLCs would be mor likely than content being there from Day One.

Nice catch with the colors of the gems, Clank, it does feel like something more than a decoration now that I’ve looked at it more carefully.
Still inclined to belive it will be related to the first game’s completion only, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:04:58 20/05/2018 by Drek95
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#2361 Posted: 19:26:30 20/05/2018
I think the people wanting free flight in these games are gonna be disappointed. YMMV on if the superflame makes Spyro 2 too easy, but free flight would render any platforming challenge these games have reduced to nothing.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:38 20/05/2018 by JCW555
#2362 Posted: 19:28:03 20/05/2018
Quote: JCW555
I think the people wanting free flight in these games are gonna be disappointed. YMMV on if the superflame makes Spyro 2 easy, but free flight would render any platforming challenge these games have reduced to nothing.

But by then the game would have already been beaten, but still, i see your point.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2363 Posted: 19:37:35 20/05/2018
Yeah, it's all really just hopes at this point, and I won't be disappointed if nothing comes of the door in the end, haha. Honestly, as Drek said, I'm not really expecting it to be too much, if anything at all considering all the work they had to do to remake three games from the ground up!

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: JCW555
I think the people wanting free flight in these games are gonna be disappointed. YMMV on if the superflame makes Spyro 2 easy, but free flight would render any platforming challenge these games have reduced to nothing.

But by then the game would have already been beaten, but still, i see your point.

Mmmmm, yeah, this is basically my stance on free flight too. cx
---
I draw stuff.
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2364 Posted: 20:39:33 20/05/2018
Quote: Drek95
I agree, don’t think I’ve expressed enough how much I appreciate the fact they are making each level feel even more like it’s inhabited by a certain tribe of dragons with their own culture.
Dark Hollow looking like a paceful and cozy open-air library, Peace Keepers’ World having war-themed assets and High Caves looking even more whimsical and unreal in terms of architecture are all “proofs” of this idea.

Speaking of additions, this video made me ponder:

I never really considered that door to be anything more than just a cool decoration, but have to admit I’d love to explore that courtyard from the second and third games’ intro and maybe get to re-encounter some or all the Elders and talk a bit with them about the previous adventures.
A gallery woukd be great as well but honestly visiting that area would be like a childhood dream came true (inside another one smilie).

Credits to Jordan Fringe, of course, his genuine hype always makes me remember why I’m so incredibly happy about Spyro’s return.

For that matter what's under the hatch in Hurricos?
#2365 Posted: 22:52:25 20/05/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
For that matter what's under the hatch in Hurricos?

You’ll have to be a bit more specific, I do remember a hatch in Hurricos but can’t be too sure about anything else.
Was it in the part where you had to stop the generator, perhaps?
I know you were orobably just joking on how this whole “door discussion” could be a bit pointless, but I’m honestly curious now.

By the way, free flight wouldn’t be my biggest desire either but I can see why other would want it.
A lot of levels in the original had sooo many details you couldn’t properly reach or see, and now we could access them in enhanced graphics.
Think about flying between the branches in Tree Tops, or soaring around Fireworks Factory’s towers.
Of course there would be limitations both in terms of altitude and horizontal distance, but I do believe this could help enjoy each location even more (especially if they keep the degree of faithfulness they seem to be aiming for).

Again, not what I’d ask for but I’d sure be glad to have it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2366 Posted: 23:37:18 20/05/2018
I get that free flight wouldn't be the most necessary addition to the games, but it's always something that I've really wanted after spending hours in Cloud Spires and Super Bonus Round flying about with the free flight power up as a kid. ;p
I wouldn't be disappointed if they don't include it, and I don't really expect them to ... it's just a little hope of mine!
Also, I feel like DotD's free flight was a huge cop out.
---
I draw stuff.
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#2367 Posted: 00:46:47 21/05/2018
^Agreed.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#2368 Posted: 01:58:42 21/05/2018
Sure, modeling the levels should have been done with that in mind, if they implemented it.
They would have probably had to make every asset solid and avoid the see-through situations which happened in the PS1 games.

