darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 38 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1851 Posted: 22:12:02 08/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I hope they listen to constructive criticism, at least, but not to the nitpicky negative nancies and Spyro elitists. :/

This was exactly my point.

I promise I will talk about this in the next few days, I just physically can’t right now after almost 24 hours of travelling, but wouldn’t want my previous criticism to be considered some kind of nostalgic whining.

While I found Crash’s fan modified images interesting and more faithful to the original game, I also wasn’t bothered one bit by the changes when I played the game, so Spyro will basically be the same.
I won’t be bothered by the lack of minor details which I would only notice when making a direct comparison between the two versions, nor by small new touches such as garments for the dragons or more background assets.

Still, I think details which impact a whole level, such as the overall color or lighting, should be kept as closely as possible to the original because they might end up messing with its feeling.
This is why I like what they did to Misty Bog but I respectfully disagree about the current look of Beast Makers’ World.
I think it was meant to look nasty and unappealing, while now it looks more like a swamp from The Princess and The Frog; almost thought it was Spooky Swamp at a first glance.

Spyro’s color remind me of Thanos’ from Infinity War, both really influenced by the lighting apparently.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:20:00 08/04/2018 by Drek95
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#1852 Posted: 22:14:45 08/04/2018
It's just the matter of purple without complex textures I think. It's not a color that interacts well with the regular sky. It's going to look pink, dark red, and even dark orange sometimes; just the way color balance and how we percieve it goes. I think he's definately better than DOTD though where the constant orange/gold made Spyro always look hot pink; in darker levels you'll see his actual purple fine.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:16:34 08/04/2018 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1853 Posted: 22:15:26 08/04/2018
People say the only stupid question is a question not asked

Unless you are a Spyro Elitist that is
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#1854 Posted: 22:16:18 08/04/2018
yesss!!

I want Neil Ross back as Moneybags
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1855 Posted: 22:33:50 08/04/2018
I'm glad that Tree Tops doesn't look so depressing now, maybe they'll have fixed everything else about the level too?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1856 Posted: 23:21:24 08/04/2018
I absolutely agree on Tree Tops, simply gorgeous.

Another thing I noticed which makes me believe there are more unfinished stuffs than may appear at first sight, is how Nestor’s colors are quite different compared to his original ones.
Design differences are understandable, but you would think they’d at least stick to his red wings and yellow chestplate instead of switching the two.
Almost make me think he’s either not Nestor or simply still not completed.

And since we are at it, I’m also not a fan of the regular Gnorcs in Artisans’ World.
Look more like the bigger ones in Dark Hollow to me, while the gem thief is just beyond perfection and is basically the same design with a few differences, in the original game.
Quite a peculiar choice.

Those basically sums up the criticism I have towards the game so far.
Everything else excites me so much that’s basically not even worth talking about it because it would be redundant. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:26:19 08/04/2018 by Drek95
#1857 Posted: 23:26:21 08/04/2018
**** YOU, **** NATURE, AND **** TREES!!!

About 3% of people will instantly realize this is a referance

Now 100% of people will know this is a reference
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1858 Posted: 23:39:38 08/04/2018
N. Sane Trilogy just got a rather big patch but no notes on it. Did anyne notice any changes or see patch notes on other version, juuuust in case it's something to do with the cheat code?
---
#1859 Posted: 23:45:35 08/04/2018
That was the previous patch, apparently a new one dropped today. It's probably nothing, but you never know.
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#1860 Posted: 23:53:04 08/04/2018
IIRC they said the patch wouldn't roll out everywhere at once, so some countries are only getting it now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#1861 Posted: 00:01:55 09/04/2018
You know, as much as I really like Gregg Berger coming back to play Ripto... I kinda want to see some new VAs? I know the returning voice actors aren't going to give the same performances as they did back in the PS1 era, but I actually liked hearing the new/modern era VAs do their own things for N. Sane Trilogy. Like, John DiMaggio both pulling off an alright Uka Uka and a really good Tiny was great, and made it feel more distinct from the originals in a way.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#1862 Posted: 00:11:38 09/04/2018
If I don't hear John Kassir voicing at least ONE spooky person in this remaster TFB are forgetting their true selves. /s

John Kassir just has a really enjoyable voice. But if we're talking VAs that they use a lot, there's also Travis Willingham, Kevin Micheal Richardson, Fred Tatasciore, Alex Ness if he's still up for VA work, and Tom Kenny--wait he's already here.

