darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 41 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2001 Posted: 00:09:28 13/04/2018
I'll be interested to hear what the home world themes sound like.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2002 Posted: 00:23:28 13/04/2018
I want to hear Spyro 2's homeworld themes.

And experience the big glide in Autumn Plains.

Also Dream Weaver's theme.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:24:25 13/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2003 Posted: 00:35:52 13/04/2018
I can’t wait to see Winter Tundra, Mystyc Marsh and Midnight Mountains, but it’ll take some time before we see anything from the second and third game if they follow Crash’s steps.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2004 Posted: 00:50:13 13/04/2018
Quote: Drek95
I can’t wait to see Winter Tundra, Mystyc Marsh and Midnight Mountains, but it’ll take some time before we see anything from the second and third game if they follow Crash’s steps.

My guess, maybe once (hopefully) the Switch version is announced VIA Nintendo Direct, it'll be a trailer for Ripto's Rage and then we'll get more info for it at E3, and then, maybe August, well get info on Spyro 3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2005 Posted: 05:00:11 13/04/2018
Quote: TTD
Another new screenshot:

[User Posted Image]

spyro looks awesome in this pic, lol. like, the model can't be different I guess, but something about his face looks even better than previous clips.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2006 Posted: 06:08:11 13/04/2018
i want to see evening lake ;;
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2007 Posted: 06:18:27 13/04/2018
Honestly, I can't wait to see Crystal Islands!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2008 Posted: 08:29:48 13/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

My guess, maybe once (hopefully) the Switch version is announced VIA Nintendo Direct, it'll be a trailer for Ripto's Rage and then we'll get more info for it at E3, and then, maybe August, well get info on Spyro 3

I could see Gateway to Glimmer bing part of a Nintendo Direct or a Treehouse, but I’m still unsure if that would be the first time we see its remake.
Definitely expecting to see the second game by E3 anyway, and agree on Year of the Dragon being showcased between August and the release.

Still hoping for b-rolls to be released fairly soon, because from what I’ve seen the game looks at its best when it’s shown from its actual camera angle.
Plus I want to hear some sound effects and get a better idea of the animations.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2009 Posted: 12:24:30 13/04/2018
Crystal Islands, Enchanted Towers, and Fireworks Factory are my all time favorite worlds in the entire trilogy, so I can't wait to see those. I might actually start off by playing YOTD first. And speaking of Fireworks Factory, my favorite moment from that world was defeating those twin dragons. Definitely looking forward to that!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2010 Posted: 12:39:02 13/04/2018
Charmed Ridge is one of my favourite levels in Spyro 3, I find it unique from all the other levels, and I like how it pays homeage to the first Spyro game with new mechanics thrown in here and there.

Lost Fleet however is not a level I look forward to, I don't like the way it's designed, kind of feels all over the place, and the challenges are horrible in my opinion, but that's mainly due to the controls feeling dated, so the remake could change my mind there.

Also not looking forward to the yeti race in the Super Bonus Round, now in the original there is a way to get infinite boost, but I'm gonna take a guess and say that they will fix this in the remake.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#2011 Posted: 13:01:41 13/04/2018
I’m trying not to think about that challenge, nor the balloons one in Dragon Shores, but at least they both take place in their respective game’s bonus worlds so I’ll have seen all there is to see by then.

Was looking back at some comparison screenshots (I just can’t stop doing it), and I noticed two details which made my jaw drop even lower than it already was:
- Sparx’s wings are as beautifully colored as they were in the first three games, and I just love them;
- TfB made the torches’ fire look precisely like the PS1 one.
I’ll probably never be able to emphasize my happiness about this touch enough: looking at N. Sane Trilogy I was already prepared for some rather generic but still functional 2D effect but GREAT HEAVENS it looks like they actually put extra efforts in them as well!
Might sound stupid, but to me this contributes immensely to the overall aesthetic of the levels which will have them, I’m unbelievably enthusiastic about it. smilie

Here’s the Tree Tops comparison image which shows both details:

[User Posted Image]

This makes me super excited for the Superflame look!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:08:23 13/04/2018 by Drek95
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2012 Posted: 15:13:15 13/04/2018
The levels I'm looking forward to seeing are:
Crystal Flight
Dream Weavers (I hope the colourful sky will be similar if not the same)
Dark Passage
Haunted Towers
Glimmer (As I said in a previous post, I bet the rainbow gem lamps will look beautiful)
Skelos Badlands
Crystal Glacier
Cloud Temples
Metropolis
Sunny Villa (I hope the music will be just as good if not better)
Cloud Spires
Spooky Swamp
Enchanted Towers
Fireworks Factory
Charmed Ridge
Midnight Mountain
Crystal Islands
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#2013 Posted: 15:23:12 13/04/2018
I want to see pretty much every level.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2014 Posted: 15:36:48 13/04/2018
Quote: willspyro
I want to see pretty much every level.

