darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 3 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#101 Posted: 01:46:01 02/02/2018
This is somewhat interesting...

The guy in charge of the Crash remake is currently working on an unannounced project. Did someone post this already?

https://www.christiantoday.com...make/123392.htm
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8194
#102 Posted: 01:49:13 02/02/2018
Christian today? Talking about Video games? What did Jesus make the Crash remake?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#103 Posted: 01:56:56 02/02/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Christian today? Talking about Video games? What did Jesus make the Crash remake?

spyro is an allegory for the telling of christ
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#104 Posted: 09:38:03 02/02/2018
Quote: Drek95
So, I might have stumbled upon something interesting.

Found this PlayStation forum’s topic where they discussed about a YouTube channel seemingly owned by Vicarious Visions, where they apparently teased Spyro with a banner they quickly removed and other details:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/board...tion-4/76247372

Overall nothing too exciting, especially since the author confirmed it was fake... except for one small thing.

He said that the channel was due to be updated on the 8th of February.
Keep this date in mind.

Afterwards I quickly searched for other news (Breath of the Wild can only hold back the dragon hype for so long) and came across a very short video about Shawn Layden’s teasing, particularly regarding his Twitter account:

He has apparently been teasing all the upcoming remakes by changing the handles’ color; orange for Crash, green for MediEvil (you know, zombies and horror stuff) and now, you guessed it, purple.
But that isn’t even the thing which caught my interest the most, because in the video it was also said that the 8th of February Activision would release its finantial report.
Quite a coincidence, huh?

Now, I don’t think the game will be announced outside of an important event (likely E3), but they might actually start teasing more intensively without letting us know the actual nature of the project; all they need is a “Spyro Working Title” in it, or something along those lines.
No idea, but the hype is back and I can’t stop it.

Only 7 days to go! smilie

The purple obviously is for Playstation's iconic and lovable character,
Jersey Devil
---
#all Spyros are valid
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#105 Posted: 23:10:10 02/02/2018
Either that or new Lemmings or Rayman games.

On a more “serious” note... Guys, look at the handkerchief in his pocket:

[User Posted Image]

He has already teased.

Ok, jokes aside, the lighting probably made it look more purple than it actually is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if his hint were more subtle this time.
I was reading a discussion in another forum where they rightfully pointed out how there was no precedent of a similar reveal before the whole Crash thing; now, however, people could expect them to make a similar move and they might decide to play it differently.

Regarding who could be in charge of them, not sure if the guy who directed the N. Sane Trilogy is directly related to V.V., but if he isn’t I might see him working of Spyro as well.

Finally, one last thought about popularity: I still love the original Spyro games and smile every time I play them again, but maybe they have not aged as well as the Crash ones despite the recent return in pupularity in adventure, platform and collectathon games.
Which is why I’m definitely expecting them to release remakes before venturing in more unknown territories with brand new titles, because nostalgia always pays back.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:25:00 02/02/2018 by Drek95
#106 Posted: 23:16:05 02/02/2018
I just hope that, if we get Spyro remasters, it gets a multi console release.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#107 Posted: 23:28:53 02/02/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I just hope that, if we get Spyro remasters, it gets a multi console release.

*remakes

Highly unlikely. Seeing as how Crash is still exclusive, I don't see Spyro being any different. Even if Crash does suddenly go multiplatform, Spyro would likely remain exclusive for the same amount of time.

Hahaha, twice in one day for ya, huh?

And yeah, I know that's likely the case, which sucks, but then again, I've been wanting to get a PS4 for KH, Crash and other stuff too, so if it is PS4 exclusive, it's the priority if I get one.
---
#108 Posted: 00:55:11 03/02/2018
Either that or new Lemmings or Rayman games.

On a more “serious” note... Guys, look at the handkerchief in his pocket:

[User Posted Image]

He has already teased.

Ok, jokes aside, the lighting probably made it look more purple than it actually is, but I wouldn’t be surprised if his hint were more subtle this time.
I was reading a discussion in another forum where they rightfully pointed out how there was no precedent of a similar reveal before the whole Crash thing; now, however, people could expect them to make a similar move and they might decide to play it differently.