And certain levels would have to be “extented” so they don’t look like floating islands: for example a wider sea around Artisans‘ World and Stone Hill, more desert in Scorch and more hills in various locations.
To be fair you can kinda see a similar situation with the remade Dark Hollow and its vast hills, but we still haven’t seen much of it despite all the times they’ve shown it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#2369 Posted: 09:04:14 21/05/2018
I think it would be way more interesting if behind the door is just like a mini Toys for Bob museum, maybe show casing how they built the game, I also would be welcome to superflame, because that power-up is quite satisfying in my opinion. Free flight on the other end is game breaking. Unless they can find a way of making Spyro not fly out of bounds, or too far away from the level, then I guess it's fine, but I think it would only be good to explore the levels in a different way, and even then, it would make the levels way too easy, and the fun would go away pretty quickly, Superflame on the other hand does make the game a lot easier, but it's not game breaking. It just makes certain tasks a lot easier than before, like trying not to get hit in the Crush and Gulp boss battles, etc.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#2370 Posted: 09:24:20 21/05/2018
There wouldn’t really be levels to break in case it was a 100+% completion reward for all three games, and it could still be an option in case you’d want to play regularly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2371 Posted: 16:07:19 21/05/2018
https://twitter.com/OriginalFu...6917453824?s=19

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:32 21/05/2018 by Bryman04
#2372 Posted: 17:05:47 21/05/2018
I’ve always wanted to buy a Funko Pop!, but never found one which really stole my heart.
I think that time has finally come.

Loving Spyro, but yeah, Sparx looks... Creepy.
Funny that his face is closer to his original design than the one he has in the Reignited Trilogy, yet makes him look like a soulless frog.

Now give us Ripto!
He’s arguably the most recurring and iconic villain in the Classic series, so I guess he could make it if Cortex did.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2373 Posted: 17:57:40 21/05/2018
Yikes! Sparx is gonna haunt my nightmares...

Spyro himself is so tempting though. I've never bought a Funko Pop! either, the eyes are usually terrifying. They're not so bad here.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#2374 Posted: 08:58:03 22/05/2018
Definitely going to get him they should make more Spyro pops Crash got 7 !!
I’ve always wanted figures of Elora and The Professor those would look really nice...I imagine that ripto would also look very nice and detailed...Hunter would be simple and kind of boring a flocked variant would make him stand out a lot more or at least have him in a double pack with Bianca.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:58:35 22/05/2018 by KingMed
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#2375 Posted: 10:00:38 22/05/2018
Spyro looks cute, Sparx looks like a baby frog lol.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2376 Posted: 10:12:53 22/05/2018
Goddammit another pop to add to my collection. I'm hoping they have a Spyro and Crash one. c:

I've always thought they were cute collectors things, never got the 'cringe' or hate. Currently have 7.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2377 Posted: 10:47:26 22/05/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
Goddammit another pop to add to my collection. I'm hoping they have a Spyro and Crash one. c:

I've always thought they were cute collectors things, never got the 'cringe' or hate. Currently have 7.

I mean, sometimes they look ugly. I don’t think they’re inherently bad, just not my cup of tea most of the time.

That being said, I own 4.
#2378 Posted: 12:01:17 22/05/2018
Spyro and Sparx reunited yay
---
#2379 Posted: 18:32:17 22/05/2018
I only resort to them if there is absolutely no other (affordable) available merch to me at the time.
I think I'd much rather go with Numskull because their designs so far look more faithful to the Reignited model without being overly chibi-fied ... and they like, have actual eyes, ;p

However, Spyro's pop does look pretty cute!
They're just not my cup of tea, I suppose.
---
I draw stuff.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2380 Posted: 19:10:15 22/05/2018
New lil Spyro animation

Give me da gameplay!!!
#2381 Posted: 23:27:14 22/05/2018
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

No ones posted it here yet, but here's a suspected preview of the new cover?
---
I draw stuff.
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#2382 Posted: 23:37:39 22/05/2018
absolutely yes. If you notice behind Spyro there are three divided environments.
It is clearly the definitive coverart
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
#2383 Posted: 23:51:39 22/05/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
New lil Spyro animation

Give me da gameplay!!!

Apparently it’s from Misty Bog!
I thought it was Terrace Village at first, because I think these colors arent quite the same as the ones in other screenshots or the trailer, but after looking at the ruins, the huts and the wooden palisade I think it’s definitely that level.

Have to say I love how they interpreted Spyro’s fire breath; looks waaay closer to the original than the straight stream of A Heros’ Tail or the sudden burst in the Legend series.