I want to play every level
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2015 Posted: 15:41:17 13/04/2018
I want to play the entire remake
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2016 Posted: 15:45:28 13/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
I want to play the entire remaster PLUS

Activision: FTFY
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#2017 Posted: 15:48:00 13/04/2018 | Topic Creator
I want if the remake is successfull that we get a whole new adventure,also find a second use to the old toys.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2018 Posted: 15:53:24 13/04/2018
Quote: fyra
I want if the remake is successfull that we get a whole new adventure,also find a second use to the old toys.

Yes, a new adventure with Spyro would be great, but keep the toys with Skylanders.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#2019 Posted: 15:55:37 13/04/2018
Well, it'd work if it was like BOTW if it gave you consumables and it's a nice use for the Portal(and you would only see it if you have figures and that/a Switch), but Spyro doesn't have any of the sort. Gems wouldn't be infinite until AHT I think?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:56:09 13/04/2018 by Bifrost
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2020 Posted: 16:03:37 13/04/2018
Yo, I've wanted Spyro toys since 1998. Spyro Amiibo, Skylanders figures for Reignited, just plain Spyro figures or toys, I'd buy any related to this remake.
#2021 Posted: 16:09:52 13/04/2018
I'm waiting on either the Numskull cup or purse(if they're not too pricy). That merch is looking great.
---
#2022 Posted: 16:28:00 13/04/2018
Speaking of that, what about this?

[User Posted Image]

Looks like it might simply be a cheaper figure, but for some reason the base gives me a strong Skylanders vibe.
The fact they say “it’s going to blow our minds” makes me even more suspicious about its nature.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:47 13/04/2018 by Drek95
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#2023 Posted: 16:39:12 13/04/2018
Now you mention it, the edge of the stand kinda reminds me of the Spyro's Adventure portal.
I'm thinking of saving my money and buying this figure instead of the F4F statue. Plus, it would take up less space in my room, assuming it's smaller.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:40:41 13/04/2018 by alicecarp
Skarlime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#2024 Posted: 16:51:42 13/04/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Lost Fleet however is not a level I look forward to, I don't like the way it's designed, kind of feels all over the place, and the challenges are horrible in my opinion, but that's mainly due to the controls feeling dated, so the remake could change my mind there

Please don't judge me, but Lost Fleet is probably my favorite YOTD level. I love the aesthetics and I enjoy the skateboard race. I can see where you're coming from, the challenges could benefit from improved controls, but I enjoy them despite their flaws. But yeah, I must admit the submarine challenges can get annoying, especially the second one.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2025 Posted: 16:54:11 13/04/2018
I actually didn't like Lost Fleet because of the enemies. And the cannon section.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2026 Posted: 17:00:52 13/04/2018
I'm not going to deny it, Lost Fleet has one of the worst cannon sections (if not the worst one) of the entire trilogy.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:02:21 13/04/2018 by Skarlime
#2027 Posted: 17:04:39 13/04/2018
Quote: alicecarp
Now you mention it, the edge of the stand kinda reminds me of the Spyro's Adventure portal.
I'm thinking of saving my money and buying this figure instead of the F4F statue. Plus, it would take up less space in my room, assuming it's smaller.

Yeah, would definitely choose this one over the F4F’s one for the same reason.
Yup, there’s that and the fact the whole base looks unnecessary tall, almost as if it were supposed to contain something.

Quote: Skarlime
Lost Fleet however is not a level I look forward to, I don't like the way it's designed, kind of feels all over the place, and the challenges are horrible in my opinion, but that's mainly due to the controls feeling dated, so the remake could change my mind there

Please don't judge me, but Lost Fleet is probably my favorite YOTD level. I love the aesthetics and I enjoy the skateboard race. I can see where you're coming from, the challenges could benefit from improved controls, but I enjoy them despite their flaws. But yeah, I must admit the submarine challenges can get annoying, especially the second one.