Tom Kenny actually voices a ton of characters with some sort of quirk in the way they talk.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:13:32 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#1863 Posted: 01:34:50 09/04/2018
I think I figured out what's REALLY bothering me about Remastered Nestor, (And it's NOT the hat):

I think it's partially the fact that his horns are basically NONEXISTENT (Especially compared to the the grand golden horns being shown off on the statue), partially the fact that his face is so smooth, and lacking those distinct Artisan beard/frill, and partially because he as those black eyebrows that remind me of AHT Gnasty Gnorc.

[User Posted Image]

Just...just give him more to his face djhksagdhjs
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1864 Posted: 01:38:11 09/04/2018
OH MY GOODNESS THAT LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER.
I agree with you 100%
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1865 Posted: 02:35:23 09/04/2018
Eric Hirshberg is Spyros savior
https://twitter.com/erichirshb...152502202712069
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1866 Posted: 07:08:17 09/04/2018
Quote: spyroid101
I think I figured out what's REALLY bothering me about Remastered Nestor, (And it's NOT the hat):

I think it's partially the fact that his horns are basically NONEXISTENT (Especially compared to the the grand golden horns being shown off on the statue), partially the fact that his face is so smooth, and lacking those distinct Artisan beard/frill, and partially because he as those black eyebrows that remind me of AHT Gnasty Gnorc.

[User Posted Image]

Just...just give him more to his face djhksagdhjs

you are making these character designs much better. why are you not in charge of the art department for this game...? >:-(
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1867 Posted: 07:26:37 09/04/2018
Yeah, honestly! Just add more fluff and bigger horns! Do you think it's too late for them to change up his face a little?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1868 Posted: 07:51:00 09/04/2018
Quote: JCW555
https://twitter.com/greggberge...635120820600832

Gregg Berger has confirmed that he'd be back as Hunter and Ripto!

He also voiced the TROUBLE WITH THE TROLLEY EY bird lmao

So happy that he's back! :D

EDIT: I think Elora's voice from Spyro 3 is coming back as well according to the reddit, and Bianca's.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:53:35 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1869 Posted: 11:47:41 09/04/2018
Quote: XSparxX

I so don’t want to say this, because it will probably be taken as yet another “TfB VS V.V.” argument but... God I LOVE Toys for Bob.

This is what Spyro deserved, people passionate enough to personally care about his return and to make sure he came back in the best way possible.
Which I’m almost sure is what happened to Crash as well.

I couldn’t think of a better fate for our beloved dragon! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1870 Posted: 11:49:47 09/04/2018
What happened?

Sorry, another block on the Chromebook
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#1871 Posted: 12:01:45 09/04/2018
I think it's funny how people went from hating TFB because of Skylanders to gushing over them because of the remaster.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#1872 Posted: 12:19:29 09/04/2018
Quote: Drek95
Quote: XSparxX

I so don’t want to say this, because it will probably be taken as yet another “TfB VS V.V.” argument but... God I LOVE Toys for Bob.

This is what Spyro deserved, people passionate enough to personally care about his return and to make sure he came back in the best way possible.
Which I’m almost sure is what happened to Crash as well.

I couldn’t think of a better fate for our beloved dragon! :D

I definitely agree. There may be some questionable design choices, but that doesn't change the fact that they are doing the best they can and actually want to make this happen. Like even going as far as asking Insomniac for the all clear is amazing, because they really didn't even need to do that. I may not be a fan of what they were responsible in the past (skylanders) but the fact that they truly want to make this a thing is all I care about.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:20:15 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#1873 Posted: 12:24:06 09/04/2018
Ok, the jet-lag is doing damages, I thought Eric Hirshberg was TfB’s CEO and thus started expressing my feelings towards them.