Regarding who could be in charge of them, not sure if the guy who directed the N. Sane Trilogy is directly related to V.V., but if he isn’t I might see him working of Spyro as well.

Finally, one last thought about popularity: I still love the original Spyro games and smile every time I play them again, but maybe they have not aged as well as the Crash ones despite the recent return in pupularity in adventure, platform and collectathon games.
Which is why I’m definitely expecting them to release remakes before venturing in more unknown territories with brand new titles, because nostalgia always pays back.

lol, you never know, though. A lot of people were saying that the Crash teases meant nothing, and look just how wrong they were.

They might try something else, though, but it might be too late with all the other teases we have so far.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#109 Posted: 00:56:17 03/02/2018
What were the Crash teases?
---
#110 Posted: 01:15:27 03/02/2018
An orange twitter banner, the "accidental" reveal of the toy figure line that happened (I forget the company name, right now, I will look it up). Also his infamous Crash t-shirt. Crash appearing in different advertisements leading up to the reveal.

Also, just general rumors from "inside sources" teasing about something being in the works, but I don't think that could really count, lol.

We have gotten quite a few similar things with Spyro so far. :-)

EDIT:

It was NECA toys. The director (Randy Falk) mentioned during an interview that he was happy that sony was "bringing crash back" and they were in charge of a toyline.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:19:35 03/02/2018 by BlackNight12
#111 Posted: 01:15:52 03/02/2018
Hmm, interesting.
---
#112 Posted: 01:59:26 03/02/2018
Not to mention that all those previous hints looked “rushed” and weren’t suspicious at all, not unlike the Spyro ones.

I’m pretty sure his Legend design used in certain Facebook posts is part of this plan, just like Crash’s Titans was posted to tease him.

The only difference is that now we have a previous experience which makes us more aware of what could be happening.

EDIT:
so, Activision’s financial report conference just happened and they mentioned “looking forward to classic IPs for future games”, specifically using the term “revive”.

I know it’s not much, and I don’t have a source right now (go check out the discussion in the Skylanders General topic), but this may be our actual official sign a Spyro title is being worked on.

Expecting a full announcement at E3, at this point.

Can barely cointain the excitement, which is both good and bad at the same time. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:23:50 08/02/2018 by Drek95
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#113 Posted: 01:45:23 09/02/2018
Not to mention that all those previous hints looked “rushed” and weren’t suspicious at all, not unlike the Spyro ones.

I’m pretty sure his Legend design used in certain Facebook posts is part of this plan, just like Crash’s Titans was posted to tease him.

The only difference is that now we have a previous experience which makes us more aware of what could be happening.

EDIT:
so, Activision’s financial report conference just happened and they mentioned “looking forward to classic IPs for future games”, specifically using the term “revive”.

I know it’s not much, and I don’t have a source right now (go check out the discussion in the Skylanders General topic), but this may be our actual official sign a Spyro title is being worked on.

Can barely cointain the excitement, which is both good and bad at the same time. XD

Can I have a link to the financial report, please? I would love to see it. This is very exciting indeed. I think we're getting one. :-)
---
#114 Posted: 02:04:09 09/02/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy

EDIT:

Can barely cointain the excitement, which is both good and bad at the same time. smilie

Can I have a link to the financial report, please? I would love to see it. This is very exciting indeed. I think we're getting one. :-)

Would gladly link it, but all I was able to find were the reports themselves which actually don’t tell much about upcoming titles.

The conference is where they said that, and we know that thanks to some users which listened to it while it happened.
No idea how and if we’ll be able to listen to it oursevles, unfortunately. :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#115 Posted: 02:22:04 09/02/2018
Courtesy of the always wonderful HIHD... https://s10.postimg.org/c3mvtfko9/IMG_6269.jpg

I don't see anything about the "revival" part, though.
---
#116 Posted: 09:02:52 09/02/2018
Courtesy of the always wonderful HIHD... https://s10.postimg.org/c3mvtfko9/IMG_6269.jpg

I don't see anything about the "revival" part, though.