Really like Lost Fleet as well, always found its settings pretty original and unique.
It’ll be the first time we’ll get to swim in the acid since A Hero’s Tail, if I recall correctly; always wished they did more with that concept, adds a quite interesting challenge to underwater exploration.

Just really eager to see how they handled swimming in general, to be honest.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:24 13/04/2018 by Drek95
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2028 Posted: 17:06:06 13/04/2018
YotD's skateboarding sections can improve in general. i love them to death but they can be improved upon.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#2029 Posted: 17:10:04 13/04/2018

Really like Lost Fleet as well, always found its settings pretty original and unique.
It’ll be the first time we’ll get to swim in the acid since A Hero’s Tail, if I recall correctly; always wished they did more with that concept, adds a quite interesting challenge to underwater exploration.

Just really eager to see how they handled swimming in general, to be honest.

^ ^ ^
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#2030 Posted: 20:08:32 13/04/2018
[User Posted Image]
Remaster hype, our dorky boy is coming back
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#2031 Posted: 20:25:13 13/04/2018
Quote: JCW555
Our first look at Peace Keepers Homeworld.

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...492161654710272

[User Posted Image]

I love this screenshot. Looks so good.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2032 Posted: 20:30:49 13/04/2018
Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon levels are handled. Their aesthetics (while less cohesive than the first game's) are much more varied. And considering that I believe Warped's levels were the most impressive ones in the N Sane Trilogy, I have similar hopes for Reignited. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#2033 Posted: 20:44:05 13/04/2018
Quote: Razz
Yo, I've wanted Spyro toys since 1998. Spyro Amiibo, Skylanders figures for Reignited, just plain Spyro figures or toys, I'd buy any related to this remake.

I do believe that Numskull has been hinting at a toy line or some merch at least. i'm pretty sure it's inevitable that spyro gets a toy line or at least some figures, either way. crash got some, and i'm confident that spyro will, too.

did you get the first4figures statue? it was amazing...! :-)

Quote: Skarlime

I liked that level, too. I thought it was pretty cool, honestly. :-) tbh, I like the majority of the levels in Year of the Dragon, and the skateboarding levels are great to me...!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2034 Posted: 20:45:52 13/04/2018
Lost Fleet was pretty cool, yeah. I remember it feeling populated and busy, which was nice.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2035 Posted: 21:11:14 13/04/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

I do believe that Numskull has been hinting at a toy line or some merch at least. i'm pretty sure it's inevitable that spyro gets a toy line or at least some figures, either way. crash got some, and i'm confident that spyro will, too.

There's no world in which I could afford the First4Figures statue, alas. ;_; And nowhere it would fit in my house anyway. :D If they made one for Elora I'd probably put myself in debt for it, though. :D
#2036 Posted: 21:16:16 13/04/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

There's no world in which I could afford the First4Figures statue, alas. ;_; And nowhere it would fit in my house anyway. :D If they made one for Elora I'd probably put myself in debt for it, though. :D

awww, that's such a shame... you're one of the biggest spyro fans I know, you totally deserve one...! and an elora statue would be sooooo awesome, omg. I do hope if they make figures and (hopefully stuffed animals for me) that all of the lead character's will get some, at the very least...! :-)
---
#2037 Posted: 21:33:09 13/04/2018
Aww, thank you for saying that. ^_^

I'm with you about having official figures and even plushies of the main characters! I've got an ancient Spyro plush that sits proudly in a corner of my room and it'd be fun to have an Elora to go with (and a Moneybags to punch during tax season :D).
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2038 Posted: 21:56:10 13/04/2018
Spyro will probably get a figure as part of Sony's Totoya figure line.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#2039 Posted: 23:35:50 13/04/2018
Do you guys think they will keep the general geometry of the polygons to the point of allowing Spyro to reach and stand on top of buildings and other architecture?

I wouldn’t complain if they didn’t, since I mainly do that out of boredom anyway, but I guess it might be possible if they are truly staying as faithful as they say.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2040 Posted: 00:16:34 14/04/2018
My favourite world from YOTD other than Fireworks Factory is Enchanted Towers actually, mainly because I loved how they used the other playable character from that level. So I look forward to seeing what they do with that.