Really happy to know he personally cared about Spyro as well, we owe him a lot then.
Thanks!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:25:43 09/04/2018 by Drek95
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1874 Posted: 12:49:18 09/04/2018
Right. Though I think it's also important that Eric try to keep Activision's behind-the-scenes meddling to a minimum. It looks like Vicarious Visions had pretty free reign to develop N. Sane Trilogy and I'm hoping Toys for Bob are afforded the same latitude, especially after Imaginators.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#1875 Posted: 12:58:23 09/04/2018
Just remembered that the Gnorcs in Dark Hollow had bloody knives in Spyro 1. I guess that's one thing they'll be changing. smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:59:23 09/04/2018 by sonicbrawler182
#1876 Posted: 13:23:02 09/04/2018
They can always change it to a ten-thousand-degree hot knife.

On Eric, I guess we know why he removed Skylanders from his twitter description back then.

Also, something I took a while to notice... Remember how Chris at TFB showed up a few months ago to assure us he was still in the team? Guess Spyro is now the new reason to look around the forums for them.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:24:20 09/04/2018 by Bifrost
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1877 Posted: 13:34:42 09/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Just remembered that the Gnorcs in Dark Hollow had bloody knives in Spyro 1. I guess that's one thing they'll be changing. smilie

[User Posted Image]

Just to let you know, I own the PAL version of Spyro 1, and the knives aren't bloody on the tips, and in Town Square, the bulls don't have blood on their horns. So they'll remove the blood that's for sure, it's interesting how Insomniac started off with a darker feel to their enemies.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#1878 Posted: 14:25:03 09/04/2018
Yeah, I was wondering if I never noticed those details before but I’m actually quite happy I never had them in my game in the first place.
I prefer scary or even unsettling designs over unnecessary bloody or crude ones.
I just don’t think they fit Spyro at all.

Looking at how they handled Toasy, I cannot wait to see Scorch or Buzz!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1879 Posted: 14:29:53 09/04/2018
Yeah, I was wondering if I never noticed those details before but I’m actually quite happy I never had them in my game in the first place.
I prefer scary or even unsettling designs over unnecessary bloody or crude ones.

Yeah, I agree with you, blood does not need to be in a Spyro game to make it dark. There are plenty of dark things in the Spyro games, like that cutscene where the Sorceress wants to rip the baby dragon's wings off, like, that's a bit crazy.

Even the boss themes, like Buzz's Dungeon is creepy and alarming to listen to.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#1880 Posted: 14:44:45 09/04/2018

I wouldn't say little details like the blood on the knives made the game dark, it just gave it a bit more of an edge compared to the typical platformer.

Stuff like that really helped sell the idea of Gnasty Gnorc being a nasty villain. The game barely did much with him besides that, so every little helps.

I grew up on the PAL version too but really liked this detail in the NTSC version when I played the games emulated.
---
#1881 Posted: 15:02:18 09/04/2018
Nah, not “dark” by any means, especially since they must be barely noticeable or even interpreted as something else with PS1 craphics.
But I think they aren’t the kind of details I’d like in my Spyro games, nor in my Crash ones.

I’d rather prefer if they relied on general character design, atmospheres and music to convey ominous feelings.

Looking at Spyro’s design, I found yet another super personal subject to nitpick about: his wings.
I like their look, but I’m not a fan of how he keeps them constantly folded and to the side of his body: I just think their flapping animation gave his character so much personality.
Pretty sure they looked the same until Skyro, though I’m a bit doubtful on his Legend design.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:09:46 09/04/2018 by Drek95
#1882 Posted: 15:21:51 09/04/2018
LoS Spyro's wings can't actually fold, both Krome and DOTD. They just flap and bend somewhat.
---
#1883 Posted: 15:23:50 09/04/2018
Nah, not “dark” by any means, especially since they must be barely noticeable or even interpreted as something else with PS1 craphics.
But I think they aren’t the kind of details I’d like in my Spyro games, nor in my Crash ones.