Because this list only regards mobile games.

TTD said they also had a video (or audio) conference of some kind where they talked about console titles, and that’s where they mentioned the revival of a classic IP.
Hopefully somebody will upload it somewhere during the next couple of days.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:22:44 09/02/2018 by Drek95
#117 Posted: 01:41:44 13/02/2018
I know we have a dedicated topic, but I felt that was more focused on speculation and potential hints rather than looking at the reasons why these remakes could actually happen and the points against them.

So here are the ones I thought about.

Why it could happen:
- N. Sane Trilogy was a huge financial (and critical, to a certain extent) success and helped Activision understand how profitable old school platformers can still be;
- this year is Spyro’s 20th birthday and I honestly can’t see Activision ignore this milestone or simply celebrate it on the socials;
- Spyro has been requested to make a return by fans just as much and for as long as Crash and we do know Activision is fully aware of this;
- we do know that Activision wants to bring classic IPs back to life, which would go well along with Sony’s recent remake politic;
- might not be as significant as the other reasons, but there are no new Skylanders games planned for the near future and I doubt they would leave Spyro unused now they they brought him bak with that series.

Why it may not happen:
- Spyro is a much more complex and elaborate trilogy than the first three Crash games, both from a ganeplay and level design point of view, so even though that isn’t enough to think I will most likely not happen (Ratchet & Clank’s remake is kinda along its lines) it will probably require a lot more time to be made;
- assuming that it’s true and that they decided to give it the green light after N. sane Trilogy’s success, it probably won’t be ready for this year, thought it coukd still be announced or at least more heavily teased;
- just because Activision knows fans want him back in his former PS1 glory, doesn’t mean that’s their priority nor that they will actually satisfy the request for whatever reason.
It’s great to think money would be enough, but the reasons don’t stop there;
- Activision may easily throw a curveball and surprise us with an obscure franchise they own, after all I bet the MediEvil remake/remaster cought the majority of the people by surprise.
It has happened before and will happen again, eventually;
- a new Skylanders mobile game is in the work, and there might still be announcements scheduled for later this year that we still don’t know about.
Classic and Skylands Spyro could coexist just like the two version of Crash do, but Activision may want to keep focusing on his newer incarnation before returning to his older one.

Feel free to add more pros and cons.
My point is simply that I see reasons why the remakes should and will happen, but I cannot ignore certain facts just because they make them less likely to exsist.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9930
#118 Posted: 18:10:35 13/02/2018
https://twitter.com/laurakbuzz...465968239464449

Rumors are starting to get more common.

But VV developing the games, when they stated before they weren't too hot on open world? They probably can do a good job, but I wonder how they'll tweak things around if they don't care much for this kind of gameplay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:12:51 13/02/2018 by Bifrost
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#119 Posted: 18:21:15 13/02/2018
I don't think Spyro could be qualified as an open world. Sure, many of the levels are big but many of them are connected to hub worlds and they're still linear from with a starting and a portal in the end with some secrets and hard-to-reach places.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8498
#120 Posted: 18:28:22 13/02/2018
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/0...o-ps4-this-year

Article is by Laura Kate Dale, who has leaked a lot of stuff in the past.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
#121 Posted: 18:30:16 13/02/2018
However, keep in mind she isn't infallible. She was given false info about Nintendo games far too many times at this point, though it's the fault of her sources rather than her. Also acted a bit smug when the Switch discussions started, but hey, don't shoot the messenger.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:30:36 13/02/2018 by Bifrost
EyeBrawler2014 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3429
#122 Posted: 19:58:02 13/02/2018
So, a friend of mine saw this and I thought I should share it with you all. This is a post from myskylanders.de describing an article from Kotatu

"So far, it looks like we're going to go home this year with a new Skylanders game for the big home consoles. In the last earnings call, Activision did not say a word about Skylanders. Theoretically, there is still something to come, practically unlikely.