And as for spyro merch, I have an old small classic Spyro plush. Need to find it though. ;~;
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#2041 Posted: 00:23:23 14/04/2018
Aww, thank you for saying that. ^_^

I'm with you about having official figures and even plushies of the main characters! I've got an ancient Spyro plush that sits proudly in a corner of my room and it'd be fun to have an Elora to go with (and a Moneybags to punch during tax season :D).

you're very welcome...! i'll be real, I was very inspired by the many things you contributed to this fan base and kind of looked up to you, too. :-)

oh and yes, yes, yes, please! I hope for reasonable pricing on everything, too. i'll pay whatever to have my stuffed animals and plushies but no first4figure proce ranges , please...!

lol, exactly with moneybags.

I know i'd be getting a spyro, Bianca, hunter, and elora...!!
---
#2042 Posted: 01:54:57 14/04/2018
Oh goodness, thank you so much! ^_^ I'm still kicking around at the edges of the fandom; nothing can keep me away from this franchise for long. :) If everything goes right, my Spyro charity project thing should be out in less than a week. :)

Oh jeeze, I don't even want to imagine a stuffed animal the price of a F4F figure. o_o
#2043 Posted: 19:19:47 14/04/2018
I just randomly realized that TfB must have had the time of their life remaking Idol Springs, due to their love for tribal and tiki stuff (which by the way is already showing with the glowing decorations in Tree Tops).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:41 14/04/2018 by Drek95
TheDragonlord99 Red Sparx Gems: 90
#2044 Posted: 19:26:23 14/04/2018
I can't verify this since I found it randomly on Discord, but I figured I should share it anyway just in case. (Sorry for the gigantic image but I don't know how to make it smaller).
[User Posted Image]
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2045 Posted: 20:45:22 14/04/2018
Random ultimately unimportant question that suddenly come to mind: Do you think the remake will still have a handful of dragons that mispronounce Gnorc as "Guh-nork", or do you think they'll have everyone just say Gnorc correctly?

Or third option, do you think they'll flesh out and find a way to turn the "Guh-nork" mispronunciation into some running joke with Gnasty?
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#2046 Posted: 23:49:12 14/04/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Random ultimately unimportant question that suddenly come to mind: Do you think the remake will still have a handful of dragons that mispronounce Gnorc as "Guh-nork", or do you think they'll have everyone just say Gnorc correctly?

Or third option, do you think they'll flesh out and find a way to turn the "Guh-nork" mispronunciation into some running joke with Gnasty?

I always thought that was kinda integral to the humor of the first game. Like, nobody ever really cared about Gnasty enough to even bother knowing how to say his name (except for Spyro, of course, because Gnasty is his target and he is locked tf on).

Meanwhile, I keep imagining just how dope the twin dragons from Fireworks Factory are gonna look.
#2047 Posted: 00:03:39 15/04/2018
Seeing how they are trying to make bosses look more fearsome (looking at Toasy, at least), I guess they’ll do the same for mini-bosses or NPC enemies such as Colossus’ yeti.

Those twin dragons always looked quite frightening to me, but rather than their look I’m more curious about their “material”: they kinda acted like they were made of stone when you destroyed one of their segment, but it might have simply been a matter of PS1’s limitations.
Doubt we’d see anything gruesome of course, but maybe they’ll opt for a more realistic take with scales and such.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2048 Posted: 01:21:32 15/04/2018
Quote: Dragon Lover
Quote: spyroid101

I always thought that was kinda integral to the humor of the first game. Like, nobody ever really cared about Gnasty enough to even bother knowing how to say his name (except for Spyro, of course, because Gnasty is his target and he is locked tf on).

Meanwhile, I keep imagining just how dope the twin dragons from Fireworks Factory are gonna look.

Yeah, I know that's the general thought, but it kinda falls a bit flat when Gnasty never acknowledge it as bothering him, the dragons that mispronounce his name are greatly in the minority to the ones that say it correctly, and the fact that even the dragon that finally set Gnasty off in the interview does pronounce his name correctly.

Like, if they changed it so that more dragons mispronounced the name, and Gnasty actually brought it up and got angry at it, THEN it'd help make it work as a joke.

As it is in the original, it just kinda feels like the voice actors weren't sure themselves if the "G" was suppose to be pronounced or not at the time, and they just left the "Guh-Nork" takes in anyway.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#2049 Posted: 03:30:36 15/04/2018
Quote: TheDragonlord99
I can't verify this since I found it randomly on Discord, but I figured I should share it anyway just in case. (Sorry for the gigantic image but I don't know how to make it smaller).
[User Posted Image]

I have never been happier to to read anything ever!
First | Previous | Page 41 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me