And that’s most likely a peek of the final cover art, at least Spyro’s, and it looks great!
Seems like he could have Artisans, Magic Crafters and either Twilight Harbor, Town Square or Toasty in the background judging by the color; could still be a level from the second or third game though, perhaps Magma Cone or Molten Crater.
Still hoping for a level of each game to be featured on the cover!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:42 22/05/2018 by Drek95
#2384 Posted: 00:08:06 23/05/2018
I think the new Misty Bog footage kinda proves that Toys For Bob are actively listening to critique and working on the lighting/general color scheme of the levels. The skybox there is definitely closer to orange, whereas the footage we saw in the trailer was very yellow. Also it looks like there's a little bit of fog in the background!

As for the artwork, that is extremely likely to be the new cover, especially because the Crash artwork next to it is from the N. Sane Trilogy's cover. I interpreted it as two separate levels and personally thought they were Magic Crafters' and Skelos Badlands, but looking closer I could see how the mountains in the middle could be another level.
In which case, Magic Crafters' stands as the left still, but the middle could be a bunch of levels (Crystal Glacier, Autumn Plains, maybe something from three) and the right could be Fireworks Factory or Skelos Badlands. IMO at least.
---
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2385 Posted: 09:59:39 23/05/2018
I was thinking Artisans Home, Crystal Glacier, and Molten Crater.
#2386 Posted: 10:44:50 23/05/2018
Maybe Artisans, Colossus and Buzz's Dungeon?
---
#2387 Posted: 15:34:14 23/05/2018
Spyro PVC figure confirmed!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...261366736257025

Should be cheaper and (hopefully) smaller, just like for Crash’s.

UPDATE:
Spyro’s Totaku spotted as well:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...319200224169985

There’s also a “Spyro Totaku Trilogy Pack” mentioned.
Wonder which other character from his franchise could be worth a figure.

Oh God, it’s Skylanders all over again. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:58:38 23/05/2018 by Drek95
#2388 Posted: 17:23:27 23/05/2018
Spyro Trilogy pack?

Spyro, Hunter, and maybe Ripto?
---
#2389 Posted: 18:21:02 23/05/2018
Quote: Drek95
Spyro PVC figure confirmed!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...261366736257025

Should be cheaper and (hopefully) smaller, just like for Crash’s.

UPDATE:
Spyro’s Totaku spotted as well:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Spy...319200224169985

There’s also a “Spyro Totaku Trilogy Pack” mentioned.
Wonder which other character from his franchise could be worth a figure.

Oh God, it’s Skylanders all over again. XD

Now these are what I'll be buying!

pfffft, i love the irony ;p
---
I draw stuff.
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2390 Posted: 20:28:16 23/05/2018
Something I just noticed with that cover art. Each of those colors corresponds with the main villain of the games. Green - Gnasty Gnorc, Blue - The Sorceress, Orange - Ripto. Could be a clue as to what the full art will look like, or it could just be a coincidence. It’s definitely worth noting though.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:40:25 23/05/2018 by ECDT1089
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2391 Posted: 23:05:46 23/05/2018
https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...415721397387264

[User Posted Image]
________
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2392 Posted: 00:34:50 24/05/2018
Quote: Bryman04

That's probably a metal turtle from Dark Passage, right?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:14 24/05/2018 by Hardback247
#2393 Posted: 01:00:26 24/05/2018
I knew they would have posted something along those lines as soon as I read it was World Turtle Day.

Have to say I thought those turtles were black instead of green, but looks like I was wrong (even though they were a much darker shade of green but I’m not going to start that discussion here):

[User Posted Image]

This also means that the artworks posted by TfB don’t necessarily have to be connected to the images or GIFs the Spyro profile tweets.
They just have to make sense, one way or another.

Really excited to see thir transformation, especially now they they made them looks so cute and harmless in their small form.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:01:25 24/05/2018 by Drek95
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2394 Posted: 01:15:09 24/05/2018
https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/999372840137838592

[User Posted Image]

Gamestop pre-order bonuses for Reignited and N. Sane Trillogy.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#2395 Posted: 03:05:23 24/05/2018
Devil dogs when?
When is it world dog day?
---
I draw stuff.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2396 Posted: 03:42:57 24/05/2018
Quote: Bolt
Devil dogs when?
When is it world dog day?

[User Posted Image]

According to Google, in a few months =p
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
First | Previous | Page 48 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me