Nevertheless, we will, so it looks current, but at least the company of Spyro (for now) on the PlayStation 4 can enjoy:

Kotaku says in a report that Vicarious Visions is currently working on a remaster of the three old Spyro games from the PlayStation 1, the information comes from several project-related sources.

The remaster of the Crash Bandicoot series went pretty well so a new attempt with Spyro is not so outlandish. The official announcement will be in March, the release will be done in the third quarter. As a closer period is called the September, about then marks the 20th anniversary of Spyro.

It is also said: The work will, like the Crash Bandicoot series, initially exclusively on the PlayStation 4 appear and then released after a year for other consoles.

The Skylanders mobile game should continue to be in development, the developers say com2us in their last quarterly report."

I also am putting in the link for the Kotaku article here http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/0...o-ps4-this-year

I hope Kotaku is right about this because that means our favorite purple dragon will be back. I also hope that like the Crash remake we are also given a different character to play as. I would enjoy going through the ps1 trilogy as, for example, Cynder. Playing as Coco was pretty cool even if it was unneeded and wasn't any different to Crash
---
Find me on Discord, I'm eyebrawler98#6720
#123 Posted: 20:21:28 13/02/2018
When you find out that the writer of the article actually has some credibility:

[User Posted Image]

Now that the Hype Train has officially left the Doubt Station (and hopefully will not end up in the Disappointment Ditch), I’m starting to wonder what new features and stuff could the remakes have compared to the original games, besides new cutscenes, dialogues and all new things like playable Coco in Crash’s remakes.

With N. Sane Trilogy bringing back Stormy Ascent as a free DLC, I’m curious if we could see previously cut content such as the Machinists World (original idea of Gnorc Gnexus) already included in the main game.
Don’t remember how many things were cut but a fourth Gateway to Glimmer’s homeworld would be an amazing surprise.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:28:41 13/02/2018 by Drek95
#124 Posted: 20:25:49 13/02/2018
Hm, this is pretty interesting. I was already %100 certain that we were getting a game, but now I'm even more sure. The leak could be wrong, but honestly, it is probably going to happen.
---
#125 Posted: 20:48:54 13/02/2018
No Cynder, please. If you're going to introduce her into the classic universe, do so in a new game, not in remakes.

I mean, I'd love a cameo(like, a very minor NPC, maybe replacing a recolor or an iffy character to bring back), but mostly to see some of the rabid fans get insanely angry at a small appearance.

As for the cut levels, that'll depend if they can use older assets. Stormy Ascent was pretty much all stuff from existing levels.
---
#126 Posted: 20:54:48 13/02/2018
The one thing I'm not too sure about is the 2018 release date? If they only started work on the remaster after seeing Crash's popularity, then that would only have given them a year. I don't know how big the team is, but it seems a little quick.

Though, we can't say for sure, they were not already working on it before crash released, because we were not there. Is there any official statement on how long production took on Crash?

I would love a 2018 release, though. They have everything all layed out already, so surely that hastened things along.
---
#127 Posted: 21:34:09 13/02/2018
The one thing I'm not too sure about is the 2018 release date? If they only started work on the remaster after seeing Crash's popularity, then that would only have given them a year. I don't know how big the team is, but it seems a little quick.

Though, we can't say for sure, they were not already working on it before crash released, because we were not there. Is there any official statement on how long production took on Crash?

I would love a 2018 release, though. They have everything all layed out already, so surely that hastened things along.

I think Vicarious Visions has said that Crash took 2 years to make (2015-2017), so for Spyro, that same time frame would have to be 2016-2018. Wouldn't be shocked if Toys for Bob helped as well.

I could possibly see Spyro getting delayed as well.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:39:57 13/02/2018 by JCW555
#128 Posted: 21:43:54 13/02/2018
Quote: JCW555

I think Vicarious Visions has said that Crash took 2 years to make (2015-2017), so for Spyro, that same time frame would have to be 2016-2018. Wouldn't be shocked if Toys for Bob helped as well.

I could possibly see Spyro getting delayed as well.

Thank you!