I’d rather prefer if they relied on general character design, atmospheres and music to convey ominous feelings.

Looking at Spyro’s design, I found yet another super personal subject to nitpick about: his wings.
I like their look, but I’m not a fan of how he keeps them constantly folded and to the side of his body: I just think their flapping animation gave his character so much personality.
Pretty sure they looked the same until Skyro, though I’m a bit doubtful on his Legend design.

He only folded his wings to the side while running in DotD IIRC, though that was understandable since he had a much larger wingspan there.
---
#1884 Posted: 17:47:01 09/04/2018
Yeah, I realized this difference exactly when I looked more carefully at his running animation.
I liked how his wings acted while he charged, they really complimented his whole design.

Also, speaking of poses, is crouching a new idle animation or is it tied to cutscenes?
Doubt it’s a move of some kind.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#1885 Posted: 18:10:04 09/04/2018
Yeah, I realized this difference exactly when I looked more carefully at his running animation.
I liked how his wings acted while he charged, they really complimented his whole design.

Also, speaking of poses, is crouching a new idle animation or is it tied to cutscenes?
Doubt it’s a move of some kind.

I think the "crouching" is just a careful freeze frame of the rolling animation.
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#1886 Posted: 18:13:08 09/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
Yeah, honestly! Just add more fluff and bigger horns! Do you think it's too late for them to change up his face a little?

matter of fact, it is never too late for them to change someone's design...! i'm not sure that they would, but it is always possible. for instance, in final fantasy 7 remake the main character, cloud, has had a set design for the last three years, however, they have just recently decided to change it before the release...!

http://www.siliconera.com/2018...osest-original/

so maybe they'll do something to some of the characters in this game, too. maybe not, but it's not impossible, lol.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#1887 Posted: 18:17:54 09/04/2018
^ FFVIIR release is unknown ... Spyros release is in 5 months. It's a different situation imo.
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#1888 Posted: 18:19:52 09/04/2018
Them doing something, like changing Sparx's pupil size to make him look less creepy is a more likely change that could happen, seeing as we'll have to see Sparx constantly in all three games.

NESTOR, on the other hand, is only seen ONCE in the first game, so they'd probably be more reluctant to use up resources to make such changes to a one-time character...

And if they DID listen to fan feedback and change Nestor, chances are that they'd probably hear larger fan outcry that just thinks removing the hat will fix everything
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
TTD Hunter Gems: 6201
#1889 Posted: 18:30:32 09/04/2018
Treetops comparison:

[User Posted Image]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#1890 Posted: 18:34:36 09/04/2018
This screenshot proves that Spyro and Sparx's color change based on lighting situations. Spyro looks purple here, rather than magenta like in the trailer.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1891 Posted: 18:35:43 09/04/2018
Liking the crystals on the pillar on the left. smilie
#1892 Posted: 18:36:30 09/04/2018
Beautiful! TfB always has a beautiful art style.
---
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#1893 Posted: 18:37:23 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Still don’t trust this now gorgeous place,it was the death of me many times.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#1894 Posted: 18:49:19 09/04/2018
Omg, guys! I just thought of something that would look breathtakingly beautiful in the remake:
[User Posted Image]
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1895 Posted: 21:20:19 09/04/2018
Quote: JCW555
This screenshot proves that Spyro and Sparx's color based on lighting situations. Spyro looks purple here, rather than magenta like in the trailer.

Wasn’t this obvious from the very beginning? Spyro was in his regular shade of purple on some of the other screenshots and parts of the trailer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:22:20 09/04/2018 by ECDT1089
#1896 Posted: 21:23:42 09/04/2018
Light interacting with their colors, as I said on the top of the page.

However, this does confirm that Sparx has blue toes since this is a new screenshot and more than enough time for someone to pick up a possible texture error. So... That's pretty weird. Maybe they'll have him fire projectiles from his hands?
---
First | Previous | Page 38 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me