Hmmmmm, so that would mean (giving them the same amount of time) that Spyro would of had to begin production a year before Crash's release. So, it was either in the works for a while now, or the games were produced much quicker.

I mean, if the rumor is true, that is. ^_^
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#129 Posted: 22:56:04 13/02/2018
pros
all the damn teasing
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#130 Posted: 23:10:35 13/02/2018
https://twitter.com/greggberge...545781251616768

Hunter's old VA teasing some things!

double treat, TIL that he's also the voice of Jecht from Final Fantasy. He's the voice of Slobber Trap and Magna Charge too.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:11:38 13/02/2018 by Bifrost
#131 Posted: 23:17:49 13/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost

double treat, TIL that he's also the voice of Jecht from Final Fantasy. He's the voice of Slobber Trap and Magna Charge too.

Both V.V.’s Skylanders, huh?

This almost sounds like Lex Lang teasing about re-voicing a familiar doctor, hope more of these teasters start popping up from now on! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#132 Posted: 23:19:02 13/02/2018
Quote: Bifrost

Cool. I do believe that Neo Cortex's voice actor (Lex Lang) did the same thing during the whole Crash rumors thing. I mean, he just might support it, but idk, VA's love teasing stuff, because they are specifically told not to do that, lol.

EDIT:

Check it out, even ign is talking about it now...

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/963525701100961792
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:50:34 13/02/2018 by LindseyWednesdy
#133 Posted: 23:51:52 13/02/2018
GIVE US SPYRO REMAKE PORTS IN 2019 PLEASE

ALSO CRASH REMAKES IN 2018 PLEASE
---
shadowstarcat Gold Sparx Gems: 2177
#134 Posted: 23:52:42 13/02/2018
APARENTLY THE SPYRO TRILOGY IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR????

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2018/0...o-ps4-this-year

I hope this isnt a rumour kdhksgfsd
---
Im a crazy feral vigilante dragon lady
#135 Posted: 23:53:38 13/02/2018

Think you have those backwards HIHD smilie

(Unless it's intentional, in which case please ignore me smilie )
---
#136 Posted: 23:57:36 13/02/2018

How'd it be backwards? I'd gotta fix that!
---
#137 Posted: 23:59:25 13/02/2018

Unless you mean Crash ports in 2018, the N. Sane Trilogy already happened smilie
---
#138 Posted: 00:00:56 14/02/2018

Unless you mean Crash ports in 2018, the N. Sane Trilogy already happened smilie

Yeah, then it was intentional. Crash N. Sane ports for 2018 please.
---
#139 Posted: 00:04:32 14/02/2018

I'm a dumbass, I'm sorry smilie
---
#140 Posted: 00:06:28 14/02/2018

I'm a dumbass, I'm sorry smilie

No you're not a dumbass. You're a valued, loved, and respected person! Mistakes happen!
---
#141 Posted: 00:13:23 14/02/2018
just buy a ps4 smilie

I mean, I might, but many monies smilie
---
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#142 Posted: 00:23:33 14/02/2018
If it seriously does happen, and if it's ported to the Switch the following year... well, it'll be worth the wait. I really don't want to waste a whopping four-hundred or so on a PS4 just to get a Spyro trilogy. ^^;; (though South Park and Digimon do look tempting, but... an open-world Pokemon seems much more glorious)

That, and if Crash DOES come to the Switch, I'll probably pick that up too, whenever I do get a Switch at some point.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
#143 Posted: 00:24:16 14/02/2018

i give u the monies

[User Posted Image]

Through what means?
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#144 Posted: 00:25:31 14/02/2018

i give u the monies

[User Posted Image]

Through what means?

prostitution?
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#145 Posted: 01:12:13 14/02/2018
Quote: Lunarz

i give u the monies

[User Posted Image]

Through what means?

prostitution?

are you guys trying to get dark52 to post in here or something? you know how he likes his prostitues. what do you think i am to him?

I've been on twitter, looking through #spyro, and people are going nuts, even thought it isn't confirmed yet. I think it will happen surely, but it would seem the party has already started!
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me